[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can any other real robot wins against Gunbuster.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: Gunbuster.jpg (110KB, 934x698px) Image search: [Google]
Gunbuster.jpg
110KB, 934x698px
I guess Gunbuster is the most powerful real robot ever made, no?

B4 someone says Turn A gundam, simply it stands no chance vs the Gunbuster. Gunbuster can fight at light speeds, Turn A gundam can't. Case closed.

I would guess only a Super Robot powered by magic like Gurren Lagan can't stand against Gunbuster.

Even an entire Zentradi fleet would be owned by the Gunbuster.
>>
>>15375833
>real robot

It's a super robot you retard.
>>
>>15375840
No it is not.

Gunbuster is a weapon prototype, just like gundam was, then it was mass produced later.

A super robot wouldn't have a military complex behind the production and it would be run by magic.
>>
>>15375852
How is Gunbuster not powered by magic? No energy source could output the amount of power that thing needs for its attacks.

Gundam is called "real" purely due to SRW giving it that title to balance out both sides while also differentiating it from the Super robots that would beat the living shit out of a Gundam. Gundam are super robots just a bit more grounded. You want a real robot you look at something like a scopedog.

Also am I remembering wrong or doesn't srw also list Gunbuster as a super robot?
>>
File: 1312306873928.jpg (2MB, 1429x3247px)
1312306873928.jpg
2MB, 1429x3247px
>>15375852
Gunbuster is a super because
SUUUPAAAAAAAAAA
INAZUMAAAAAAAAAAAAA
KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICKU
>>
How Can Robots Be Real If Anime Isn't Real
>>
Battle Class Macross
>>
>>15375903
Gunbuster vol. 5 is GOAT.
Fight me 6plens.
>>
>>15375882
>How is Gunbuster not powered by magic? No energy source could output the amount of power that thing needs for its attacks.

Maybe you forgot that gunbuster has two black hole engines?
>>
>>15375840

>>15375852

oh my god who cares
>>
>>15377084
And that's not bullshit super science HOW exactly?
>>
>>15377118

It is, like p much everything /m/ related other than patlabor or summat

gundam has autism magic, NGE has a character who gets cloned and comes back with the same memories every time she dies. those aren't super robot shows
>>
>>15377154
Ummmm, Rei loses her memories when she dies dumbass. Did you even watch NGE?
>>
>>15377154
Speaking of Evangelion,I think that any Unit that has an S2 engine would stand a chance against Gunbuster.
>>
>>15375833
Turn A would surround himself with moonlight butterfly then cast it outwards while chasing gaybuster
>>
>>15375907
Go home Kanaya
>>
>>15377217
The only reason an Evangelion with an S2 engine would stand a chance is because of the AT Field bullshit that Evangelions have.
>>
>>15377225

1: Gunbuster combat already happens at speeds where the Turn A is going to be in for some shit to try and keep up. Teleporting is actually supremely unhelpful when your enemy is never going slower than .6 C. You can teleport 'next' to him as much as you want, he would be out of weapons range again basically instantly. Gunbuster fights entire battles at such speeds, which is a major plot point given the effects of relativity.

2: The Buster Beam can carve through enemies that BREED INSIDE SUNS. I'm pretty sure it can penetrate a nebulous cloud of nanomachines to atomize the mobilesuit behind them. Indeed, we have even seen the 'shock' from the beam destroy space monsters just near the beam, so the Turn A might not even survive a miss if it was too close.
>>
>>15377282
Nice headcannon bruh.
>>
File: LED Mirage.gif (197KB, 1018x1000px) Image search: [Google]
LED Mirage.gif
197KB, 1018x1000px
>>15375852
So the LED Mirage is a real by your standards. There's your answer OP.
>>
>>15377430

Most of those weapons either dont work in space or are literally too small to dealing meamingul damage to the Gunbuster, even ignoring shields.

A 180 mm laser is pretty weaksauce again a 250 meter tall target.
>>
>>15377461
I don't think you get the point of his post, he's pointing out the flaw in calling Gunbuster a "real robot" because by that logic several notably super robots are real robots. Gunbuster is not anywhere near what could be classified as a real robot.
>>
>>15377461
>meamingul
>>
>>15377461
>powerlevel faggot can't even understand context of what he's replying to

The autism is real.
>>
>Powerlevelfag thread

Just as bad as the Barbatos vs ____ threads
>>
File: Thrudgelsmirk.jpg (62KB, 365x361px)
Thrudgelsmirk.jpg
62KB, 365x361px
>>15377461
>he doesn't know about Nagano's arrogance
>he doesn't know about the Flame Launcher
You're newfag is showing OP. Way to miss the point, champ.
>>
>>15377523
>Flame Launcher

What about it? It says its use is prohibited so K take it it's broken as fuck?
>>
>>15375833
>I guess Gunbuster is the most powerful real robot ever made, no?

Gunbuster is no real robot.
It's as super as Mazinger/Mazinger Z
>>
>>15377555
>Gunbuster is no real robot. It's as super as Mazinger/Mazinger Z

I meant Mazinger Z / Great Mazinger
>>
>>15375882
>You want a real robot you look at something like a scopedog.

You want a real robot you look at Tactical Armours and their support infrastructure from Gasaraki (minus the aliens)
>>
>>15377553
>being autistic enough to still powerlevelwank when no one gives a flying fuck

kill yourself
>>
>>15375833
>I guess Gunbuster is the most powerful real robot ever made
Your guess is wrong.
The most powerful real robot ever made is Jegan piloted with Katz that achieved Shinka. It literally become a higher than dimensional being with infinity all across its size, stats, atk power, speed, defense, etc.
>>
>>15377553
It is the strongest weapon ever conceived by Nagano that can kill every omnipotent being in every fiction.
Basically, LED Mirage powerlevel is always 100 and everyone that went up against it is 0.
>>
>>15377586
wtf That's so DUMMBBB. Inazuma kick has the power of 1 billions suns exploding.
>>
>>15377571
Fuck off I'm not OP.
>>
>>15375833
Diebuster exist even in-series.
>>
>>15377600
>let me powerlevelwank in peace pls no bully

like he said, kill yourself
>>
>>15377595
>wtf That's so DUMMBBB. Inazuma kick has the power of 1 billions suns exploding

Inazuma kick is jack squat against the GBE a.k.a the Gravitational Beam Emitter portable sidegun.
>>
>>15377620
>Kill yourself because you're discussing things I don't like

Seems like tumblr is trying even harder to fit in than usual!
>>
>>15377642

You're trying way too hard to fit in.
>>
>Gunbuster
>Evangelion
>real robot
lol newfags are always so delusional
>>
>>15377282
This. Gunbuster fights enemies that are born inside the sun. Turn A has no chance.
>>
File: GETTAH TOMAHAWK!.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
GETTAH TOMAHAWK!.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>15375833
Pshh, nothin personal, kiddo
>>
>>15375833

> Gunbuster can fight at lightspeed

It can? I don't recall it ever doing so in the OVA, though I haven't seen it in years.
>>
>>15375833
>Gunbuster
>Real Robot
The only Real Robots in this show were the shitty ones that couldn't accomplish anything.
>>
>>15377080
B-but I like 4.
That part where the Gunbuster takes out. I pee myself out of joy every time I watch it again.
>>
>>15382513
It's my favorite too. But you gotta admit everything before Noriko gets in the Gunbuster is kinda borderline terrible.
>>
File: Grungust Type 0.jpg (43KB, 303x400px) Image search: [Google]
Grungust Type 0.jpg
43KB, 303x400px
>>15375852
So what you're saying is that Grungust is a real robot?
>>
File: 0.jpg (25KB, 480x360px)
0.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>15375852
So by that logic, Getter Dragon is a real robot then.

You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>15375852
>and it would be run by magic.
You don't know anything about super robots and I want you to get off my internet.
>>
>>15379396

At relativistic speed rather than at full lightspeed, since Gunbuster science rules still follow the speed of light for conventional forms of travel (you can't go as fast as light without literally having turned into energy to get there, which is essentially a form of suicide). If you want to go faster than light, you need warp travel or other sidesteps that artificially shorten the distance.

The fight in episode 5 is done at relativistic speeds. Its even a major plot point. The part you might remember is that for the Buster Machines the battle was only a couple hours, but more than half a year went by on Earth before they got back. And they were pretty sure that Coach didn't have that long to live.

The Astronaut's Dilemma is a bitch.
>>
>>15382835

Sure, relativistic I recall, but there's a pretty clear difference between relativistic/appreciable fraction of lightspeed and actual full on lightspeed.
>>
>>15379396
What part you didn't understand when they were trying to escape the explosion so fast that 12000 years passed?
>>
>>15382560

Only the shitty Smith romance, but when I think of Toren living with 10 horny Japanese guys in their closet I think he earned it.
>>
>>15375852
Most mechas are weapon prototypes. Even the likes of Shin Getter and Ideon, they're just designed to tap into an almighty power source.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.