[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The known unknown of the biosensor aside, and assuming it had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: 1211253784339.jpg (75KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1211253784339.jpg
75KB, 640x480px
The known unknown of the biosensor aside, and assuming it had a competent pilot, would the Zeta be able to hold its own against CCA MS designs if you just gave it some funnels?
>>
I don't see why not. It's still fairly high performance by CCA's time, and the only major technical advance (besides psychoframes which we can put aside next to the biosensor) was flannels.
>>
>>15362238
The Zeta was so good the Federation was trying to replicate its success and make it feasible for mass production all the way into CCA/Unicorn era. I don't see why it couldn't be a perfectly good high end machine as it was if you just update it with whatever new technologies there are for powerplants and whatnot, funnels aren't necessarily the be-all end-all weapon.
>>
>>15362268
thaks.
>>
>>15362238
Wasn't Amuro trying to get access to a full Zeta type and had to settle for the Re-GZ? If that's the case then I'd say so.
>>
>>15362238
The ReGZ was a worse Zeta despite the name and Amuro was able to hold out against Gyunei and Char. There would be no reason it would not be able to take on Jagd Dogas
>>
I can't even remember 99% of ZZ. Did Zeta get destroyed?

All I remember was Beecha being the fucking captain of the Nahel Argama. I'm STILL mad.
>>
>>15364323
It was destroyed, and the remains were kept somewhere alongside the ZZ, I think.
>>
File: rx-178-fxa-05d.jpg (57KB, 400x393px)
rx-178-fxa-05d.jpg
57KB, 400x393px
>>15364281
I just figured the "Revising" was just cost cutting changes, and it was still a pretty good machine, Zeta was a REALLY good machine even without Funnels, it just kinda became more of a Speedster rather then the ULTIMATE SUIT.

ZZ was basically just "Z: HEAVY BOMBARDMENT MODEL" with a gattai gimmick that made no sense and most people forget about and was ultimately just a liability and arguably more of a "sidegrade" then upgrade.

The only real issue it had in ZZ was that repairing it was a bitch and the transformable frame meant slapjobs like Zeta Zaku robbed a major part of performance due not being able to use it, it fare MUCH better then the MK.II which was getting out matched hard, partly because the Super Gundam was lost forever.

THANKS KATZ.
>>
>>15364455
Memory's fuzzy but didn't Katz only lose the cockpit of the Super gundam backpack when he took out that rock?
>>
>>15362238
>>15362350
Yeah, all the best Feddie suits were Zeta derivatives. (Delta Plus, Zeta Plus, ReZEL, etc.)
>>
>>15364385
Jewdough takes the ZZ with him to Saturn.
>>
>>15364455
>cost-cutting
Yep. ReGZ is essentially Zeta without the transformation but with an unpiloted G-Defenser as a backpack.

The idea of a purged and abandoned fully-functional MA as a "cost-cutting" measure is kind of dubious now that you think about it, isn't it?
>>
>>15365832
a disposable jetpack is a lot cheaper than engineering a transformer that can switch modes on the fly repeatedly without ripping its joints apart, yes
>>
>>15365841
But a lot more expensive than a spacejobber, given it also comes with a weapons loadout.
>>
>>15364589
The Zeta is repaired and put in storage by Karaba? with a bunch of other plot critical mobile suits until they need them for "Turn A Part II: If You Turn a Turn A Twice It's Just a Normal A."

ZZ is destroyed shortly before Jewdough and the newtype colony sleeper ship fuck off for interstellar space.

Gump tried his very best. Rest easy, you overdesigned faggot.
>>
>>15364455
I think the real difference between the ZZ and zeta is that the ZZ didn't need to turn its pilot into a vegetable because its built in weapons actually had high enough output.

Although at this point it's kinda hard to tell if it was the zeta or kamille's inherent autism.

>>15362238
Funnels are highly overrated. The entire threat of funnels was that you can't tell where the attack is coming from, but anyone with newtype hax/exceptional skill can basically still dodge them so long as their mobile suit's performance is high enough (as seen repeatedly in every single fucking UC gundam show other than CCA where they finally slapped funnels onto a gundam).

>>15362350
if the zeta is so good how come it wasn't made the basis of either sazabi or the nu
checkmate zeta-shitter
>>
>>15367353
It was Scirocco's power as a newtype.
>>
>>15367353
it was scirocco's dying will to brain fry him, how'd you miss that he straight up says it
>>
File: chrome_2017-03-27_18-29-03.png (98KB, 339x299px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-03-27_18-29-03.png
98KB, 339x299px
>>
File: 1311289868222.jpg (2MB, 1250x2000px)
1311289868222.jpg
2MB, 1250x2000px
Shit like the Delta lines and all the mass production versions of Zeta prove that it's still a very viable suit. Delta Kai is probably the closest analogue to a zeta with funnels.
>>
>>15367577

Does Kamille ever get better from that?
>>
>>15367930
Yes, by the end of ZZ.
>>
>>15367353
>if the zeta is so good how come it wasn't made the basis of either sazabi or the nu

The Nu was built as a "sequel" to the Zeta. Most post-OYW Gundams got a greek letter designation for their designs. (Delta Gundam [(Hyaku-Shiki, Delta Plus], Zeta Gundam [Z/ZZ/ReGZ/ReZEL], Nu Gundam [Nu/HiNu], etc.)
>>
File: 1482720271367.jpg (12KB, 242x251px)
1482720271367.jpg
12KB, 242x251px
>>15367645
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.