[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

McGillis- will he suceed or not?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: mcdonald fareed.gif (1MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
mcdonald fareed.gif
1MB, 540x304px
SPOILERS, of course.
Anyway, it's a highly debatable issue- if he will suceed it must be with one final trump card, it's very unlikely to win him with just his own strength and Tekkadan in berserk.

Here's why I think he will suceed: he has the power of narrative. Throughout the season there were numerous statements about him always getting what he wanted, most notably quote by Arae Proto of his ,,devil's luck".
It would be pretty weird to hype a character for last quarter of the series only to fail miserably.

As for the trump card, it must be MA. No, really. When I heard of this theory first couple of times it was ridiculous, but it seems to be the case. Reasons:
-introduction of Mobile Armours to the series, IBO tends to(more often than not) use previously shown elements;
-after the MA arc Mcmurdo says to Orga that Gjallarhorn searches Mars for other Calamity War remnants- AKA Chekhov's gun(or rather Checkhov's Mobile Armour)
-we saw like 2 eps ago short scene with Macky smiling while being alone in his sexy outfit in the desert OH GOSH WHAT COULD THAT MEAN

Anyway, whatever shit directors have got for us will be revealed in the next ep.
What do you think of all this? Does Chekhov's MA sound plausible to you?
>>
>>15338244
>Does Chekhov's MA sound plausible to you
Yeah, I'd imagine he's likely to lead some of Gjallarhorn's forces to a buried MA he found earlier, that then resurrects and wrecks their shit.

But it also puts the rest of Tekkadan and Chryse, including the Sakura Farm, at risk.
Then Mika, without Orga telling him what to do, probably finds himself at a loss and briefly ensnared by McGillis as a replacement for him, and manages to kill Gaelio in the Kimaris Vidar.
Then he snaps out of it when he finds out McGillis sent the hitmen after Orga (if he did) or something, and then stops the MA right before it fires a beam at where Atra or Kudelia is. Then he fights to the death with the Bael and the MA and possibly dies in the process.

Cut to the ending some years later, see Atra with a child (or twins) on the farm with Kudelia and some of the surviving Tekkadan members (cut to a slide show showing what the other survivors are doing, Takaki probably running as a politician to help others), Orphans Namida or Freeshia plays etc etc barbatos corpse in the field overgrown with flowers ala 00, then a small hint that Mika MIGHT be alive then the ending.
>>
If there's not more MA, I'll be disappointed. I do somewhat expect one to kill McGillis, though, as a statement about the dangers of reckless power grabs. Or it kills Gaellio's sister for the same reason, somewhow.
>>
>>15338287
>McGillis sent the hitmen after Orga
This part I must torpedo because the Hitmen were Nobliss Gordon's goons.
>>
>>15338287
I think you're going to see Mika go total psycho when he hears of Orga, it's likely going to allow him to unlock Barbato's full potential. If Mika isn't killed, he's likely going to end up like Ein. The Barbato Gundam will become his body.
And I've suggested a few days ago McGillis intends to get MAs involved in this, he has no other choice if he wants to still take down Rustal.
>>
>>15338489
So what?
Orga tried to sell out Macky to Rustal, why couldn't Macky sell Orga out to Nobliss?
>>
Choco is going to succeed... at making the Tekkadan into heroes again, which will result in Gjallahorn losing influence even more

So he won't succeed at his goal of taking over Gjallahorn and fixing it up at all. If anything it'll be the opposite.
>>
>>15338753
>why couldn't Macky sell Orga out to Nobliss
He would never betray them. Though while in all honesty, I think its possible, but we say Nobliss talking to Rustal and it was Nobliss' men who did the hit, so I'm assuming it was done on Rustal's orders to make Tekkadan pretty much leaderless
>>
>>15339286
McGillis making a powergrab to take over Tekkadan after Orga suddenly dies seems like something he'd definitely do. Nobliss conspiring with Rustal definitely seems more plausible though.
>>
>>15338244
Who cares? IBO is too bad to care about now.
>>
File: 0D6iscZ.gif (2MB, 400x215px) Image search: [Google]
0D6iscZ.gif
2MB, 400x215px
>>15339373
>>
>>15338244
No.

>>15338338
MA won't return. They were a one-note part of the plot to give backstory to the Calamity War.
>>
>>15339367
Wait, let's go on this theory for a moment. You don't think they'd stretch it into a 3rd season for this do you? It could no longer be Tekkadan at that point.

Because right now the ending isn't looking so good, and I'd write IBO as a 1 season series and never bother with the 2nd if it ends this bad.
>>
>>15338489
Nobliss has being playing both sides the entire time.
>>
>>15342962
Who knows?
>>
>>15339373
>now

IBO has been good enough to care about for 23 episodes now though.
>>
>>15339367
I disagree almost entirely due to McGillis' internal rant about how the pack life isn't for him. He wouldn't soliloquize about going out on his own if he planned on just swiping Tekkadan.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.