[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metal Gear thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

File: tmp_4855-Metal_Gear_D-70337588.jpg (51KB, 567x768px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_4855-Metal_Gear_D-70337588.jpg
51KB, 567x768px
Post your favorite designs
I love Ocelot, he's cool as fuck but his Character Arc over the course of the games makes no sense at all, in both the prequels and sequels. He only seems to have a real Goal in 4. Did he ever know who his Mother really was? Did Big Boss ever know they were essentially brothers?
>>
File: tmp_4855-DSCN4718.JPG-1256613503.jpg (104KB, 950x1600px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_4855-DSCN4718.JPG-1256613503.jpg
104KB, 950x1600px
The OG
>>
>>15376863
Kojima just retroactively gave him an overarching goal in MGS4 which then made him the biggest fucking legend of the entire series, whether Kojima meant to or not. Of all the characters who could have used more attentions in the prequel it was Ocelot, I never could get into the PW crew Kojima pushed after MGS4.
>>
>>15377188
I don't get how he's like "Yo BB, ykno that guy you fucking hate and commit Treason to fight against? Yeah he came up with this dope plan to use this whole hospital as meatshields and force this poor sap to live the rough life you choose so you can hide from... Himself"
And Boss is like "Yeah sounds cool that makes total sense"
And then Ocelot spends the entire rest of the game being the 'voice of reason' while Master Miller gets all the Ocelot-esque lines
Why does he just fuck off in the 90s if he's so invested in Naked Snake? Only to come back to vouch for that little shit Eli and join American Special Forces once Naked and Venom are both out of action? Imagine what Miller was thinking.
You really should play MGSV though because the gameplay is simply godly and I honestly like the whole "Venom is the player" deal
>>
>>15376863
I hate how the series shits on Hal by showing that Rex already existed long before Shadow Moses.
>>
>>15378302
Yeah I mean if they'd done anything other than give it Rex's head it could've passed off as a 80s prototype focused on being Fuckhuge and clunky because 80s. How can we go straight from the MGSV MG to this >>15377110
>>
File: 1454046657148.jpg (27KB, 381x190px) Image search: [Google]
1454046657148.jpg
27KB, 381x190px
>>15379466
in fairness, Sahelanthropus is a fuckin hideous mess. So let's just say Hal is a man of discerning taste as well as genius, and he favored a more realistic and reliable approach to making a Metal Gear.

Seriously though, what the hell. Bipedal mechs in MGS were always hunched or had digitigrade limbs for that semi-realistic 'feel', yknow? Making a fully humanoid mech that big in that series was just fucking outrageous, particularly because of the time period.
>>
>>15382183
holy fuck? seriously? you talking about anacronisms at this point? just look at the shit they have in the c130 that is supposed to fulton out naked snake in mgs3, that was almos 80s tech 20 years beforehand, and also sahelantropus only worked because of magic, so it kinda moots itself out .
our only true savior is rex
>>
>>15382230
The Fulton recovery system wasn't 80s tech. The program had its roots in the late fifties and was fitted to C-130s in the mid 60s. I mean the series is full of anachronisms but a Fulton recovery in the 1960s isn't really one of them.
>>
>>15382183
May I remind you that Rex was actually designed in the FUCKING SIXTIES and that until Otacon, one simply bothered to realize that particular design.

Ever wondered why Zeke is so goddamn agile when compared to Rex?
It's because it's an upgrade to Rex, Huey received the original plans for Rex from Granin, and over the course of the decade greatly improved on them.

And then, over the course of the following decade he went balls to the wall and designed Sally, which is the pinnacle of of purely mechanic mecha in the series - the next actual breakthrough, Ray - uses synthetic muscle instead of hydraulics.

Considering that it doesn't just break down fall apart when it Mantis moves it and does it's sick jumps - the design is sound. It just lacks the processing power necessary to calculate the minute adjustments to keep it stable and upright.
According to Huey the necessary computer equipment just refuses to fit inside the chassis, but he still managed to shrink it by a factor of 10 since the project started - give it two more good die shrinks and it's a go.

Tl;Dr;
Otacon a hack, he stole the OctoCamo too and Rex is the anachronistic one.
>>
>>15382347
i meant mostly the avionics on board, and radios, advanced space era materials for the sneaking suit , and a long etc
>>
File: MGMkIISnatcher.jpg (28KB, 286x400px) Image search: [Google]
MGMkIISnatcher.jpg
28KB, 286x400px
Metal Gear Mk. II is cute
>>
File: 11C247F33.png (45KB, 599x184px) Image search: [Google]
11C247F33.png
45KB, 599x184px
The Gander from Ghost Babel was pretty sweet.
>>
File: image.png (180KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
180KB, 700x1000px
I WANT TO hold hands with A GEKKO
>>
>>15383025
It doesn't have hands
>>
File: image.jpg (179KB, 1343x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
179KB, 1343x900px
>>15384366
But anon, they have cute little tentacle wires with three fingers.

Please don't bully the gekko about their tiny hands, they get really embarrassed.
>>
>>15382983
Metal Gear D is cooler than any of Huey or Hal's shit anyway, get off my lawn
>>15376863
>>
Oh cool I got my thread back
>have to stand to move again after sitting up during crawl in MGS3, but only sometimes
I don't understand if my controller is fucked or what
>>
I like... Metal...Gear......in the box....
>>
>>15385219
Maybe it's a full-tilt/half-tilt issue. See what happens when you do a "walk" and a "run" from that position.
>>
File: ZEKE.jpg (135KB, 1160x817px) Image search: [Google]
ZEKE.jpg
135KB, 1160x817px
>>15376863
>>15377110
Was it ever explained why the designs from MG1 and 2 looks so much less advanced than older stuff, namely ZEKE and other designs in Peacewalker?

Aside from well it just being retroactively added in?
>>
>>15388516
That shield (dish) makes me think of the Tallgeese and the two that spawned from it.
>>
>>15388516
how the hell did we go from sahelanthropus to tx-55?
>>
>>15388516
>Was it ever explained why the designs from MG1 and 2 looks so much less advanced than older stuff
>Aside from well it just being retroactively added in?
Stupid writing that's all
>>
>>15388779
Huey, for all his cuckery, was a genius.
Madnar was a poor man's substitute when it comes to mecha and the results paled in comparison to the real deal.
>>
>>15388516
I don't think Zeke looks more Advanced than Metal Gear D. The TX is specifically called a protoype for D. It's the Sahawhatever from V that's out of place
>>
>>15377110
Where is that from and where can I get it?
>>
>>15388779
Sahy was a really Pre-Alpha deal, since it needed the psychic kid to move around.
Other than that, I chalk it down to art evolution.
>>
>>15382987
>>15382347
>>15382230
yeah, but all that tech was fairly plausible even then, see. And to boot it's sorta implied that there's technology that's been suppressed from the rest of the world long after its actual development in the world of MGS, and having that be expressed through actual later technologies is better than just fuckoff godzilla-scale biped mechs
>>
>>15388516
>>15393977
ZERRROOOOOOOOO
>>
File: Sentinel-Sahelanthropus-Kojima-2.jpg (141KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Sentinel-Sahelanthropus-Kojima-2.jpg
141KB, 768x1024px
Not even gonna lie: Sally makes no sense in the time line, it's just a MG Rex Transformer, it has a giant head....but I will always fucking love the design regardless.
>>
>>15393141
It's a custom buddy. It's one of the few things that pops up on Google when you search for the TX
>>
>>15394938
Literally all they had to do was not give it that head and it would be fine.
But Nostalgia Nostalgia Nostalgia. As if MGS4 didn't have enough call backs
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.