[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Power Rangers looks suspiciously like EVA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

I hope i wasn't the only person to notice that the power rangers trailer had a small scene where you can see the pink ranger inside of a cockpit of something along the lines of a huge power ranger suit, and I wanted to point out that looks suspiciously like a shot of shinji in the exact same position in NGE
>>
>>15352171
not really
>>
>>15352171
>REEEEE. EVERYTHING WAS STOLEN FROM EVA

Christ. It's Pacific Rim all over again
>>
>>15352171
>robot pterodactyl cockpit looks like hollywood's idea of a jet cockpit
Stop the presses!
>>
>>15352171
God, I hope someone punches you
>>
This better be bait
>>
>>15352171
>All big robot is the Ay-Van Jellyun ripoff
Stupid fucking millennials
>>
>Current year
>People still think Pacific Rim was inspired by EVA
>Now this

When will it end?
>>
>>15352311
never
people are too naive on such things
>>
>>15352171
the 'retarded dual joysticks' set up is hardly unique to eva
>>
More like Kyuranger actually with the Megazord cockpits and the McGuffin plot.
>>
>>15352311
Except Guillermo DelTaco stole LITERALLY everything from G Gundam
>>
It's not like anything from EVA wasn't done before EVA. Anno basically mashed a bunch of manga from the 70's he liked and made EVA.
>>
>>15352311

To be fair, Travis Beachum did say he was influenced by Eva in a few elements if I recall. People were finding the dumbest things referential though, yea.

>>15352821

I doubt Del Toro has even heard of it, he seems far more in to 60s and 70s stuff really.
>>
>>15353180
There's also very little similarity between G Gundam and Pacific Rim. The only 90s series that had a lot of striking similarities was Getter Robo Go's manga, and that still might be coincidental.
>>
>>15352171
that pic looks like a rip off of vanu sovereignty
>>
>>15353266
>It's just a coincidence bro lol it's just an homage bro lol just lol

Fuck off DelTaco
>>
>>15354072

Beyond the 1:1 movement interface what similarities are there? And do you really think Imagawa invented those, or that he's the only one that could invent the idea of them in isolation?
>>
>>15354072
I say pacific rims similarities to Go might be coincidental is because I don't know of it was aped or not, but there is a striking amount of similarities between the two. Like >>15354119 said though there's almost no similarities between Pacific Rim and G Gundam.
>>
>>15352171
>looks suspiciously like a shot of shinji in the exact same position in NGE
It doesn't, though?
>>
>>15352171
>This thing looks suspiciously like EVA
--Every Evafag ever
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.