[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Mobile-Suit-Gundam-Wing.jpg (1009KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Mobile-Suit-Gundam-Wing.jpg
1009KB, 2000x1000px
What went right?
>>
>>15358772
The "guerilla war waged by a team of Gundams" idea was a good concept.

Heavyarms is still one of the best AU Gundam designs ever even if a mobile suit that requires huge amounts of ammunition is a really stupid idea for a guerilla war when beam weapons are clearly available in the setting.
>>
File: st-tastearm16.jpg (49KB, 740x555px) Image search: [Google]
st-tastearm16.jpg
49KB, 740x555px
>>15358772
The core political and ideological concepts of Relena and Treize were actually very good but conveyed in a really dumbed down and convoluted way for kids to understand.
>>
They got Scott McNeil to voice Duo
>>
JUST WILD BEAT
COMMUNICATION
>>
>>15358772

The meta-plot and all the political upheaval was really cool, the soundtrack was great, and it is certainly a fun show to watch so as long as you don't try to look into it in too much depth. Also, the side characters were mostly really good, unlike the Gundam boys. In fact the boys are mostly valuable as a catalysts for the world reacting in interesting ways - which was a cool and unique dynamic.
>>
Lady Une
>>
All of the Gundam designs even Sandrock

That noise you heard when the Twin Buster Rifle charged up and fired. You know the one.
>>
>>15358772
god-tier OP. It gets stuck in my head for a couple of minutes everyday.
>>
File: 1390902780400.jpg (40KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1390902780400.jpg
40KB, 500x375px
>>15358772
Literally the whole Oz thing, great mecha design (except the cancer which is a literally a badnik), great outfits, great characters.

On the bad side of things you have the gundam pilots and teh gundam themselves which just suck.
>>
JUST

WILD

BEAT
>>
>>15359019
This.
Also:

AME NI
UTARE NAGARA
>>
>>15358848
>Heavyarms is still one of the best AU Gundam designs ever even if a mobile suit that requires huge amounts of ammunition is a really stupid idea for a guerilla war when beam weapons are clearly available in the setting.
They were BEAM Gattling Guns!
>>
>>15359317
Only the main one was you fucking spastic. The chest gatlings, missiles, machine cannons, and vulcan guns weren't beam anything.
>>
TV designs > EW Katoki's edgy niggershit
>>
>>15359135
>even Sandrock
Wait. There's a HATEdom for Sandrock? I always thought the design was generally well liked on /m/.
>>
>>15359938
I know there's a lot of, well deserved, hate for Quatre, but I think most people that hate the character still admit Sandrock's design was on-point.
>>
>>15359937

>TV winged Darth Vader Gundam >>>>>>>>>> Batman Gundam

>>15358772

>Pros
They managed to resume well all 3 parts of UC until CCA fine, They even had to fire sumizawa after episode 7 to do this, and it worked well as a war drama.

It was more of a political and ideological conflict which was some years ahead of its time and it had roots on the original Star Trek Series Episode: A Taste of the Armageddon, Treize is Literally Kirk in these series
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_XPgrdX7gk
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKmUd0zHW4w

for once we had a "good and Strong" female cast, something on par with haman and others, it almost had no fan services at all, but most of it was Trowa's old sister with her 90's skimpy top and shorts.

the series Originated 2 well known expy characters known nowadays which is Sosuke Sagara(heero) and Asuka langley(Duo)

it made the west know Gundam and originated one of the best fighting games for the franchise, which is Gundam Battle Assault II

>Cons

Reused animation was bad sometimes

The soundtrack looked like "lets puts some star wars-ish OST until we get something better like Stan bush and NRG for the ending"

it suffered, and its till suffers from the worst case of autistic tumblerite fangirs drawing yaoi fics and doujins of Duo and heero, to the point that all of them hates all woman in the series, its sick as AmuroxCharxKamille or Saint fucking Seiya

the 1st episodes are boner killer until New Edwards and Siberia

the dynamic was poor, the series followed the 5man band, though only Heero and Duo are the only well remembered pilots in the entire series.

Fucking Frozen Teardrop
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.