[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tomino

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 12

File: images (1).jpg (33KB, 479x307px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
33KB, 479x307px
>"If I was told that it wasn't understandable because I was bad, all I could say is, 'I'm sorry,'"

Did Tomino really deserved all the bullying he got for Reco?
>>
File: 0R2Idwo.png (259KB, 479x359px) Image search: [Google]
0R2Idwo.png
259KB, 479x359px
>>15334717
Get outta here, shitposter. You've been stinking up the other Gundam threads with your "War in the Pocket is shit" agenda
>>
>>15334771
I bet he's also the same anon creating all the "Zeta is shit" threads.
>>
File: 1445851585651.jpg (6KB, 145x145px) Image search: [Google]
1445851585651.jpg
6KB, 145x145px
>>15334771
Don't censor his right to free speech
>>
>>15334785
That's your opinion anon
>>
>>15334771
>>15334782
They're called opinions. If you don't like it, just go back to your hugbox.
>>
>>15334850
>Complaining about a hugbox
>When you're begging people to leave because they disagree with you
>>
He did. G-Rectum was terrible. It had an interesting world and good mechanical designs, and wasted them on a swirling, nonsensical turd of a plot with unrelatable characters and nowhere near enough exposition.
>>
I think G-Reco was a good idea with the worst possible execution.
It also didn't help that I fucking hated the G-Self when the series began to air, but now I really love it's design and the Robot Spirits ver is one of my favorite mecha figures.

Also the art was fucking gorgeous, one of the most imaginative worlds in terms of architecture and designs. Effects were really well animated too.
>>
Gundam is never good in the first place.
>>
>>15334991
You're dumb.

It's this guy >>15334771 who told OP to leave.

In no circumstances should anyone be forced to leave, except when that person is asking others to leave.

Get a clue.
>>
File: 1346967448801.jpg (223KB, 562x800px) Image search: [Google]
1346967448801.jpg
223KB, 562x800px
>>15334677
reconguista a solid 7/10
dont bully the tomino.
>>
>>15334677
Considering that part of the narrative was about people being unable to respond to patterns they aren't used to, I'd say that he knew where his show would end up.
>>
>>15335114
Is that anon complaining about a hugbox while telling people to leave? No. Telling somebody to get out and complaining that others want a hugbox as you tell people to leave are different things.

He also wasn't telling OP to leave, now was he? You stupid fuck.
>>
>>15335149
No you're retarded.

People who try to shut down other people's opinions Shouldn't be here. It's not a matter of opinions anymore. It's a matter of fact because you're ordering people to leave.

In my case, telling him to leave is perfectly justified, since he's the one who started ordering people to leave.

free speech Is everything here. You lose that right the moment you try to censor other people.
>>
>>15334677
The show is fucking shit, with a horrible plot that doesn't go anywhere and a useless cliffhanger ending. G-Retcon also "being after turn a" is also a bullshit asspull.

The MC is a completely unlikable generic goody twoshoes mary sue that somehow beats everyone because he's a prodigy. The char clone is laughably useless. The eyecatches wit hthe super gay dance moves also help make the entire cast lose face.

Gimping the entire line of model kits on purpose also didn't help any.
>>
>>15335169
>People who try to shut down other people's opinions Shouldn't be here.
>You lose that right the moment you try to censor other people.
You're a total fucking hypocrite, Zetarager. Or just a total fucking retard. I'm leaning toward the latter, since you seem to have a poor grasp on the English language.

>free speech Is everything here.
Says the one bitching and moaning and begging for people to leave. You don't get to admonish people for something you do yourself. It's not okay when you do it. Get fucked.
>>
>>15335134

Is that Loran?
>>
>>15335191
I genuinely think you're retarded. The first rule about free speech is that you don't attempt to censor it you dumbass. Otherwise there's no point.

Dictators and authoritarians like yourself shouldn't be allowed here. If you violate free speech, then you should be forcefully removed. That's the basis of a functioning democracy you dimwit.

Free speech only works when you're not trying to remove it. That much is obvious.
>>
>>15335208
>If you violate free speech, then you should be forcefully removed.
Disagreement is not violating freedom of speech. And 4chan has no rules that say "You are not allowed to tell stupid motherfuckers to leave."

Seriously, kill yourself. What a waste of life.
>>
>>15335196
Yes, that is Loran
>>
>>15335227
Except that's not merely a disagreement you dumbass. He said get outta here. That's an order. You say my English is bad, but what about you? You fail to understand how free speech works.
>>
File: Nick and Mick.gif (844KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Nick and Mick.gif
844KB, 400x225px
>>15335182

I think they also might have shamelessly recycled some other elements from the original Gundam.

Like, aren't Klim Nick and Mick Jack (both of which have names that wouldn't be out of place for two guys in the woods brewing moonshine) supposedly based on Ramba Ral and Crowly Hamon?
>>
>>15335250
Other than being a couple on the battlefield, how are they similar?
>>
File: FreezePeach.png (68KB, 300x331px) Image search: [Google]
FreezePeach.png
68KB, 300x331px
>>15335247
>>15335227
>>15335208
>>15335191
>>15335169
>>15335149
>>15335114
>>15334991
>>15334850

Yo, its me, Spider-anon. I called out the comment posted by >>15334717 because it was irrelevant to the current topic, which was about G-Reco. All he said was "War in the Shit something something" -- mind you, this was posted in other Gundam-related threads too, most of which were not even about 0080.

Intentional shitposting without any substantial points to back up their opinions is totally counterintuitive to the point of freezepeach -- it's a clear distraction from the original topic, and it blocks out other opinions from other users by polluting threads with irrelevant, off-topic, self-serving discussions.

I hope this clears things up. In any case, the original comment has already been deleted. You pedants calm the fuck down and discuss G-Reco already, sheesh. Your "freezepeach" arguments are nothing but shitposts as well.

>sigh
>>
>>15335257

Didn't Ramba Ral also paint his machines blue and didn't he also have an attractive, blonde haired lover who wore her hair up in a bun and also had a purple pilot suit?
>>
>>15335282
That's way too superficial to call "recycling" anon.
>>
>>15335282
>>15335292
I'd call them 'archetypes' really

which are pretty much 'recycled themes from previous stories', coz all story concepts have already been done before, i guess, idk
>>
>>15335304
At the most you could call it a homage, like Red Rival MSs in other shows.
As characters, neither of them really fit Ral and Hamon's behaviour.
>>
>>15335304
>>15335311

>homage

>'archetypes

Yes, I believe those terms work better.
>>
>>15335282
Also didn't Ramba Ral die a futile death?
>>
Are you the janny because if so, fucking DO SOMETHING. You don't have to reply because that would out yourself, but yeah
>>
>>15335247
No, you fail to understand what the right to free speech is. Your right to free speech says that the government shall make no laws preventing you from speaking your mind. It does not provide protection from people's reaction to that speach (i.e.: GTFO, you're a fucking idiot, no one wants to hear what you have to say, etc.), nor does it require that other private citizens or corporations give you a platform for said speech. If someone tells you to get out, that is not infringing upon your free speech. If a moderator bans you for the things you say, that is not infringing on your free speech either. That is just another individual not allowing you access to a privately owned service based on your actions and their own decisions. Please educate yourself on the things you wish to defend before frothing at the mouth about how important they are.
In summary, to repeat what other anons have said, shut the fuck up and get the fuck out.
>>
>>15335208
no the free speech thing in the u.s. is that there are no laws to be made against free speech.

It doesn't actually protect you from getting punched, lynched, called out, or silenced for whatever it is you say.
>>
File: you.jpg (155KB, 466x379px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
155KB, 466x379px
>>15335182
>>
>free speech
As someone that's actually done work in D.C. in favor or free speech, I can't for the life of me figure out what's going on here.
This is a private website, sire it prides itself as a bastion of independent thought and expression, but there are guidelines that you agree to by using the site, and ultimately you post at the pleasure of the mods/janis. You don't have a guaranty to post whatever you want. There are even rules about what you're allowed, or not allowed to post certain places.
While it's an oversimplification, and you actually /do/ have rights as a contributor to forums/imageboards/mesageboards, Bungie's old saying sums things up very nicely:
>Be nice, you have no rights.
>>
>>15336411
>or
>sire
I should stop mobileposting.
>>
>>15336411

Look how well Neogaf turned out. /s
>>
>>15336443
I've never used neogaf.
>>
File: 1461609197806.png (48KB, 1311x422px) Image search: [Google]
1461609197806.png
48KB, 1311x422px
>muh free speech
>>
>>15336346
>bringing up private ownership
Oh god you're fucking stupid. Yes of course, 4chan is a private organisation, so yes it makes the rules, but as a matter of principle, if you offer a forum to talk, you should let other people talk without trying to censor.

The fact that you're to bring this into the legal context proves this is is too much for your tiny brain to handle. I'm not interested in the legalities. I'm interested in what's right, and telling other people to get out because they disagree? Fuck off. People like you should be gassed.
>>
>>15336492
>moot
He doesn't own this site. What this little faggot says is irrelevant nowadays.
>>
>>15336533
>what's right
Morality is for those who try to get around ethics. Your feelings are insignificant.
There is nothing wrong with someone telling someone to fuck off for spewing inane drivel. And, other than the hypocrisy of it, nothing is functionally wrong with telling that same person to fuck off for effectively the same reason, but claiming some (irrelevant) moral superiority.

Now, kindly, fuck off.
>>
>>15336542
Read the thing again
The fact that 4chan has rules and moderation inherently means the site is not "free". This hasn't changed even with the clueless jap in charge.
>>
>>15336553
>free speech
>insane drivel
Seek mental help, Mohammed
>>
>>15336557
Correct, it's not free, bu janitors allow people to hate Zets because it's an opinion. You still haven't learnt to deal with it.
>>
>>15336557
>insane
The word is "inane". Perhaps you might try a dictionary, pinhead?

The best part about this whole thing is how types like yourself have no actual understanding of the whole free speech thing, and like to get all pissy about antifa and "fee fees", yet you'll fall back on "muh morals" as sure as shit.
Again, in the context of 4chan, as in the real world, it's totally cool to tell people to fuck off for saying shit, but you can't get upset when you try to do the same. Content is basically negligible, too.
Not even sure if you're the same person that was chimping out above, but this isn't your safe space, it's not a place where you can dictate what should or shouldn't be allowed. If you can't accept that, then perhaps this just isn't the site for you.

Now why is it that you haven't fucked off?
>>
>>15336573
It's not for saying shit. It's for trying to censor shit. Different.

I don't give a shit about what you think of Zeta.
>>
>>15336573
Yes correct to inane. Still applies, Mohammed.
>>
>>15336586
I'm not censoring anything, friend. I don't have the authority to. I wouldn't even do it if I did because I believe in freedom of expression.
Hell, even the staff's role isn't based on censoring, but rather enforcement of guidelines that you accept every time you visit boards.4chan.org.

Hey remember how I said I believe in freedom of expression? Well, I still feel free to express my desire that you fuck off for being a simpleton. So, please, fuck off.

And please try and follow the chain, it's not that challenging and is indicative of good poster etiquette (which you clearly lack); I'm not talking about Zeta.
>>
>>15336609
You're trying to impose authority on me.

This is why I'm justified to say that you fuck off first.
>>
CAN WE JUST DELETE THIS THREAD ALREADY

GOD YOU MANCHILDREN AND YOUR PETTY ONLINE SQUABBLES
>>
>>15336618
I have no authority. You're free to spout whatever shit eating stuff you want here, as long as it's within the rules. It's not up to me to adjudicate those rules either, but, at least going by years of precedent, I'd guess it's within my site-given liberties to continue telling your sad sack self to fuck off for being a dumbass. So yeah, go ahead and fuck off, dumbass.
>>
>>15336463

Let's just say without proper checks in place, a simple private forum can turn into a cult, where one can get banned for no good reason except the mod says so.
>>
>>15336632
>all caps
>calling others manchildren
Anon, I...
>>
>>15336643
That happens here, even if it's not that big of a problem.
Even if it's unfortunate, it's not as if anyone is forcing people to participate in the community, is it?
I just checked their ToS and it's pretty direct in indicating that you are there pretty much at the whim of the staff, much more so than 4chan's Rules, even.

I don't know what their ToS looked like in the past, but I imagine it was probably pretty close to what it reads like now. Not reading a user agreement and getting upset you got banned out of thin air is ultimately on you.
>>
>>15334677
I think he's not saying sorry because G-Reco is bad, he's saying sorry to the people who are dumb enough not to get Reconguista.
>>
>>15336716
If you understood Japanese culture, what he said was, in fact, an apology and not a shot at people who "didn't get it." Apologizing without admitting fault is very Japanese, they're like politicians.
>>
>>15336689

The diffetence is that Neogaf used to be better and they had clear guidlines. Now they ban you even if you follow the rules while letting some users dodge them. It's all down to sucking up to their personal brand of politics.

You are right though. It's just a forum in the end, but it used to have professional game devs hanging out there and they used to have E3 invites. Now they don't even go there anymore and youtubers get invited while Neogaf gets nothing.
>>
>>15335134
>reconguista a solid 7/10
I came to the same conclusion on rewatch after giving a 5/10 rating after the weekly watch. Paying attention definitely makes things better.
>>
File: wp_ss_20170320_0001.png (210KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20170320_0001.png
210KB, 480x800px
>>15335259
Truth.
>>
>>15335169
>ordering people to leave
>>15335169
>started ordering people to leave
>>15335169
>try to censor other people
>>15335247
>That's an order
I and most other posters don't have the power to make you and other shitposters on this board to leave forever and stop posting their shit all over this board, however much we wish to. However, it is my and I assume many others opinion that you should all leave this board and never return, at least until you start posting to actually discuss /m/echa, rather than shitposting and going
>muh free speech
>muh opinion
>muh censorship
everytime someone tries to criticize one of you
>>
>>15336533
>People like you should be gassed
Back to >>>/pol/
>>
If you didn't understand G-Reco you probably belong on an extermination list. We can't have retarded cretins parading around as humans.
>>
File: IMG_9504.jpg (1MB, 3296x4618px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9504.jpg
1MB, 3296x4618px
>>15337716
He's 100% a pol lurking retard, just ignore him.
>>
>>15337796

What's there to understand?

Show itself didn't know what the fuck it is or what it wanted to be.
>>
>>15337876
>Show itself didn't know what the fuck it is or what it wanted to be.
Well you're wrong in both regards so you're still a retard
>>
>>15337925

No you are retard.
>>
>>15337683
Oh can it, 0080 was trash.
>>
>>15336725
Cool horseshit bro
>>
>>15337965
In my opinion, no you
>>
>>15334677
"G-reco was a mistake" ~ Yoshiyuki Tomino
>>
>>15335070
>worst possible execution
>Also the art was fucking gorgeous, one of the most imaginative worlds in terms of architecture and designs. Effects were really well animated too.

It's not execution. Just shit writing and directing. Fucking hate Tomino for this.
>>
Are any of the characters from G Reco descendants of any of the characters we saw in Turn A?

Was curious about that in the case of the Amerians.
>>
File: 1486135694375.jpg (289KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1486135694375.jpg
289KB, 600x800px
>>
>>15334677
>Did Tomino really deserved all the bullying he got for Reco?
yes, every fucking minute
>>
>>15334677
Backpack of the week was absolute cancer. Bellri got to play with more toys than Johnny Ridden did working at the FSS in less than half the time.
>>
>>15334677
>creates one of the worst TV Gundams ever
>ruins the UC timeline by making a shit sequel to Victory
>rui b s Turn A by linking it to the piece of crap that was Reconguista
Yes, he deserves it. Fuck Tomino.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.