[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Toys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 5848884596446985560-account_id=1.jpg (1017KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
5848884596446985560-account_id=1.jpg
1017KB, 1600x1200px
>Picked these up at my local Goodwill. I'm new to Transformers, but I wanted to know what some of you fans think. Are these good toys, or are they complete shit? And if they're the latter, what would you recommend looking for?
>>
They're good if you enjoy them, and they're shit if you don't.

Who are you quoting?
>>
>>15327157
I was referring to extreme purists I had heard of on Reddit and some other places.
>>
>>15327198
oh okay

those are some neat robot toys

can you get better pics of the one of the left?
>>
>>15327210
Sadly no. My phone camera quality is piss-poor, so I apologize.
>>
>>15327121
First of all don't ever go to toy. They will post laughing frogs and shit on you for owning *products from specific company* or *toys unapproved by muh sekret club*
Second of all goddamn that's a shitty picture. Turn on some lights, use the flash, the focus, pose the toys you are photographing so they don't scream "I've been tossed onto the ground by someone who literally can't give a fuck"
>>
OP here, and I'm hearkening back to my previous question. I've heard that a lot of robot model kits--GunPla in particular--don't allow you to actually play with them like you would a Western action figure, due to the delicate construction and multitude of pieces. By "play," I don't mean anything in the way of horsing around; I mean something simple and fun, like knocking them down (gently) or just holding them and flying them around like a kid would.

Now I also know of these Robot Damashii figures which claim to be sturdier than your standard GunPla model kit. Are they in fact more like Western action figures in that respect, and are they easy on one's pocketbook? If not, can someone please recommend any sturdy mecha figures that are....I don't wanna say "cheap," but not likely to burn a hole in my wallet.
>>
>>15327303
>gunpla is delicate and can't be played with
>like knocking them down (gently) or just holding them and flying them around like a kid would.
I can't give you much insight on that as I seriously doubt your idea of "gentle, simple and fun playing"
>are Robot Spirits affordable
Depends on your definition on "easy on one's pocketbook"
Your standard could be $9.99 superman with five joints total from walmart or higher end figures with decent sculpt and numerous accessories.
Go on Amazon and look it up, sort by price, is that so hard?
>>
>>15327121
Robot on the left is a little lacking, on account that he seems to be missing his shoulder doors. The robot on the right is fine even if he's incomplete as he suffices as a pretty good action figure. He's actually capable of a centaur-ish mode.

As for what I'd recommend, it depends on your budget and aesthetic tastes. Can you give a sample of what kind of mecha designs you like?
>>
>>15327303
If you like Gundams and want cheap yet sturdy stuff, then try to look for the old Mobile Suit in Action figures. They're readily available online and are relatively cheap. You can easily find quite a few that only cost between 500 to 1000 yen before shipping.
>>
This is such a weird fucking thread.
>>
>>15328416
I don't have any particular preference (again, new to Transformers as well as mecha in general), but I do like classic Mazinger designs, as well as Gurren Lagann, and Transformers.
>>
>>15327303
Depend on wich gunpla. The simple 1/144 tend to be relatively sturdy.

The GM line or genoace for exemple. The balls are also good. You can also glue on some of the piece who tend to fall off.
>>
>>15327121

Transformers toys are pretty fantastic. If you wanna get into robot toys, it's hard to do better. There's so much variety, so many characters, so many styles, and such a broad range of prices that it's a great choice -- if, in fact, collecting robot toys is something you want to do.

The one on the left is Camshaft, an Autobot from the 2008 movie line. (The one in your pic is horribly mis-transformed, obviously.)

http://www.tfu.info/2008/Autobot/Camshaft/camshaft.htm

The one on the right is Megatron in his Cybertronian (that is, not-Earthly altmode) incarnation, from the 2008 TF Animated line.

http://www.tfu.info/2008/Decepticon/VoyagerMegatron/megatron.htm

Both of the toys you have there are incomplete.
>>
>>15327303
Depends on category of GunPla kit. The High Grade HG kits are more toyetic and suitable for "play", you can give them to kids without any fear. I even heard certain joints and features deviate from the lineart in order to enhance durability. For example, antennae and wires might be thickened to prevent snappage.

So if you want a toy Gundam, feel free to buy an HG (usually go for ten to twenty smackers). Paint it or not, maybe attach pennies to the feet or small magnets to the interior of the armor, to add weight. Should be pretty playable.

That said, other classes of GunPla are perfectly poseable. But for the price, detail, and delicaye nature, I would recommend against 'playig' with ANY non-HG model kit.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.