[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ultraman... Xead??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: It3dsq7.jpg (12KB, 838x510px) Image search: [Google]
It3dsq7.jpg
12KB, 838x510px
Tsuburaya you craycray
>>
I want another crossover heavy series
>>
>Jido
how do you come up with these names japan
>>
Pronounced "Exceed" on the copyright apparently.
>>
File: Exceed X.png (206KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Exceed X.png
206KB, 400x400px
>>15354324
Hold on just a second now
>>
>>15354163
Yeah, with lots of reused monsters! Gotta love how tsuburaya respects its legacy!!
>>
>>15354324
That makes more sense to me than it probably should.

Except I'm not sure how you get that from ジード。 Admittedly I can't think of a great way to do it in katakana without sticking an E on the front.
>>
>>15354335
I would be delighted to have an X followup
>>
>>15353939
How is Ultraman as a series? How would you rank it amongst other toku series? I've never really watched it.
>>
>>15355650
>How is Ultraman as a series? How would you rank it amongst other toku series? I've never really watched it.

Personally, I like it a lot. I would say it's my favorite toku series. Most are very high quality effects and good stories. If you tell me some of your favorite toku series I can make recommendations.
>>
>>15354454
They could've done something like "Xシード", I guess.
>>
>>15354266
Seriously. It made enough since when I thought the X was standing in for a Z (pronouncing it as "Zed"), but then I see >>15354324 and have no idea what they were thinking.

>>15355800
But then people would get the impression it was an X sequel, which wouldn't be bad, but still.
>>
>>15355667
I really dug Dekaranger and Faiz. They would probably be my favorite. I don't watch a lot of toku so I've only really seen bits and pieces of others.
>>
>>15356448
Maybe something from around the same time, like Ultraman Max or Mebius. Ultraman Nexus is most like a rider series, some people say you need to have watched a few other Ultra series previous to fully appreciate it, but I think if you kind of understand how toku shows go, it's fine.
>>
>>15355850
X is really popular in Japan so I wouldn't rule out this being a sequel or related until they actually say what Xead is.
>>
>>15356502
Okay, cool. Thanks.
>>
File: 168.jpg (180KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
168.jpg
180KB, 640x360px
>>15355667

Recent Ultraman has been GREAT (generally). The effects budget and film quality was pretty bad before... maybe Tiga? Pretty much any 21st century Ultra production is pretty damn solid.

Things really kicked into high gear around the time of the introduction of Ultraman Zero, though. "Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legend - The Movie" is one of the most balls-out awesome toku productions I've ever seen (and I've seen a LOT).
>>
>>15356674
>pretty bad before
>Pretty much any
>pretty damn solid

Ugh, I put way too much pretty in that post.
>>
>>15356674
>The effects budget and film quality was pretty bad before... maybe Tiga?
Are you comparing to recent shows or what was running at the time? Compare Tiga to something like Ohranger for example.
>>
>>15354324
What, so is it like Ultraman Ex-Aid?
>>
>>15356674
Sweet, I'll check this out too.
>>
>>15357058
It would be hilarious if Tsuburaya went "fuck it" and asked Bandai/Toei to let the Ex-Aid cast show up as guests for a week. It'd be like Ultraman Vs. Kamen Rider all over again!
>>
>>15356674
> The effects budget and film quality was pretty bad before... maybe Tiga?
The only preTiga show I watched was Leo and it was great effect wise. It failed on other aspects though.
>>
>>15358227
I have a fondness for Leo but it's hard to recommend. The tone is all over the place.

Poor Tooru, kid lost everything he ever had except for Gen, who just took off for space one day and never came back.
>>
>>15354335
YES
>>
>>15358357
Thanks for reminding me what a damn let down the Leo's ending was.

>"Whelp, I guess my job is done. Everything's peaceful now, except for the few monsters that are still left, but I'm sure the children of Japan can handle them. PEACE."

It's like after the snuff film of the previous episode, they couldn't decide whether to go with a happy ending or a bittersweet one and just went full retard.
>>
>>15353939
isnt this Xeads giant space motorcycle?
Xeads dead baby
vvroom vrom
>>
>>15358357
>I have a fondness for Leo but it's hard to recommend. The tone is all over the place.
That has nothing to do with effects but yeah.
>>
>>15354335
Genius
>>
>>15362596
What?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.