[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gritty Masked Rider Reboot ideas thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

>TJ Roberts screams "EUAAAGH!" into a microphone for two hours
>Bob Odenkirk is King Lexian
>Steve Carrell is Count Dregon
>Dregon is also Masked Rider Amazon
>Ferbus is voiced by Andy Samberg
>All the high school scenes are 200 times angstier
>Albee has autism
>Molly is bi-sexual
>Robo Rider is an ACTUAL, NON-SENTIENT ROBOT
>The villains are trying to awaken Destructosphere, who's based on a KAMEN RIDER ZO VILLAIN
>The entire film is just a Starbucks commercial
>>
>>15380399
Dex, Ferbus and Count Dregon are literally the only names I remember from that show. I have no idea who all these others are supposed to be.
>>
>>15380415
According to the Wiki, King Lexian is Dex's grandfather, and Albee and Molly are Dex's adoptive brother and sister, respectively. Robo Rider is Shadow Moon, and Destructosphere is Doras from Kamen Rider ZO.
>>
File: 1483888152002.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483888152002.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
>>15380433
>Doras was the first fight in Masked Rider
>ZO was in plain sight
Masked Rider is a fascinating mess.
>>
File: riddon.jpg (35KB, 586x480px) Image search: [Google]
riddon.jpg
35KB, 586x480px
>>15380399
I bet Magno and Combat Chopper will be all cgi crap now!! Wait... wait a minute...
>>
File: 1490540041671.jpg (309KB, 1280x1336px) Image search: [Google]
1490540041671.jpg
309KB, 1280x1336px
>Masked Rider
>Will retract the mask various times through out the action scenes.
>>
>>15380399
I'm currently, slowly, grudgingly, making my way through Masked Rider. How I wish I could just watch a gritty starbucks commercial

>>15380487
When I got to the episode with the spider lady from ZO I thought I was toking on something. I haven't actually seen ZO yet so I had fuckall idea what was going on. The fact that Masked Rider was made like it was is just confusing on so many levels.
>>
OP here. Yeah, this is why I haven't gotten around to watching Masked Rider yet.

Then there's also the fact that I haven't watched Black RX, ZO, or J (Hey, Masked Rider being what it is I at least want to know the original context), but I'm gonna start Black after I finish the Den-O movies (So, Final Countdown, those crappy Cho Den-O movies, and the OOO crossover movie).

Also, the post credits scene would be a cameo of the Rangers because all shared universes need post-credits cameos from their other movies.
>>
Thing is, cause these are modern Hollywood remakes it would have too be put into a cinematic universe

>Kingstones are the predecessors to power coins
>Shadowmoon is created by the machine empire which is why his design is robotic
>Shocker and the Japanese kamen riders are explained as an attempt to reverse-engineer the kingstones for use with man-made morphing technology
>>
>>15380399
GET
>>
>>15380607
>>15384094
I am one of the few that was unfortunate to grow up watching masked rider. Don't watch it. It's seriously not worth it and very painful to sit through.
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 620x415px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 620x415px
>its not a cheesy toy-commercial for 6 y/o, therefore it must mean its gritty
>>
>>15386265
>>15386265
Nah, I think it can pretty fun to watch at least a few episodes for just how bad the editing was. Especially Shadow Moon attacking the school. They jump through the roof and suddenly they're in one of those Toei rock formations you would never found anywhere close to typical american high school. Or when Kotaro was in the amusement park in Black RX and when they cut to Dex, they just put some red flags in the background to make it looks like it's the same place, when it's so obvious it's not.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.