[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Goggle V the worst super sentai ever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 11

File: tumblr_inline_n132g5mOAI1rdhiyb.png (429KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n132g5mOAI1rdhiyb.png
429KB, 500x375px
Look at their weapons, balls, hula hoops.

Just imagine them trying to sell the "weapons" to the kids, it would all be the ordinary gymnastic equipment.
>>
>>15364401
Goggle V was good, you're thinking Megaranger
>>
Their maks looks way too ugly. Too decorative and not that smooth looking.
>>
Literally nothing can beat Ninninger.

I'll watch the worst Showa trash you can throw at me 5 times in a row before I watch even a single ep of Ninninger again.
>>
>>15364721
Ninninger wasn't even that bad, it's just generic and mediocre. Toqger and kyoryuger are the aggressive wasted potential sentai.
>>
>>15364858
As someone that's only seen the Ninningers in KR3, they seem ungodly obnoxious, especially that fucking song
>>
>>15364401
healthy choice, nothing wrong with that.
>>
File: Kyuranger-SeizaBlaster.jpg (116KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Kyuranger-SeizaBlaster.jpg
116KB, 1200x675px
>>15364401
>trying to make kids go out and have a good time exercising with their friends with hula hoops, soccer ball and jumping ropes while pretending to be sentai heroes is bad

looks at sentai toys nowadays, fucking useless noisy money wasting plastic crap
>>
>>15364401
Nah, man. As someone who actually watched Goggle V dubbed, here in Brazil I can garantee anyone here would like it.

It's kinda like Sun Vulcan with that whole "wacky awesome" vibe.

Also, DAT OPENING

https://youtu.be/8wNo9StdUnk
>>
File: GoseigerNEVERFORGET.jpg (63KB, 600x477px) Image search: [Google]
GoseigerNEVERFORGET.jpg
63KB, 600x477px
>2017

>The year /m/ forgot about Goseiger
>>
>>15364858
I respect different opinions but you're just fucking stupid. Kyoryuger is in the top half Sentai of the past 20 years. ToQger is just bland.

Ninninger is actively cancerous. You're so fucking stupid that I can't even articulate your retardation. For the love of christ, please do not reply to me. I fucking hate you, your kind, and everything you stand for. Fuck you.

FUCK you. Shut the FUCK up.
>>
>>15365015
Goseiger has a godtier endgame, fantastic suits, and a top tier OP. Those things alone make it not the worst.
>>
File: goseiger bye.jpg (69KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
goseiger bye.jpg
69KB, 640x360px
>>15365015
>looking up photos of the cast after having seen that one pic on /m/ for years
I can see where it's coming from with the Red's neck, Pink's ears and Blue being freakishly tall (his spiky hair definitely doesn't help), but I'm not getting Yellow and Black, they don't look particularly fat/skinny to me, just regular toku cast build.
>>
File: goggle fight.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
goggle fight.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>15364401
Nah, it's pretty good. Going in initially, I expected the fights to be incredibly lame but I actually enjoyed watching them.

My favorite bit is when the cameras will zoom in on one fight but then zoom out to another one.
>>
>>15364981
Literally the reason why I get into Sentai. Also from Brazil.
>>
>>15364981
I thought only Changeman through Maskman aired over here.
It's weird that I've never heard the nostalgiafags talk about it.
>>
>>15365042
It really was just people coming off Shinkenger where everybody was pretty as fuck. Never let it be said that tokufags aren't shallow bitches.
>>
>>15365042
Moune is a LOT uglier in motion. She's not fat by any means, but her face is very puffy.

Goseiger's characters are also really bad, so it's easier to shit on their minute flaws.
>>
>>15365275
>Goseiger's characters are also really bad
No they're not, especially not in hindsight of some more recent shit.
>>
File: goggleblack clubs.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
goggleblack clubs.webm
1MB, 640x480px
> Not immediately going out to buy Bandai Rhythmic Gymnastics Clubs.
>>
>>15364401
Well, at least that's more interesting than the usual swords, guns and swordguns of nowadays.
>>
>>15364721
>worst showa trash
Pleb taste
>>
>>15364981
Brazil is one of the only places where hoolahoops are a "hot, big time toy for children" so you are a bit of an outlier
>>
>>15365194
That is fucking excellent actually. Love that trick.
>>
>>15366169
What? Are you implying there are no bad Showa shows? That just tells me you've only watched the most casual shit like Sun Vulcan and Liveman. There are plenty of shitty Showa series to match all the good ones.
>>
>>15366339
Honestly I can't think of much that's outright terrible apart from Toho's numerous lame Ultraman ripoffs.
>>
>>15364401
>Just imagine them trying to sell the "weapons" to the kids, it would all be the ordinary gymnastic equipment.

Ok, retailers would hate it, but any kid would love a show where the heroes battle using toys you already own
>>
>>15365027
You gotta simmer down bruh.
>>
>>15364981
>blue is a hockey player
Strange
>>
>>15367198
dumb bitch stfu
>>
>>15367619
I don't think they ever bring it up again after the first episode.

Meanwhile, Goggle Black throws around shogi pieces all the time while out of suit but they don't put that in the opening.
>>
Gokaiger has no plot and its some tokufag wet dream fan fiction
>>
Daigo sentai kingenger is nothing but daigos cock sucking. Shitty endgame, no characters development, daigo is so perfect in everything. His weakness is how perfect he is. All cast are pretty bland except for blue, gold, and Fuckin daigo.
>>
>>15368998
Honestly? Kill yourself. Gokaiger is one of the best Sentai even if you remove all of the cameos and callbacks.
>godtier choreography
>godtier cast chemistry
>fun as hell pirate theme
>showa style goofy villains
>gooooooooookai silver

And then you add in the reverence to Sentai history and legendary warriors...it's incredible. Sentai will never produce anything so unique and special ever again.

Anyone who didn't enjoy Gokaiger has zero understanding of the tokusatsu craft. Watch more Sentai you stupid fuck.
>>
>>15369140
>showa style goofy villains

I agree with you on the other points, but there really isn't anything "Showa style" about the villains. They're pretty consistent with the rest of post-2000 super sentai.
>>
>>15369140
>gokaibaby believe gokaiger is so incredible and so unique and special and no one can never make the same same shit ever again. If you disagreed with me you have no understanding in toku shits and should kill yourself.
Its still have no plot.
>>
>>15364401
camp s good
>>
>>15369182
The plot is pretty barebones but it is there.
>>
>>15368208
Chill out bruh.
>>
>>15365256
Aired on Record or Band instead of Manchete so it was a bit unnoticed for the majority of the toku crowd. Only series that was big outside Manchete was Sharivan. Understandable when you learn stuff like how Globo aired Shaider in great timeslots such as 7am in Saturday
>>
>>15368998
>>15368998
>Gokaiger has no plot

Space pirates that came to Earth looking for the greatest treasure in the universe.

It may not be the greatest plot that sentai had or to your satisfaction but the show had a plot
>>
>>15364401
Most of us probably never watched the show, except those Brazilians above me, Pinoys and anyone that watched it raw. It's hard to say.

Also, according to the rumors, the title of "worst sentai" goes to Fiveman. I'm not sure, though.

>Just imagine them trying to sell the "weapons" to the kids, it would all be the ordinary gymnastic equipment.
Toys were probably different back then. I imagine the only toys Goggle V had were the figurines of the Goggle V themselves and Goggle Robo. And the brace, which was the first Sentai transformation device to ever be sold as a toy.
>>
>>15369902
>But gokaiger is the most super special awesome series ever made and no one can recreate a series like gokaiger ever again. See >>15369140
>>
>>15365328

Eat your heart out, 300.
>>
>>15365194

Is the concrete tube farm the longest-running filming location besides The Rock Quarry
>>
>>15369907
>I imagine the only toys Goggle V had were the figurines of the Goggle V themselves and Goggle Robo.

They had those in addition to Goggle Caesar, Goggle Machine (Red's bike) and Goggle Cougar (Team Jeep.)
>>
>>15369927
Toei loved their construction sites.
>>
>>15365033
don't forget Takeuchi finally getting to be a Red. He's part of why Alata is a great Red.
>>
Why does Sentai has less variety and complexity in suit design when compared to Riders? Is it because the mechs have all the love?
>>
>>15369907
Haven't seen Fiveman all the way through, but from what I've seen it's just kind of average. Best scene I remember is Red unloading on some guys with a machine gun Rambo-style. As for everything else, the vehicles and mecha are uninteresting, the family dynamic isn't great, and the things they do in the intro don't really come up in the show.
>>
>>15364464
Nice b8
>>
>>15364464
is joke? I'm 8 episodes into megaranger and quite like it so far.
>>
>>15370048
>Suit complexity

Because there's usually like 5 to 6 suits to have for a Sentai and there's more to a sentai than just the suits. There's also the mecha which is its own little project
>>
File: x240-XBw.jpg (31KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
x240-XBw.jpg
31KB, 320x240px
>>15366395
a plastic toy bowling set is enough to make 2 rangers
or several more black rangers
>>
>>15365328
I fucking love Hibiki
>>
>>15369908
>>15368998
Not an argument
>>
>>15370048
Yeah pretty much.
>>
Watched some of the few proper subbed episodes, wasn't bad
>>
File: 1490085602461.jpg (15KB, 511x288px) Image search: [Google]
1490085602461.jpg
15KB, 511x288px
Maskman is still my favorite sentai, just behind Jetman. shame that my country is now cockblocked by Saban to prevent stations showing sentai and forced to show Power Rangers instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1SAIOzR_Js
>>
>>15385048
what do you like about it? what do you think about other 80s series?
>>
File: 1490101050083.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490101050083.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>15387412
the theme of ki power, which kinda fits in the sentai, unlike fairy granting powers to kids then cars ( nevertheless, I enjoyed Turbo rangers)

In general, I feel that up to Jetman, sentai shows were like shows that were made with stories and heart, unlike today that are mere vehicles for toys and the like

the same way I feel about Kamen Riders too. Black (not RX) was like the last Kamen Rider I feel that was made not for toy merchandising
>>
>>15387558
timeranger is good though
>>
File: sunvulcanrobotoy.jpg (79KB, 533x568px) Image search: [Google]
sunvulcanrobotoy.jpg
79KB, 533x568px
>>15387558
Honestly, I think toys were always a critical aspect of a show's success, but right now it's pretty much the only thing the franchise has going for it.

The fall in quality, imo, happened long after Jetman. Hell, I don't think the 90s had any bad series other than maybe Fiveman.
>>
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.