[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING WHY IS THE DOC DUDE DEAD BUT THEY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: 1489424417202.jpg (293KB, 1191x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1489424417202.jpg
293KB, 1191x1500px
WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING

WHY IS THE DOC DUDE DEAD

BUT THEY KINDA KNEW

AND WHO DID IT

AND THE FUCK IS THE AUTISM FOR

BUT THEN THE ALIENS ARE

WHAT IS HAPPENING WHO IS A GOOD GUY

>13 years later

WHAT

THE FUCK IS ARMAGEDDON
THIS SHOW'S SO FUCKING GOOD BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT OR WHY IS HAPPENING

THE SOUNDTRACK IS SO FUCKING BANGING

THE ANIMATION IS CUM WORTHY

I WANT TO FUCK RYOMA
>>
File: Gendo Nigger Safari Ikari.gif (141KB, 305x305px) Image search: [Google]
Gendo Nigger Safari Ikari.gif
141KB, 305x305px
>>15327581
Welcome to Imagawa. If you haven't seen Giant Robo, it's kind of like your post x50.

Also, read the manga starting from the beginning. Everything that matters is translated.
>>
A lot of this doesn't really get explained until the last 3 episodes, but it's more of a "Oh, that explains it" instead of a "Oh, that makes sense in hindsight"
Basically, Imagawa is one cryptic fuck, and him leaving early didn't helped.
>>
>>15327581
Getter is dumb. What's new?
>>
>>15327718
Not you shitposting like a retard, that's what.
>>
>>15327702
>>15327716
Read: Imagawa can't direct

Just because you don't understand it, doesn't mean "Wow it's so deep it MUST be good!"
No, if it's an incomprehensible unfocused mess it's literally shit
>>
>>15327581
>THIS SHOW'S SO FUCKING GOOD BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT OR WHY IS HAPPENING
Do you just have no attention span or something? Literally everything gets explained in Armageddon, I'm hard pressed to think of anything left unexplained.
>>
>>15327789
>No, if it's an incomprehensible unfocused mess it's literally shit
The problem isn't that his stuff isn't 2deep or a jumbled mess. His shows are easy to follow, the problem is they start in media res, have no real beginning, and end abruptly while making it very clear that it's not the end of the story, but never having any actual intention to finish what he fucking started.

He directs just fine. He's just got this fucking entrenched habit of making the entirety of his shows the middle of a way bigger fucking story with nothing else bookending it. It's really an asshole thing to do to your audience and it tells me his head is buried firmly in his colon and he probably considers himself some kind of genius who's above telling a complete, self contained story, but he lets you know that there IS one and YOU won't ever get see it.

G Gundam is the one exception to this rule that I can think of and definitely the only Imagawa show I've seen with an ending.
>>
>>15327789
It's perfectly comprehensible to be fair, OP is just retarded.
>>
Is it me or quite a few people never watched Imagawa's Tetsuijin?
>>
>>15327887
Not if you haven't finished it.
>>
>>15327916
It's not just you.

>>15327924
Not really.
>>
>>15327789
>if it's an incomprehensible unfocused mess
Imagawa only directed the first three episodes.
>>
>>15327883
What about the Tetsujin anime from 2004
>>
>>15327883
>the only Imagawa show I've seen with an ending.
Shin Mazinger, Giant Robo and Tetsujin 28 all have endings.

Mazinger even goes beyond the manga and into Great Mazinger and all three shows have their plot points resolved at the end.

The fact that Imagawa teased extra stuff going on after the show is just that; extra stuff. It's meant to show that the story continues beyond what he was here to told.

Giant Robo was never about the fight against Big Fire. It was about those energy capsule.

Tetsujin 28th was about itself, so there's nothing wrong with that one either.

Shin Mazinger was about Mazinger's origins and the fight against Dr.Hell, and that's what we got.
>>
>>15327789
B-but Giant Robo...
>>
Getter Robo Armageddon wasn't Imagawa. It was Jun Kawagoe.

Imagawa only did 3 episodes, and he didn't set the tone for the series.

It was Kawagoe.
>>
>>15328298
The first 3 episodes are great.
Then everything after is terrible, with only the final episode being a great action episode.
Fact is, people only remember the first 3 episodes and the finale. Kawagoe sucks.
>>
>>15328314
>people only remember the first 3 episodes and the finale
You're pulling that out of your ass.

All I remember is Naked piloting, Black Getter and the Finale, all of which are Kawagoe.

I hardly even remember what happened in the first three episodes due to their confusing nature.
>>
>>15328314
You're insane if you think people don't remember the first time stoner sunshine is used.
>>
>>15328329
Oh and that. I forgot to mention.
>>
>>15328292
Tetsujin 28 is only one among the 3 that you've mentioned that has a proper ending (Tetsujin being killed off for good). Giant Robo and Shin Mazinger have open endings (I don't know if the Siege of Babel manga, the one which is not the SRW64 doujin, could be qualified as a closure of the former since I only saw very few scans of it. For Shin Mazinger it just ended with Mazinger battling against Hades or Great General of Darkness but without an outcome regarding it)
>>
>>15328434
>have open endings
Which are proper endings.

They're not mutually exclusive.
>>
Giant Robo didn't leave any actual plot points hanging. It was about these capsules from beginning to end. Once that plot was resolved, the show was essentially done.
>>
File: Gromit_facepalm.png (817KB, 822x606px) Image search: [Google]
Gromit_facepalm.png
817KB, 822x606px
>>15328438
>>15328436
>Anon thinks that open endings can be considered as PROPER ending and such shows like GR is completely over
Yet you don't know how to distinguish a proper ending to an open ending and the said capsule thing in GR OVA (Shizuma drive stuff) is just one story arc
Oh and check Imagawa's original plans about that OVA
>>
>>15328758
>Oh and check Imagawa's original plans about that OVA

The fact that Imagawa didn't get to make a second season doesn't mean this one isn't over.

>the said capsule thing in GR OVA (Shizuma drive stuff) is just one story arc
And the entirety of what the show was about.
>>
>>15328434
You see in the aftermath in the third episode, Mazinger gets all fucked up because Great Mazinger exists and happens. Dr. Hell's severed torso points and gloats for a minute before he dies.
>>
>>15327789

That has no bearing on anything after episode 3.
>>
>>15328434
Supposedly, Yokoyama himself suggested Tetsujin's ending. If true, this is amusingly ironic, since he never ended the manga itself back in the day.

Also, it's not /m/, but Seven of Seven has a non-open ending as well.
>>
>>15329080
There was not really that much of a reason for it to end back in those days, tetsujin was envisioned to be a standalone story at first with just a few chapters long. But then its popularity got Yokoyama by surprise and he decided to keep writing new stories as long as there was still a demand for it. And the series became one of the biggest hits from the early 60s. I guess he felt like he could go back to Tetsujin at any time, he even did a one-shot for Shonen Jump years after. But few years later Iga no Kagemaru started getting really popular as well and became his new flagship series. He put Tetsujin to rest after over a decade working on it.
>>
>>15328314
>one of the best action scene storyboarders in the business
>bad
Alright, admit you've never watched New Getter, it's OK. Actually it's not you fucking fag
>>
>>15328758
>hes never read The Lady and the Tiger
Just stop, dude. You're embarrassing yourself
>>
>>15331968
>one of the best action scene storyboarders in the business
Not even close. You can't even post an example of a good Kawagoe action scene because they don't exist.
>New Getter Robo
Doesn't have a single good action scene.
>b-b-b-but Ryouma on the bridge
The only thing that made that scene was the cloak reveal, which was by Ishikawa. The rest is recycled animations of Ryouma lazily chopping oni.
>b-b-but the battle with the gods
That faux DBZ fest wasn't good because of the choreography.
>>
>>15328314
>people only remember the first 3 episodes

no they don't.
>>
>>15331990
Alright Buckaroo, explain why the choreography is "bad". Because Kawagoe does tons of great fight scenes in Armageddon (Getter Black, how he handled Stoner Sunshine, the final fight against the invaders, the ultimate shine spark to name a few) and in New Getter (Getter 2's rampage on its reveal episode, Hayato storming the Saotome labs that same episode, all of Getter 3s fights, Musashibo vs Ryoma, and plenty more). The final fight you are claiming had bad choreography had tons of dynamic action, creative enemies, every Getter form and ability has to be used, and ultimately becomes about the Getter team overpowering the will of Getter and using it rather than it using them. You call it faux DBZ but the only similarity is the gods bend reality and teleport, but the overall choreography is literally nothing like DBZ.

But here's your shot, make a convincing argument why the final battle has bad choreography. Prove you have logic behind your opinion and that you aren't just shitposting.
>>
>>15332941
Ignore him. He's just hurt. His sense of action is why he kept getting work and Imagawa not.
>>
>>15333714
I mean I think Imagawa's also a great director of action and if very elaborate and detailed in how he handles action, just he has some struggles with pacing and coherent story telling. Kawagoe is a bit more conventional in his action but I think he is an especially good story teller with his directing, he makes for an extremely fun director.

Honestly both Imagawa and Kawagoe should both be celebrated as two great mecha directors.
>>
>>15333897
I just wish Kawagoe would get longer episode counts and not get screwed over by staff change/budget issues. His version of the Cyborg 009 story still hasn't been topped, and I thought he did a rather neat story for Kotetsushin (even if it was silly at times).
>>
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.