[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate this show? It's fucking great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: V-gundam1.jpg (560KB, 1014x1024px) Image search: [Google]
V-gundam1.jpg
560KB, 1014x1024px
Why do people hate this show? It's fucking great
>>
I've heard nothing but praise for this show since the BD's were announced, and before then, mostly indifference. Which group are you talking to?
>>
>>15353214
people grew tired on the newtype shit
>>
Because it's not great.
>>
>>15353246
OP is probably the same sperg that obsesses over ANN.
>>15353250
It isn't really isn't that intrusive at all.
My biggest gripe is how frequently Uso gets the Gundam captured and/or captured himself.
Kinda silly tee bee aytch.

The FINAL SHOWDOWN is kinda meh too since it isn't even with his "rival", also that he didn't even have a good rivalry.

I think people maybe got burned by that string of episodes where someone dies each ep.
>>
>>15353265
>The FINAL SHOWDOWN is kinda meh too since it isn't even with his "rival", also that he didn't even have a good rivalry.
that fucking final blow
>>
Terrible mecha design, terrible comically bad technology (beam propellers and bike mechs? seriously?), dull story that does nothing interesting or new, some frankly retarded elements such as a goddamn bikini bazooka assault team. Also like most of late UC it has the problem where the antagonists are just not-Zeon.

I will never understand why people hate Neo, Remanant, Sleeves, etc Zeon but like antagonists that are basically just Zeon but without any of the political weight, historical importance or emotional context of actual Zeon and the attempts to revive it. Late UC is shit and you might as well just watch a fucking AU since it basically is one.
>>
>>15353292
Despite what you said, it was still better than Zeta
>>
File: Quattro Shades.jpg (155KB, 1440x1088px)
Quattro Shades.jpg
155KB, 1440x1088px
>>15353294
Nah son.
>>
>>15353292

>emotional context

Whatever 'emotion' lay behind Zeon's revival died either with CCA or Zeta. There's no feeling attached to Zeon now and I doubt there was much of any to begin with. It's just a guaranteed meal ticket.
>>
>>15353292
>shitting motorcycle mechs
>shitting on crab mecha
>shitting on the Imperial Rig Shokew
Gay
>shitting on bikini babes
Faggot
>>
>>15353214
Victory is the most consistently amusing Gundam.

Every episode tries to outdo the last in retardation, culminating in that mesmerizing death of some random Shrike in hands of Katejina in the final few episodes.

All in all, it's the worst UC Gundam, except maybe ZZ.
>>
File: 1487922121237.jpg (152KB, 720x523px)
1487922121237.jpg
152KB, 720x523px
>>15353294
>>
>>15353294
I think it's better than Zeta, but I don't think it nor Zeta are bad.
Also, have a (you) (lowercase 'y'), fuccboi
>>
File: 7198516.png (223KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
7198516.png
223KB, 460x460px
Victory was very strange, with stuff like the aristocratic vibe of the Zanscares to the complete lack of Zeonic design in mechs to the helicopter shields and of course the motorcycles.

The motorcycles stand out because they're two-wheeled.
>>
>>15353214
>Why do people hate this show? It's fucking great

If your idea of greatness is just the number of senseless deaths then yeah I guess Victory is great. By any other measure it's a disaster though.
>>
File: Zoloat-art.jpg (221KB, 1200x1653px)
Zoloat-art.jpg
221KB, 1200x1653px
>>15353214
I, personally, enjoyed Victory Gundam a great deal. I thought the designs and the technology was fresh and interesting, even if it went overboard at times, but never enough to frustrate me. I like that Spacenoids have effectively tipped the scales of power in their favor, now being able to produce much more than the Earth Federation which has fallen into destitution. The action's great, the story works fine in a more-classic 'underdog good-guys vs oppressive space-empire' kind of way. I don't really see how someone can hate it, even if it's just their least-favorite.
>>
Only thing wrong with the series is the limited soundtrack and needless deaths. Complain all you want about the Zanscare suits but they were both unique designs and actually worked (except for maybe the Doggorla/Dragon MA), the tires would shred through so many mobile suits in the entire franchise that it ain't even funny.

Not bad at all for a series that Tomino tried to sabotage.
>>
>>15353316
>that spoiler
Literally no one that says that has watched passed like episode 15 so fuck you
>>15353304
Fuck this A New Translation fag too
>>
>>15355190

>ANT

What?

What does that have to do with Zeon having no emotional drive and being recycled for profit because Sunrise can dependably rely on nostalgic salarymen and youthful patriots?
>>
File: msgorigin.jpg (129KB, 600x848px)
msgorigin.jpg
129KB, 600x848px
>>15353214

Too bloated around the middle of the series with samey space battles. Picks up when the V2 shows up doe.

Pic not related
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.