[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crossbone Gundam, is it even worth animating?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

I love Seabook so I browsed thru some of Crossbone
What a fucking waste of potential
>artstyle isn't even consistent from panel to panel
>doesn't even look his age, actually looks younger than in F91 and Tobia looks like he's 8 years old
>we changed our names so this can be the authors fanfic (although Kincade is a cool name I'll admit.)
>gets cool pirate scar then hides it with a stupid thing on his face
>turns out it was just a little scratch and people even forget to draw it all the time
Did I mention the artstyle? Goddamn its weird
>manga ends too abruptly after big bad evil guy dies
>the gundams in particular look like shit most of the time
Please tell me I'm doing it wrong somehow. Please. I wanted to like Crossbone, but damn.. As usual it's up to SRW to fix everything
>>
>>15351541
Crossbone is dumb.
Now, the two movies that were supposed to come after F91, those are what I want to see.
>>
no, there is better material to animate.
>>
File: 003.jpg (106KB, 682x1065px) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
106KB, 682x1065px
>>15351541
Hasegawa's a shit artist who draws like it's the 60s but debuted in the 90s and has only somehow gotten worse since. Far more of a hack than Leiji or Ishinimori or Tezuka or whoever the fuck the shitposters are targeting. Compared to Yasuhiko's original designs of course it would be garbage. The Crossbones weren't even his designs; they were Katoki's.

God knows why people follow this shit. Even the Astray mangas are more interesting with better art.
>>
I like crossbone but even then I can't deny the arguments above. I can tell you though, Hasegawa is liked because he is creative with the use of his mechs and *REALLY* good at drawing action scenes. His static manga panels look more dynamic than some animated fights these days. He would've been a great storyboard artist.

That said, I don't think you can do the fight scenes in Crossbone justice with a TV series budget. Might as well keep it a manga.
>>
>>15351695
>God knows why people follow this shit.
Because "F91 kid gets cyborg arm and becomes a pirate fighting the Feddies and the jovians" sounds like an amazing idea on paper
>>
>>15351682
Never heard of It, is it true?
>>
>>15351541

Someone post the "Tobia Arronax is MacGuyver" pic.
>>
File: example.jpg (177KB, 700x1008px)
example.jpg
177KB, 700x1008px
>>15351751
>*REALLY* good at drawing action scenes.

Did you read the same manga?
>>
File: kill me.jpg (46KB, 800x600px)
kill me.jpg
46KB, 800x600px
>>15351541
>Be Tomino
>Bring back the staff of 0079 to create a modern reboot of the original Gundam in the form of an F91 TV Series
>Gets whole idea shafted by sponsors who will only let him make one movie for all the material
>Loses his fucking mind and becomes depressed enough to make Victory as the biggest FUCK YOU to Bandai
>That artist who he commissioned to draw that Ideon vs ZZ gag comic comes back and wants to make a sequel to F91 in manga form
>Tomino still asspained about F91 and tells artist to write something with the main characters becoming literal space pirates so that said artist would get the message and fuck off
>the fucker takes it seriously and people actually buy his shit sequel manga
>soon afterward Sunrise gives Tomino the middle finger back for Victory by cutting off all of UC and making Gundam Wing to retell 0079 up to CCA without his influence
>Tomino's face when
>>
>>15351850
And in the end they make Unicorn, a blatant attempt to ape Tominos style but nostalgia goggles misinterpretation on the writers part makes it a mess
>>
>>15351858
>nostalgia goggles misinterpretation on the writers part makes it a mess

Care to explain?
>>
If Unicorn was done in 1990 no one would have appreciated. It would become like F91, but instead it arrived in time where the UC fans were literally starving.
>>
>>15351858
>a blatant attempt to ape Tominos style

They failed with the dialogue, that's for sure.
>>
>>15351866
Tomino isn't a filthy zeek faggot and the unicorn writers are
>>
>>15351932
Except that Tomino made Zeta, which is where Zeon whitewashing started, even if it wasn't as bad as the OVAs or Unicorn's novel/s.

Although to be fair, it's not like Tomino is known for consistency.
>>
>>15351831
>Mary Sues are great if they're not liked by casuals
>>
>>15351937
Not like he had much choice, the series he apparently thought to have finished suddenly got a continuation years later. It's practically an HnK2 case.
>>
>>15351932

Not really, Unicorn condemns Zeon in some way in just about every episode with things like Banagher saying the colony drops were unnecessary and unforgivable at dinner, punching Zinnerman for letting the Shamblo go as an act of revenge, Mineva saying Zeon was wrong and should be left alone as an idea etc.

What it does do is explain why people followed Zeon, not whitewash their actions. Hence things like Marida's "light of space" and then paints both sides as at shitty in different ways, hence things like Feddie soldiers having been involved in a rape in Side 3 during the war. You cannot explain why someone sympathised with a faction without making it sympathetic in the first place and Tomino himself wanted the two factions to be good and bad in different ways in 0079, hence why the Federation higher ups were ready to capitulate till Revil and cold and uninvolved to the White Base crew to the point of making them bait while Zeon mooks were often sympathetic and just regular people.
>>
>>15351948

So what? Sunrise wanting more isn't something he could only deliver by making Zeon more sympathetic. That part was all him.
>>
>>15351964
>hence things like Feddie soldiers having been involved in a rape in Side 3 during the war
Despite the Feds never occupying Side 3 originally.

But hey, we can't let Fukui go too long without indulging his rape fetish, I guess.
>>
>>15351975

Would it actually have made any difference to you if they raped some people on an Earth base or something instead?
>>
>>15351981
Only slightly; it's still incredibly unnecessary. What does it really add?

And no, I don't buy the whole idea that both factions should have been remotely as 'bad' as each other, or that Tomino even intended it to be. He made them the aggressors, gassing fellow Spacenoids then using their homes to take chunks out of the Earth, for a reason, which I'd heard was in response to his fellow japs having huge boners for either their own imperial days and/or the Nazis. Of course, seeing how much grorious nippon still loves Zeon, he fucked up somewhere.

You can have sympathetic characters in a horrible faction; not every German soldier in WWII was a horrible monster, of course. And even if it was in self-defense the Feds played the nuke card so obviously they weren't completely fighting clean, but 'let's have someone get raped!' is a shitty way of showing one faction not being morally right, especially since it's not a faction-wide or even command-level thing for them, and animu handles rape really poorly on top of it.
>>
>>15351813

No, Deaconblue translated an interview a few weeks ago that clarified the staff involved never really knew what F91 was going to be and only kind of assumed a TV show for a while but weren't actually told what was happening till really late in production.

For that matter >>15351850 is entirely fan fiction on behalf of the anon making it. There's nothing to suggest it was the sponsors who dictated F91 be a movie, that Tomino made Victory in response to it (as opposed to because he was hired to and hated the new Bandai acquistion so he asked for untoyetic designs), that he wanted Hasegawa to do anything and so on.
>>
>>15351964
I think when people hear Zeon they still think of Gihren and his twisted interpretation of the Zeon Ideology. The Sleeves were buddies with Char who was against the Zabis and their actions so I don't see why sympathizing with them is so blasphemous here when Char and Gihren had different ideas. Although I guess dropping asteroids and colonies isn't so different. Huh.....
>>
>>15351937
>Zeon whitewashing
That's an odd way to say "let's actually show that in war all governments do fucked up things" Neo Zeon does worse shit than Zabi's Zeon ever did
>>
>>15351541
It's almost like crossbone is extremely overrated.
But it was nice getting a bit of closure after F91
>>
>>15352022
>There's nothing to suggest it was the sponsors who dictated F91 be a movie

Did you actually watch the fucking movie?
>>
>>15352010

> What does it add?

What does it detract? It being an isolated incident just means there's shitty people in the faction, not that the faction as a whole is shit.

As to both sides being equally good or bad, even Zeon's upper echelons had guys like Garma and Dozle, who were sympathetic. Meanwhile there's nothing remotely sympathetic about the higher ups of the Federation. Mostly because we never see them. The Federation is never shown to care about their men's lives or a cause, while Zeon's heads are, whether it be Kycilia killing Gihren for patricide or Dozle trying to save his men knowing they were in danger.

Meanwhile, Fed mooks are threatening people and trying to bully them, while Zeon ones are sometimes guys who just want to go home and are fed up with the war. Zeon were the aggressors, but they're stated to have cause because the Federation weren't giving them full rights. They had a good cause, but did awful, unforgivable things in pursuit of it and partly because their leaders were greedy, if sometimes likable people who subverted their cause. Neither side is clean though, because both are partly the problem. Which is unlikely to be an accident.
>>
>>15352047

Yes. Did you? Would you like to actually detail your idea instead of making incredulous posts, and explain how you arrived at the idea they did despite interviews never saying a single thing to suggest it's true.
>>
>>15352040
>That's an odd way to say "let's actually show that in war all governments do fucked up things"
Because that's not what I meant? Zeta is a show that by episode 3 has a supposed OYW Feddie vet declare that Titans were worse than Zeon for... using two of their own people as hostages to get back stolen property. Not saying it isn't a dick move, but it is nowhere near the bottom of Zeon's barrel.

>Neo Zeon does worse shit than Zabi's Zeon ever did
Like fucking what? What beats out the Zabis preemptively nerve-gassing BILLIONS of their fellow Spacenoids, on top of everything else? Assuming you're including Char's Neo Zeon, the attempted Axis drop is the closest they ever get, and there's at least the slightest hint of both warning and 'I'm doing this for a reason other than to satiate my murder boner'.
>>
>>15352046
>It's almost like crossbone is extremely overrated.
I'd say it's more the Gundam design itself than the actual manga.

That said, the manga has built up some (frankly undeserved) hype over the years as this "mysterious awesome thing" nobody actually read since it's never been officially licensed.
>>
>>15352061
Haman is literally fucking worse than every Zabi but Gihren. She holds a little girl hostage as a figurehead and leads a true personality cult. You just forget this because of Doujins.
>>
>>15351541
>is it even worth animating?

Jesus Christ man, have you read it?

Of course it's worth animating, that series is balls out wild!
>>
of course crossbone is worth of an anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtRtaMWoYxM
>>
>>15351682
>>15351695
>Implying people read Crossbone for the art

I'll admit the story goes into "Dead horse" territory after Steel Seven, but people who shit on Crossbone are the reason Bandai never ever stops with OYW wank in the first place.

>>15351937
>Zeon whitewashing
t. butthurt Titans fanboy bringing his shit to late UC.
>>
>>15354752

> if you don't love Crossbone regardless of actual quality you're responsible for Sunrise and Bandai's financial decisions
> Despite most people here living on a different continent and having no influence on Sunrise's marketing given they're not in Sunrise's market
>>
>>15354752
>people who shit on Crossbone are the reason Bandai never ever stops with OYW wank

Please don't tell me all Crossbone fans have this level of brain damage. Though maybe that's the only way they can enjoy it to begin with.
>>
>>15354726
lol so wild so cool so wacky make it happen I don't give a shit it's not like I actually have taste or know what the fuck I am talking about
>>
>>15354819
>it's not like I actually have taste or know what the fuck I am talking about

It's nice to see an Anon who understands himself.
>>
>>15351541
Your problem was trying to read Crossbone for Seabook when you should have been reading it for Tobia.

I get that you love Seabook, but this is Tobia's story with Seabook and Berah tagging along.
>>
>>15354766
Pretty much. What's YOUR excuse for not buying any Crossbone merch when it was first released?

>>15354789
>LOL! I have no argument so I'mma just say anon is brain damaged to sound edgy and cool
>>
>>15351541

If seeing Seabook/Kincaid battle against three jovian elites while being crippled, killing off Zabine and retiring with Cecily to live a normal life ain't enough for you then I don't know what is OP.
>>
File: skull-man.png (2MB, 1600x1228px)
skull-man.png
2MB, 1600x1228px
>>15351695
>draws like it's the 60s but debuted in the 90s
It works for Kazuhiko Shimamoto.
>>
>>15351850
>>Loses his fucking mind and becomes depressed enough to make Victory as the biggest FUCK YOU to Bandai
Really? After finally seeing Victory and then going back to rewatch F91, it kind of felt like Victory is close to what a full F91 series would've been, at least character-wise. Both had "silly" ship captains in over their head, both had kids with their own mini-ship, both had the protag and main female be love interests, both had the main female literally be enemy royalty, both had a literal baby always with the cast, both had big baddies with plans/tech to kill everyone on earth, both had the protags gundam built by their mom, and so on~
>>
>>15354857

I don't need an excuse since I have an actual reason, two of them even. (1) I don't generally buy merch since I don't get much pleasure out of any of it and (2) I didn't much like Crossbone so I wouldn't be looking to it even if I was looking to buy merchandise.

Victory is better than any other UC TV show though, bar 0079, which I think wrapped up perfectly fine on it's own and doesn't need any sequels and I don't give a shit about Zeon or seeing more of them.
>>
>>15351541
>the gundams in particular look like shit most of the time
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I can (Not) believe some retards took this shitty fucking post seriously.
>>
>>15354924
He can't even draw the spacing between the X thrusters properly in the climatic final fuckin battle
Like fuck off if you don't even read nigga
>>
>>15354871
His debut was in the 80s, and that looks far better than whatever the fuck goes on in Crossbone's pages.
>>
>>15354752
Yeah sure, CROSSBONE of all things is totally the one random ass manga among dozens that totally decides Banrise's entire opinion on late UC
Do you even read your posts before you submit them??
>>
>>15354853
>when you should have been reading it for Tobia.
Yeah hence the "waste of potential" part. Nobody cares about Dollar-Store Uso
>>
File: astray.jpg (252KB, 999x1418px)
astray.jpg
252KB, 999x1418px
>Better art
>Better story
>Better characters
>Better designs
>Better model kits

Astray is what Crossbone tried to be but failed.
>>
>>15355015
And let's be honest here, nobody would give a fuck about Crossbone if it weren't connected to UC or F91.
>>
Crossbone is F91 doujinshi
>>
>>15354713
Who cares about that? Why would you put making a personality cult over a colony drop on a major city?
Is Hulk Hogan worse than Hiroshima to you?
>>
File: Ems-07.jpg (44KB, 249x405px)
Ems-07.jpg
44KB, 249x405px
I guess I'm the only one on this board who doesn't have a problem with the art. I especially love how Hasegawa draws robots. Hell, he made Gundams look cool! That is quite a feat.

Also, the mech designs in Crossbone are fucking top tier.
>>
>>15356787
Is that a medabot?
>>
>>15356787

>>15356787
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIPNvjMU9iE

>sad enough to remember that medabots was cancelled in japan due to the shit 2nd season and they forgetting the original medarot games, and most of the season 1 cast.
>>
>>15354965
I do.
>>
>>15352025
>dropping asteroids and colonies isn't so different
They both have the same end goal. However, asteroids are mostly military bases in UC and dropping them doesn't require you gassing millions of the people you're supposedly fighting for
>>
>>15351541
What I don't understand is that people who say Crossbone is a masterpeice think ZZ and G Gundam are garbage. Because moon ninjas and children are apparently sillier than newtypes chimps piloting zakus.
>>
>>15355015
but everything about Astray is so shit, the designs, the characters, whatever you want to call it's events because its not a story or plot. Also shit girls

At least it does have better art than Crossbone
>>
>>15351541
The story is nice, and the designs can be fixed with animation.
Crossbones are really sexy, other MS' are kinda cool too. It would look really good animated with no Hasegawa QUALITY.
>>
>>15357747
>and the designs would be ruined with animation.
Fixed.
>>
>>15357599
they're all heavily flawed
>>
>>15354878
>I didn't much like Crossbone so I wouldn't be looking to it even if I was looking to buy merchandise.

Why are you even here then?
>>
>>15351541
I honestly don't know why people have such a boner for it apart from maybe the Crossbones themselves.

It just seems like a super generic Shonen.
>>
>>15351541
Crossbone is a stupid looking gundam anyway.
>>
>>15358014

Weird as you might find this idea I can like giant (or regular) robots, their stories, designs etc without wanting to buy stuff featuring them.
>>
>>15352070
>"mysterious awesome thing"
I actually read Crossbone the first time I heard of it (it's easily readily available) and thought it was a lot of fun. I'd love to see it animated (though Hasegawa's general artstyle I wouldn't mind being disposed of...)
>>
>>15356767
She was the only one to take advantage of the Cyber Newtypes to the point that they were slaves
>>
>>15356767
>Why would you put making a personality cult over a colony drop on a major city?
...You do realize Haman is directly resposible for that as well, right?
>>
>>15351541
No, not worth it.
>>
File: Elcopty 1.png (202KB, 1492x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Elcopty 1.png
202KB, 1492x1080px
>>15351541

I really like some of the design in Crossbone.

All of the Jovian Empire stuff looks freakish and alien in it's construction.

Like the Elcopty here.

And anyone know how this thing would fight back in close combat given it towers over it's opponents and it's arms only have so much reach?
>>
>>15362710
Well, it does have beam rotors...
>>
>>15362769

But it can't use them when it's using it's legs to stand though can it?
>>
>>15354876
>both had the protag and main female be love interests

Did you actually watch Victory?
>>
>>15362710
God no. awful designs
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.