[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Jiban props made with some lost technology?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: 220999.jpg (202KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
220999.jpg
202KB, 1200x1600px
This is old and looks fuckton better than anything done by the Japanese recently. How is this possible?
>>
>>15369006
Not as much concern about children inciting violence, so props back then were allowed to look a little more like actual weapons.
>>
>>15369006
Theres also the issue of having a toy counterpart these days. Theres no way they could market toys that looked like that for today's kids.
>>
>>15369006
>How is this possible?
Time lords
>>
File: Jiban 2.jpg (33KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
Jiban 2.jpg
33KB, 580x435px
>>
maybe it had to do with keita amemiya influence in early tokusatsu.
I do love his not kamen rider look .
although it seems a bit cumbersome to wear , especially with that hip piece and elbows
>>
File: juspion 1-6 abe designs.jpg (64KB, 348x464px) Image search: [Google]
juspion 1-6 abe designs.jpg
64KB, 348x464px
>>15369006
If you are talking about the "technical creation process", Toei didn't make it. It was done by a hired company. If you are talking about the artistically choices, well... Toei nowadays is lazy as hell. Just it.

>>15369280
>Theres no way they could market toys that looked like that for today's kids.
Imagine a Perfect Jiban 1/6 figure with epicness' level of pic related. MY SIDES.
>>
>>15369787
Designs being lazy or unappealing these days isn't so much the fault of Toei as it is Bandai. Toei just gets stuck with whatever they're given.
>>
>>15369006
Part of the problem is just that the Metal Heroes franchise died.

People claim that Heisei Rider rips off Metal Hero design, but they never go for full body armored designs like that, outside of monsters, which are made with a lower budget.
>>
>>15369006
No it was just a battle of honor after the filthy gaijin stole Gavan from them with Robocop that pushed them so hard while they made it.
>>
File: jiraiya custom.jpg (86KB, 539x960px) Image search: [Google]
jiraiya custom.jpg
86KB, 539x960px
>>15369812
No doubt about it, but in the 80's-90's we got toys only for the "kids market" (and Bandai had all the cards). But today we also have the collectible market for adults (and the only "big" companies here are Enterbay and Medicom, with severe lack of releases). Excellent small studios like Abe Designs are completely ignored, only hardcore fans knows about it.

In essence, I think Toei don't have interest to create big figures for the adult collectible market like Marvel does with Sideshow-Hot Toys-Bowen and many other companies. Just stay stucked with Bandai in the kids market.

TFW no 1/6 or statues of Jiraiya, Storm, Metalder, Jiban, Solbraver, Fire, Blue Swat, Zyuranger, Daileon, Megarangers Swat mode...
>>
>>15369833
>essence, I think Toei don't have interest to create big figures for the adult collectible market like Marvel does with Sideshow-Hot Toys-Bowen and many other companies. Just stay stucked with Bandai in the kids market.

Nigga, wat? There is interest in adult collectible toys. The problem is that Bandai will only make figures and replica props if they are guaranteed to get the sales figures they want.

That's why they will go and show off Figuart prototypes and then cancel the production.
>>
>>15369833
>In essence, I think Toei don't have interest to create big figures for the adult collectible market like Marvel does with Sideshow-Hot Toys-Bowen and many other companies. Just stay stucked with Bandai in the kids market.

Kamen Rider does have the Figuarts line and Medicom releases for example. They tried a bit with Figuarts for Sentai, but it seemingly didn't work out. Kamen Rider just seems to have a larger older fanbase in Japan than Super Sentai or Metal Heroes.
>>
File: 32324.jpg (70KB, 960x651px) Image search: [Google]
32324.jpg
70KB, 960x651px
>>15369860
Tiny figuarts is the reflex of "japanese collectibles". It's prettty fair for nips, but to be honest, I think it's too damn simple comparing with serious collectible products from american franchises. Marvel licensed their IPs to more than 15 toy companies. Toei is just Bandai's slave.

In the case of KR, well... they sell more. It's undeniable.

>>15369857
I don't think so. Laser Blade from Tamashii? 5 1/6 figures from Medicom? To me, these are pretty shitty numbers among almost 20 MHs franchises.

In general, this discussion is a vicious circle: you say they don't sell it because don't have enough fanbase to buy, while I say they don't know how to manage their old franchises to create and sell new products... Egg-Chicken dilemma.
>>
>>15369860

I think the solitary nature of most riders is what helps that appeal. You can own a secondary rider figure and it stands on its own as a good looking toy.

If you JUST own a sentai yellow, it looks weird.
>>
>>15369936
>you say they don't sell it because don't have enough fanbase to buy, while I say they don't know how to manage their old franchises to create and sell new products

I never actually said that and wasn't trying to imply that. I actually agree that Bandai mismanages their properties.
>>
>>15369936
>with serious collectible products from american franchises
protip: polystone statues are overpriced shit and mixed media is overrated, don't fall for the "serious toys" meme. the closer you'll get to that is with die-cast mecha toys, made by japanese
>>
>>15369006
Subs where?
>>
>>15369787
I'm pretty sure we were talking about the props, thus the toys of the props.
>>
>>15369006
Back then, people actually watched toku shows so there was a bigger budget and quality control.
>>
>>15369833
ohm shura wa sowaka!
( points at shurato´s feet)
>>
>>15369006
They did not have fancy cgi shit and had to do some impressive props. Just that, cgi fucked it all.
>>
>>15369752
Even he uses CGI these days, and that's due to the fragility of GARO's ornate designs.

>>15370442
I love how in Deka they went to the effort of cutting a car completely in half.
http://over-ti.me/releases/special-police-dekaranger-06/
>>
>>15370747
Damn really? They just cg that shit nowadays huh.
>>
>>15369006
It's Bandai. In Japan, loud and colorful toys sell a lot better than the tacticool stuff, Go-Busters/Kyoryuger have proven that.
>>
>>15369006
Does it really matter?
>>
File: 2123.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2123.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>
File: 265562466.jpg (21KB, 425x236px) Image search: [Google]
265562466.jpg
21KB, 425x236px
>>15379043
Look, Daniel san - your next challenge is to fight Biolon.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.