[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the correct Neon Genesis watchingorder?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

What is the correct Neon Genesis watchingorder?
>>
>>15337114
-TV series
-End of Eva
-the first two Rebuilds if you're not sick of it yet
>>
>watch episode 1-12
>watch EoE
>watch epidose 13-24 in reverse order
>watch rebuilds
>watch episode 25-26
This is the only correct order of consumption. Ignore what everyone else says.
>>
>>15337116
>implying the rebuilds should be watch
>not including the Girlfriend of Steel games
>not including the strip mahjong game where you can see Commander Ikari in his full nude glory.
>>
>>15337114
Watching Gunbuster instead.
>>
>>15337134
Why should I watch 13-24 in reverse order?
>>
>>15337139
This person's joking. The actual order to watch is:
-episodes 1-20
-Director's Cuts of episodes 21-24
-Episodes 25 and 26
-End of Evangelion

All the other stuff in unnecessary and only really worth it if you REALLY want more Evangelion

>>15337137
I like this plan
>>
>>15337149
Thank ya!
>>
>>15337114
Watch the TV series and stop.

EoE is a stupid mess created as a pandering to fans who wanted a "better ending". The end of the series properly resolves the themes of the series however from a narrative standpoint it leaves many things vague and kinda unresolved, sort of abruptly stopping. EoE provides a more concrete ending but it's provided in a messy film that's attempting to find greater meaning and symbolism from the series that it had, effectively trying to squeeze blood from a stone in a visually interesting but thematically empty (attempted) arthouse project.

The rebuilds are just stupid otaku fan pandering that progressively get worse.
>>
Production order, idiot.
>>
>>15337114
-TV series
-End of Eva
-the first two Rebuilds if you're not sick of it yet
-cry endlessly inside room for at least 7 straight days
-think about life and its meaning
-get horribly depressed
-become an hero
>>
>>15337114
watch eps 1,2 and 4, skip to episode 16, watch rebuild 3.0, rewatch episode 16 and you're done
>>
>>15337169
While I agree with you on the rebuilds, EoE is more than just fan pandering. There's quite a bit of references to EoE's plot in the last 2 episodes, so it's pretty clear that at least some of EoE was planned. It was only cut for budget and TV censorship reasons (NGE was already under fire for being "too violent." Can you imagine what would have happened if they released EoE on TV?) Regardless of whether or not you think EoE is "good," it's still part of the series and newcomers should still watch it, so that they can form their own opinions on it instead of just listening to your opinions on it. Plus, for every person saying you should skip EoE and just watch episodes 25 and 26, there's another person saying that you should skip 25 and 26 and go straight to EoE.

TL;DR: Watch both the TV ending and EoE so that you can form your own opinions on them.
>>
>>15337149
>-Director's Cuts of episodes 21-24
Did these actually change anything? Only saw the originals.
>>
>>15337204
Ignore >>15337169, it's probably just that fag who keeps showing up and screaming 'MUH PANDERING' at everything in Eva he doesn't like.
>>
>>15337204
>There's quite a bit of references to EoE's plot in the last 2 episodes, so it's pretty clear that at least some of EoE was planned. It was only cut for budget and TV censorship reasons (NGE was already under fire for being "too violent."
No quite literally was created as an initiative, pushed by Gainax to my knowledge, to appease fans and change the ending. Anno defended the ending of the TV series and stated it stands on its own. EoE was also made over a year after the series ended, showing that it was an after thought not one this has concurrently with the series.

I do agree with you it being bad is my opinion and not fact though, and if op wants to watch it he should decide for himself. Same for rebuilds, honestly.

>>15337216
I like Eva though? I think it's both overrated but fans but also underrated by its detractors. It's a good series, nothing amazing but definitely a good series. Rebuilds are total fan pandering cash grabs, though.
>>
>>15337210
the ep with Kaworu gets some extra scenes, the other ones mostly throw in some new animation for the existing scenes
>>
>>15337169
I though EoE was okay and one of the best trips ive ever been on but i like the last 2 episodes because its the ending Shinji deserved
>>
>>15337392
I mean I'm not gonna disagree that EoE has some beautiful and amazing visuals, but what it adds to the story is nothing of value and is a worse end point than the series ending. Thematically the series ending is far more appropriate.
>>
>>15337439
Its been six months since ive watched it and i still havent understood either ending fully
>>
>>15337340
Asuka gets some new scenes as well, leading up to her mind rape when she leaves the cast. There was also an additional scene of 2nd Impact at the beginning of one of the epsodes
>>
>>15337114
These guys are all plebs.
This is the true patrician order:
TV episodes1-24,End Of Evangelion,TV episodes 25 and 26.
>>
You're all double, no triple niggers. It's real simple. The same order as everything else: production order.
The TV show, then the movies. The first movie may be skipped as it has nothing much in the way of new footage that isn't also in the second movie. That's the only exception to strict production order.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.