[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IBO Final Episode - Okada has killed the Fundam franchise.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 381
Thread images: 44

File: IBO.jpg (86KB, 300x370px) Image search: [Google]
IBO.jpg
86KB, 300x370px
We are in mourning!
>>
>Gundam
>Die
It will live on as long as they have UC stuff to animate and model kits to sell

The next TV series is probably already in the planning phase.
>>
What ruined IBO?
>>
>>15385307

>Iok didn't make it but Julie did

But muh brown Colasour
>>
>>15385321
Main characters.
>>
>>15385321
everything
>>
>>15385321
Not ending it on S1.
>>
>>15385307
What a pointless ending, none of this felt like it had to happen

Rustal just wanted a picture of them bravely defeating the nasty gundams, he didn't care about any of them and no one really needed to die. Didn't even try and track down those who escaped when Kudelia is still obviously a very public figure with the same people around her. They could have just fucked off before Orga died and he wouldn't have cared apparently. Didn't even need to escape to earth.

McGillis whole plan looks stupider than ever as well.
>>
>>15385330
Why didn't they just from ended this from EPISODE 1
>"OH LOOK SOME KIDS AREN'T BEHAVING ON MARS!"
>DAINSLEIF I WIN.
>>
File: Wat.png (46KB, 175x126px) Image search: [Google]
Wat.png
46KB, 175x126px
>>15385307
Where were you when it all went wrong /m/?
>>
This is what happens when you want to subverts tropes just because it's cool and makes for a dramatic scene.
>>
>Mika dies
>Akihiro dies
>Iok dies
>Gordon dies

At least something happened rather than nothing.
>>
>>15385340
Why didn't they do this [any episode they fought]

Like I can live with oh they had none at Mars and only use it in serious cases. By episode 4 this was a serious case, after Dort there is no excuse.

This is why you don't include such a weapon being used in such a way, I can accept that they just don't do something cause it means a story can be told, but once it has been used in that way then there is no real justification.
>>
>>15385321
Nagai, Okada and everyone else who put them in charge.
>>
>>15385321

Ruined is a strong word but this show would have benefitted immensely from greatly reducing or wiping out Tekkadan's numbers entirely at the end of S1 and shifting the focus to Gjallarhorn for S2 to see a proper struggle from within.
>>
>>15385349
I don't understand the "nothing happened" meme, Mars situation has completely changed, so did Gjallahorn.

People need to stop expecting Code Geass crap from everything.
>>
>>15385351
The only thing that has changed between now and then was the life of McGillis. I submit therefore that it was because McGillis was no longer around to reveal Rustal's war crimes that he was able to use the Dainsleifs on Tekkadan. McGillis was the true hero all along.
>>
>>15385341
I was here, with everyone else.
>>
>>15385321
Lack of direction.The show went nowhere very slowly

It tried to be more character driven but they are dull and 1 dimensional. It tried to be political but it's politics was baby tier and required lots of dull exposition. It tried to be dark yet doesn't commit or develop to these ideas so ends up being MUH ORPHANS MUH DEBRIS, meanwhile solving problems in childish ways.

Instead of developing a plot point it prefered asspulls. An obvious surprised is valued over well developed drama.

IBO is simply lazy, it threw in cliches to get people watching.
>>
I mean, I get what she was trying to do.

The whole pointless battlefield, soldiers who have nothing else thing. disregarding season 1 which is just fucking nothing, S2 actually had some good things going on. The thing is, the way the camera presented the things happening to you is fucking nuts. If the exact same events have transpired, but instead of solely focusing on Tekkadan's whole romance of the battlefield bullshit.

S2 would've been so much fucking better if it doesn't portray Gjallarhorn the way Tekkadan saw them. This might've been what Okada was going for, but it was a bad move, especially considering the amount of Plot Armor on Tekkadan. The camera seems so fucking adamant on making Rustal the bad guy. I mean, yeah, war crimes and all, but if the show actually gave a fuck about his goals instead of his actions alone, it might've been better.

It's so unfocused. And the times it actually decided to stick to something, it stuck on to the wrong things.
>>
>>15385374

In fairness, all of Gundam's politics are 'baby-tier' except maybe Origin.

The only other show that tried tossed out politics after ten episodes.
>>
>>15385385
>The only other show that tried tossed out politics after ten episodes.

Which one you are talking about? 00?
>>
>>15385340
Because it was considered an option by Gjallerhorn once it was already brought to the table. Not to mention s1 is small stakes shit, s2 is a fucking rebellion.
>>
>>15385374

Spot on.
>>
The Gundams going beserk was fucking amazing, Iok getting crushed was pure joy, but Mikazuki's death scene was kind of meh.

Season 2 was kind of average, the whole build up with McGillis and Bael just amounted to nothing and ended abruptly. But the suits were cool.
>>
>>15385388

Yes.
>>
>>15385321
Jewdelia.
>>
>>15385370
I can't believe they went with Gaelio's non-existent "development" during the finale. He was supposed to influence the Gjallarhorn, instead we get the butterfly consuming self-insert and the dainsleif abuser who had to make an example instead of accepting surrender.

It definetly feels contrary to Rustal presenting himself as one of the evil adults back then. As others pointed out, he was portrayed in a different way from the person one he becomes in the finale.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12659136
>>
>>15385349
Iok dying was symbolic of the cessation of abusive power through nepotism. Similarly, Carta Issue dying was due to her incompetence. Fareed house fell due to Iznario abusing Choco which caused him to rebel.

In contrast, Rustal was actually a competent and just leader.

The three families which fell were the behind the cause of various problems in Galljarhorn.
>>
So how did mika get killed
>>
>>15385441

Barbatoasted.
>>
>>15385441

Julieta defeated Barbatos and decapitated it.
>>
>>15385441
If you lost a lot blood, you will die.
>>
a whole series about nothing. Fuck this shit. Only good scene was Iok dying, but Iok was a Pepe level troll, and I'd rather he live and someone else get nipped.
>>
RIP based guts. You have suffered enough. Now rest.

RIP iok. You fucking moron, going to the worst possible person, my god. Good riddance.

RIP mika. You finally find the place you...belong?

Rustal lived and actually made everything better? Based.

>>15385441
Over exhaustion. Oh and probably losing all his blood.
>>
>>15385449
I always saw Julietta as Joan of arc.
>>
>>15385307
the 2nd cour of this season was a trainwreck.
>>
>>15385462
>You finally find the place you...belong?

The point that the show tried to make, emphasis on "tried", was that the battlefield was the only place Mika belonged.
>>
>>15385462
What happened to Gali Gali? Did he get to marry Julieta
>>
Why is Gaelio disabled now? He seemed fine after killing McGillis
>>
>>15385469
The show was a trainwreck, it only works when you think any of this shit will lead somewhere cool and it never did
>>
>>15385469
This should have come as no surprise as the first Cour was a trainwreck too.
>>
>>15385477
Probably had an operation to remove the filthy disgusting metal parts from his body.
>>
>>15385473

Yeah, it's implied heavily that they are a couple now. But he's wheelchair bound for some reason.
>>
File: local man ruins everything.jpg (246KB, 587x663px) Image search: [Google]
local man ruins everything.jpg
246KB, 587x663px
>>15385462
>RIP iok. You fucking moron, going to the worst possible person, my god. Good riddance.
>even in death people are still salty
>>
What the heck is a Rebake Full City?
>>
>>15385492
Coffee theming
>>
>>15385487
>Yeah, it's implied heavily that they are a couple now. But he's wheelchair bound for some reason.
Just Good Friends
>>
>>15385433
>Rustal was actually a competent and just leade
>just
He was pragmatic. At no point was he just.
>>
>>15385487
he clearly got his AV removed and was recovering from the surgery

>>15385511
JUST A FRIEND STILL A FRIEND
>>
File: drfgyhujik.jpg (75KB, 886x500px) Image search: [Google]
drfgyhujik.jpg
75KB, 886x500px
>>15385520
>clearly
>>
>>15385420

The epilogue was poorly written, as with the rest of the series.

Julieta romanticizing Tekkadan in her last conversation with Gaelio.

Rustal just letting it slide after Kudelia says Tekkadan died noble deaths, instead of arresting her right then and there.

It leaves a really bad aftertaste, after the sweetness of Mika and Akihiro's deaths. Rustal was a kind but iron-fisted ruler, he wouldn't just make peace with- and reduce Gjallarhorn's influence on Mars after making an example of Tekkadan like that.
>>
Better then AGE
MUCH Better then Seed and Seed Destiny
Better then G-Reco
Enjoyed it more then 00, Wing
Better then GBFT

>No beamspam.
>Good MS designs.
>Main character that didn't change in S2 and decide to stop killing people.
>Good soundtrack.
>>
>>15385534
> Better then G-Reco
No.
>Enjoyed it more then 00, Wing
Not even close.
>Better then GBFT
No.
>>
I told you guys Okada is shit, and you didn't believe me.
>>
>"Why didn't they just drop a colony on the White Base?"
>"Why didn't they just use the colony laser on Green Noa?"
>"Why didn't the Moon People just crush the earthlings when they came back?"
GIBO has an incredible amount of faults but the villains not using treaty-banned superweapons that aren't supposed to exist anymore from the very beginning isn't one of them.
>>
>>15385317
It's impossible to kill what's already dead, it's a shambling corpse, just like Resident Evil.

>>15385349
Plus they had the balls to kill off the main Gundam's pilot. That's the only thing I'll respect the series for.
>>
>>15385526
Why would he have those bandages where his neural implants were before though?
>>15385534
>No beamspam.
Yeah, because Dansleif spam is so much better!
Imagine if we had a machine gun firing Dansleifs, it woukd be the same thing.
>>
>>15385462
>You finally find the place you...belong?
He bought the farm, that doesn't mean he gets to live in one.
>>
that little motherfucker Ride is still ruining things
>>
File: 1491112620944.png (119KB, 514x770px) Image search: [Google]
1491112620944.png
119KB, 514x770px
>>15385534
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! No

It's at least better than AGE and G-Reco as well as Try, but BF and 00 were more entertaining
>>
>>15385547
>Mika is seconds away from death
>Shitietta fires her pea shooter at him a few times and pulls the cockpit door off
>Mika dies because he was dying already
>"i did it guise i beet da demun"

Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>15385541
Literally nobody has any faith in Okada's writing abilities since Anohana, Hanasaku Iroha and Nagi no Asakura. And M3 solidified this.
>>
File: 00_Raiser_in_Battle.jpg (693KB, 3039x2141px) Image search: [Google]
00_Raiser_in_Battle.jpg
693KB, 3039x2141px
>>15385569
Energy Blade=Raiser Sword

I edited the shoutout just for that
>>
>>15385547
Rest in pieces, the most edgy gundam in history.
>>
>>15385578

People on /a/ absolutely shit on me for criticizing AnoHana or Hanasaku. Here too.
>>
Thank goodness it's over.

Nobliss had it coming.
Ride is...well, let's just pretend he offed himself after his revenge.

>>15385547
F.

Your tail was amazing. I mean, wow, look at it go.

>Rip the cockpit out then crushes it
>Juliete tries to saves the 3 grunts but they were already cut in half.
Poor grunts. Never stood a chance.
>>
>>15385578
>spoiler
There needs to be competent directors putting her on a leash more often, it shouldn't be the exception rather than the rule.
>>
>>15385557
> kill off the main Gundam's pilot
If they didn't, I would riot.
>>
>>15385578

Nagi no Asakura was good though, and Hanasaku Iroha to a much lesser extent.
>>
>>15385592
>Hanasaku Iroha to a much lesser extent.

Hanasaku Iroha was total shit, the show literally had no plot and it only developed 2 characters until the very end.
>>
>>15385527
Rustal wouldn't have the authority to arrest a visiting executive from another government for her opinions on some people he ordered killed a few years back.
>>
>>15385560
They were around his body, his body got hurt.

You may as well assume they took his spine and lungs out from that evidence
>>
>>15385492
>>15385503
It could also be a mistranslation of ferocity as they'd likely share the same kanji. Like how gp01 full vernier became full bernern.
>>
>>15385307
フミタン→街中でモブの凶弾に倒れ死亡
ラフタ→街中でモブの凶弾に倒れ死亡
オルガ→街中でモブの凶弾に倒れ死亡

Fumitan, Lafter and Orga got shot on the street.

名瀬→特攻失敗で死亡
シノ→特攻失敗で死亡
マッキー→特攻失敗で死亡

Naze, Shino and Macky all died in a failed kamikaze attack.

昌宏→コクピットを潰され会話をしながら死亡
アストン→コクピットを潰され会話をしながら死亡
石動→コクピットを潰され会話をしながら死亡
ハッシュ→コクピット潰され会話をしながら死亡

Akihiro, Isurugi, Aston and Hush got their cockpits crushed.
>>
It was fun watching sugoi and rustal talk together.

They know who each other is and yet know better than to bring up too much of the past.
>>
>>15385578

The level of character development in the anime you mentioned and IBO are on totally different levels.

Mari Okada might be shit at some things, but writing believable characters is not one of them. Clearly other forces were at work causing IBO to be the shitstain of this franchise.

And by other forces I mean Bandai model kit sales division forcing quotas on episodes.
>>
I hereby raise a proposal that from now and forever more the name of Mari Okada will be associated with shame and terrible writing on /m/.
>>
File: 1390681920496.png (850KB, 948x716px) Image search: [Google]
1390681920496.png
850KB, 948x716px
>>15385614
>Hush got his cockpit crushed
Nooooo! Dear god why!?
>>
A couple of nights ago, I had a dream where Rustal became a world leader who was at risk of being assassinated in public appearances.
>>
>TFW IBO didn't do anywhere as bad as /m/ wants to believe and there's a decent chance future series will take from it.

Feels fucking great. Gundam hasn't been good since the 90s, so watching /m/ bitch and moan and flat out not understand a simple toy commercial is the most entertaining this series has ever been.
>>
>>15385625
>but writing believable characters is not one of them

Are you for real? Mari Okada is fucking terrible at writing believable characters or character relationships. That's why one of the criticisms leveled against her so often is that her main romantic couples are fucking awful. Do you think characters like Mika are believable? He was literally just a stupid manlet Inaho. Or what's her name, the autist, from True Tears? Or half the cast of Mayoiga? Or half the cast of Hanasaku, who were all like Japanese Seinfeld pastiches or neurosis? Or even in AnoHana you had shit like the slut who isn't a slut because Mari Okada has no balls, she wants to be edgy but doesn't have the courage to actually go there so you get this weak faggot shit.

Mari Okada is terrible at everything. She is like a worm that just manages to wriggle its way into the shadow of better talent and then she mangles everything. I will shit on her forever.
>>
>>15385340
>>DAINSLEIF I WIN.
Because Mika hadn't solo'd a fucking Mobile Armour back then
>>
>>15385628
he didnt do anything but be mika's wheelchair anyway
>>
>>15385643

The level of character-focused writing and development in Anohana, Nagi no Asakura, True tears and even Aquarion Evol are leagues above and beyond what is in IBO. Whoever wrote these characters, was not her

This isn't all on Mari Okada and you know it. You just want a scapegoat to save face for this dogshit Gundam franchise.
>>
>>15385569
>00 were more entertaining
00 was only entertaining for the cringe value of Allelujah and how fucking retarded the SUPER POWERED UP TRANS-AM modes and the FUCKING ALIENS were.
It's a quintessential trainwreck anime.
>>
>>15385600
>the show literally had no plot
Idiot
>>
>>15385641
Just because a gundam series is a commercial success doesnt mean it has an enjoyable, cohesive or worthwhile plot. Pretty much every gundam series has taught me this after zeta. Every time a gundam series tries to push an anti war message into a fucking toy commercial it comes across as having ones cake and eating it. In the end IBO is just another pathetic entry into the gundam universe. The plamo has sold well and we'll likely see more side stories in the future which is nice, the designs are definitely good. But if the story wants to end on a note that the status quo continues and nothing changes without resolving any of the pressing questions, it shouldn't have wasted nearly 25 hours of anyones time.
>>
>>15385663
>The level of character-focused writing and development in Anohana, Nagi no Asakura, True tears and even Aquarion Evol are leagues above and beyond what is in IBO. Whoever wrote these characters, was not her

You're retarded if you think like this.
She never wrote a single memorable character that actually had any nuance.

She's not terrible but she's a very mediocre writer.
>>
>>15385681

This is part of why I appreciated the honesty of GBF and GBFT. They had the balls to put aside the pretense.
>>
>>15385663

Asshole, I don't know if you're aware of this, but another one of Okada's flaws is that she has tremendously bad pacing skills, which is why almost all her series are slow as fuck in the beginning and then at the end it all hurtles towards the conclusion with issues being hastily resolved/thrown out. It was like this in True Tears, Hanasaku, Mayoiga, fucking everything. And IBO too.

In fact most Mari Okada characters are NOT well developed. They get 1 episode to spill their sob story, like in a shitty Key anime. This just tricks stupid people, like you, into believing there's good character development there. It's like the crossdressing faggot in AnoHana. He got found out as a crossdresser, then he cried for half an episode... and that was it for him. he was never relevant again.

So Mari Okada is not good at this. And this style, it reeks of her. This and other things. I can see her work all over IBO. I can smell her. This is all on her. I am under no illusion that the Gundam franchise is high art, but you are talking out your ass. This show is bad because of Mari Okada and her incompetent partner in crime Nagai, they share this blame equally, you are just trying to cover Mari's ass.
>>
I'm honestly glad that IBO has shown gundam fans on /m/ are literally dumbshit manchildren who get whine if they don't have a new toy shoved into their face every episode and can't handle endings that aren't sunshine and rainbows. You were already a bigger cancer than tokufags and I hope this results in you fuckers leaving a the board.
>>
>>15385705
Hey, you better stop talking like that or I'm gonna get whine.
>>
>>15385690
GBF is a 10/10 for me because I didn't take it as part of the REAL gundam series but merely as a commercial and a contribute+celebration of the franchise that is entertaining

TRY is still shit, it just fucked the greatness GBF gave
>>
>>15385690
Precisely, g gundam is another good example because the plot is paper thin and any character development holds no real gravitas, it really just gives Domon a new way to punch a dude.
>>
There's a nice pic of epilogue Yamagi in this thread
http://zip.2chan.net/2/res/1529161.htm

>1491136302655.png
>>
>>15385705
The problem is that IBO bitched out on a proper bad ending though. The show was clearly building up to it, but instead, they settled on this "bittersweet" bullshit that just ends up painting every action Tekkadan did as being pointless, even to its former members.
>>
>>15385705
/m/ demands perfection and only perfection.
IBO failed at being edgy and pulling off a "bad end". That's all there is to it.
>>
>>15385705

Nobody is upset that it wasn't a happy ending, you fucking mongoloid. People are upset because this ending basically showed that the entire Tekkadan story was an utter waste of time. There was no payoff to following these clowns for 50 episodes. They were just a bunch of stupid shitters, like you.

Not to mention it was all so half-assed and poorly executed. They didn't even have the balls to kill or punish everybody. For no reason, too, other than ballessness.

/m/ fucking loves bittersweet endings like 00 S1, 0080, Stargazer, whatever. This was a shit ending because it was what everyone has come to expect from IBO: edgy posturing with nothing behind it, no courage, no daring, no innovation, nothing.
>>
>>15385307
>Finally killing off a terrible, soulless, boring franchise
Thanks, based Okada.
>>
>>15385696

You're just upset that I called out your franchise for the shitshow it is, and that you still cannot explain the difference in quality of writing.

The fact is that no matter who writes a Gundam series it always goes to shit because Bandai has a stake in it and will modify the script to suit their needs.

You wrote all of that, yet you still cannot explain why the quality of writing in Nagi no Asakura, AnoHana, and even Aquarion Evol is so much better than that in IBO.
>>
>>15385711
If anything, GBF is the most appropriate entry in the franchise. They realised we wanted a series about cool robot designs pulling off flashy and ingenious attacks and gave us just that without any bullshit pretense of WAR IS HELL in a fucking toy commercial.
>>
>>15385724
I hope you are ready for new UC gunpla.
>>
>>15385730
Kill yourself, pathetic shitter. Just end yourself, faggot.
>>
>>15385730

Holy shit you are hilarious. In the very post you're quoting I said I don't think Gundam is a franchise of high art and your whole argument now is "u just buttmad gundam fanboy." Are you serious?

Second, of those shows you listed, two of them are character driven shows and Aquarion Evol is total shit. Who do you think you're fooling? And of all those shows you listed, only Nagi is any good. AnoHana didn't have good character writing at all. AnoHana was "wow it's fucking nothing" every single episode.

Why are you such a deluded assclown?
>>
>>15385718
>/m/ demands perfection and only perfection.
then /m/ wouldn't be watching the world's longest toy commerical

Not even shitposting, I am honestly wondering why /m/ acts like IBO is such a fucking travesty when a majority of Gundam shows are just are shit. It's telling when the best one in decades is the one that threw away any pretense of NOT being a giant toy commerical.
>>
>>15385721
This. It was just massively poor execution. Entire episode fell flat. Without my medication, I usually cry hilariously easy. Even I shed no tears this ep. All the deaths fell that flat, even if they needed to happen.
>>
>>15385732
>>
File: bender louder.gif (1MB, 288x198px) Image search: [Google]
bender louder.gif
1MB, 288x198px
>>15385534
>>
File: 1387196515277.jpg (582KB, 1489x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1387196515277.jpg
582KB, 1489x1079px
What was the point of the entire S2 if Rustal just gives everyone what they wanted in the end with no explanation?

>Free Mars
>Abolish the corrupt 7 stars and reform Gjalahorn
>Abolish Human Debris
>>
Let us remember the good moments of S2.
>>
>>15385757
To waste you time.
>>
>>15385586
>Nobliss had it coming
The guy was already old, got a fine taste of life, had 8 full years before getting rided. He was also probably close to getting cancer.
>>
>>15385757
Precisely.
>>
>>15385758
It all went so bad after this, it could have ended so much better
>>
>>15385626
It's not like we've avoided talking about EVOL for years.
>>
Are you guys looking forward to season 3, Ride's Counterattack?
>>
>>15385758
Kimaris Vidar was great, I loved the drill knees.

I still think these poor robots deserve better. They should've been in a fantasy super robot about ancient demon samurai or some shit.
>>
Wasn't much of a final battle, the suffering man suffers no more and nobody has to suffer Iok being stupid. Julieta's Reginlaze vaguely looked like Kimaris during the Earth arc, she looked cute with long hair. The way things ended it doesn't seem open ended enough for supplementary material after Tekkadan. Akatuski has two mothers
>>
>>15385749
legit my favorite part about try is dumbfucks getting upset about a phrase that is literally going "these highly customizable model kits can be used to show your creativity."

Like using it as an excuse for shoddy building is bad, don't get me wrong. But people getting triggered by "gunpla is freedom" is funny as shit all the same.
>>
>>15385744

This is when online debates get interesting. When you cannot explain the difference in writing quality then resort to the good old namecalling ad-hominem to further convince yourself into thinking this is on Mari Okada.

Explain to me the difference in quality of writing between Nagi no Asakura and IBO, if the same person wrote both in a relatively short timespan. Or you can just admit that you are wrong
>>
>>15385745
Every Gundam series gets shit on /m/ though even the ones that are considered masterpieces in nippon like Zeta or 0083.

Perfection doesn't exist especially if it means trying to appeal to a demographic as wide as Gundam fans while still having the objective to attract new fans to buy plastic.

The fact also remains that this franchise has been running for a long amount of time and I'm still yet to see a full 50 episode entry that doesn't waste most of its episodes.

Writing toy commercials is hard and thankless job. If you think /m/ Gunota are raging retards you haven't seen the 2ch variant.
>>
File: C8ZNh6zUwAAz4BH.jpg (65KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
C8ZNh6zUwAAz4BH.jpg
65KB, 1024x576px
>Went from worst boy to best boy in one episode
APOLOGIZE!
RIDE'S FLASH SIDE SPINOFF STORY WHEN?!!
>>
>>15385781
Why is Ride cosplaying as Setsuna?
>>
>>15385779

Why should I have to jump through your hoops to prove, for you, that this is her fault? She is literally the series composer. It's her fault anyway.
>>
File: Happy Ending.jpg (167KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
Happy Ending.jpg
167KB, 1360x768px
Yamagi got blacked.
>>
>>15385791

>http://zip.2chan.net/2/res/1529161.htm
>>1491136302655.png
>>
File: 1321799335597.png (5KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1321799335597.png
5KB, 400x400px
>5 minute wrap up where everting that happened during the series is invalidated, the main "bad guy" has a change of heart and everyone lives happily ever after

I think I'm having a brain aneurysm trying to deal with this much stupid
>>
File: C8ZOwDOUQAAnI-E.jpg (16KB, 380x256px) Image search: [Google]
C8ZOwDOUQAAnI-E.jpg
16KB, 380x256px
>>15385786
Because DUDE, CHILD SOLIDER BACKGROUND, LMAO!
>>
Why does Rustal, of all people ended up as the leader of the reformed Gjallarhorn?
He got more skeletons in his closet than the whole Mars soil.
Mass media misinformation, using banned weapons, not counting the crimes of his subordinate.

I can tolerate Julietta surviving as she only got uglier.
Kinda hypocritical of her to mock Mika fighting without a cause when her only cause is muh Rustal.
>>
https://wavemotioncannon.com/2017/02/01/iron-blooded-orphans-is-not-mari-okadas-gundam/
>>
>>15385781
Who were the guys with him? I guess ex-Tekkadan wanting revenge but there shouldn't be that many anymore
>>
>>15385804
>source: my blog
>>
Julietta lifting Barbatos head on her sword provoked the ire of japanese fans everywhere. Nips claim that this was a lack of respect toward ''the franchise fans'', ''the symbol representing the franchie'' and ''franchise history''.
they want to kill Okada and and show's producers.
>>
The Okada fanboy in these threads who keeps trying to wipe the shit off his waifu is too much.
>>
>>15385811
And they say /m/ is overzealous.
>>
>>15385811
....but the actual rx-78-2 getting fucked in 00 wasn't that as well?
>>
>>15385811
>they want to kill Okada and and show's producers.

Goodspeed to them, is there a kickstarter where I can donate to fund their efforts
>>
>>15385804
It reminds me of the Gen Urobuchi apologists after that pile of shit that was A/Z.
>>
>>15385665
>kill Okada
That reasoning is retarded, but godspeed.
>>
File: 1491132168716.jpg (130KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491132168716.jpg
130KB, 1280x720px
Who the fuck was that again?
>>
>>15385804
hahahaha oh wow. Completely misunderstands what people's criticisms are when they blame Okada.
>>
>>15385832

You don't recognize Yamagi?
>>
>>15385832
Best girl
>>
>>15385832
I sure as fuck don't remember.
>>
>>15385825
>>15385829
>writes a shitty anime
>this means she should die

ow the edge.
>>
>>15385832
That's post-op Yamagi. See

http://zip.2chan.net/2/res/1529161.htm
>No.1529648
>>
File: 76401829.jpg (39KB, 554x545px) Image search: [Google]
76401829.jpg
39KB, 554x545px
>>
>>15385832

>Shino's motif

Best boy still going strong even from the grave
>>
>>15385839
Oh... I didn't.
>>
>>15385811
How about you link this shit faggot before stating this crap.
I'm interested, I'm just lurking anywhere else, people more satisfied on this show in west, wonder how nips are.
>>
>>15385569

GBF? Sure.

00? Fuck no

understanding particles for everything, Trans AM spam, aliens, and immortal alien Sestuna were shit.
>>
>>15385828
Okada didn't abandon IBO but she didn't write all the episodes either and delegated episodes to other writers which is perfectly normal. Not everyone is as based as Kuroda.

Urobuchi literally abandoned A.Z and flat out said he didn't write any of the characters and only gave Aoki a series plan with 2-3 sentence per episode. It's a whole other level of lazyyyyyy.
>>
>>15385852
As long as he can't paint anything.
>>
>>15385867
I think Urobuchi is shit but he didn't abandoned A.Z. they literally just hired him to do as little as possible just so they can slap his name on it.
>>
Why is Gaelio a cripple now? Why didn't his hair change in like 10 years?
>>
Where were you when Gundam stopped being about anti-war stories, and instead began indulging in petty revenge fantasies?
>>
>>15385757
>>15385798

There wouldn't be an IBO show if Macky could've just have been more open with Carta and Gali.

Tekkadan could've turned down McGillis and still would had enough power on Mars to do whatever they wanted.

It was mainly just MISUNDERSTANDINGS but with much less whiny bullshit and crying.

>>15385811

need a source for that.
>>
>>15385884
Something happened and you will see it in the ova.
>>
>>15385379
A war criminal who will never lose the democratic vote is now in charge of the universe. Nothing is left forces wise to stand against him and all the heroes suddenly team up with him.

Is this SEED Destiny tier or what?
>>
>>15385874
No, Urobuchi was genuinely excited to make a mecha series but didn't feel like writing all of it when the director didn't like his ideas.
It's how he ended up writing 2 episodes for Gargantia after the director came and enforced semon demons on him.

Not the first time a director tells him to shut and turns his ideas down, happened with Blassreiter and Expelled from Paradise too.
>>
>>15385897
This is the thing that bothers me the most about IBO. It's so juvenile in how edgy it's trying to be.
>>
>>15385899
>There wouldn't be an IBO show
Which is the problem, everything feels pointless

The ride wasn't good and everyone kept promising stuff will happen soon, characters will develop soon until we reach this ending.

>much less whiny bullshit and crying.
Characters being emotional and having conflict between them that builds to an interesting story, how terrible we should reserve that for the minimum of scenes.
>>
>>15385909
> It's how he ended up writing 2 episodes for Gargantia after the director came and enforced semon demons on him.
> Not the first time a director tells him to shut and turns his ideas down, happened with Blassreiter and Expelled from Paradise too.
Is there anything beside F/Z that he actually wrote from start to finish?
I love gargantia, I thought it's completely his work.
>>
So where can I buy 1/60 Dainsliff?
I have to own one as a IBO fan.
>>
>Kudelia's sappy shit about Mika's kid having hands that will grasp the future

Is there a more delusional woman than Kudelia?
Mika just fought in every direction with no purpose, like a drunken retard. Then he died and the world moved on without him.
>>
>>15385473
>>15385487
Disregard loli brat, acquire tsundere

>>15385601
Plus political leverage, if Rustal wanted he could make Kudelia's friends lives hell. But he won't if she plays along.
>>
>>15385941
>Is there a more delusional woman than Kudelia?
Okada
>>
>>15385927

Madoka and Kamen Rider Gaim (well, he didn't write the epilogue episode).

And with Gargantia, he wrote the first and final episode, and the overall series outline, but everything between them was handled by secondary writers.
>>
>>15385534
Wrong on every account, IBO is better than nothing. We need beam spam again.
>>
Rustal is the smartest Gundam villain.
>>
File: 61836255_p0.jpg (193KB, 568x600px) Image search: [Google]
61836255_p0.jpg
193KB, 568x600px
People don't understand Rustal's character . He is a pragmatist/realist, who witnessed Tekkadan's rise to power, where they were able to threaten the very existence of Gjallarhorn with AV soldiers and almost take over Mars, and it would only be the beginning unless Mars and Earth worked together to give people basic human rights, and end child slavery. So Tekkadan left their mark on inter-planetary politics in a big way.

As for making Gjallarhorn democratic, he really didn't have a choice now that the council system had been abused and destroyed by McGillis and it was because of the aristocratic nature of the families that they were so vulnerable to in-fighting to begin with.

Rustal is more of a tool of history that maneuvered for power when things were already changing than a good hearted reformer.
>>
This can't be hair. It must be some kind of martian symbiote.

>>15385776
>nobody has to suffer Iok being stupid
This is the highlight of the episode. We're finally free from him.
>>
File: 1491138793222.png (655KB, 750x577px) Image search: [Google]
1491138793222.png
655KB, 750x577px
He smiles again.

>>15385955
No beams made the gunpla cheap
>>
>>15385899
2ch, livedoor
>>
When does the Calamity War show come out?

Hiroshi Tsurugi pilots the factory-fresh Barbatos against the terrifying living Mobile Armors.

Featuring the insert song "Devil God Barbatos" performed by Ichiro Mizuki.
>>
>>15385307
you guys just like to shit on things
>>
>>15385941
This. Kudelia is just raising another autistic murder machine.
>>
>>15385705
Hi Anime Suki, good to know how delusional you are into thinking this was somehow decent.
>>15385718
No, it was too edgy.
>>15385724
Found Macross World.
>>
>>15385927
Only Madoka. His script was accepted from the first draft and remained 99% the same. It was a rare occurrence in the industry.
TBF was also the same but he had total control over that project.

Gargantia was different before Murata was invited as the director. It wasn't a sea planet, it wasn't earth even and obviously had no semon demons.

Efp was also an edgy story but Mizushima didn't go for it.

>>15385951
Gaim was butchered though. It got changed too much and it ruined the cohesiveness of the show.
>>
>>15385978

Wrong, asshole. In my time on /m/ I have come to realize /m/ has an extremely high threshold for tolerating shit as long as it's got a mecha in it. /m/ has very low standards. So if /m/ is shitting on something, it's REALLY bad.
>>
>>15385980
>downwards spiral because nips can't write
>only good thing of this show was Rustal winning
Yeah, only good thing is the mecha designs.
>>
>>15385961
This.

CB, Londo Bell, 3SA, LM, Shuffle Alliance, The Wing bois, AEUG, etc. will all lose, and losr badly, against him if they were in the same situation as Tekkadan.

Literally the BEST gundam antagonist in decades.
>>
I could say a lot about the ending but everything's been commented on already countless times

Except for one thing

Why is Julietta wearing Gaelio's thigh high boots in the epilogue?
>>
>>15385547
F

Sleep tight, Barbie. You're one of my favorite main gundams.
>>
>>15385971

>Calamity War prequel.

Just like we got the Solar Wars OVA for 00?

or just any animated secondary material for any AU series that isn't a post show movie?

It is never going to happen. Sunrise is going to keep shitting out UC OYW spinoffs with a brand new RX-78(XXX) Prototype and a new super secret Zaku late war project.
>>
>>15385744
>Why are you such a deluded assclown?
>calls EVOL bad
Stop /y/ning so much.
>>15385907
>Is this SEED Destiny tier or what?
Worse.
>>
There's only one thing I'm mad about. If Iok didn't die we could've made a Flawless Victory edit for Team Meat
>>
Overall it was a pretty good ending, much better than S1.
The good guys won.
>>
>>15385963
To much fanwank and mental gymnastics

>he really didn't have a choice

He was the only power left in the Solar system, he could have done whatever he wanted
>>
>>15385993
Can't argue with that.
>>
>>15385995

I liked how he decided to just bombard them from orbit.
>>
>>15385995
>shuffle alliance
>lose
EXCUSE ME?
>>
>>15385966
Yuri doujins when goddammit.
>>
>>15386014
He had to die or the masses would've been even more salty about Rustal's position.
>>
>>15385998
Hey, he doesn't need 'em anymore, and she looks damn good in 'em.
>>
>>15386022
Fucking this. Domon would hurl those thumbtacks right back at Rusty's smug face if he tried to pull this shit.
>>
>>15385995
>will all lose, and losr badly

They can just chose to not fight him and Rustal will comply with every one of the demands in a breif 5 minute post-credits montage.
>>
>>15386002
>post show movie
This is why I'm glad Mika died, along with it being the only logical ending for him. No more IBO outside of the few kits Bandai has left and putting Barbatos on Gundam vs.
>>
>>15385547
F
Top gundam with top pilot
>>
>>15386047
>Bottom gundam with bottom pilot
Fixed
>>
>>15386023
Do you really want porn of Atra? Fumitan was the only good IBO character for doujins. And Takaki.
>>
>>15386042
>This is why I'm glad Mika died

You got Mika Jr. for the post show movie
>>
The Gusion should have had red eyes when Guts found out he was against Iok.
>>
>>15385379
Not really. I mean, if you read between the lines and have morals, it's pretty easy to tell who the good guys are from the start.
>>
How did the Japs react to this episode
>>
>>15386065

Yeah, I want Atra porn. I'm not proud.
>>
File: 1419528247670.jpg (54KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
1419528247670.jpg
54KB, 704x528px
Let me fix this mess

>Gaelio shoots Rustal, takes control over Gjalahron and reforms it

It's not that fucking hard
>>
>>15386067
The Gusion has some kind of limiter to stop the system from overwhelming the pilot. Also, Guts has only two AV ports, he wouldnt be able to handle the load.
>>
>>15386065
>Do you really want porn of Atra?
Doing lewd things with her wife, yes.

>Spoiler
Like you wouldn't fuck Yamagi. Circa and ESPECIALLY post-series.
>>
File: 62224158_p0.jpg (539KB, 1821x1289px) Image search: [Google]
62224158_p0.jpg
539KB, 1821x1289px
I knew he was going to die, but I kind of liked this little edgelord

Also best song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pyfH3oj_eg
>>
>>15386073
Kill Julietta off too
>>
>>15385897
>petty revenge stories

Chars Counter Attack?
>>
File: Screenshot (252).png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (252).png
4MB, 1920x1080px
Gundam kino, a way to top off the EoE feeling the entire battle gave, or both?
>>
>>15386064
rustal pls go and stay go
>>
>>15386084
Barbatos deserved better.
>>
>>15386069
reading my post >>15385811

>Newtype March 2017

>長井 龍雪
Tatsuyuki Nagai

>私はアドバイザーみたいなポジションで入っています。脚本協力・ストーリー監修といったところです。
I'm here acting as an adviser. Support with the screenplay, and supervising the story you can say.
>>
>>15386080
Gali Gali needs something to wet his spear with now that both Carta and Macky are dead, bro.
>>
>>15386099
He's still got Almeria.
>>
>>15386099
Y'think he can even get it up still?
>>
>>15386076
>Like you wouldn't fuck Yamagi
Actually, no. I found Takaki cuter. Yamagi was trying to hard to be girly.
>>
>>15385781
Not gonna lie, Ride making that pose and inhaling like that was kinda hot. Also, I wonder if that red scarf is the same one Orga wore.
>>
File: 59350057_p14.jpg (190KB, 800x1113px) Image search: [Google]
59350057_p14.jpg
190KB, 800x1113px
>>15386042

>Bael fixed and shown off.
>Ride on the path of revenge
>Mika Jr.

It isn't like Gundam Frames are gone forever or something stupid like that and while there isn't enough for S3 there is enough for a movie.

>>15386073

He wasn't happy with everything Rustal did but he saved him and gave him a chance at revenge.
>>
>>15385811
Killing is unnecessary, just express rage to inform Banrise true gundam fans will not tolerate garbage like IBO.
>>
>>15386073
No that is still dumb that he just magically makes it better. The problem with IBO is everything just went to shit from one group bulldozing the other and then an oddly positive ending

>McGillis kills Rustal
>Ghorn starts dividing into various fractions with Gali and McGillis being the main rival ones
>Big war now, tekkadan caught in the middle of it and struggle
>Mika, Gali and McGillis take each other out and the animation is good
>Tekkadan use this opportunity to disband and shrink away or gain some more power though I dislike that option
>Time skip
>earth and mars are now democracies split into smaller groups
>things are peaceful but not perfect
>>
>>15385897

>Petty revenge fantasies

What?
>>
So anyone have the appearance of everyone in the epilogue?
>>
>>15386084
Just makes me mad
>>
Y'all noticed Bael has been patched up and put back into storage. Plus we STILL don't the know deal about the missing gundam from the hangar scene (aka chinese gundam). Considering how important Gundam frames are, salvaging the frame of Gusion and Barbatos seem possible.
>>
>>15385798
Honestly, it's probably more of "Rustal takes credit for all Tekkadan and McGillis were trying to do to Gjallahorn since no one dares say otherwise"
>>
>>15386041
Rustal already made it clear that he was fighting a war of annihilation, there was no turning back from that.
>>
>>15386093
>岡田 麿里
Mari Okada
>ほとんど生き残れないですからね(笑)。これをどうやってアニメにするんだろうと思いましたけど、監督が
構成をやってくださるということなので、僕はそれに合わせて穴を埋めていければいいかなと思って。
Really, there's almost no survivors (*laughs*). I wondered how we would make that into an anime, but the director is doing the composition, so I think all I need to do is go along with him and fill in any holes.
>>
File: almeria.gif (8KB, 300x259px) Image search: [Google]
almeria.gif
8KB, 300x259px
>>15386104
You can't fuck a province anon.

>Ride making that pose and inhaling like that was kinda hot.
The idiot got it all wrong. He thought Mika was smelling the gun, when it was Atra's bracelet.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-04-02-13h57m16s014.png (956KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-04-02-13h57m16s014.png
956KB, 1280x738px
>>15386125
What missing Gundam?

>Haro confirmed for Orphans
>>
>>15386125
>Plus we STILL don't the know deal about the missing gundam from the hangar scene (aka chinese gundam).

Manga/Novel sidestory material.
>>
They managed to pull off a perfect ending.

GG Okada
>>
>>15386132

Gun > Altra
>>
File: 1489914961200.jpg (1MB, 1736x1172px) Image search: [Google]
1489914961200.jpg
1MB, 1736x1172px
I challenge anyone to explain to me what Rustals motivation in S2 was.
>>
>>15386151
Look like the good guy in the end.
>>
>>15386151
Keep power through any means. Keep good public figure.
Besides, update your list, Iok's dead
>>
Tekkadan really are the biggest issue with S2

They are such a tiny element of the overall story yet given such a big position in the story. A tiny merch group is seen as so important in a civil war between a huge army, relatively they are irrelevant and maybe should get one episode.

Now that could work if the show didn't focus on the infighting, instead it was the struggles of trying to live in such a world and explore the characters there in but it doesn't. The show focuses on the Ghorn issues yet has to constantly shoehorn in Tekkadan and especially Mika who doesn't give a shit about anything outside his family. It makes the show feel at odds with itself
>>
>>15386151
Stopping McGillis.
>>
>>15386139
>The answer to the conflict in the story is don't rock the boat, just become a salaryman in the system

That's the most fucking Japanese answer around.
>>
>>15386144

It looked pretty fucked up entangled with Kimaris, but the last hangar scene showed it to have been repaired some prior to being put in the shrine hangar.
>>
>>15386151
McGillis wanted to get rid of the Seven Stars ruling system and stop them from having underground connections to criminals and mafia.

Rustal LOVES murder, dealing in crime and being corrupt.
>>
>>15386176
At least based Ride did the right thing.
>>
>>15386176
The actual answer is "don't be a faggot and change things from the inside", which is what Gaelio thought he and McGillis were doing.
>>
>>15386151
Do whatever puts him in the best possible position at the time. I feel he'd work better as a character if he didn't that speech berating McGillis for neglecting Gjallahorn's history, because the ending makes clear Rustal's personal political ideology is pure self-promotion. It's actually quite unique for a Gundam character.
>>
>>15386139

2 open hangars in the seven stars chamber, one was for kimaris, one was for the chinese dude's family. We were told to notice that by the mecha designer on twitter. Nothing came of it seems...
>>
>>15386176
>That's the most fucking Japanese answer around.
Meanwhile I started playing Persona 5 which has the plot of "Old people suck let's use magic to get them to fess up to how awful they are to the point they just give up on life" and in general is anti-establishment as fuck.

And in the wake of IBO I can't help but wonder if Nip parents made a fuss about it?
>>
>>15386176
>>15386200
But the change only happens because there was fighting and certain groups died

So the answer is do war but also be so clever that you can get what you want in a roundabout fashion but that pedo also gets away with war crimes
>>
>>15386111

Ride had his revenge. Nobliss is dead, done and dusted.
>>
>>15386157
>>15386187
>>15386203

>Do whatever puts him in the best possible position at the time.
>Rustal LOVES murder, dealing in crime and being corrupt.
>Keep power through any means

Then why risk a democratic election and not just take over Gjalahorn, he had the only fighting force left in the system.
>>
>>15386209
>Old people suck let's use magic to get them to fess up to how awful they are to the point they just give up on life
I didn't know Tomino wrote it
>>
>>15385897

I dunno, CCA?

And trying to be anti-war when the central premise is giant robots kicking the shit out of each other is hopelessly self-defeating.
>>
>>15386220

Because he didn't have to. He is literally Hero of Heroes in that universe by the end of the show.
>>
>>15386220
>Then why risk a democratic election
Is it a risk when he's the world's most beloved icon?
>>
>>15386151

Maintaining order. There was the potential for more chaos if other upstarts caught on to how close McGillis and Tekkadan were to defeating him. So he shifted the political landscape to get rid of the human debris and implemented some democracy in Gjallarhorn's rulings.

I'd have personally liked an epilogue where Rustal tightened his grip on Mars & Earth and inevitably caused a more organized,focused and competent group than McGillis and Tekkadan rise up against Gjallarhorn.
>>
>>15386213
Why wouldn't he seek revenge on Rustal
>>
Gjallarhorn is the Earth Federation, Rustal is Bright Noah.

I thought /m/ is a mostly Feddie safespace, you wouldn't want the side enforcing the justice and peace of the status quo to lose, would you?
>>
>>15386220
>risk a democratic election
The change in government had to happen, after all the shit inside GH had been aired for everyone to see. But notice how Rustal happened to be elected the first president. Yeah, such a risk.
>>
>>15386229

Because Rustal didn't kill his boss, if Ride's dialogue didn't make that clear enough.
>>
File: bbrTNQ6.jpg (130KB, 1200x925px) Image search: [Google]
bbrTNQ6.jpg
130KB, 1200x925px
>>15386220
>This blonde fuck tried taking over the earth sphere through power/a fancy gundam, and people didn't really seem to like that all that much since I tried to present him as a spoiled child with a Agnika complex
>I should try to do the same thing he just did now that I'm the top fighting force on two planets

Yeah that sounds real smart.
>>
More interesting characters died to protect Ride and he used all these second chances at life to become a gorilla warfare murderer.

Ride was a mistake.
>>
>>15386220
>Then why risk a democratic election and not just take over Gjalahorn, he had the only fighting force left in the system

Who is even going to oppose him?

He's a hero to the uninformed masses and anyone that knows with him watched him massacre his enemies with Dainsleafs and an Alana Vjynana supersoldier in an upgraded Calamity War Gundam.
>>
>>15386238
>had been aired
It didn't, Nobliss has magic media control powers

Don't pretend this is anything but lazy writing
>>
>>15386220
Most like real democracy those in power know they will always be in power so it's easier to keep the plebs dancing to their tune while thinking they're in control.
>>
>>15386151

Rustal = USA
McGillis = Germany
Tekkadan = Japan
Dainsleif = Nuke

It's not that fucking hard to interpret this once you put it in context, use your brain anon
>>
>>15386250
The shit about Gjallahorn, not Rustal going full Dainsleif on tekkadan. The stuff about McGillis going on about reforms and shit showed that the 7 stars system was flawed to the public.
>>
File: 1459733648106.jpg (334KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1459733648106.jpg
334KB, 1280x720px
>>15386131
>so I think all I need to do is go along with him and fill in any holes.
kek
>>
>>15386264
2deep4me.
>>
Rustal pretty much saved the show for me.

McGillis was revealed to be the dark chuuni of fairytales and just got rocked by humiliation after humiliation for five weeks straight. Tekkadan has always been a bunch of shitters who just muscled their way through.

Then comes the hero of our story, Rustal Elion, who discredits his enemies until they no longer have a single friend, deprives them of their resources, then orders full scale orbital bombardments with massed railguns and doesn't stop until they're all broken to the last man. And then with no one to oppose him, he becomes a benevolent dictator, gives Mars democracy because he knows it's just too much for one man to rule, and is content to hand over the reins to a worthy successor when the time comes.

Goddamn this is the best villain the franchise has ever had, and he deserved to win it.
>>
>>15386243
>to become a gorilla warfare murderer.
>a mistake

Ride is going to gun down Juliette, Gaelio and Rustal and salvage IBO.
>>
>>15386276
I know, right? Completely agree with every word.
>>
>>15386250
I wasn't talking about the dainsleifs, or turning Tekkadan into an scapegoat. The military force that ruled the entire solar system just had a televised civil war. Things had to change even if Rustal didn't like it.
>>
>no newtype magical understanding at the end

thank goodness

this show is 10/10 just for that alone.
>>
>>15386160
That was why I liked S1. Tekkadan had one mission, get somebody to Earth. They didn't really understand or get involved in all the political power struggles going on around them. It was just a bunch of kids struggling to survive on their own and barely managing to succeed through ingenuity and raw talent. People say "nothing happened" because they didn't defeat the government and free Mars or something, of course they didn't, that was never the point.
>>
>>15386081
I actually love CCA, but this was so on point it hurt a little
>>
>>15386276
but he's grooming a monkey as his replacement
>>
File: 1411984612736.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1411984612736.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>15386276
>literally just spams the plot-progresion weapon the entire time while everyone else is acting like a retard

If Tekkadan had broken the Graze encirclement the first time they showed up (which would have been an easy task) his whole plan falls apart
>>
>>15385578
At least in IBO Orga met with his eventual end for being a dumbass that fucked everything up, unlike M3's protag who kept fucking everything up by trying to be the hero and then just saved the day anyway.
>>
File: Todo.jpg (533KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Todo.jpg
533KB, 1920x1080px
>>15386276

Ehh, i'll take it.
>>
>>15386288
>The military force that ruled the entire solar system just had a televised civil war.

But that's wrong, nobody saw what happened because of Nobliss magical TV powers

Take your theory and flush it down the toilet
>>
>>15386302

He still won, get rekt.
>>
>>15386289
A second rate peace princess like Kudelia swooping in from the background to salvage Takeadump from its final humiliation only to magically make the world a better place is just as bad.
>>
What's the best part of the IBO journey for you?
>>
>>15386306
>yfw Choco left him "Montag"
>yfw Hitler not only lives, but lives an extremely comfortable life as the President of the Solar System's most successful cargo group
>>
>>15385321

Nothing. It's not exactly smart but it's enjoyable. It was very predictable however (most of the deaths had a abnormally large death flag) and still a lot of smartass didn't understood what they were going for. It's certainly not a deconstruction, for example with Orga they just adapted the typical gangster movie with a mobster becoming a boss and then losing everything. It's a bit messy in the delivery of the concept of a world with no good guys and they ended up repeating it too much for my taste. Still someone didn't get even that calling the antagonists evilz and such.
>>
>>15386071
Especially the MILF version.
>>
>>15386139
>those proportions

He's the monkey titan right?
>>
>>15386315

Eugene surviving it.
>>
>>15386315
Iok getting crushed
>>
>>15385742

Your fanboy tears are delicious.
>>
>>15386315
Iok dying and MILF Atra
>>
>>15386315

Tekkadan losing.
>>
I think I would've been a lot more content with the ending if Mika could have just killed Julietta before he died. I know that this is pretty far from "good guys and bad guys", but seeing the Gundam not being able to get the last kill was horrible.
>>
Reminder that you were all warned Nagai and Okada were hacks.
>>
Did Almiria become a child prostitute? Did she kill herself? What the crap happened with that little shit?
>>
>>15386315
Guts going nuclear on Iok, the mobile armor fight and wrecked Barbatos destroying everything.
>>
>>15386356

Probably Gaelio and/or her dad used their influence to get her off with no punishment and she's gone into seclusion/is being held under house arrest for her own protection or some shit. Or she an hero'd offscreen.
>>
File: Julieta epilogue.png (2MB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
Julieta epilogue.png
2MB, 1280x721px
>when some of the fandom wants you dead for no reason
>>
File: t0omx044mEB71ufnvg6o3_1280.png (416KB, 886x974px) Image search: [Google]
t0omx044mEB71ufnvg6o3_1280.png
416KB, 886x974px
>>15385998
Obviously, they're sharing the same wardrobe now.

Vidar x Monkey BEST END
>>
>>15386366
Why was Gali in a wheelchair?
>>
>>15386368
That looks like a very comfy pillow.
>>
>>15386369

You can see bandages around his neck. They removed the Alaya-Vijnana interface now that McGillis is dead, fucking up his spinal nerves like so many others.
>>
>>15385534
>No beamspam.
Because that's sooo much worse than the +infinity mace of kill everything
>>
>>15385570
that was the cherry on the top of this whole anticlimactic mess
>>
>>15386374
So he ended up a cripple because of vanity???

Wat?
>>
>>15386374
>They removed the Alaya-Vijnana interface

Why? He had a version of it that has no drawbacks whatsoever, it isn't even visually disgusting because it's just a neck port.
>>
>>15385570

Julietta is noble, she had to do it to restore peace and order, even if it was ruthless.
>>
>>15386366
>no reason

She's boring, she never gets excited about anything, never smiles. All of her interactions with other characters gave off an irritating "you're beneath me" feel. She's ugly. Her MS isn't that great, and it has a crap color scheme. She eats bugs. Worst of all, she was literally stabbed directly in the cockpit, but survives.

Fucking horrible character.
>>
>>15386315
Mobile Armour.
>>
File: 1491142105910.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491142105910.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
>Rustal-sama why didn't we just do this earlier?
>We aren't gonna use our best weapons whenever there is an issue
>Okay but pretty early on they killed multiple men and later even aided a revolt, surely by then we should have used them
>But then everyone would see us doing a war crime
>We constantly do war crimes, we even set up that revolt I just mentioned
>It is an expensive plan
>We own everything everywhere and hold all the special technology no one is allowed. Plus it is cheaper than letting that small child destroy 1,000s of our other weapons
>No, we can never achieve my democracy that way
>wait what?
>>
>>15386384
I guess he was just recovering from surgery, not a cripple.
>>
>>15386385
But that doesn't make sense, she did it to affirm Rustal's authority but then in the same breath Rustal gives up his authority and holds an election.
>>
Gundam needs beams again
>>
>>15385786
This is the thing about /m/ their only reference for anything is just the other shit they watch.. you couldn't even go outside the franchise to reference a scarf and blue blazer look.. you're fucking pathetic
>>
>>15386366
Who's that long-haired young man?
>>
>>15386384
Maybe with his revenge fulfilled he decided it best to let Ein rest in peace, which would require retiring the Type-E system as he and others seemed to consider it at least kind-of sentient?

So if he's never going to make use of the Type-E again, why bother keeping the neck ports?
>>
File: 1465848353156.jpg (51KB, 568x562px) Image search: [Google]
1465848353156.jpg
51KB, 568x562px
>realize that with Rustal wining you just undermined the entire struggle of your MC
>attempt to fix it in an epilogue
>the fix makes the whole show even more pointless

Bravo Okada
>>
Why exactly did Rustal start the huge war at the start of S2 again?

It was to get Macky involved and kill him, right? I don't really remember.
>>
>>15385989
Lmmmaooo
>>
>>15386412
Maybe that was her plan all along?
>>
>>15386411
>why bother keeping the neck ports?

So you can walk?
>>
>>15386369

Final version of Kimaris
>>
>>15386411

He could still use the regular AV with the neck ports... I mean why get rid of them? It could come in handy in the future, and there's no downside.
>>
>>15386412
>They all essentially died for nothing
Bravo Okada.
>>
>>15385541
>I told you guys Okada is shit, and you didn't believe me.

Can we stop with the bad Seed and Seed Destiny memes now ? IBO is on a stupid level all by itself. It's going to take some really fucking hard work to come up with a shittier series than IBO for the forseable future.
>>
>>15386437

How is "Okada is shit" a SEED meme? I'm having a hard time processing what a stupid thing you just said.
>>
>>15386425
He was walking just fine in ep49
>>
Considering what became of Ride in the end, can we now associate this theme with him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOkWvUWxl7Q
>>
>>15385351
Rustal only made use of them in situations where he had an overwhelming advantage. Situations where he could dictate the post narrative.
>>
>>15386435

Worse, their entire story just made Rustal even more powerful.
>>
>>15386386

Her only interactions are with Rustal, who she's devoted too, Gaelio and their interaction is some 20 episode long ship teasing, and Iok who she's annoyed with because Iok is an annoying guy.

She wasn't stabbed directly in the cockpit, Mika hit beneath the cockpit and the Reginlaze Julia has thicker or tougher armor than a Graze.
>>
>>15385534
>Better then GBFT
Why is a spinoff a point of comparison -_-
>>
>>15386457
>She wasn't stabbed directly in the cockpit
She also had no helmet and blood leaking everywhere in the vacuum of space. But that never hurt anyone
>>
>>15386489
>no helmet and blood leaking everywhere in the vacuum of space

Clearly she is a distant descendant of Seabook Arno
>>
>>15386500
>Gaelio's going to teach her how to bake bread and put a bun in her oven
>>
>>15386395

rustal doesn't give up authority. He controls the media, so GJ propaganda is still going to affect their democratic system.
>>
>>15386552
>He controls the media
Does he still, now Ride's taken Nobliss out of the picture?
>>
>>15386552
>rustal doesn't give up authority.

By holding elections he did give away his authority, even if the election was just for show.
>>
>>15386200
>The actual answer is "don't be a faggot and change things from the inside", which is what Gaelio thought he and McGillis were doing.

Yeah, Suzaku was very insufferable about pushing that argument way back then, you know?
>>
>>15386209
>anti-establishment as fuck
>Japanese worldviews

It speaks a lot about Japanese being in a privileged, sheltered position that their opinions become like this.
>>
File: 1457900693134.webm (180KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1457900693134.webm
180KB, 640x360px
>>15386315
>>
>>15386356
What was she guilty of besides having been arranged to marry Chocolate Man, anyway? We're talking about a little kid here. Why is everyone bringing up shit like execution and seclusion when the girl is literally 10 years old?

Most likely thing is she's still mourning for her "husbando" who died in space, thus causing her to become estranged from her family more and more, and eventually, she'll turn into the black sheep Gaelio or her father would hesitate in bringing up in conversation.

Add to that the years of therapy she's going to need and you'd probably get another version of Martha Vist Carbine when she's older. At least, that's how I see it.
>>
>>15386588
I want Almiria's Counterattack where she wears his mask and tries to crash Mars into Earth
>>
>>15386315
Midget dying miserably.
>>15386586
Carta too pure for this world.
>>
>>15386603
Macky could have been like a father to me.
>>
>>15386586
Fuck you
>>
>>15386424
Dunno, but maybe you can look at it this way if he really is crippled now; he desecrated Ein after his bisection and death by installing part of him into the "Type-E".

By removing the whisker and finally letting Ein to rest in peace, even if it means losing the ability to walk, maybe he's long since decided it was a fair trade for having used the Type-E. It might not, but Gaelio might hope that with this, Ein may just have forgiven him. Or something like that.
>>
>>15385816
>And they say /m/ is overzealous.
current /m/ is full of fujos and normalfags, they've a hate boner for Mecha and action character
>>
File: 1488842862564.png (17KB, 245x192px) Image search: [Google]
1488842862564.png
17KB, 245x192px
>those techno demon noises Barbatos made when it wrecked shit
>that INCOM blade funnel killing niggas left and right
>Akihiro crushing Iok the Greats cockpit
>my nigga Chad surviving
>Nobliss getting his just desserts
>MILF Atra
>Long-haired Julietta
I liked it I guess, and overall I consider the series to at least be inoffensive.
>>
>>15386588

She wont have the same political and financial leverage and connections Martha Vist had. She is 10 or some shit, she will forget about McGillis and move on with her life. It was inconsequential enough for the writers to ignore her in the epilogue.

There's probably no reason for Ride or anyone else to go after Rustal anymore.
>>
>>15385557
>Plus they had the balls to kill off the main Gundam's pilot. That's the only thing I'll respect the series for.
Won't lie, I was hoping they did, but expected they didn't have the balls to.

Welp, here we are, I guess.
>>
Mika and Akihiro standing stationary while watching the Gjallarhorn mechs retreat was so retarded, especially considering they have combat experience with Dainsleifs already.

Also, you'd think it was hard to aim one of those from orbit with that level of precision, considering it's practically a spear and not a warhead. At least if they entered atmosphere and fired from some type of aircraft I could suspend my disbelief.

That's my biggest gripe with this finale.
>>
岡田 例えば、長井監督ってキャラクターを成長させるのがあんまり好きじゃないんです。わかりやすい成長を見せたがらないタイプで。
長井 急に「成長」とか言われると、「なんでだよ」ってちょっと引いちゃう部分があるんです。
http://natalie.mu/comic/pp/g-tekketsu/page/2
>>
>>15386691
>my nigga Chad surviving
Holy shit this, and by extension Dante and Derma. Team Landman Rodi making it was a miracle. Niggas did work in S2.
>>
>tfw Iok would've lived if he just didn't announce his name in front of Akihiro
>>
>>15386934
I already forgot why guts was so mad at him.
>>
>>15386944
Iok was the one who caused the Turbines to get their shit slapped and indirectly got Lafter killed via Jasley's goons.
>>
>>15386374
If there was still bandages around his neck he was probably just recovering otherwise there would be no point in removing it.
>>
>>15386958
I'd say Jasley was using Iok not the other way around.
>>
File: large[1].jpg (51KB, 440x642px) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
51KB, 440x642px
>Valhalla feels great, good luck with your boring lives, losers!
>>
>>15386315
Macky's downfall.
>>
>>15385665
>FUCKING ALIENS
Didn't appear till the movie and it still worked well with its themes
>>
>>15387306
Don't bother, ten years on and these retards are STILL screaming that the aliens came out of nowhere even when the very first episode of S1 had Eolia saying that mankind would have to be united in order for dialogue to be carried out with another party. What the fuck did they think that other party would be?
>>
>>15386233
Gjallajorn are Titans. Rustal is a succesful Jamitov. McGillis is a Jerid. I'm not even a Feddie, but Feddies are as bad as them
>>
From 2ch:

岡田「ふぅ…」

コンコン

「鉄血のオルフェンズを覚えていますか?」

岡田「あ?なんだそれは?」

バァン!

>Okada: "Phew..."
>(Knocking)
>"Do you remember Iron-Blooded Orphans?"
>Okada: "Huh? What the hell is that?"
>BANG
>>
File: this pleases Gym.jpg (167KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
this pleases Gym.jpg
167KB, 1440x1080px
>>15387414
>>
File: 1377071821495.jpg (39KB, 375x282px) Image search: [Google]
1377071821495.jpg
39KB, 375x282px
>>15387414
That made me giggle like an idiot.
>>
>>15387414
Why is their humor so cringe?
>>
>>15387563
2ch is still a super secret nerd club. They're like 2007 4chan.
>>
>>15387592
Really gotta learn japanese desu
>>
>>15386315
/m/'s constant whining and misunderstanding of it. Seriously hope they get Okada back for the next series just to see /m/ bitch some more.
>>
What happened to Macky's loli wife?
>>
>>15387563
We're not so different.
>>
File: based rustel sama.jpg (247KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
based rustel sama.jpg
247KB, 1024x1024px
>>15385321
>>
Was this ending the great April Fools prank of all time?
>>
>>15386316
Best timeline for Hitler IMO
Thread posts: 381
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.