[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best way to find a translator?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: _METAL_HEROES_GUIDE_v1.6_.jpg (4MB, 2634x3145px) Image search: [Google]
_METAL_HEROES_GUIDE_v1.6_.jpg
4MB, 2634x3145px
I've been fed up with certain tokusatu series not being subbed and well. I plan on taking the situation into my own hands. I can work in Ageisub quite well in the typesetting/timing department. I just need a translator. There in lies the problem. Where would/could I find someone who'd be willing to work with me?
>>
>>15347034
Try contacting one of the big sub groups and asking if you can hire one of their translators. You'll have to pony up the cash though, those guys don't work for free on anything that isn't a passion project.
>>
>>15347089
What groups would even allow me to hire their translator? I've never heard of a sub group doing that.
>>
>>15347246
IIRC, Mega Beast Empire pays a professional translator.
>>
>>15347034
pay a pro?
>>
>>15347277
Crikey. Do you think I could hire...maybe one of the guys from G.U.I.S?
>>
>>15347360
That's not problem. The problem is finding someone to hire.
>>
>>15347400
Probably not, since I hear their lead translator is going to be retiring after they complete their backlog.
>>
>>15347400
You could probably talk to Megan about hiring Kou or see if Heat will translate things for money.

Just be aware MBE paid someone for B-Fighter and MFC is doing the Space Cops Trilogy, and Exceedraft will be finished by Sailor Otaku.

I feel like Jiraiya and Jiban have been mentioned by someone at some point too.

Don't wait to pay for a show that's in the works after all.
>>
>>15347442
Anything about Blue S.W.A.T?
>>
>>15347459
I don't know.
>>
>>15347568
Well Blue S.W.A.T is the show I'm intrested in subbing.
>>
>>15347034
why is this list missing Kikaider?
>>
>>15347442
>I feel like Jiraiya and Jiban have been mentioned by someone at some point too.

I know that somebody on Tumblr whose name escapes me at the moment is doing Jiban every so often when they feel like it.

But, I haven't heard of anyone showing interest in Jiraiya.
>>
>>15347740
Metalder is right there, anon.
>>
>>15347746
no, really. are there even raws available for kikaider?

i've been meaning to watch it since Gaim
>>
>>15347772
>>15347740
Kikaider is officially subbed in its entirety and it's not a Metal Hero show.
>>
>>15347772
Kikaider has an official DVD set out, but I'm almost certain it's been ripped.

Also, has anybody ever seen the blu-rays for the show? Apparently they exist but I can't find any screenshots or anything.
>>
File: 649498_m.jpg (96KB, 411x600px) Image search: [Google]
649498_m.jpg
96KB, 411x600px
>>15347795
It's subbed TO BUY, don't forget that. It's licensed by people who actually love it.

>>15347034
I'm always curious how contacting one of the hundreds of anime sub groups would go. I would try one of them.
>>
>>15347034
The shows only look alluring because you can't have them. It's only an illusion.
>>
>>15347802
I regret not buying it and V3 when they were on sale but I was sick and out of work.
>>
>>15347802
They're like pennies, I find them everywhere, but can't find their location.
>>
>>15347034
I've seen Shaider subbed. Can't remember if it was Crabsticks or not, but it was comprehensible at least.
>>
>>15348149
They're definitely crabsticks, but yeah, they were pretty decent. I dunno if they are still on the net though.
>>
Metalder is complete and fully working. Crabsticks? Forget the DeadFish + GUIS episodes... Use the dual audio BR + solo HK subtitles. Only "upgrade" people can do here is reencoding the videos+subs into a softsub video (you know, just for being more useful and organized).

Shaider is in bad scenario: torrents are dead and the image quality available is shit. Avoid it for a while, wait for Sharivan (by MFC).

Jiban is cursed and will not be done for J-A, forget it. I got all the raws if someone wants to translate it properly.

Jiraiya is the missing point here: there ARE subtitles for it. Timming is perfect, half of the job done. The issue here is the translation, based on BR subs (and pretty bad). However, as I said, half the job is already done.

If anyone wants to translate a MH show now, Jiraiya is the OBVIOUS path to follow.
>>
>>15349180
Plus there's a Jiraiya character guest appearance in Jiban that makes more sense when watching the former first.
>>
>>15347576
Nobody is doing Blue S.W.A.T., to my knowledge, so you're good to go on that.
>>
File: Yuka Shiratori.jpg (76KB, 720x535px) Image search: [Google]
Yuka Shiratori.jpg
76KB, 720x535px
>>15349218
>>15347576
Basically "Schwarzenegger's COMMANDO" + "Metal Heroes" (at least the first part). INB4, Sara's a cuttie.

Go for it.
>>
>>15349180
>Jiraiya is the missing point here: there ARE subtitles for it. Timming is perfect, half of the job done. The issue here is the translation, based on BR subs (and pretty bad). However, as I said, half the job is already done.

Honestly it would be preferable for somebody to do a translation directly from Japanese rather than try to fix a horribly broken translation.

I don't want Jiraiya to become Goggle V's Metal Hero equivalent as far as subs go.
>>
File: _toha_.jpg (9KB, 232x217px) Image search: [Google]
_toha_.jpg
9KB, 232x217px
>>15349262
>Honestly it would be preferable for somebody to do a translation directly from Japanese rather than try to fix a horribly broken translation.
Me neither, anon... but pay attention: YOU DON'T HAVE to do the timming process all over again. I have said to grab the existing sub and translate it properly, using the timming they already did. No need to change it (which is the most anoying part during the process).
>>
>>15349304
That presumes that the person translating is going to use the same raw source that the subtitles are timed to.

Not that I know of anything better than the Frumix raws which, if I'm not mistaken, are the ones these aforementioned shit subs are timed to.
>>
>>15347277
Is he considered good? What was the rate?
>>
>>15349540
It's explained here: https://curiouscat.me/Champstice
>>
>>15347034
Heat does commissions, contact him on twitter
>>
>>15347400
Their lead translator is retiring after their shows are done, he leads a busy life as a married man. The other two translators they had (Filadelfo and Tom) have quit and moved on to Tokusatsu Network.
>>
>>15349732
> he leads a busy life as a married man
This, Shir doesn't even seem to do regular releases that much anymore. Didn't even get to do a batch for Bioman.
>>
>>15349892
Bioman wasn't his, it was Tom's
>>
>>15349899
Pretty sure they both worked on it, if the credits on their forum is any indications.
>>
>>15349899
Oh. So maybe someone should pull a Carranger for it at this point, then.
>>
>>15348323
>>15348149
From experience, the subs for Shaider are not accurate (excepting the one Christmas episode that I did and released which was a complete re-do).

My understanding is that the English subs were developed from the Tagalog localized dub. While the "gist" of the dialogue is sometimes there, it is frequently completely wrong.
>>
>>15349262
I'm working on getting the raws for a possible future project. Jiraiya isn't cursed.
>>
>>15349953
That depends, how is Exceedraft coming along?
>>
>>15347795
>not a Metal Hero show
then what category does it fall under for Toku?
>>
>>15350286
It's just a tokusatsu show produced by Toei. "Metal Heroes" is the name of a franchise (or more accurately, a time slot), not a category or genre.
>>
>>15350010
Slowly, but it is, I don't have as much free time since I moved. But I'm working on it.
>>
>>15350457
Understandable, there. I was just wondering since you didn't post any screenshots from the show on Twitter, so thanks for answering.
>>
File: i'm not dead yet_.jpg (171KB, 1432x810px) Image search: [Google]
i'm not dead yet_.jpg
171KB, 1432x810px
>>15349953
>Jiraiya isn't cursed.
>>
>>15350457
I love you Mr Edison.
>>
>>15350590
Wait, that was him?
>>
>>15350895
From what I've been told it was.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.