[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aquarion Franchise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: aquarion.jpg (47KB, 225x338px) Image search: [Google]
aquarion.jpg
47KB, 225x338px
Is it worth my time?
>>
>>15348790
Yes! It's not a pick up and expect all the good stuff up front, this is a "let it come to you" type franchise.
>>
>>15348797
>Yes! It's not a pick up and expect all the good stuff up front, this is a "let it come to you" type franchise.

There are 3 anime series in the acquarion franchise right ? Are they all good or it goes downhill fast with the second series and third ?
>>
File: 8398043.png (9KB, 289x259px) Image search: [Google]
8398043.png
9KB, 289x259px
>>15348790
>Is it worth my time?
Maybe? I wouldn't really call it a classic, but it's an enjoyable enough show. It's kind of like Gravion, only with a larger cast and more of an actual storyline. It even has a Sandman.

If that appeals to you, you'll likely enjoy it. The various transformations and finishers are fun.

>>15348832
>There are 3 anime series in the acquarion franchise right ? Are they all good or it goes downhill fast with the second series and third ?
I've only seen the first series. I've heard mixed things about the later ones.
>>
>>15348832
All three are good, Genesis is a classic while EVOL left shipperfags asshurt and Logos was so intellectual it went over ANN's heads.
>>
>>15348875
That is great I just started watching the 2nd gravion season this week so I guess I'll check the first series out.
>>
>>15348832
First one varies a lot in quality between episodes but the ones that are plot heavy are generally good. The QUALITY episode is actually one of my favorites in the franchise.
EVOL starts off like the first in that you get some good and some bad but then nosedives after the halfway point.
Logos is odd and not very mecha heavy for most of the series but I enjoyed the cast enough to keep trucking. Best resolution to the love triangle in the franchise.
>>
>>15348790
It's an Aquaired taste.
>>
Yes, I cried so much with the original Aquarion.
>>
Logos is the best one
>>
>>15348790
>Is it worth my time?
Only for its music and best boy Apollo
>>
It's Getter Robo, but sexual.
>>
>>15348790
First series was ok, but had some really good moments here and there.

Second started off ok but around the halfway point went to shit and stayed there.

Third one was largely ignored after EVOL's debacle, so only hipsters talk about it.
>>
>>15348832
Most people who've seen the second say it turns to absolute shit around the halfway point. I haven't seen it myself, so I can't verify, but what I hear is really stupid.

Logos, which I have seen, is okay for the first half and fucking phenomenal in the second half. Definitely worth sitting through.
>>
>>15350120
>It's Getter Robo, but sexual.
It's not at all like Getter Robo, beyond the very basic fact of the robot consisting of three planes that can combine into three robots.
>>
Evol's second half was nowhere near as bad as people said it was.
>>
>>15348790
>Genesis
Maybe. It's a love it or hate it show. The quality fluctuates wildly. When it works, it really works. When it fails, it fails spectacularly.

>Evol
Probably not worth it. When it started out the show had better characterization and plot than Genesis did, but it all went downhill in the second half, and managed not only to undermine Evol, but the characters in characters in Genesis.

>Logos
Hardly feels like Aquarion at all, but it's fun, and consistently decent.
>>
>>15350888
>Maybe. It's a love it or hate it show. The quality fluctuates wildly. When it works, it really works. When it fails, it fails spectacularly.
I really disagree. When it works, it's pretty good, and when it fails, it's still average.

I would hardly say it "fluctuates" so much as some of the nonplot episodes are kind of dull.
>>
>>15350888
>Probably not worth it.
Zessicafag detected
>>
>>15350998
I hated Zessica and EVOL was still garbage. Try again, Kawamori.
>>
Genesis was alright, its MOTW for the most part.

Evol was pretty good for the first half but then shit went wrong after the halfway mark.

Logos is consistently fun and is pretty damn decent. It gave us some amusing lines though.
>>
File: saviourman makes a sales pitch.png (820KB, 1061x597px) Image search: [Google]
saviourman makes a sales pitch.png
820KB, 1061x597px
>>15349744
>tfw big climactic battle in Logos
>big character moment for two characters
>OSORE
>battle continues, lots of fun stuff happens
>about to get down with the beatings
>SEKAI NO HAJIMARI NO HI

I think I actually had a tear in my eye. Was a great way to do it.

>>15350298
It's a shame, Logos is probably the best of the three by dint of being the most consistent. The first show varies wildly by episode and EVOL falls into a grave in the second half, but Logos is consistently ok for the most part and gets better as it goes.

>>15350997
>I would hardly say it "fluctuates" so much as some of the nonplot episodes are kind of dull.

That's bad, when the nonplot episodes are also consistently better than all of the plot ones, because the plot isn't very interesting and stars what are probably the three least interesting characters on the show (Outside of people like Chloe who exist because they had to fill a spot with some character and may as well name them).

>>15351883
>It gave us some amusing lines though.

Oh god, yes.
>>
There's a lot of samefagging with EVOL, second half was good.
>>
>>15349744
This.
Og was okay but consistency varied like crazy throughout the episode.
Evol had great buildup till the second half where it lost its buildup and started becoming a jittery mess that made me regret watching it. I still remember the mass of /m/ threads when it aired before generals and people were pissed.
Logos is aquarion in name and gattai only but its great for the cast of characters. Its just fun and nonsensical which it embraces the shit out of so you have a blast to watch.
>>
File: oosore.png (551KB, 1022x1094px) Image search: [Google]
oosore.png
551KB, 1022x1094px
>>15348790
Best anime of their respective years
>>
>>15350383
is it still sexual though
>>
>>15350998
>the second half screwed up the characters and the plot
>You are just a shipper fag

Even Mikono had a decent character arc in the first half that got turned into something really obnoxious in the second half.

>>15350997
The plot episodes were consistently average. The episodic stuff was either extremely good, or extremely bad (IMO), but there were enough good ones to even it out.
>>
>>15352574
>is it still sexual though
It's a giant robot series. It's sexual by default.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.