[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Bamco hate G Reco so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 8

File: 1483626452078.jpg (123KB, 700x974px) Image search: [Google]
1483626452078.jpg
123KB, 700x974px
Why does Bamco hate G Reco so much?
>>
>>15355393

Because it's gunpla sales weren't that good, which is about the only factor that determines their view on any show.
>>
>>15355396
bandai sounds pretty evil lately

how do we stop them
>>
>>15355404

What's evil about basic economics? They make more of the stuff that sells and less of the stuff that doesn't. It might be sad if something you like isn't popular, but it'd be silly to expect them to make something that'll cost more to make than it probably recoups.
>>
>>15355409

Also, there's nothing new about them doing this, so terming it as"lately" is kind of dumb.
>>
>>15355393
>Bamco
>>>/v/
>>
File: bellri.jpg (31KB, 314x308px) Image search: [Google]
bellri.jpg
31KB, 314x308px
>>15355393
Because they just don't get it.
>>
>>15355443
I'm no imagining the bandai executives having an /m/ shitfling over "the world is not a square"
>>
>>15355396
cause low quality HGs and no MGs
>>
>>15355446
>"the world is not a square"

sounds like something globalist would say to be honest
>>
>>15355393
Maybe, just maybe, G-Reco being unpopular WASN'T a conspiracy cooked up by the people at ANN.
>>
>>15355393
It felt too much like King Gainer except without all the fun.
>>
Because it's a gundam after victory made by tomino cause if I remember right turn a didn't get much either
>>
>>15355396
Really? I heard from IBO threads that G-Reco kits sold better than IBO kits.
>>
>>15355393
Because they like making money.
>>
>>15355605
Of course, G-Reco was a popular show after all. Bandai and ANN just say otherwise because they hate Tomino. The only people who criticized G-Reco were just jealous of the show's success or weren't intelligent enough to understand the extremely well-written plot.
>>
>>15355449
No it doesn't
>>
>>15355623
Well subtle bait you got there
>>
>>15355623
No, ANN hates Tomino, Bandai doesn't he just got too old for four course series.
>>
>>15355404
buy no merch and only watch gundam on sites like KissAnime
>>
>>15355510
It did fine in Japan when competing with Try.
>>15355550
More like it fixed KG's problems.
>>
>>15355605
I have heard the opposite; IBO gumplas sold more than GReco. Bear in mind that what I'm telling you is based purely on what I heard/read around here, and I have no hard numbers to back me. From the RGreco series I heard that the Grimoire was kind of popular in the beginning, but the the quality of the GSelf was pretty bad. From the IBO series I heard that the Graze was incredably popular between builders when it was released, and that sales exceeded expectations, or something like that.

It should be pointed that Greco didn't get the same promotion as IBO. Not only Greco was aired in late night time, while IBO got primetime, but also Greco have less gunpla models than IBO; Greco have 17 models (which four are G-Self's) excluding exclusives, while IBO some 35 models, excluding exclusives.

Greco was made just as a 35th Gundam anniversary special show, while IBO was made, considering the heavy promotion of the series and merchandising, to be the next big Gundam hit.
>>
I'd kill for an MG G-Self.
>>
>>15355786
>while IBO some 35 models
Most of which were just lazy rehashes
>>
>>15355722
In terms of bd sales and ratings.

In terms of kits Try was overall more popular, the line getting more kits than G Reco did and nearly everything from the series getting a kit.
>>
>>15355396
That's reversing the causality. The gunpla sales weren't good because the G-reco gunpla engineering was absolute dogshit.

The fixed the issues for IBO by stating flat-out from the beginning that all of the gunpla had to use the same basic pseudo-inner frame and having vaguely more quality inspection of finished product designs comparatively even if it was still a budget line compared to, say, HGUC or HGUC-Origin.

An example of this is the shitty Jahannam I bought. It was obviously a cut-down design from its original because it literally cannot hold its rifle due to the rear of the receiver/stock jutting into the forearm. On top of that the hand isn't a true trigger hand and the gun trigger floats amateurishly above the closed fist (more than likely a cutback of what was probably supposed to have an included HGUC-style trigger hand part).

Conversely, IBO all has only two holding styles for weapons: round and gun-handle-rectangle. There was no need for molding/including trigger hands because closed fist hands did double-duty. As well, IBO is still a similarly budget HG line, as evidenced by non-Gundams, such as the Shiden and it's cheap and shitty shoulders (which are held together by two layers of parts on a friction fit on the joint, and have a tendency to pop out with more posing when normally there would be a two-part sandwich over a polycap for the same thing because that's the sensible thing to do).
>>
>>15355798
This. Despite the articulation for the HG not being the greatest, it's honestly one of my favorite HGs.

I feel a MG would do the suit a lot of justice with extra details and possible lighting gimmicks, similar to the 00 kits.
>>
>>15355817
Indeed, one third of those 35 are made up of Barbatos and Grazes variants, and some of the other models have at least one variant.
>>
>>15355879
no the gunpla sales weren't good because Build Fighters Try was airing at the same time and forcing people to choose which HG to buy in the same month
>>
File: WhatDoGunotaLike.png (488KB, 1068x914px) Image search: [Google]
WhatDoGunotaLike.png
488KB, 1068x914px
>>15355786
Yes IBO kits sells more than G-Reco. There's even more activity in general for customs on IBO kits than G-Reco.
>>
>>15356121
That's not stopping people from buying IBO kits while Origin and Thunderbolt kits release at the same time. Gunpla doesn't cost hundreds of dollars to the point that choosing one kit over the other is a point of contention in gunpla marketing, otherwise they wouldn't do it at all.
>>
>>15355393
You wanna know what gets me mad?
the fact that G-reco had some of the shittiest kits I've seen since 2004.
At first people were blaming this on Ippei's "difficult to engineer" designs, but then he did similar stuff for IBO and it works, in fact now we have HGs with full inner frames.
So what the hell happened with the Reco line?
>>
>>15355393
because its shit
>>
>>15355396
But its gunpla was shit
;__; 1/100 grimoire when?
>>
>>15356457
>what the hell happened with the Reco line?
Bandai didn't had any expectation for it at first, but after seeing the show reception they rashly told their engineer to create more design for plamo other than G-Self and Grimoire in less than a week.
>>
>>15355798
Start with yourself then
>>
>>15356784
>Bandai didn't had any expectation for it at first,
>Tomino's 1st series in 15 years
>no expectation
are they retarded?
>>
>>15356861
Considering Tomino's a track record with the sponsor, they're more likely to expect the old man to fuck them over.
>>
>>15356885
This, really.

It's only because of his long history of work and the respect that he got by everyone in the anime industry that G-Reco had as much superb staff as it did.
>>
>>15356243
The pace is different comparing an ova that had sporadic releases to one that was releasing every month
>>
>>15356861

No, they just looked at the reception of his last few shows, especially in terms of gunpla. Even just confining it to Gundam shows that's Turn-A and Victory, neither of which appear to have been particularly good gunpla sellers. Just because he's given them hits and kick started an industry for them (gunpla) doesn't mean they extend him infinite patience or chances after all, and if he's turning in duds a few times in a row they're going to react to that by preparing for another one.
>>
>>15355393
The suits weren't designed with kits in mind.
>>
>>15356964
This. Tomino hadn't had a TV series that wasn't considered a flop since ZZ. Every show since then has done poorly, which would make some people hesitant to back his latest endeavor. I mean, just look at the timeslot they bought for a show that was supposed to be "for kids."

It's pretty much a self-fulfilling prophecy. They didn't expect the show to be a hit, so they didn't spend the money promoting it and cheaped out on kit engineering. When the show initially did well for itself, they tried to cash in but the shoddy engineering drove people away.

Chances we'll get a MG G-Self for the movie?
>>
File: rv0SYgGh.jpg (29KB, 1024x741px) Image search: [Google]
rv0SYgGh.jpg
29KB, 1024x741px
>>15355396
>Because it's gunpla sales weren't that good
>Did well enough that they actually extended the lineup
>The G-Self and the Grimoire had multiple shipments sold out
>B-b-b-b-but it didn't do well because it didn't get a MG yet

When will this meme end?
>>15355448
>>15356488
>Gunpla quality having shit to do with sales

The 00 kits were infamously known for their poor quality yet they were hugely successful. AGE had some of the best kits in the franchise in terms of quality yet it still flopped and was one of the true rarities where a Gunpla line got canned.

>>15355854
TRY got more kits because...get this...it had more mobile suits also the President of Bandai stated that both of them did well during the IBO announcement so its not like there was that much of a gap between the two in terms of sales with the exception of the Burning Gundam which outsold everything from both shows.
>>
>>15355623
You retard. Derringer and Bandai themselves (at one of the IBO product launch events) said that both the BF/T series and G-Reco products sold well.

All these poor sales memes are coming straight from retards on /m/. It's time to put /m/ to an end.
>>
>>15355854
>In terms of kits Try was overall more popular, the line getting more kits than G Reco did and nearly everything from the series getting a kit.

The show was planned to be a more successful commercial. Significant more Gundam suits and gunpla planned to release along with their appearances in the show.

On the other hand G-Reco has marketing travesties like Kabakali and Perfect Pack G-Self kits coming out months after the show's end and the Catsith coming out a month after the show ended and several months after it did anything on screen.
>>
>>15357086

> b-b-b-but it did better than expected and they even made some extra kits
> and better than expected is synonymous with well
> implying a bunch of businessmen turned away profit from because they didn't like the property or something

Speaking of memes that need to end.
>>
>>15357086
>The 00 kits were infamously known for their poor quality
The ones that mattered, exia and 00, were fine.
>>
>>15355449
GO back to bed, Alex Jones
>>
>>15357143
The entire S1 line, including Exia, were terrible and Exia itself was one of the worst ones due to weapon mounts being unstable and poseability being less than good when compared to HGUC contemporaries.

>>15357137
It happens. I worked for a software company that used some ancient in-house tools because one of the execs (former developer who worked on some of that stuff) had a huge ego even though there are better, newer, easier to use FOSS options with large communities both commercial and hobbyist. And it was known the architects and senior devs didn't agree with him, but were basically forced to use the ancient shit. Businessmen are ego-driven douchebags, especially old dinosaurs.

More importantly large companies don't go after every little profit, they're usually looking for a big payday. Which is why we probably won't see a 1/100 of some of the cooler IBO Gundams like Rebake Full City and Flauros who got sidelined in the show hard even though they'd probably make a profit, even if it was as P-Bandai releases. Who knows, maybe someday.
>>
>>15357043
>the movie
that was a fake rumor,it's pretty much the SEED movie of reco
>>
>>15356126
>Yes IBO kits sells more than G-Reco.
One site that doesn't give statistics is not proper evidence
>>
>>15357321
> the largest depository of gunpla modelers posting their work doesnt count

You think they are all getting those kits for free or something? Count the tags bro, gunota build what appeals to them
>>
>>15357522
>the largest depository of gunpla modelers
Fucking 0080 is listed within the top percentile on that site, at that point you should realize that its worthless. Stop using it as evidence for anything
>>
>>15357303
>fake rumor
https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2017/03/13/yoshiyuki-tomino-on-gundam-newtypes-and-the-perilous-future-facing-humanity/#2f1664724b8a

>“In regards to Gundam Reconguista in G, there isn't any particular hope and yet there is a hope, in that I wished the Blu-ray release was of the complete work. To explain, we made the TV series but it wasn't perfected in terms of the content. So the fact that the production couldn't stop to include the updated content in the Blu-ray version is something I found extremely frustrating. Even in my position as the originator and producer, I didn't have the power to stop it whereas someone like Mr. Miyazaki is able to do so on his work. I found that really sad. In that sense, that's why I am now working on the movie version but I can't really talk about that yet.
>>
>>15357757
>Even in my position as the originator and producer, I didn't have the power to stop it whereas someone like Mr. Miyazaki is able to do so on his work. I found that really sad. In that sense, that's why I am now working on the movie version but I can't really talk about that yet.

It really is a re-cap movie.
>>
File: Untitled.gif (13KB, 795x356px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.gif
13KB, 795x356px
>>15357543
No it's not?

It's like right in the middle
>>
>>15358038
>A series that gets no attention from Bandai
>that high
>>
daily reminder that G-Reco sold more BDs than IBO

>ibofags are delusional
>>
>>15355623
>The only people who criticized G-Reco were just jealous of the show's success or weren't intelligent enough to understand the extremely well-written plot.

Gave me a laugh there, m8. I enjoyed G-Reco, but even I knew how much of a wreco of storytelling it was.
>>
>>15358086
i can never tell if these people are serious or not
>>
>>15358038
gundam 00 and SEED
what the fuck
>>
>>15358038
Igloo had kits?
>>
>>15358206
Zudah
Oggo
Hidolfr

Also "Igloo ver" of kits before p bandai existed
>>
>>15358150
? Thay looks about right just from a vague generalization without seeing this prior
>>
>>15358206
The Zudah was actually highly successful as a design, and had a moderately popular HG.
IGLOO didn't introduce much in the way of MS to warrant any other HG (and there were Hard Graph-esque models of the Oggo/not-Ball and the Hildolfr tank, but they weren't really worth the price outside of their collectability).
There were a handful of new designs in IGLOO, but they were largely massive (like the flying Z'gok-thing and the Big Rang MA).
>>
>>15355396
Airing during the same season as GBFT.

Both cannibalise each other.
>>
>>15358353
That is complete bullshit anon. For a good while now Sunrise has had multiple animated projects ongoing at once and Bandai releasing kits from different lines and series alongside each other. There is ALWAYS competition between lines going on. Even right now IBO is competing with Origin, Thunderbolt, random UC kits like the ground GM, and just last fall the TRY OVA kits.

G-Reco and TRY releasing kits at the same time as each other was nothing new from a model release prospective.
>>
>>15358353
Read the thread retard. Derringer and Bandai CEO said both did well.
>>
>>15358427

this is based on sales to retailers, it doesn't represent sales of consumers buying those kits.
>>
>>15358469
G-Reco kits were going for SGD$5 per kit during a warehouse sale

AGE at the lowest was just SGD$10 per HG kit
>>
>>15358426

Comparing apples to oranges. OVA !=TV series

Try and G-Reco were the first and likely last time they had full on TV anime with similar selling character power merchandise being released.
>>
>>15358489
>sgd

who the fuck cares about that currency?
>>
Which G-Reco kits are actually worth getting?
>>
>>15358549
Grimore, Montero, G-Arcane and Kabakali are all pretty decent.
>>
>>15358489
What the shit is this fake ass money?

Are you making this up?
>>
File: 10045160a.jpg (180KB, 782x726px) Image search: [Google]
10045160a.jpg
180KB, 782x726px
>>15357043
>Chances we'll get a MG G-Self for the movie?
They might be, considering that they used the ANT movie to introduce the first MG 2.0 back then.
>>
>>15358038
Whoa, sounds like a hack.
>>
>>15358707
Lol that means we won't get until next year or the year after depending on how long tomino takes to make this
>>
>>15358469
>>15358489
>Despite multiple sources stating otherwise ANN still believes that G-Reco was a failure based on nothing
>>
>>15358489
As far as American accessible sites are concerned the lowest I recall G-Reco kits being is $3-4 for the G-Reco space pack at HLJ. The Mack Knife, Space Jahanams, and Gaeon going for $7-10. Never saw any of the other kits go on sale like that.
>>
>>15355393
No V Fin. They pissed and moaned til Mead put a v Fin on Turn A and thats exactly what turns people off
All Asians are autism
>>
File: ISNTTHISWHYYOUREHERE.jpg (3MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
ISNTTHISWHYYOUREHERE.jpg
3MB, 2340x4160px
Are you guys happy now?
>>
>>15355393
>bamco
>not Banrise
REEE FUCK OFF KID
>>>/v/
>>
>>15358911
?

ANN g reco indivudual scores is among the highest for gundam that they have reviewed
>>
>>15359203
Man if only the CEO of Bandai didn't blurt it out two years ago this image would have meant something. Do detractors have anything to live for now that they've been told that they're wrong this entire time?
>>
>>15359203
I don't get it?
>>
>>15357026
>the suits looked better animated than in any promotional art

What kind of sorcery is that?
>>
>>15359203
Say whatever you want, but the MS designs from these two were pretty sex.
>>
Was talking to a guy running a gunpla stand at a con, mentioned I couldn't watch g-reco due to its various problems and I only planned on buying the grimoire and maybe one other design from the entire show

He said that's pretty much what he was getting from everyone he spoke to about it

(For context, its a UK con, the guy represented one of only two large Plamo stockists in the country, not including ebay\amazon\hlj etc)
>>
>>15359256
This. Age and G reco ms designs are way nicer than most things in ibo. I can't put my finger on it but somehow ibo suits feel so bland even when they try so hard to be different. Maybe it's the lack of accent colors in many suits. And I think they could go weirder with the proportions. Make lupus rex really look like an animal or something.

Vidar, kimaris vidar, calamity war type flauros and astaroth variants are nice enough though.
>>
>>15358903
It's the other way around probably, Tomino already finished preparing all the material for the movie, but the gunpla division still not ready on that MG G-Self, either their engineer still figuring out the ready to made prototype or the marketing team still calculating the right date for release.
>>
>>15359315
Nice blog post
>>
>>15359219

> if a businessman says something it is 100% true

I don't even disagree with the assessment but that is a terrible defence.
>>
>>15359256
>>15359328
AGE and G Reco suits are my favorite Gundam designs in a long time.
>>
>>15359629
Yes because a random website and this picture >>15359203 sure is proof enough that it flopped right?
>>
>>15359738

It isn't, but just because someone posts spurious proof doesn't mean you gain anything by posting empty proof of your own. Just ignore him if you've no real proof, and since I doubt any solid proof exists that's probably your best bet full stop.
>>
>>15360683
(You)
>>
>>15359203
>no HG Hecate
I'm still mad.
>>
>>15359203
Greco had 26 episodes age had 50. Whats this trying to prove?
>>
>>15359726
AGE and Reco did have some some of the most creative stuff in the franchise in recent years.
>>
>>15361834
used to call me on my
yeah you used to you used to

yeah

You used to call me on my cell phone
Late night when you need my love
Call me on my cell phone
And I know when that hotline bling
That can only mean one thing
I know when that hotline bling

Ever since I left the city, you
Got a reputation for yourself now
Everybody knows and I feel left out
Girl, you got me down, you got me stressed out
‘Cause ever since I left the city, you
Started wearing less and goin' out more
Glasses of champagne out on the dance floor
Hangin' with some girls I never seen before

Call me on my cell phone

Ever since I left the city, you, you, you
You and me, we just don't get along
You make me feel like I did you wrong
Going places where you don't belong
Ever since I left the city, you
You got exactly what you asked for
Running out of pages in your passport
Hangin' with some girls I've never seen before

Call me on my cell phone
And I know when that hotline bling

These days, all I do is
Wonder if you're bendin' over backwards for someone else
Wonder if you're rolling up a Backwoods for someone else
Doing things I taught you, gettin' nasty for someone else
You don't need no one else
You don't need nobody else, no
Why you never alone?
Why you always touching road?
Used to always stay at home
Be a good girl, you was in the zone
Yeah, you should just be yourself
Right now, you're someone else
>>
>>15357143
Exia was literally my first kit, and even I was surprised how shitty it was
>>
>>15357086
>>15357143
S1 kits were trash. S2 kits were pretty damn good, just in terms of base articulation. Compare the leg articulation between Exia and Exia R2. S2 kits are basically when we got what is close to modern articulation.
The first HG 144 Exia was absolute trash. It's head socket (the hole in the head) is one of the worst I've seen in ANY line, including kits that came long before it.
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.