[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it misunderstood like Ideon when that aired the first time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: GnoReconguista1.jpg (77KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
GnoReconguista1.jpg
77KB, 354x500px
Was it misunderstood like Ideon when that aired the first time?
>>
Its both overrated and over hated.

G Reco was a good anime but it was not the masterpiece some fans think it is and it was not garbage like the haters claim it to be.

The main criticism that G Reco's story was too confusing and complicated are wrong.The story was simple: Belri and company go to space to solve energy crisis on Earth, learn a warmonger is manipulating various factions into invading Earth and put a stop to the warmonger's plan.

I think that most of the hate for G Reco comes from fans who expected a dark story like Victory and got a fun space adventure instead.
>>
File: aueg bellri.jpg (299KB, 735x1020px) Image search: [Google]
aueg bellri.jpg
299KB, 735x1020px
is he an autistic child?
>>
But for the Gundam branding no one would've even given it the time of day. Especially this board, if it was a new mecha IP everyone would just call it shit.
>>
>>15326580
Its a Tomino show, top to bottom. It would be beloved by fans of King Gainer and Turn A for being very Tomino.
>>
It just failed at everything
>>
>>15326304
I think a lot of people would be less confused if it just had a short opening narration like 0079 or 00. I could keep track of the plot well enough, but because I was watching week to week some of the details started to get blurry.
>>
>>15326304
>I think that most of the hate for G Reco comes from fans who expected a dark story like Victory and got a fun space adventure instead.
I remember when it was first being announced and people here were talking it being the start of the Black History, and early episodes making everyone think the G Self was going to turn out to be pure evil in Gundam form.
>>
>>15326289
It's got real pacing issues and is generally not for everyone. Most people aren't gonna vibe with it, and that's totally reasonable.
It's headachingly dense and doesn't follow any real narrative structure, because it never intended to. People totally miss the point of this show because they expect a more conventional Gundam show that follows a defined story structure and fills the viewer in on critical background details about the setting right off the bat( the intro narration before the OP that explains the gist of how the One Year War started in 0079, etc.) G-Reco prefers to drop the viewer into all this shit with no background as to what the fuck we're watching because the whole thing is intended as a immersive portrait of a world thousands and thousands of years in the future that is fundamentally different than the one we know. It's a show that serves the setting, as opposed to the setting being a backdrop for the story. As far as detailed, fascinating worldbuilding goes, G-Reco does a fucking phenomenal job crafting a world which is totally, utterly alien to anyone living on 21st century Earth, and that's basically the whole point. In that respect, G-Reco's a great show. But as far as the story itself goes as we're shown directly( as opposed to the myriad other relevant events happening offscreen that are mentioned once or twice, or even only ever implied), it's an absolute clusterfuck. When you have to watch every episode twice just to understand what's happening on a BASIC level , you know it's got serious problems that are going to make most people drop it. I don't think the whole thing was misunderstood so much as niche as fuck and too rushed to tell a story coherently, so it ends up being a sort of window into a hypothetical distant future that is realistically foreign to the experiences of anybody alive today. It was like if Tomino penned Xam'd, but as part fictional travelogue.
>>
Every week there is the same G-Reco bait threads with same images. /m/ is like the manlets, never learn.
>>
>>15327055
Tomino is basically "plausible alien travelogue: the director". He has a very good idea of how people act and live, but absolutely no use for how humans have told bigger-than-life stories since at least Homer or the Three Kingdoms.

Working with Yas, who condensed all of that into literal epic, was the best thing that happened to either of them.
>>
>>15327067
Would you explain that in more detail?
>>
>>15326934
Isn't G-Reco set in the CC AFTER Turn A?
>>
File: IMG_5222.jpg (112KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5222.jpg
112KB, 720x480px
>>15327066
I may be wrong but this thread seems pretty civil, people posting valid points and explaining their views was rather rare after g-reco ended.

Also I'm getting F91 vibes from the show now, knowing both were rushed productions that gave us but a glimpse into an era of this UC universe. Here's hoping Tomino or someone else make more entries (manga, light novel or just anything) further exploring both
>>
>OP gave me the impression that the show would be about confronting political problems with robots harnessing the power of spicy latin dancing
>There are no robots doing spicy latin dances

Why even give the opening a song that spicy if there is no sexy latin beats in these robots
>>
>>15329180
I don't think it really matters.
>>
>>15331535
Adults and their lies.
>>
>>15329180
All we know that it's set far after UC, the Turn A doesn't even get mentioned at all. It could be before or after.
>>
>>15329180
At the time the Reguild Century was advertised as being before Correct Century. There was a lot of confusion going around.
>>
>>15326304
>who expected a dark story like Victory
Victory wasn't a dark story, but dark stuff happened in it.
I found the end of it all and the feelings it brought across to be of the most hopeful in the franchise, to be honest
>>
>>15326289
Its an attempt at making a Gundam show for young children, but it fails at that.
>>
>>15326289
I think Reco just get hated on way more than it should be.
It's a good show, but I wouldn't call it the savior of anime masterpiece that other anons were saying it was.
>>
>>15329180
Basically it goes like this, there are 3 reasons leading to the timeline confusion.
1.Japs do not care about continuity, this is why stuff like Kingdom Hearts can have 60+ entries and no one over there cares much about consistency.
2.G-reco was said to be 3000 years after the UC
3.In a random conference Tomino answered a question regarding it and he says it takes place 500 years after turn A.

I honestly feel that Tomino was just spouting whatever was in his mind, the guy's like 70 something and I doubt he's always there at this point.
The other possibility is that UC really did happen 2500 years before Turn A and the dark history was that bad, but this would also mean UC is not the first timeline and that something must've happened before UC that was so bad they forgot how to make Mobile suits.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.