[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Batman Toku?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: words-2.png (2MB, 1608x882px) Image search: [Google]
words-2.png
2MB, 1608x882px
Is Batman Toku?
>>
>>15374399
Everything is toku
>>
By strict definition, yes. So would things like Knight Rider or Airwolf.
>>
>>15374588
And, naturally, Street Hawk - the closest we ever got to an american-made Kamen Rider series. It was pretty good, too, all things considered. Airwolf is probably better, and imo Knight Rider isn't quite as good (though still reasonably entertaining). Then again, if Street Hawk lasted as long as Knight Rider it'd probably get stale too.

I wonder how far one can take the "Is It Toku" thing - like The A-Team, for instance. Sort of a Super Sentai analogue?

Or MacGyver, though I can't think of a traditional toku equivalent.
>>
Can we stop this meme?

Tokusatsu does not mean the same thing in English as it does in Japanese. Yes, in Japan it refers to special effects-driven media in general. We know.

In English, the word has been borrowed to refer to Japanese productions in the tradition of Godzilla, Ultraman, Kamen Rider, and Super Sentai. Period.

If you take the literal Japanese meaning of tokusatsu seriously, then you also need to take the literal meaning of anime. In which case SpongeBob would be anime. But when you do that, the word "anime" ceases to be useful. "Tokusatsu" becomes equally useless once you throw in American shit and Japanese productions outside of the old tokusatsu tradition. Even in fucking Japan the word tokusatsu hasn't been used in such a general way for a long time. It's heavily associated with Ultraman and Kamen Rider style tv shows.

Practical suit effects, stunt work, heroes, monsters, spark effects, henshin mechanics, and above all else, BEING JAPANESE are what make tokusatsu what it is.

Stop. This. Fucking. Meme.

And no, your gook shit or PR is not toku either, but it is a derivative.
>>
>>15374399
Only if Batman comics are manga and Batman: The Animated Series is anime.

And I just know some dimwit is going to reply to me saying 'ackshually they technically are in Japan' like I don't know that.
>>
File: batmanga-1-sfcover.jpg (705KB, 2061x3131px) Image search: [Google]
batmanga-1-sfcover.jpg
705KB, 2061x3131px
>>15375265
AH HELL, I'll be the ackchully meet bagmanga
>>
>>15375255
>>15375265
/thread
>>
>>15375255
>BEING JAPANESE are what make tokusatsu what it is.

Not if it's American toku like Batman.
>>
>>15375593
>>15375593
just stop
>>
>>15375620
I will never stop spreading the truth.
>>
>>15375255

Don't be racist.
>>
>>15375255
>then you also need to take the literal meaning of anime
/a/ and /co/ merger when?
>>
>>15375255
>In English, the word has been borrowed
Let me stop you right there and point out that if you don't refer to yourself as an Otaku you are being a hypocrite. Yes, I know what it really means "but In English, the word has been borrowed..."
Fagit
>>
Let me remind you that this is not a Weeb board and if you think so you should fuck off
It's like the difference between Trekkie's & Trekkers, catch my drift? You feel me?
Batman IS Toku. Cry me a river you lardass basement bears
>>
>>15376954
Maybe so.
But it's still not mecha
>>
>>15377050
All toku is /m/ though.
because shitbrains pissed off the mods with "not mecha" spam.
So thanks alot.
>>
Is Super Sentai live action?
>>
>>15377114
Yes. Despite that anime sequence in Ninninger Returns implying otherwise.
>>
>>15377128
Is gundam comic books?
>>
>>15377145
Only some of the time, the rest it's ANIME JANAI.
>>
File: 1415.jpg (388KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1415.jpg
388KB, 1920x1080px
>>15374399
yeah
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.