[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can Heavy metals take on moblie suits from UC??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

File: Daba!.png (639KB, 923x687px) Image search: [Google]
Daba!.png
639KB, 923x687px
L Gaim General, I guess?
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 640x482px
>>
File: L gaim life.png (577KB, 943x707px) Image search: [Google]
L gaim life.png
577KB, 943x707px
>>
>>15345736
I feel like, from the show, that they're about on par in many ways, but pretty much every Heavy Metal, even the shitty Machineries like the Zedda and Lista, are using beam weapons of unspecified powerlevels. Additionally, you have Heavy Metals like the Ashura Temple or Auge that lug around loads of beams and shielding to boot, and besides that space travel seems to be much easier than in Gundam, even if it is still all happening in one solar system.
>>
File: rdgro1.jpg (48KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
rdgro1.jpg
48KB, 560x560px
Actually, thinking on it, no, scratch that, Heavy Metals'd probably outclass most MS with the exception of the Machineries. By the latter half of the show, most of the Heavy Metals in use are zipping around or flying under gravity, something most common Mobile Suits don't quite reach even in Late UC (e.g. Victory). Late UC suits do have more protection from beam weaponry, but we also still don't know how powerful L-Gaim's beams are or how potent the protection many A-Class Heavy Metals have is.

Adding on that literally every Heavy Metal is capable of Dom-style slip-n'-slide action, I do feel like things might be skewed in the Heavy Metals' favor, though non-Dom Mobile Suits are also kinda capable of doing that sort of movement as early as Zeta.
>>
>>15345736
It's a different universe so we can't tell, but I'd say yes.
>>
File: CCzIWr5UgAIXBeR.jpg (163KB, 766x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CCzIWr5UgAIXBeR.jpg
163KB, 766x1024px
I recently read that animators back in the day didn't like Tomino hiring an anime production outsider for such a central job as character and mecha design, particularly because he didn't have to do any hands on animation work himself. Nagano later reminisced someone singing "e ga heta" to the tune of "heavy metal" in the first opening.
>>
>>15348317
Interesting to hear that, because I remember most of L-Gaim staff was made of newbies at the time, including the animators. But I can see them getting mad at Nagano since his design notes were insanely precise on how things were supposed to be drawn. I remember one of the linearts even had specific instructions on how not to draw one of the rear sleeves or something of Leccee's skirt. Didn't stop the show from being filled with animation errors anyway.
>>
>>15347747
>I feel like, from the show, that they're about on par in many ways, but pretty much every Heavy Metal, even the shitty Machineries like the Zedda and Lista, are using beam weapons of unspecified powerlevels. Additionally, you have Heavy Metals like the Ashura Temple or Auge that lug around loads of beams and shielding to boot, and besides that space travel seems to be much easier than in Gundam, even if it is still all happening in one solar system.

Dude, L-Gaim takes place a long time ago in a galaxy far far away... You seriously can't compare it to Gundam.
>>
File: 30474771-1.jpg (160KB, 756x1024px) Image search: [Google]
30474771-1.jpg
160KB, 756x1024px
>>15348317
Nagano did actually do some animation for L-Gaim though. That was usually considered very uncommon; the only two prominent mecha designers at the time were Okawara and Studio Nue's people and none of them ever touched a single piece of animation. Okawara didn't even go to the animation studio and rarely ever talked to Tomino during the production of 0079.
>>
File: tumblr_oclm4fvmCi1qhxf07o3_1280.jpg (104KB, 522x746px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oclm4fvmCi1qhxf07o3_1280.jpg
104KB, 522x746px
>>15348658
That's good to know. Characters designers were usually series and often episode animation directors so it's a huge amount of work.
>>
>>15348691
I do remember that Kitazume was more responsible for adapting the character designs in L-Gaim, which is why he worked as lead character designer in Zeta as well. But he was pretty new to the industry too.
>>
File: IMG_20170228_0004.jpg (3MB, 2384x3030px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170228_0004.jpg
3MB, 2384x3030px
>>15349615
The series AD himself was Tomonori Kogawa, plus a bunch of the AD staff was from his studio (Kitazume, Oomori, Masayuki Yagi at least) which is why it looks so uniform. The Bebow staff were all young, and a bunch of them had their baptism by fire in Dunbine which could have five directors in one episode - someone (when I found the story on twitter) guessed that that was part of the discontent, since after Ideon, Xabungle and Dunbine one of his students could've otherwise gotten the job.
>>
>>15349653
It is very unusual for someone to handle both character and mechanical designs in one work. I think the only other person who has ever done that for a TV series was Izubuchi.
>>
>>15349653
I've always liked Tomino's philosophy on recruiting fresh new talent. Like Ippei for G-Reco, who wasn't even a mecha designer to begin with.
>>
>>15347878
>>15348639
In ACE2, Daba says he's not a human, So take that as you will.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.