[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GODMARS IS AMAZING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: vlcsnap-2017-03-17-21h35m54s34.png (426KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-03-17-21h35m54s34.png
426KB, 640x480px
So uhhh, I just finished Godmars. All 64.

Do people not finish because of the slow pacing after episode 25 or they just went like "Oh i just never got around to finishing it"

This show is one hell of an emotional rollercoaster, I loved it.
>>
File: godmars-1.jpg (61KB, 461x700px) Image search: [Google]
godmars-1.jpg
61KB, 461x700px
>>15327243
>So uhhh, I just finished Godmars. All 64.
Holy shit, where did you find them? I lost my copy a while ago, and every torrent I've found has been deserted.

I've also watched the full series, and enjoyed it quite a bit. It took a while to find it's footing in the second arc, but honestly I still enjoyed it.

The final two or three episodes were so astonishingly bizarre.
>>
>>15327289
Ah you're in luck, Bakabt has the full series there.

And I agree, 2nd arc just felt so incredibly slow, but it was worth the wait since the last stretch was pretty powerful IMO.
>>
>>15327243
>This show is one hell of an emotional rollercoaster

Rollercoasters move faster than a few steps an hour, though.

It's not a bad show, for sure, but I'm probably never rewatching the whole thing because good fucking Christ it's as formulaic as an MotW but without the cool fight scenes. It could have been half as long without losing anything notable. Plus it had shit like the Rose Knight (BOY I WONDER WHO THAT MIGHT BE) and similar such things that got way too much damn focus.

Last two episodes are solid stuff though. Takeru charging into Hell to kill Zuul there and save Marg, and then killing Zuul in the world of the living and becoming god was great.
>>
>>15327370
>It's not a bad show, for sure, but I'm probably never rewatching the whole thing because good fucking Christ it's as formulaic as an MotW but without the cool fight scenes. It could have been half as long without losing anything notable.
Oh, absolutely. I want to redownload the series just to have it. I doubt I'll ever rewatch the whole thing.
>>
Glad to see positive comments on Godmars, its nice to talk about this series.
>>
>>15327405
It helps that it's God Mars and not the OVA, which was just fucking bad.

>hey let's make a God Mars OVA, sequel OVAs are doing pretty well right now
>sounds good to me! What about?
>Well, we'll make it a midquel, like The Last Red Shoulders. It'll be about Marg.
>Sure, Marg is great, the fans love him. His story could do well.
>And hey, let's put that cool redesign of Gaia and God Mars in, we never got a chance to fit them in even when we had the Marume make a fake God Mars.
>Awesome! So, what are we going to do?

>So let's make it a totally noncanon thing about Marg that retcons itself by being totally and entirely not within the bounds of the show, and have the new Gaia do literally nothing, and then not show the Five Gods, and then God Mars does literally fucking nothing even compared to the show, and the movie makes Rose look even worse than she did early in canon in terms of character, and all in all it's just a really shitty retelling of the Marg arc that's done much worse in much less time and loses literally everything important to that arc like Takeru getting the control mechanism to the Five Gods.

And that's what they fucking went with!
>>
>>15327243

Most people don't have bad enough taste to bother finishing it.
>>
File: 1357203126347.jpg (203KB, 708x847px) Image search: [Google]
1357203126347.jpg
203KB, 708x847px
>>15327243
I watched the entire thing on crunchyroll not too long ago. I consider it pretty much the quintessential late 70's/early 80's super robot show, rivaled only by the Nagahama trilogy. I fucking loved it, but I'm also a full-blown alcoholic who watches Asianese toy commercials from 20-30+ years ago so I wouldn't really consider my opinions to be an indicator of actual quality.
This dude's not wrong:
>>15327723

GAIIIAAAAA~
>>
It's still hard to believe that they actually rehashed the first arc as the second arc, just switching the cast around.

Aliens vs Humans > Plus vs Minus espers
Lets go attack Gishin > Lets go attack Marmelo
Zuul > Still Zuul..
>>
>>15327774
>I consider it pretty much the quintessential late 70's/early 80's super robot show

Wait, are we counting Braiger and Ideon in this?

Because whoa shit man, God Mars is many things, but better than Braiger and Ideon is not one of them. I've heard great things about Baldios too, but no point of comparison there since it's not subbed.
>>
>>15327802
>Zuul > Still Zuul
Because the Marmelo king (Gyron) is Zuul's puppet and he killed that king off at the end of the arc
>>
>>15327243
I tried growing a vagina to see if it would pick up my interest but I never got around to watching past episode 1. Maybe in the future when I get rid of some of my higher priority backlog.
>>
GM was really bad.
>hey, we have 6 robots and about the same number of main characters? Should we make like another Sentai team?
>Nope, just give everything to Mars, so that the rest of the team can be even more irrelevant than usual, while robots themselves can be even less important than usual. IT'S ALL ABOUT MARS, YO. GET IT?

And people give Layzner crap for having Kira-like protagonist.

First arc of GM was fine, really. Didn't need two more of these. Especially two bland and boring story arcs (what was the point of 2nd arc again? Why did they bring back Zul in the end?).

I guess it's not God Mazinger-level bad, but pretty mediocre on its own. Lack of proper budget didn't help.
>>
>>15328447
>God Mazinger
I saw nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>15327997
quintessential doesn't necessarily mean good
>>
I enjoyed it. I can't argue with most of the negatives that are mentioned, but at the end of the day I had fun. I admit that I found the complete lack of any Finisher/Hissatsu variety a tad irksome at first, but I got over it.

I think part of the reason I wound up enjoying it is that I had rock-bottom expectations going in and it wound up exceeding them most of the time.

Great soundtrack too, which helps.
>>
>>15333255
>I admit that I found the complete lack of any Finisher/Hissatsu variety a tad irksome at first, but I got over it.

Speaking of that, it bugs me that:

>God Mars uses God Fire without immediately going to the Mars Flash only when his attacks are all failing anyway or during Episode 2
>SRW doesn't even bother putting in most of the moves it did show off.
>>
>>15328952
I saw nothing right with it.
>>
Was was Mazinger Z the bad guy?
>>
>>15334048
Because this universe's version of Koji Kabuto is Takeru's captain, of course (same VA).
>>
File: Gundam0079-21 copiar.jpg (215KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam0079-21 copiar.jpg
215KB, 640x480px
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.