[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when america was into /m/ too?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: inhumanoids.jpg (70KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
inhumanoids.jpg
70KB, 768x576px
>>
no because mecha means giant robot anime and you're all heretics
>>
>'muhrica.
>entirely animated in Asia.
>>
>>15355593
>inhumanoids

isn't that this cartoon where the monsters turn people into zombies by touching their heads

how the fuck is this saturday morning cartoon
>>
>>15355604
I hope we get more fucked up "childrens" cartoons in the future. Nothing is more interesting to me than something that seems innocent or is misleading at first but has hidden fucked up shit inside of it.
>>
>>15355604
IT was the 80s, no one cared
>>
File: metalfatig.jpg (57KB, 450x536px)
metalfatig.jpg
57KB, 450x536px
>>15355593
>sci-fi RTS vidya
>Megas XLR
>EXO-Squad
>Power Rangers

Yeah, 'twas fun.
>>
>>15355753
G.I Joe and Mask
>>
>>15355753
Bot Master
Spiral Zone
Jace and the Wheeled Warriors
Mighty Orbots
battle tech, and probably more I'm missing.
Silver Hawks
Thundercats to a lesser extent (still had giant robots in two eps though)
Ulysses 31
Swat Cats

And more I probably forgot
>>
>>15355944
>Bot Master
Oh, man I loved that one, I remember here was broadcasted in the eraly 90s and I was like 14-15 years by then, watching it was my secret.

For some reason people back then liked "manga" and they asked me for my ripped VHS of Dominion all the time, but if you watched tv cartoons you were labeled as a retard.
>>
>>15355593
>>
>>15355593
>Remember when America was into /m/ too?

>>15355593
>Remember when america was into /m/ too?

* Transformers cartoon on TV
* Power Rangers on TV
* Star Wars Rebels on TV
* Huge-budget Power Rangers movie
* Pacific Rim, with PR2 in the works
* New Star Wars movie every freakin' year
* Three huge-budget, zillion-dollar-grossing Iron Man movies, plus his appearance in like half a dozen other huge-budget, zillion-dollar grossing movies.
* Five (5!) huge-budget, zillion-dollar-grossing Transformers movies, with more on the way.
* Huge-budget Ghost in the Shell movie
* Even Batman goes /m/ in most recent huge-budget DC movie

I'd America is into /m/ right freakin' now.
>>
>>15356606
I had a few action figures from this show. Ninjizz was awesome.
>>
>>15355594
Ironically, that alt-definition was invented in burgerland by murri-tards who think they get foreign shit better than the foreign.
>>
>>15356662

>more on the way

Fuck off, there's more?

I thought Bay would be categorically done with the series after Last Knight or whatever it's called.
>>
>>15356716
We invented cartoons. Go find your own creative medium if you can't live with that.
>>
>>15355593
I still can't figure out why American mecha feels so dull compared to Jap stuff. I've talked about it at length dozens of times but there doesn't seem to be any satisfactory answer.
>>
>>15356805
Last I checked, Europe wasn't a part of the US. Though, I doubt you knew that.
>>
>>15356716
>(in anime, manga, etc.) a large armored robot, typically controlled by a person riding inside the robot itself.

Ironically, that alt definiton is now the de facto english use of 'mecha' in fictional contexts. Thus "/m/ - Mecha" ought to be interpreted to mean exactly that, regardless of whatever weeb definition you hipsters think is more appropriate.
>>
>>15357318
>de facto
Nope. That's just what idiots latched onto because they're resistent to change or correction. Also, america =\= the western world.
>>
>>15357318
...wait, are you walking your shit back, faggot.
You went from "giant" to "large". Which is the crux of your argument.
>>
>>15356662
So shitty corporate renditions that have almost no connection to their inspirations?

Sorry I didn't remember any of that, fuck you for reminding me
>>
>>15356719
they have plans for a Bumblebee spinoff next year, another sequel for 2019 and an animated feature down the line.

So basically Paramount's doing to Transformers what Disney's doing to Star Wars/MCU.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.