[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mazinger franchise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: mazinger.jpg (89KB, 1274x715px) Image search: [Google]
mazinger.jpg
89KB, 1274x715px
What is the best way to start watching this franchise?
Should I start with the old anime, manga, or the newer remakes?
>>
>>15337213
Watch the Mazinkaiser OVAs first, then see if that's the kind of show you want to sit through 90+ eps of in 70's animation.
>>
>>15337213
I just recently started myself.

From what I've been told start manga, watch Toeizinger if you really liked the manga or really like Toei shows, read what there is of Great Mazinger translated or just read a summary of it, read Grendizer if you want, watch Mazinkaiser, watch Shin, and watch SKL (this can honestly be watched at any point).

Personally I read all of the original manga run and got my fill (didn't follow up with magazine run), read Great, tried to read Grendizer but the UFO design makes me unreasonably angry and I can't force myself to keep reading even though it seems alright, watched Mazinkaiser, and am 5-6 episodes into Shin. It's a fun series and very significant to mecha, but I do feel every version has their own issues.
>>
>>15337213
>>15337238
>>15337241
When you get into the Mazinger, you should also watch Koutetsushin Jeeg. Same family. Jeeg is not as known, so people tend to forget it.

Also, Mazinger Otome, Mazinger Angels and Robot Girls Z for your sexy parodies.
>>
>>15337241
Shin Mazinger gets much better as it goes on, and also much faster. It's just Imagawa being Imagawa and setting up a lot of characters, plots etc in the first arcs.
>>
>>15337383
I'm going for Kotetsushin Jeeg next partially because I'm going through all of Go Nagai that's accessible/interests me but mainly because I love Kawagoe's direction.

>>15337389
The first episode is really rough and truly is Imagawa being Imagawa with his boner for in media res. I really see what some people say that it feels more like mazinger fanfiction rather than an actual show. Once it hits the actual retelling of Mazinger it's become quite entertaining and well done, I especially like the expanding on Kabuto Juuzo and found his character very charming.

That first episode is really really a bad start in my opinion and almost killed my interest in watching it, it's true Imagawa in how disorienting it gets.
>>
>>15337477
Kotetsushin gets even more fun if you know about the cameos and references to other Nagai works (usually in the form of genderswaps of various characters).
>>
>>15337990
Any notable ones I should keep an eye out for? I've read Mazinger stuff and everything Devilman, and am fairly aware of Harenchi Gakuen and Violence Jack.
>>
File: 1423337616855.jpg (504KB, 595x839px) Image search: [Google]
1423337616855.jpg
504KB, 595x839px
>>15338051
Two members of the Build Angels are genderswapped Saotome Mondo and Tatsuma Midou and (From Gakuen Taikutsu Otoko and Violence Jack).

The captain is the chick from Harenchi Gakuen.
>>
>>15338051
Abashiri Family (one noteworthy character based on Naojiro shows up later on), Cutie Honey (the teacher in the MCs' class) and Guerilla High/Gakuen Taikutsu Otoko (2/3rds of the Build Angels).
>>
>>15337213
The only good show is Shin. There's no good manga, but Gosaku Ota version is said to be the best.
>>
>>15338106
>The only good show is Shin
Except no one agrees with you. Not even nips themselves.

The only good show is the original anime, the classic, the best, and I'm no pedro.
>>
>>15338122
Mazinkaiser is pretty good. Nothing amazing but I would say it's a solid show.
>>
>>15338122
Sure thing, Juan.
>>
>>15338106
Bullshit, Mazinkaiser and SKL are so much better than Shin it isn't funny.
>>
>>15339134
You say it, José.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.