[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Uncle Go will pass away in your lifetime Hold me, /m/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12

>Uncle Go will pass away in your lifetime
Hold me, /m/
>>
Also will: Tomino, Yasuhiko, Aniki, Matsumoto, Takahashi, Okawara, Kageyama, Wakamoto.
Probably will: Kawamori, Anno, Endoh, Midorikawa.
Better committing sudoku right now, anon.
>>
> got married to a 23 years old qt
>she's a mecha fan and gunpla modeler
>mfw they will singlehandedly produce next generation of mecha directors and artists
Is there any creator as lucky as Obari?
>>
File: DSCF1859_9.jpg (323KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1859_9.jpg
323KB, 1500x1000px
>>
I could die first, no ones knows what life will be like the next day
>>
>>15355244
>Kawamori, Anno

And nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>15355244
Tomino will be sustained to the eventual heat death of the universe by our salty bitch tears.
>>
>>15355282
>>mfw she will singlehandedly produce next generation of mecha directors and artists
Ftfy you there Optimist. And she'll do it with the money she married him for.
>>
File: DSCF1843_5.jpg (337KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1843_5.jpg
337KB, 1500x1000px
The largest animation event in Japan "AnimeJapan 2017" being held at Tokyo Big Sight on March 25 (Saturday) and 26th (Sun). At the seminar stage, the talk event of "DEVILMAN crybaby" was held on the 25th.

In the event, Mr. Masaaki Yuasa, director of this work, handed over the original author, Mr. Akira Nagai, "Ping Pong The ANIMATION", the movie "Short walk walk in the evening", the movie "Song of the roy telling the dawn" . As a memorial work commemorating the 50th anniversary of Mr. Atsushi Nagai, in the spring of 2018, Netflix talked about the secret story of the birth of 'DEVILMAN crybaby' which is exclusive worldwide release.

The event is hosted by Nippon Broadcasting announcer 's moderator Naoji Yoshida. The dialogue began with the topic of the time when an original comic was drawn and television anime was broadcast. When the original devilman was drawn, the era when the Vietnam War and the student movement were intense. Mr. Nagai seems to have drawn works while worrying about the world that such fight escalates. Also at that time, he commented, "I drew as if I had been transferred." While it depicts oneself, it seems that there were many things in the series that are surprised as "Why did this kind of lines come out?"
>>
File: DSCF1854_8.jpg (286KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1854_8.jpg
286KB, 1500x1000px
Meanwhile, Director Yuasa encountered the original Devilman when he was a high school student. Director Yuasa, who belonged to the art department, received a shock by reading Devilman and other short edits, and he received a great impact on the difference in depiction from the TV animated version he was watching when he was small is.

When asked about the impression that it was supposed to do the work that received the shock, Director Yuasa commented with laughing that "it was big it was, right? It seems that there was also a feeling that visualization of the work that everyone knows is difficult and scary, but it seems that the feeling of wanting to do more than that exceeds.

In addition, Mr. Nagai who received an offer of visualization can make a devilman's surreal world by watching the theatrical work "Director Yuasa walking short girl" and "dawn telling Ru no uta" handed down by Yuasa I heard that he was convinced that he was a person. And I sent Yale to Mr. Yuasa, "I have my own personality in each and I want to make it as much as I can demonstrate it.

Furthermore, when asked about the biggest point in making a story, Mr. Yuasa responded "to draw a cool". The director seems to think that (Devilman) is a buddy of Ming and Ryou, it is a cool story. Mr. Nagai nods greatly to that word. Mr. Nagai himself said that it was the real hero as being cool in the latter half of the series and he seemed very happy to hear the director's words sharply capturing the essence of the story.
>>
File: DSCF1836_4.jpg (337KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1836_4.jpg
337KB, 1500x1000px
Besides this, special memories of TV animation era and special storytelling that jumped out of the story behind saying that we went to exorcise at the time of production decision. Lastly, Director Yuasa said, "I think that it is becoming a good work that follows Mr. Nagai's expectations. I am going to reproduce the first manga drawn in a composition that concentrates on the last scene of the original Please expect it. " Nagai says, "I guess it's going to be early next year, it seems to be sooner, but that's it. (Laugh) I think that it will be a nice work if you enjoy making it, the director should do what he wants to do in his own way" And concluded.

"DEVILMAN crybaby" is dubbed nine languages, subtitles are made with 25 words, and will be distributed worldwide in the first quarter of 2018 in Netflix.
>>
File: feelocaust.gif (2MB, 659x609px) Image search: [Google]
feelocaust.gif
2MB, 659x609px
>>15355232
He'll be fine.

>>15355244
They'll be fine.
>>
>>15355244
>Kageyama and Endoh
That one's gonna hurt
>>
>>15355312
>>15355314
You know what? This might actually turn out okay after all. I never even expected Yuasa to have read Devilman as a youth.

>>15355244
>Anno
I doubt it, since he once slept through a fire and the fire itself didn't give a damn about him.

>>15355307
The best possible use of gold digging, honestly.
>>
>>15355282
Creator of Negima has essentially the same story except he beat out Obari by more than a few years. The difference is that his wife loves cosplay, romcoms and shonens.
>>
>>15355314
>subtitles are made with 25 words

I figured this is a typo but if they literally only say 25 specific words in the entire show, I'd want to see what kind of lunacy it would be like.
>>
>>15355477
>You know what? This might actually turn out okay after all. I never even expected Yuasa to have read Devilman as a youth.
Why would he not have? Devilman is a big cultural land mark for Japanese animation and comics.
>>
>>15355609
Yeah, but so far none of the adaptations have gone close enough to the source material. He'll probably be the one to get the spirit of it right.
>>
File: Devilman_manga.jpg (253KB, 1456x1142px) Image search: [Google]
Devilman_manga.jpg
253KB, 1456x1142px
>>15355616
Yuasa is also one of the only director's that I think can truly capture the abstract and surreal nature of Devils particularly their powers. I think Yuasa will make an adaptation that will closely follow the series but it's going to still be it's own thing not just panels to screen and call it a day.

The more I think about Crybaby the more I think Yuasa is a perfect fit for a series that has to deal with questioning your humanity and trying to obtain hope/interpersonal understanding. Not to mention he will perfectly adapt things like pic related.

Ultimately I think the series is in good hands except that the script is being written by Geass's script writer so everything I've said might go down the shitter unless it's just the screenplay and Yuasa has full creative control.
>>
>>15355232
I like him simply because he's part of the old guard who isn't a bitter old twat.
>>
>>15355636
I'd love to see the reigning in Yuasa has to do on him.
>we should turn Amon into a gutless wimp
>let's not
>can't I put a plot twist in every episode?
>no
>there should at least be some intercour--
>do you want to get paid?
>>
>>15355695
I don't think Yuasa would even say anything. I think he would interrupt him by just slapping him every time and staring at him until he shut up.
>>
3D shit
>>
>>15355314
>I am going to reproduce the first manga drawn in a composition that concentrates on the last scene of the original Please expect it. "
FUUUUCCKKKK YEEEEESSSS
Full adaption of Devilman manga confirmed
>>
>>15355683
This. I mean, it should be appreciated that this guy remains unjaded out of everybody
>>
>>15355695
>>there should at least be some intercour--
They got Netflix which basically doesn't care too much for censoring outside of super obvious stuff. They gonna show some lewd shit man, I'd bet cash money on straight up demonsex. Look at Devilman lady and recent more edgy Devilman spin offs
>>
>>15355636
>Ultimately I think the series is in good hands except that the script is being written by Geass's script writer so everything I've said might go down the shitter unless it's just the screenplay and Yuasa has full creative control.

Except that not only is Devilman incredibly gay at heart (don't deny it), it's also got a lot of shock value and even gore. Which means you're totally off the mark in your assessment. It's a good pick since the material isn't exactly high-brow sophistication.

>>15355695
The original Devilman story already has gratuitous violence and betrayals so if anything the mistake would be for Yuasa to "reign that in"...plus I remember there's also rape involved if they went all the way to Violence Jack, which they won't.
>>
>>15355695

Adding:

Devilman already has plenty of twists and the protagonist IS a gutless wimp at the very start, before he gets Amon. So I don't think you'd see that kind of conversation.
>>
>>15355799
>Except that not only is Devilman incredibly gay at heart (don't deny it), it's also got a lot of shock value and even gore. Which means you're totally off the mark in your assessment. It's a good pick since the material isn't exactly high-brow sophistication.
I mean it having a hermaphrodite that loves a man isn't what I would call gay. And are you saying just because something has gore and violence it can't have a further message or value? That's a rather one dimensional view you have there.

What I'm saying that Yuasa has to reign in is the fact that Geass's writer is a bad writer who puts stupid roundabout shit into his scripts.
>>
>>15355232
He has done enough interesting work in his lifetime, so when it happens...I'll wish him a good journey.
>>
His smile is gradually fading away.
>>
File: Devilman_full_1320588.jpg (266KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Devilman_full_1320588.jpg
266KB, 800x600px
>>15355825
It's effectively a non-heterosexual relationship since neither of them are actually female. All the fan art also speaks for itself.

I didn't say there was no message or meaning. But said message is surrounded by a lot stuff that, frankly, is nowhere near as "clean" or "pure" as you're implying. There's gory, sexy, crazy, silly/stupid or offensive content in the original manga and its spin-offs. Therefore, it's not like a writer needs to invent any of that. Even in terms of twists, you don't need to be a Geass writer in order to realize Devilman has had no shortage of those.

Thus there's no need to be overreacting like this is some sort of perfectly formed work of purely intellectual content that must never be tainted with crass depictions of violence or nudity. Even Go Nagai would probably laugh at that suggestion, given his own tastes and how they're reflected throughout his career.
>>
Akira never showed a shred of romantic interest in Ryo. Fujos will ship whatever they want, but Ryo's infatuation is unreciprocated.
>>
>>15356094
>It's effectively a non-heterosexual relationship since neither of them are actually female.
It's also a largely platonic one from Akira because Miki is who he has always been in love with. Lady Devilman is the only time they engage in anything but considering that series is also a mess and everyone fucks everyone, I don't think it's too big an indication. Ryo is in love with Akira, and Amon if you consider that manga canon, but neither of them are willing to be loved by him.

>All the fan art also speaks for itself.
Yeah dude because Fujo art is totally a barometer for what's accurate. If that were true every male in anime would be gay.

I never insinuated anything you are saying. Devilman is very pulpy and exploitative. The issue is that Geass's writer is A BAD writer who doesn't make interesting conflicts. Geass is mired by a lot of shitty characters, cheap narrative swings that go nowhere (Devilman has tons of twists but none are as pointless as "Did Suzuka die AGAIN?!" happening in several episodes), really stilted character interaction (Worse than Nagai's at times stilted dialogue), and overall aimlessness of a character that can't fucking lose.

I am optimistic because it sounds like Yuasa wants to adapt the story so that means they should stay fairly close to the source, and with Yuasa being the lead voice combined with a set story I don't think it can be messed up. But if I had to be wary of anything messing it up its the guy who wrote Geass. Okouchi has some good screenwriting under his belt but always remember, he wrote the script to Valvrave.
>>
>>15355770
Seems fair, as long as pixelization is minimal.
>>
>>15355232

Nah, he's gonna outlive me.
>>
>>15356284
>Worse than Nagai's at times stilted dialogue
Why do you people continue to act as if the scanlations reflect what Nagai actually wrote? I own the official French edition and the dialogue is nowhere as retarded. In fact, it flows really well and you don't have stupid shit like it's laced with drugs to the pleasure or displeasure of many.
>>
File: 1469143996751.jpg (34KB, 373x373px) Image search: [Google]
1469143996751.jpg
34KB, 373x373px
>>15356060
>>
>>15356591
>you don't have stupid shit like it's laced with drugs
But that's what Ryo says
ああ麻薬入りのやつをね
You could also use narcotics or dope instead of drugs, but it doesn't change much.
>>
>>15356591
Maybe your translation changed stuff to make it flow better, because it's literally what the japanese text says.
>>
>>15356658
>>15356708
I see. In that case, I would have used narcotics.

My french translation says "It's more than just a cigarette"
>>
>>15355683
I have nothing against him as a person, but his fans are obnoxious as fuck and believe everything he made was the work of a genius. Which is very far from the truth. Nagai is ok as far as old creators go, but made a lot of questionable choices in his work from the past two decades. He did some great things in the past, but when he wants to be shit, he can be really, really shitty. Doesn't help he turned all his characters into soulless dolls in these modern spin-offs. Now I have a bad taste in my mouth everytime I think about Nagai's manga.

That said, I enjoyed all of the modern Nagai's anime. Sometimes I think they captured what made his past work enjoyable better than Nagai himself could do in his late years. So I'm still looking forward to this.
>>
>>15356773
To tell the truth, japanse usually don't flow well when translated into any language. Sometimes translators can change things for the best when you have international readers in mind. Reading english translations of japanese books can be painful, even if the content is good.
>>
>>15356789
>believe everything he made was the work of a genius
You know this is very far from the truth. All I'm saying is that Nagai isn't this evil misogynist who's using manga to oppress women. The amount of hate Nagai gets just for writing the shit he wants is very disproportional to the amount of actual genuine likes he gets.

>but when he wants to be shit, he can be really, really shitty.
He doesn't often make "high brow" content for the mature manga enthusiasts, but who the fuck cares? There are a bazillion of other great authors who can write way better than Nagai, but that doesn't matter, because they are not writing the type of content that Nagai writes.

Nagai makes trashy manga, and that's fine, because his stuff is what b and z movies are to the film industry. Today, he's not a bitter old fart because he chose to write stuff that pleases him first, and others afterwards, unlike other creators like Miyazaki who are hell bent on getting recognised worldwide. For these kind of people, the audience comes first before their own personal taste.
>>
>>15356789
>but his fans are obnoxious as fuck

So it's okay to hate TTGL based on the fanbase then?

Also
>His Fans

What fans? ANN hates. Anime suki hates him. Nearly every mainstream anime fandom site hates him. And /m/ as of the last two years or so seems to hate him, so you don't really have that excuse either.

Well the spanish sites love him I guess.
>>
Whether Nagai writes good or bad, you know this is what he wants to show you.

There isn't any checklist that he crosses out to make sure the audience likes his works. He just writes and be done with it.

It's funny that you people mention Shuten Douji, but that's exactly the kind of manga that Nagai loves doing. Nagai dreamt all about it first (there's an interview in the yakuza weapon dvd detailing this.

Nagai dreamt about buddhist monks, and an oni holding a baby in his mouth. Anyway, when he had this dream, he suggested his editor whether he can make a series on this, and he did. When he started writing it in a coffee shop, he even started crying and got all emotional over it for some reason. He was pretty embarrassed and decided to go back home.

When you read Nagai, you get a piece of his mind, not simply a story for an audience.
>>
File: 3243252.jpg (274KB, 750x794px) Image search: [Google]
3243252.jpg
274KB, 750x794px
>>15355232
>Jackie Chan will pass away in your lifetime
>>
>>15356877
To be fair, he suffered for his art a lot.
>>
>>15356773
>>15356812
>ああ麻薬入りのやつをね
>Oh, this? It's laced with drugs
This line works perfectly fine and is not a stiff translation desu
>>
>>15356877
>name 10 dead celebrities who aren't Jackie Chan
>>
>>15356877
Clint Eastwood's is gonna hurt me the most
>>
>>15356284
Yuasa himself says he thinks of Devilman as a love story, so....you might want to hide if that concept doesn't do anything for you.
>>
>>15356284
>Devilman is very pulpy and exploitative. The issue is that Geass's writer is A BAD writer who doesn't make interesting conflicts.
Disagreed, not only with respect to that show in particular but also in some previous works of his. I'm not going to say every conflict in every series he made is great, but there's enough that's interesting (even if it didn't always turn out like one hoped). So your generalization is not very useful.

>"Did Suzuka die AGAIN?!" happening in several episodes),
Wait...when was Suzaku dying a twist in Geass though? Let alone multiple times.

>really stilted character interaction (Worse than Nagai's at times stilted dialogue)
Debatable. Even so, writing for Devilman does not require some grand sense of dialogue. This is not Monogatari where wordplay is key.

>and overall aimlessness of a character that can't fucking lose
Considering you do see people lose, including Suzaku, and his character does change later...that's some BS on your part.

>Okouchi has some good screenwriting under his belt but always remember, he wrote the script to Valvrave.
So? This doesn't mean much in that unrelated context. Based on your posts, doesn't sound like you're giving him any credit so that's some empty praise. I don't think the guy is a great writer, nope, but he has his moments. I also don't see Devilman as being so far above him. He can adapt it just fine.
>>
>>15356812
Hence why autistic "let's learn the language as we read" TLs suck. They wanna be too literal and it's not a Latin based language which means that. A stupid idea
>>
>>15356828
>Nagai makes trashy manga, and that's fine, because his stuff is what b and z movies are to the film industry.
Yeah I mean he appeared in a fucking Troma film for a reason. Go Nagai is a Bruce Campbell type.
>>
>>15358044
>love story
Yeah it's a love triangle but Akira does not reciprocates
>>
>>15355477
>Anno
>I doubt it, since he once slept through a fire and the fire itself didn't give a damn about him.

Good not even fires want to touch the filth that is Anno
>>
>>15355770
not expecting intercourse in a Yuasa anime..?? who are you?
>>
NOT IF I DIE FIRST
>>
>>15360486
wow
>>
>>15355578
He didn't get the harem ending? Shame.
>>
>You will never fulfill your dream of creating a Gundam series and winning Tomino's approval because he's probably going to die in a few years
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.