[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /m/ think of ambassador magma?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (55KB, 350x514px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 350x514px
What does /m/ think of ambassador magma?
>>
File: f6.jpg (58KB, 400x616px) Image search: [Google]
f6.jpg
58KB, 400x616px
>>15384672
He stole F6's hairstyle and antennae!
>>
Does the shota get shirtless?
>>
>>15384672
I tried reading the manga and I didn't get very far in it. It rubbed me in the wrong way and the story wasn't very interesting or good. I'm sure the anime improves on it though like other Tezuka adaptions.
>>
I hear the anime is alright but the OP is ON POINT

https://youtu.be/fB1iKqk-_vc
>>
>>15384730
It does not, it's pretty boring.
>>
>>15384730
>>15384990
Besides, the toku (SPACE GIANTS) is where it's at.
>>
I liked the Space Giants adaption of the Magma toku. I've seen versions that stick the dropped footage back in with raw moonspeak. Been meaning to try the longer versions but I haven't looked into it too much.

I have lds of the anime from the days of five dollar discs as the medium died. Never watched it. I wonder which came first between that and the Giant Robo ova. They both have that pattern of comic into a toku series then a ova years later.
>>
>>15386494
It seems that Magma's OVA came out a year after the first GR episode.
>>
>>15384684
Checkmate, black magic ripped off magma
>>
The opening song-sequence is the best part of the anime. The rest is pretty bad.
>>
>>15386494
>>15386504
Under a much smaller budget, though. But they brought then same guy back to voice Goa. Besides, the Giant Robo OVA took anything from the toku at all? The 2006 anime did.
>>
>>15387925
what's wrong with the rest of it?
>>
Wasn't there a crazy guy who thought he owned the rights to the toku?
>>
>>15384833
That's a fucking great OP, shame it's far better than anything in the actual show.
>>
File: 002_2015090321495233c.jpg (283KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
002_2015090321495233c.jpg
283KB, 960x1280px
Was looking up more of Magma and found that Kawamori did his take on him and I'm not gonna lie I kinda like this more than the original
>>
>>15389318
>Besides, the Giant Robo OVA took anything from the toku at all?

I thought Daisaku being a young kid was taken from the tokusatsu and that the character was older in the original manga.
>>
File: giantrobo-daisakus.jpg (40KB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
giantrobo-daisakus.jpg
40KB, 300x226px
>>15391401
Well, the Daisaku from the first episode of the toku is just the same as Shotaro Kaneda. It was put into production before the manga even started. Hirayama didn't know what Yokoyama was planning for the manga, he just saw the design and wanted to make a show out of it. Afterwards, the show had more Ultraman influences than anything else.
>>
I liked the manga a lot.
>>
>>15391401
>>15391779
Plus the unicorn emblem on Robo is a clear reference to the organisation of the same name (Unicorn), from the toku show.
>>
>>15391883
is it scanlated?
>>
>>15394781
Yes.
>>
Honestly, I couldn't even finish the manga. I don't think I liked it much.
>>
>>
>>15393369
I thought they were Unicorn in the comics, too?
>>
>>15394946
Where?
>>
>>15396867
It just seems to be an international police organisation with no noteworthy name in the original manga (although the toku GR DID have a manga tie-in).
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.