[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam Reconguista in G

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: 1477869519352.jpg (480KB, 1090x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1477869519352.jpg
480KB, 1090x1536px
Why is it so good?
>>
>>15381096
It made a lot of retards angry
>>
>>15381096
Because nobody 'got it' :)
>>
>God-tier animation
>Amazing score
>Endlessly quotable
>Great mecha and character designs
>Entertaining and lively characters
>Fun Battles
G-Reco is truly the culmination of the Post-UC Gundam. Too bad it has pacing issues, limiting its appreciation.
>>
File: 20071010175405-25222.jpg (110KB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
20071010175405-25222.jpg
110KB, 400x268px
>>15381096
kek
>>
>>15381096
>Why is it so good?

Detailed world building, nice background art, easy nice going characters, varied mobile suit designs. Ok the story is a bit of a mess mostly for the poor pacing and could have been cured with a couple of more episodes. But in the grand scheme of Gundam things G-Reco stands proud and tall.
>>
>>15381096
Klim Nick and Mick Jack are the best battle couple.
>>
>>15381096
>Avant-garde narrative made for true patricians.
>Old school composition.
>Top tier animation quality.
>Sick attention for detail. A lot of things are happening in almost every frame.
>Great variety of characters.
>One of the mos detalied universes ever made made in any Gundam.
>A soundtrack without any fissure.
>>
>>15381228
>Klim Nick and Mick Jack are the best battle couple

Best couple of names.
Mick Jagger should sue Tomino though.
>>
>>15381096
Old directors like Tomino have enough clout they can tell the story they want to rather than the one most marketable. That kind of power can lead to problems which Greco isn't free of but no part of greco feels like it was put in to appeal to X or whatever.

This is why a lot of elements work so strongly together, it is something similar I noticed in Nier Automata where the majority of pieces are adding something to the themes or narrative. Arguably a bit more fluff would not be a bad thing but I like that it didn't, greco gives a lot of info but it all plays into the same theme of thinking for yourself. Which is an important message especially aimed at the young, while history is important you can't judge everything and everyone through that lense especially one bias to your culture.

And there is enough there to have interpretation of how these themes play out. A lot of other shows will just shotgun different ideas to make someone look deep, you see a lot of people argue something about a character and all there is to it is one line from a pretty nothing scene. Greco builds up similar ideas and examines those from how they interact with them in different scenarios. I wouldn't have minded more time on certain areas but for a 26 episode show it does more than most.

This means you get a very realised world and characters which leads to actual depth rather than a forced message. What Greco doesn't isn't revolutionary but it also shows how low the standard if for a lot of shows.
>>
>>15381096
colorful and not pretentious

thats it

that just it
>>
>>15381096
10/10
>>
>>15381453
It's really kinda interesting the contrast between G-Reco and IBO. On the one hand, G-Reco encourages it's audience to see the world for themselves, listen to what people have to say and decide on what they believe is right for themselves rather than just following others. It's a very empowering message.

IBO is the the opposite. After season one ended, the director said in an interview that while he believed Tekkadan weren't going down the right path, it was important for the audience not to think of them as wrong or misguided. So, you have a road to hell story for it's protagonists with a narrative that actively works on getting the audience to side with them. A lot of people don't appear to get this, and are upset now because of how the final stretch of the story has played out. They feel like the story is preaching to not even fight the status quo because it will stomp you, rather than realize they've been drinking the same kool-aid Tekkadan has.
>>
File: 20161228_001739.jpg (760KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20161228_001739.jpg
760KB, 2048x1152px
G-Reco is the best Gundam series ever made.
>>
復号化されたセーブデータを選択して下さい。
>>
>>15381096
It was normie repellent.
>>
i found the MC extremely annoying maybe i should try it again
>>
File: funbolt G Reco 2.jpg (66KB, 600x653px) Image search: [Google]
funbolt G Reco 2.jpg
66KB, 600x653px
Why was G Reco so cheap-looking though.
>>
File: 1310492583414.jpg (239KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1310492583414.jpg
239KB, 500x750px
>>15381096
April Fools is over already you know
>>
>>15384914
>03/31/17
>>
>>15381330
>Avant-garde narrative means that its good
I guess The Human Centipede and Vase de Noces were also good in your eyes
>>
File: Untitled.png (48KB, 534x343px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
48KB, 534x343px
>>15384924
you too
>>
Because Raraiya was absolutely fucking ADORABLE.
But then Tomino fixed her brain damage and I dropped the show.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.