[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it REALLY THAT bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: Uchuu-Senkan-Yamato-2199.jpg (219KB, 790x494px) Image search: [Google]
Uchuu-Senkan-Yamato-2199.jpg
219KB, 790x494px
Was it REALLY THAT bad?
>>
>>15346542
Yes it was, Lazy always was.
>>
>>15346542
>bad
I thought people liked it, outside of /m/ being contrarian as usual. I just finished through ep 5 and it's been fine so far.
>>
>>15346542
Nah, it's pretty good.
I've heard worrisome things about that sequel though.
>>
>>15346575
>/m/ being contrarian as usual
This
>>
>>15346545
This is not Lazy.
>>
/m/ low effort posting for idiots:

1. find random mecha series
2. post picture of it along with one of the following: "Was it really THAT BAD?" "What went wrong??" "How do we fix this????" "Still better than [current popular series disliked on /m/]"
3. There is no step three you're a moron
>>
>>15346542
It was not bad in the slightest.
Ending was comfy.
>>
Anime these days is shit. It's offensive when Japanese jews take good 70's shows and remake them with modern sensibilities in mind, turning them into shit in the process. That's how you get a show where classic characters have been turned into cute girls to sell merchandise.
>>
>>15346665
So you haven't watched the original?
>>
>>15346730
Yes I have.
>>
>>15346738
Name the differences then.
>>
>>15346542
Yeah not enough blatant imperialism
>>
File: 75216.jpg (146KB, 800x515px) Image search: [Google]
75216.jpg
146KB, 800x515px
>>15346542
I enjoyed it as a solid 7/10 show, it was also very pretty which helped a lot. But then I've got no great connection to the original series which I'd only watch a year before watching the remake.
>>
>>15346542
>Was it REALLY THAT bad?
Who the fuck ever said it was, Lazyfaggot?
>>
I could never get past the fact that the Yamato is literally built from the remains of the original WWII battleship. By that point, there shouldn't have been anything to use as a base since seawater corrodes metal like nothing else can over time. Just look at the Titanic. Over a hundred years at the bottom of the ocean does a number on a sunken ship.
>>
>>15346542
I watched it last week after seeing it in SRW
Pretty damn good, good enough for me not to sperg out over the CG (which wasn't bad either)
Did get a bit silly at times though.
>>15348140
Nippon steel folded 10000 times never corrode
>>
>>15346919
There are more female characters and they're all otaku pandering archetypes, Yamato doesn't destroy Gamilus, the Gamilus aren't the aggressors this time.
>>
>>15348140
Isn't that not actually the case in 2199? There was that camouflage at the start, but the in-series Yamato is much larger.
>>
butt yamamoto
>>
>>15346542
Is pretty good, 8/10. The CG is decent, the battles are cool, I liked many of the changes in the story, Kodai is more tolerable than his original counterpart, even if a little bland, and I can cope with the silly moments and fanservice girls.

>>15348140
In both series they didn't build the ship with the remains of the Yamato, but rather, builded the ship inside the remains of the sunken Yamato, mainly to serve as camouflage. Point taken that those remains shouldn't even exist anymore in the future. But meh, is a space opera, this is something that I can ignore.

>>15348210
Where did you found that image, anon?
>>
>>15346542
It wasn't bad at all.
>>
File: AaAStwk.jpg (68KB, 700x477px) Image search: [Google]
AaAStwk.jpg
68KB, 700x477px
>>15348526
Even if the wreck lasted that long it wouldn't really hide much, the poor thing is in pieces.
I guess they just camouflaged it as a sunken ship rather than outright hide it in the real thing.
>>
Yamato's wreck survived intact because it symbolises the Japanese spirit, which was sunk by the allies but not broken.
>>
>>15346542
I liked it, but Yamamoto was not as main a heroine as that image implies. And that's sad. I thought she was cuter and stronger than Yuuki.
>>
>>15348582

Yeah in the ramake they actually camouflaged the starship as the sunken Yamato manufacturing a decayed shell. Even the staff admitted that's very convoluted, but it was the only way to use almost entirely the original premise. When the original series was created it was assumed that the Yamato was relatively intact, so the ship was built inside the wreck.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.