[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Symphonic Psalm Eureka Seven High Evolution

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 32

File: eureka 7 movie reboot.jpg (195KB, 800x376px) Image search: [Google]
eureka 7 movie reboot.jpg
195KB, 800x376px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzfVIGs1w6Q
>>
>>15324095
Did Eureka Seven really need the REbuild treatment? Or is Bones that strapped for cash and fully aware that the last movie and AO crashed whatever potential it had as a franchise into the ground?
>>
>>15324115

I know the movie was like a weird meta-comentary on Anime Compilation Movies and how the characters not wanting to rapidly age to death was some deep musing on otaku not wanting things to change, but what was AO about other than a retcon gun and the truth being a secret that turns into the end
>>
NEEDS
MORE
FLOW
>>
>>15324128
>but what was AO about

DEWEY WAS RIGHT
>>
>>15324115
The Rebuild comparison isn't deserved until the writers just stop trying two movies in and do whatever in place of trying to actually build a new continuity. And they turn Anemone into a catgirl.
>>
>>15324128
> know the movie was like a weird meta-comentary on Anime Compilation Movies and how the characters not wanting to rapidly age to death was some deep musing on otaku not wanting things to change

I really wish anime would stop trying to explain away its faults and failings as being metacommentary, or worse yet actually attempting metacommentary in earnest.

If I go out to eat, I don't want to be served a salt brick covered in raw eggs and be told that its a commentary on the conflicting nature of the need for preservation of food for consumption vs the effect that has on the food we consume. Motherfucker, just give me something that tastes good. I don't need my meal to be 'deep' or to insult me for wanting to eat it, I came here for some goddamn food.
>>
story for new movie project

【ストーリー】
10年前、世界を揺るがせた大事件「ファースト・サマー・オブ・ラブ」が起こった。
そこで父アドロックを失った息子のレントンは今、辺境の街ベルフォレストで塔州連合軍軍学校に通っていた。英雄と讃えられる亡き父。なにもない単調な毎日。レントンにとって自分の身の回りにあるすべてが息苦しかった。
そんなレントンの前に、世界最古のLFOニルヴァ―シュが突如姿を現す。そのコクピットから姿を現したのはエウレカだった。レントンとエウレカの、必然と偶然の間で揺れる出会い。それこそが人類と異種知性体スカブコーラルの未来の始まりだった。レントンとエウレカの旅路は、果たしてどこに行き着くのか!

注)LFO(Light Finding Operation)作中で使われる民間用の人型機械
>>
>>15324115
>Or is Bones that strapped for cash
E7 isn't even their most successful property if they were strapped for cash we would be seeing more FMA instead.
>>
>>15324166
It's their most successful Pachinko franchise if anything.
>>
>>15324095
What god did we piss off for this to keep happening?
>>
I hope this isn't JUST an HD Eureka 7.
>>
>>15324181
Eureka's wearing a flight suit. It's all good.
>>
>>15324150
Using google translate like a genius

【Story】
10 years ago, a major incident that shook the world "First Summer of Love" happened.
My son, Renton, who lost his father Adlock, has now attended Tower State Allied Army School in the border town of Belfort. A deceased father who is praised as a hero. There is nothing monotonous everyday. For Renton, everything around me was stuffy.
In front of such Renton, the world's oldest LFO Nirvasu suddenly appears. It was Eureka who appeared from the cockpit. Renton and Eureka encounter that shakes between inevitable and chance. That was the beginning of the future of human beings and the Heterogeneous Intelligence Scub Coral. Where will the journey of Renton and Eureka end?

Note) For human-type machine for private use used in LFO (Light Finding Operation)
>>
>>15324149
>food analogy
>>
>YELLOW NIRVASH
>end of Eureka AO new clips with TRUTH turning NIRVASH into yellow
All connected
>>
>>15324213
>YELLOW NIRVASH

It's a gold Devilfish flying alongside the original silver one
>>
File: maurice materlinck.jpg (155KB, 822x1000px) Image search: [Google]
maurice materlinck.jpg
155KB, 822x1000px
>we'll be getting more of these little shits
Fuck, at least just keep it Maeter only like in the novels and retcon the other two shits.
>>
>>15324194
Isn't that just the story of the tv version?
>>
>>15324095
Why?
>>
>>15324238
yes but this is going to be like groundhog day and renten and eureka are aware of everything that happened before
>>
>>15324288
Where does it say that?
>>
>>15324296
just a guess desu
>>
>>15324300
I want to be hopeful but given that this is Bones, it's more likely to assume they'd do the thing nobody wants.
>>
>>15324095
Who made those portraits? Yoshida? That guy is fucking genius.
>>
>>15324306
I just like the idea of renten and eureka waking up in their child bodies just before the first show, aware of everything, and set out to write every wrong.
and also, break the ice way sooner in private because they both remember everything
>>
>>15324324
How will they right the wrong of trapar being toxic to Coralian/Human hybrids?
>>
>>15324095
>Eureka Seven: We really fucking loved Muv-Luv and Fafner edition
>>
File: Untitled.png (639KB, 1210x655px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
639KB, 1210x655px
>>15324334
by making sure more then half the planet vanishes this time
they will stop dewey, because he was stupid enough to awaken the scub, however then they'll aquire quartz and erase it for good, finishing the job their faggot son couldn't
then, they'll have their daughter, the one who was stillborn, and renten will just cum on eurekas leg instead of having AO
>>
【Staff】
General Director: Takumi Sato / Character Design: Kenichi Yoshida
Original
Work : BONES Director: Hisatoshi Shimizu / Main Mechanic Design: Masaharu Kawamori /
Conceptual Design: Kazuki Miyatake Design Works: Shingo Takehara, Masatu Saito , Hiroshi Izubuchi, Shigeto Koyama
character animation director: Shigeru Fujita, Ayumi Kurashima / feats Director: Yasushi Muraki / mechanic animation Director: Shingo Abe
main animator: Hideki Kakita, Hidekazu Kaneko, Ken Otsuka, Kenta Yokoya, Nobuaki Nagano, Itoori Kudo
art Director: Nagai Kazuo / Artistic Director Yusashi Honjo
Color Design: Mizuta Nobuko / Editing: Kumiko Sakamoto Photography
Director: Toshiya Kimura / Acoustic Director: Kazuhiro
Wakabayashi Music: Naoki Sato / Insert Song: Hardfloor Animation Production
: Bonds
Production: Bandai Namco Entertainment, Bandai Visual, Hakuhodo DY Music & Pictures, Mainichi Broadcasting, Bonds
Distribution: Showgate
>>
File: eureka4.jpg (207KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
eureka4.jpg
207KB, 800x450px
yellow
>>
Genuinely don't know how to feel about this. The first movie was hot garbage, and AO was insulting. Dare I give Bones a third fucking chance?

I'll probably wait till people have already seen it. Which considering it's a movie in Japan works out nicely.
>>
File: 1484255134613.jpg (28KB, 510x346px) Image search: [Google]
1484255134613.jpg
28KB, 510x346px
I didn't need to wake up to this.
How about a fucking no, Bones?

At least they got Naoki Sato back, but the writer credit is mysteriously absent, AGAIN.

Jesus fucking Christ, not like this, not like this.
But at the very least it looks like Eureka.
>>
>>15324505
The comments by the staff seem to tacitly acknowledge the failing of the sequel and original movie, and a desire to create a work those who loved the original will love again.

I'm optimistic. That Sato is involved is a good sign imo, and points to them wanting to rekindle the magic of the OG series, which while not a HUGE sales smash, still is dearly loved by many.

the original E7 is btw the favorite original work of BONES studio founder Masahiko Minami, so I would bet he wants to salvage what AO destroyed.
>>
>>15324530
>At least they got Naoki Sato back
Oh boy...such an improvement
>>
>>15324530
Dai Sato who wrote the original is literally credited with the screenplay.
>>
>>15324540
>The comments by the staff seem to tacitly acknowledge the failing of the sequel and original movie
Nope.
>That Sato is involved is a good sign imo,
I sill find it fucking hilarious that retards believe that Sato is a good writer
>>
File: 1333137127646.gif (2MB, 316x213px) Image search: [Google]
1333137127646.gif
2MB, 316x213px
I should just ignore this, but something tells me I'll give it a chance against all reason anyway.
>>
>>15324541
Fuck off Chocobar, Naoki Sato is the music guy.

>>15324543
Eh. They'll fuck it up anyway somehow.
>>
>>15324540
Dai Sato has literally been behind nothing good its only E7fags who praise him because a lot of them don't know his track record.
>>
>>15324546
>wrote some of the best Bebop episodes
>wrote some of the best Shamploo episodes
>wrote some of the best GITS episodes
>Wrote E7
>Ergo Proxy while uneven had some fantastic episodes itself

Theres more than enough evidence to put him in the upper echelon of TV anime writers, even if not everything he's done is a home run and has done lots of work for hire schlock for capcom and such.
>>
>>15324540

Oh don't get me wrong, I fucking adore E7. I'm just... I watched the movie. I watched AO. I watched fucking Captain Earth.

Bones is like an abusive boyfriend who keeps saying "I can change baby". Yeah, when you have source material and a CLEAR ending, you make great shit. When you don't have those...
>>
>>15324559
>wrote some of the best Bebop episodes
Brain Scratch. The weakest fucking episode of Bebop
>wrote some of the best Shamploo episodes
This is an outright lie
>wrote some of the best GITS episodes
Also a fucking lie. Hell Sato was the weakest writer there
>Wrote E7
That's proving that he can't write for shit
>Ergo Proxy while uneven had some fantastic episodes itself
Nice meme

Really you just sound delusional
>>
File: Coolface.png (58KB, 657x600px) Image search: [Google]
Coolface.png
58KB, 657x600px
>return of Chocoboar
Fucking kill me slowly
Just kidding that autistic faggot never ever left
>>
File: plebians.jpg (15KB, 221x207px) Image search: [Google]
plebians.jpg
15KB, 221x207px
>>15324559
>Jamming With Edward
>Bohemian Rhapsody
>Brain Scratch
>anywhere close to the best episodes
>>
Someone please explain to me what this whole alternate end to AO is. I watched AO when it aired and was put off by the lack of an ending. I look over at /a/ and I see this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZttnYNZ-6fY

What the fuck is that? I do not remember that at all.
>>
>>15324577
>hating Ed

No soul.
>>
>Defending Dai Sato

He fucking wrote that abortion live action Casshern movie.
>>
>>15324355
What is this screenshot from? The movie?
>>
>>15324095
It has to be better than AOL, right?

>>15324581
It was better than both Matrix sequels put together.
>>
>>15324578
Brand new "Final Episode" that just "aired" over the last few weeks. Retcons the ending of AO.
>>
>>15324621

Has it been subbed? I am having trouble finding it.
>>
>>15324639
As far as I'm aware, not yet.
>>
>>15324651

So like the MJP movie. Man... I wish there was an /m/subbing group.
>>
File: 1397281347394.jpg (208KB, 700x1018px) Image search: [Google]
1397281347394.jpg
208KB, 700x1018px
>>15324234
Why can't we just get a direct sequel, something like Eureka Zeta?

The show had so much world building and one could easily write an engaging story about the different factions of the world and how they attempt to colonize the now uncovered earth.
>>
>>15324667
God you have no idea how much I'd kill for that.

>>15324656
Or this.
>>
>>15324667
>could easily write an engaging story about the different factions of the world and how they attempt to colonize the now uncovered earth.
In hindsight it's funny how I'm realizing how xenophobic E7's ending was.
Basically the humans kick the aliens off their planet because fuck you spaceniggers.
But Renton gets to keep one as a wife.
>>
>>15324677
Well they literally couldn't co-exist together in full because it warps physics, it's not like they had a choice, sorry, the room is full guys! Plus, the coralians make the choice to leave for another world themselves. You can't really push them around. Dewey tried.
>>
>>15324355
I wanna cum on eureka's leg....
>>
>>15324677

Just like half of them tho

>>15324667

Better yet, pull a Logos and start from scratch with a whole new continuity.
>>
>>15324578
Shit, thanks Anon, I thought it finished with D-part.
>>
>>15324818

I just found out about it myself. I still have no idea what's going on.
>>
>>15324824
Ao goes around time and space fixing things so that the people he loved are happier. In return, the new world's Generation Bleu causes a Scub Burst to send him back to his original world. The world he appears in is still different from his original world, but it's treated as if he returned home for some reason. Though that's not surprising, since we're talking about Eureka Seven AO, the show that has no internal consistency at all when it comes to alternate timelines/alternate dimensions/time travel.

It's pretty much there just to give Ao a happy ending where he can finally fuck Fleur.
>>
>>15324849
Too late, in that world she already slept with me.

OH SNAP
>>
>>15324319
No, it's his disciple, Ayumi Kurashima.
>>
>>15324095
>Two Devilfish
>Eureka appears in her killer mode from the anime's flashbacks
>Characters get pointless redesigns when their old designs still hold up

I'm not even sure how to feel about this.
>>
Dai Sato is like the Beatles.

Throw enough shit at a wall, and some of it is bound to stick.
>>
>>15324568
>Nice meme
Ergo Proxy was fucking great you halfwit
>>
File: 6cwwiv4.png (375KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
6cwwiv4.png
375KB, 720x540px
>>15324095
>Eureka going full commando.
>Different LFOs fighting the Scub.
>No sight of Renton but we do see his father.

I take it the first movie is about the events before Eureka 7 takes place?
Which would be cool. I mean, we could get to see the merc couple alongside the Gekkostate captain again.

It could mean we get to peek past the events of the series in the third movie as well.

Just don't fuck this up like everything else ever made in the franchise, BONES. Pretty please?
>>
>>15324306
They should just adapt finished things and animate for other people, their chances of making good original IPs on their own are like 1% at best.

At least the movies shouldn't take an eternity to make, like the Rebuilds.

>>15324667
Would be neat if there was a time skip at some point, although it would probably be in an epilogue anyways.

>>15325007
Considering how the first Battle Spirits turned out, it must have been a fluke.
>>
The question is, will be worse than AO and Pocket Full of Rainbows?
>>
>>15324095
Bones should just go back to Sunrise and be Studio 2 again.
>>
>>15325068
>Ergo Proxy was fucking great
You're about the only person who believes this. All the other Ergo Proxyfags died from suffocating from putting their heads up their asses
>>
>>15324095
No, please, let it die.
Why do they have to overkill e7 fans 5 times over?
>>
File: 1353521920154.jpg (112KB, 690x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1353521920154.jpg
112KB, 690x1050px
>>15324677
>>15324681
and then the scub start jumping reality to reality, and each time they ruin that universe

(the movie ws the universe they jumped too at the end of the show, which they proceed to destroy, only for renten to find the corpses of himself and eureka from that timeline in AO)
>>
File: 3.png (825KB, 1223x644px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
825KB, 1223x644px
>>15325077
ray and charles are clearly in it btw
>>
>>15324334
By saying AO was a just a bad trip thanks to Moondoggie giving them bad shrooms
>>
>>15324541
The only thing I remember from this is the literally absent budget
>>
>>15324656
Differently from MJP no one actually wants to sub this though
>>
I kind of want to see what the redesigned Nirvash is going to look like. All the LFOs look like they got Katoki'd.
>>
>>15324234
>that one lolita channel picture of Eureka and them
>>
>>15324577
That's not how you spell plebeians. Is the joke supposed to be the filename? It's not funny because you're not using it ironically.
>>
>>15324166
Bones doesn't own FMA.
>>
>>15325788
Guess what? They don't own E7 either
>>
>>15325793
E7 is a bones original production.
>>
>>15325802
...That's own by Bandai
>>
>>15325802
And its own and distributed by Bandai you stupid fuck. Any chance you want to stop embarrassing yourself be free to.
>>
>>15325806
Based on what? Bones and "Project Eureka Movie" are the only copyright owners listed in that trailer.
>>
>>15325802
>E7 is a bones original production.
That's owned by Bandai Visual. No studio processes sole property of their works unless you're Toei who just so happens to also be the main distributor for their properties.
>>
>>15325808
>Based on what?
http://www.eureka-prj.net/
>Bandai
>Bones and "Project Eureka Movie" are the only copyright owners listed in that trailer.
Project Eureka Movie is the name of the commite dumbass which includes Bandai.
>>
>>15324095
>Bones on a movie budget
Well if they fuck up the story again at least it'll look pretty.
>>
>>15325818
Committee for the movie. That doesn't mean they own the franchise itself, just that they own a stake in the movie.
>>
>>15325846
>That doesn't mean they own the franchise itself,
They do own the franchise dumbass. They've distributed every installment and funded it. Hell the only reason we keep getting more of this shit is because of Kyoda not because BONES needs it.
>>
Remember that time TheEND was in the basement for no raisin and when it finally appeared, it was 5 seconds of being destroyed by something else, and no one ever brought it up? Good times.
>>
>>15325962
Remember when E7faggots weren't asspained crybabbies because they didn't get Eureka Seen Destiny? Shit sucked.
>>
>>15324234
Since it's a compilation, I have hope they'll be written out entirely.
>>
>>15324095
I still haven't watched the movie.

At this point I don't even konw if its worth.

I enjoyed the first series and AO but rarely remember anything at all.

I know movie is a retale but was the movie lot different than the original series?
>>
>>15326203
The common advise was to stay away from the movie if you didn't want it to ruin the taste of the show, but now with AO and a new movie its worth a watch just to know how bad it can get.
>>
>>15326203
I didn't even think the movie was that bad. It was pretty clear that it wasn't the same universe as the series, but as an alternate retelling with similar themes. AO on the other hand...
>>
>>15324095

could care less about this as long as naoki sato is doing the ost
>>
How do we fix AO?
>>
>>15326340
AO takes the movie and old show in a new context, showing the scub as an inter dimensional cancer ending every universe they show up in
>>
>>15326364
write it off since it was technically a time loop and forget it was a thing, and since even in the first show they established multiple realities, continue with eureka and renten and ignore any of the shit from AO
>>
>>15326364
It already fixed itself by retconning itself, lol
>>
>>15324375
who pilots the golden Devilfish?

Renton's dad?
>>
>>15325068
This is true.
>>15325155
This is not true.
>>
>>15326922
They could use Summer as a pilot for the other Devilfish.
The cfs was created using his combat data anyways.
Or it could be Mattiew.
>>
>>15326364
Do what that other anon said and make it about humans living on earth again and all the different factions trying to colonize it.
These factions could be a reformed federation, Dewey remnants, The Vodarac, and maybe a faction of misfits that acts like gekkostate that formed after being inspired by Renton and Eureka who became the new heroes of their world the same way Renton's dad was.

If the first series'world war faces with an extra terresstrial struggle the sequel could focus on human conflict.
Gekkostate saved the world from scubs, but there's still people behind the scenes who would use this to their advantage.
>>
File: Eureka Seven CD cover cuteness.jpg (322KB, 1078x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Eureka Seven CD cover cuteness.jpg
322KB, 1078x1000px
I know I shouldn't be hopeful after AO although I liked the first E7 movie but I gotta say, I'm fairly hyped.

E7 has always had a special place in my heart, so good or bad I'm going to watch regardless.
>>
>>15326364
Just do what I do, and pretend it doesn't exist.

What were we talking about?
>>
File: eureka seven milff.png (657KB, 600x822px) Image search: [Google]
eureka seven milff.png
657KB, 600x822px
As much as I hated AO, it did give us MILF Eureka, a miracle of the universe.
>>
>>15327458
>Eureka hiding amongst racist japs so that Aoi could live and grow up.

Literally bad end.
>>
>>15327478
>Suffers a stillbirth
>Can't live with Renton because he's stuck in a different dimension
>Can't be with her son because xenophobia and time fuckery

Bad end indeed. But she was a total qt as a mom, and as a bonus we got GINGA BISHOUNEN, dimension-hopping Renton.
>>
File: eureka seven eureka pregnant.jpg (385KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
eureka seven eureka pregnant.jpg
385KB, 640x960px
More MILF Eureka
>>
>>15327458
Bellri a cute.
>>
>>15327458
>>15327504
Ironically she was the only character that acted like a human being in AO. Everybody else acted like fucking aliens.
>>
File: eureka seven eureka ao and noah.jpg (175KB, 623x798px) Image search: [Google]
eureka seven eureka ao and noah.jpg
175KB, 623x798px
>>15327522
It makes sense, kind of.

She was the same girl who'd seen (and commuted) violent murders, as well as beautiful love and the discovery of the Earth and whatnot. She just wanted the best for her kid, especially after a traumatic event like a still birth. In a way, she was easy.

The rest of the characters in AO have no excuse, though, and I don't understand how they were written the way they were.
>>
>>15327522
As badly as AO dropped the ball, the one thing it never fucked with was Eureka's character. Even Kenichi Yoshida himself worked on nearly every episode with her in it just to make sure. Almost as if she was held sacred to the staff unlike everything else the show messed with.
>>
>>15327717
You gotta understand anon, eureka wasn't made to be a waifu, she was made to be a daughteru.

The most sacred of all forms of 2D.
>>
>>15324095
>more Eureka Seven
>1080p
>2017 Bones 2d robot animation
I can't fucking wait, but I hope they don't fuck it up.

Also is all of the AO story out and (fan)subbed yet? I haven't visited /m/ in a month.
>>
One thing I think AO did well is that it changed an abstract fantasy/sci-fi setting into a Japan setting without anything weeb-tier happening as a result of it. The only remotely Japanese culture we saw was Gazelle's gang's family, and that had it's place. Elena was kind of a shit character, but at least she had a personality disorder an appropriate character development.

Just imagine if Ao was a normal Tokyo middle school student who goes to cram school?
>>
https://youtu.be/5T9Yygju9IY
>>
File: 1389728740043.jpg (10KB, 255x284px) Image search: [Google]
1389728740043.jpg
10KB, 255x284px
>>15327858
>>
>>15326922
Who else but Dewey? The gold colour fits, and Dewey seemed familiar with it when Holland dragged out his one. I'm really liking how we're getting to see the more conceptual stages of LFO development, like those guys with boards on their back. As we know the oldest LFO, the Nirvash, is only as old as Eureka, which was no more than 20 years before the original series started, likely closer to 10. Was Eureka a legal loli? The only odd thing is that the first LFO happened to be the winning design, and all the other concepts never took off, including Charles and Ray's models. But I think some of this is from the design of the archetype itself. A Nirvash or Monsoono archetype would never fit in a Terminus thin body, so I guess there's some defining factors that make different companies use different archetypes. But the most interesting thing to me is the story behind the Nirvash Type: The End, and why it's almost identical to the Type: Zero but has only a single seat(?) space. Maybe it's some sort of clone? They are technically alive.
>>
>>15327848
Man I dunno, I'd prefer cram school to Okinawan separatism propaganda. Also, Elena quoted fucking Madoka.
>>
>>15327865
cute
>>
>>15324234
One of the many faults of AO was that we never saw these kids grown up and helping their "parents" out.
>>
File: Eureka Seven Float.png (314KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
Eureka Seven Float.png
314KB, 600x750px
>>15327717
>As badly as AO dropped the ball, the one thing it never fucked with was Eureka's character. Even Kenichi Yoshida himself worked on nearly every episode with her in it just to make sure. Almost as if she was held sacred to the staff unlike everything else the show messed with.

Eureka is a miracle of the universe who deserves only the best. She's Yoshida's most wonderful creation
>>
>>15326375

What if there was a supervirus that was killing those people and the scub were just trying to fix them
>>
File: LFO.jpg (281KB, 1620x900px) Image search: [Google]
LFO.jpg
281KB, 1620x900px
Have more OC, from the jap site.
>>
Is AO really that bad? I've always been afraid to watch it because I really loved E7 when I saw it.
>>
>>15331380
No it's not that bad. But it pales in comparison to the original. If you want more cool robots then there's only one decent design and it's literally a copy of the Nirvash, and the main character is even younger than Renton and lacks the same depth of character progression. There isn't a ship of the scale of the Gekko, nor is there many cool merc vibes, but it's still fun in it's own right. I don't think it ruins the original, it's stand-alone enough not to, but it's apparently temporally impossible and the ending is really quite the "fuck you". I'd probably wait a few years if you're willing just to see if it get's retconned by the new series. It probably won't because of the new pachinko merchandising episode(s), but you never know.

Does anyone know if there's a name for the typically mecha subgenre where the characters are travelling the world on a big ship or something? Like Eureka Seven, Last Exile, Mars Daybreak, and I guess some of Macross also fits into that category.
>>
>>15331411
>>15331380
But if you enjoyed the original as much as I did, then it won't matter how bad you think AO is because you're dying for more content. I've only rewatched it like twice in comparison to 8+ of the original, but it still makes for a cool story every now and then. Not to mention chill Okinawa vibes.
>>
>>15331380
It's not great, but it isn't as bad as its made out to be, they even released a ova recently that made the shitty ending happier.
>>
>>15331421
Is it fully subbed?
>>
>>15331142
holy shit that's the devilfish.
I'm guessing the last scenes of the movie will include Holland witnessing Ardok saving the world.
>>
>>15331771
I thought the other devilfish would be piloted by Dewey, but you may well be right here. No idea what the fancy glowing shit is, the red could be a CFS glow, maybe it's part of the space elevator in the capital? If that is Adroc then either they're retconning the original Adroc stopping the world from being fucked in the Nirvash way back when he disappeared, or he did some other undisclosed important shit with Holland before all that went down. I'm hyped for the second, but it is plausible that it's Dewey instead. Actually on looking at the footage, Adroc's gun strap thing is above his head, so I'm guessing they go into space, trajectory flight or not.
>>
>>15331411
>Does anyone know if there's a name for the typically mecha subgenre where the characters are travelling the world on a big ship or something?
X'amd, Orguss and Xabungle also fits that theme. And if we're including space-travel as well, most of Gundam fits that bill, as does stuff like Geneshaft and Heroic Age and... most mecha shows, actually.
>>
>>15332220
But more specifically the ones I'm referring to involve the ship exploring and visiting interesting locations. You know, active worldbuilding or whatever. One of the most interesting things about E7 in the first place is that they visit these strange and wonderful locations, and the characters' reactions to these locations made for effective character development. The harder, Gundam-style take on this tends to have war themes instead of exploration ones, but I'll try those suggestions.
>>
>>15331573
Not yet I think.
>>
>>15331797
>he did some other undisclosed important shit with Holland before all that went down.
Well Holland was dating gis daughter around this time, so I wouldn't be surprised of he and Ardok had a relationship with each other that this movie could explore.
>>
>>15333221
I'm pretty sure Holland started dating Diane after adroc had already vanished.
>>
>>15333233
Yes this is true.
>>
>>15332414
Yeah that's present in most mecha anime. All E7 did was rip off most mecha there was nothing unique about it but since you're such a newhsit you honestly believe the shit you spout
>>
>>15334052
New or not, it's the exploration aspect that I'm after, and its accompanying cozy chill vibes.
>>
>>15334232
Maybe try Mobile Suit Gundam?
>colonies
>people born on colonies' reaction to visiting Earth
etc
>>
>>15334232
Vifam? Star Trek? Sasuraiger's based on Around the World in 80 Days, but I don't think it's been subbed yet.
>>
>>15334232
Goldran, though world hopping only happens halfway through.
>>
>>15334232
Yeah, definitely check out Xam'd, it's from the same guys that did E7. And most of Nadia's also like that. And some of Dunbine.
>>
>>15334274
>>15334291
>>15334298
>>15334337
Thanks for the suggestions, good to see others lurking.
>>
>>15334376
I'm late but Gundam x may be what you're looking for its pretty much Gundam eureka seven but better.

Old and hard to find though since it never got a western release, but it's in my top 3 anime.
>>
>>15334654
I don't think X is as close to Eureka 7 as some people say >>15334654, but the first half of the show does focus in standalone arcs in separate locations, with no broad conflict overshadowing everything else.
>>
>>15334665
It's pretty close I'm, more focused and less of a romance and more mech action but it's still very similar, I liked Garrod and Tifa better than Renton and Eureka although I still like both.
>>
How hard is Renton going to be abused in this one?
>>
>>15334711
Well, it seems to be placed before he got involved in all this.
You know, "I live an ordinary, boring life..." or something along those lines as the original series painted it.
>>
>>15334757
The PV covers only the First Summer of Love but the movies are the Rebuild of the TV series, so yeah Renton is gonna get abused by the Gekko's hippies
>>
>>15324095
So basically, they're copying the Revuild of Evangelion formula for a quick buck. This is going to suck.
>>
>>15334795
>for a quick buck
No its just Kyoda not wanting to let go. Truth be told nobody have been clamoring for more E7 and the very fact that they're telling us a story nobody ask to be told is proof that he's just scraping to the bottom of the barrel to stay relevant.
>>
>>15334831
>Truth be told nobody have been clamoring for more E7

Just ask the Japanese.
They wouldn't start adding extension episodes to pachinko machines if no one over there gave a hoot about the story.
>>
>>15334851
>Just ask the Japanese.
Hilariously enough when AO was airing most people have stated they had not even seen the original including the new VAs. The franchises' longstanding "popularity" seems to be exaggerated.

>They wouldn't start adding extension episodes to pachinko machines if no one over there gave a hoot about the story.
What? All panchinko machines have that shit. Remember Rinne no Lagrange? It too had a panchinko exclusive last episode AND WE ALL KNOW HOW WELL THAT SHOW DID. Apparently that final episode AO had been done for two years yet BONES was sitting on it until the Pachinko offer came through
>>
>>15334851
>They wouldn't start adding extension episodes to pachinko machines if no one over there gave a hoot about the story.
That's just a regular thing with panchislots it doesn't mean anything since even failures such as pic related got new episodes. BONES already had the last episode completed before the panchislot deal came about and they couldn't think of an excuse as to when to air it.
>>
>>15334895
>>15334915
We heard you the first time
>>
>>15331411
>>15331418
The real problem, for me, was the teasing and the way it shit on the themes of the original show. On top of that, it feels like something of a "lesser" show

All the various shoutouts could have been cool, had they not hinged on shoving Renton and Eureka in, but then not doing much with them besides (and this ties into point two) shitting all over the ending and the themes of the first.

It had good music (less than the original), it had good art/animation (although, because of the fact that the mechs were less advanced, the fights were a lot less fun), the characters were fun (none, however, being nearly as memorable as the E7 cast), and finally, while the original also had different realities and shit, AO went full retard (alternate realities, alternate timelines, retcon guns, etc.). Overall, lesser than the original.

>E7: humans and coralians can live together if they try hard
>AO: Fuck you, the scub still kills people unwillingly, and the physical representation of the connection between humans and coralians can literally not exist
>>
File: xamd.jpg (37KB, 450x365px) Image search: [Google]
xamd.jpg
37KB, 450x365px
Wish we were getting another season of xam'd instead.
>>
File: E7 AO.jpg (586KB, 1700x2450px) Image search: [Google]
E7 AO.jpg
586KB, 1700x2450px
>>15335210
It did shit on the original themes, but I don't think that means it isn't enjoyable, nor does it make the original less enjoyable. They both have their place, and that's not being in the same canon or ever compared if yo want to appreciate them.

I thought Eureka's appearance in AO was fine, it wasn't some last-minute asspull like Renton's appearance, though her character's motivation was pretty weak.

They both had easily enough of a good soundtrack that I don't particularly care which one is better. I didn't think the original, pre-retcon time travel took away from the story. If only they replaced the retcon gun with a big "hiroshima" button, everything would have been fine. At least the "quartz" thing made sense, though it not appearing in the original series at all does take away from the plausibility of it all. Maybe it was a friendly distraction from the almost complete lack of real-robot battles, but the convoluted timeline certainly made for interesting character development on Ao's part. While I'm not opposed to monster-of-the-week battles, I just wish they'd have put a little more thought into the secrets. It was never really clear if they had a hive mind or not, because they fought each other at one point, and suddenly being able to negotiate with them did fuck with the plot a little.

I don't think the scubs were consciously attacking humans, wasn't the whole coral carrier debate never really solved? Naru fucked shit up with Truth and this might have had an effect, but we never got the impression that the scubs had a control cluster. It was Renton's decision that Dewey was right because he was the one killing scubs, and Ao's decision that this was wrong. This is where the timeline fucks up because I'm not sure if the scubs landing in the 2000s from the 12000s are having an effect on Renton's future, or if he's part of a different world line. Since he's able to jump to and from them, it's linear.

Have a phone wallpaper.
>>
>>15334895
Are they ever going to sub it?
>>
>>15335045
I only posted this >>15334915 just pointing out that getting a panchiko deal isn't a huge accomplishment since everyone gets them.
>>
>>15335636
The idea that Renton's present suddenly changed once they sent scubs back in time is false unless they retcon the original, but so is the notion that it wasn't effected at all unless a great purge is carried out sometime between the 2000s and the 12000s. Though it is possible that they just fall asleep a little earlier.

From what little we see of the future the world is tearing itself a new one, and while I don't think that's because of the retcon gun because of continuity, It also probably isn't the scubs jumping back to the 12000s to flee the assault of the secrets because we don't see Renton facing any secrets. We don't see Renton face the secrets back in the 2000s, and while Eureka does seem familiar with the concept of removing the quartz, this is after she'd already been to a future where she'd taught them how to remove quartz. Kind of a strange loop.

Essentially it doesn't make sense, but ignoring the strange tautological time loops, it's because of shit going down in the future. Assuming the scubs fall asleep at different times depending on whether they travel back in time, there won't be any noticeable effect on the 12000s plotline, which makes sense until the future starts fucking up again.

I even fact checked against the wiki and it never explains why scub bursts start happening a bunch in the later 12000s. They better fix that in the new OVA.

AO also gave us a neat wallpaper.

>>15335781
Best bet is to look for fansubs, but if nobody's done it yet, I imagine we're going to have to wait for official subs, if they ever arrive. Fucking OVAs are always inconsistent, but usually there's nothing worth watching in them so I ignore them.
>>
>>15335333
Nah, Xam'd ended pretty great. I loved the show, despite its flaws, and I don't think it needs to get touched.

>>15334831
>telling us a story nobody ask to be told
>I speak for everyone
>>
File: 1481820682355.jpg (138KB, 1427x802px) Image search: [Google]
1481820682355.jpg
138KB, 1427x802px
>>15335210
>E7: humans and coralians can live together if they try hard
Do people who say this forget the fucking fact that the coralians killed off thousands of innocent humans during the final conflict and that the ending handwaved it entirely by having the Nirvash take half of them and then fucked off to another dimension in the most asspull out of left field writing flub because Kyoda wanted a happy ending? I mean there's no hint that the show stated that shit was going to be fine with them after making that decision and all AO does is enforced the hardships and showing that not everyone will agree with it by showing two sides of the argument. Its like asking "why do spacenoids still hate earthnoids in Zeta and ZZafter 0079". For as much flak AO gets and as much as a pass E7 gets for its own writing flubs I thought how they handled the scubs makes sense considering they came from another dimension. Won't even touch on the "Dewey Was Right" meme because that's just further proof that people were half asleep while watching the show.
>>
>>15335816
Yep I sure do remember all the people who wanted a prequel story of the First Summer of Love just as much as people wanted a sequel. Funny how people only say "nuh uh I did" when it gets announced and not before. When we get an Eva prequel that shows us how the Second Impact happens we'll be getting tons of jackasses like you saying they've been waiting for this for the longest.
>>
File: 1466629855393.jpg (51KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
1466629855393.jpg
51KB, 768x432px
>>15335816
>Nah, Xam'd ended pretty great
>>
>>15335857
Bittersweet endings are great, though.
>>
>>15335849
nobody wanted a Rebuild of Eureka Seven, get lost
>>
>>15335849
I wanted a sequel since the original airing.

Only, of course, one that actually fucking followed the characters I spent 50 episodes with.
>>
>>15335883
Nobody ever mentions it in the few threads we've had over the last year, but nobody says they don't want one. In any case it doesn't look bad.
>>
File: om1.jpg?w=490.jpg (57KB, 490x275px) Image search: [Google]
om1.jpg?w=490.jpg
57KB, 490x275px
>>15335878
Xam'd's ending, much like the show as a whole, was incredibly nonsensical.
>>
>>15335896
I've never seen anyone in these threads stated they wanted a Rebuild of Eureka Seven. E7 is just one of those shows that came and went with nobody really begging for more.
>>
>>15335836
>Do people who say this forget the fucking fact that the coralians killed off thousands of innocent humans during the final conflict
It was war. Humans had been digging up, digging through, and over-all fucking with the Coralians and the anti-bodies just as badly. At that time the "experiment" with Eureka seemed to have been a failure, at least from the Coralian side.

Neither side was innocent.
>>
with this writer there's no way this is going to be good besides the mech porn
>>
>>15335917
Finally someone with a brain in these threads. Dai Sato has never been a good writer at least Shou Aikawa has done good shows.
>>
>>15335897
Made sense to me at the time. I love Xam'd. For some reason the show hit every one of my check boxes and while I haven't watched it in years I still have good memories of it.
>>
>>15335935
You were probably just more impressionable back then.
>>
why do people think we're getting a new Nirvash design if the Devilfish looks the same?
>>
>>15335949
Always a possibility.

>>15335949
If they change what happens from movie 2 on (as it seems they will), we'll presumably get new Nirvash "evolutions" anyway - its/her(?) change always marked a new level in Renton and Eureka's relationship and whatnot.
>>
>>15335905
I know. I stated that I've never seen anyone say they didn't want one either, what are you trying to prove? I guess nobody had ever considered one being made after AO.
>>
>>15335897
You know how there's that one show that 's a representative of everything wrong with the studio that animates it? (Sunrise - Valvrave, Satelight - Kissdum, SHAFT - Mekakucity Actors, A-1 - Aldnoah.Zero, etc.) Yeah Xam'd is that to Bones since it hallmarks everyone's problems with their works and that ending was the cherry on top in fact I think that's where the term BONES ending originated from.
>>
>>15335966
>I stated that I've never seen anyone say they didn't want one either,
What the hell kind of logic is that? Usually people will say if they want a continuation or not if it merits one if they don't it means they were satisfied hence why you constantly see shows like Tiger and Bunny top "Shows people want a sequel to" polls due to demand. There was never a demand for more E7 hence why everything that's come after it were poorly received.
>>
>>15335969
>Xam'd is that to Bones
Not Captain Earth (or Show by Rock if we're including non /m/ works)
I haven't seen Xam'd, but if someone recommended it to me then it can't be as pointless as Captain Earth.
>>
>>15335985
Captain Earth is Enokido still trying to replicate Utena for the third time, the show is just a great big pile of nothing but hardly offensive compared to their other works and its tropes are more connected to Endokido than Bones itself.
>>
>>15335977
I was referring to on /m/. If Bones released a survey of what series people would like a sequel to and included E7 on that list, then I bet it would get somewhere in the charts. My point is that since nobody mentions it often it isn't really on peoples' mind. Besides, this series being a prequel of sorts does open its audience up to first-time viewers, and there's always a market for that regardless of demand.
>>
File: 1486098665058.jpg (10KB, 288x232px) Image search: [Google]
1486098665058.jpg
10KB, 288x232px
No joke, I fucking HATED Eureka Seven AO but for some reason I really really liked the ending ended considering how poetic it was for Renton and Eureka to mirror the tragic lives of Charles and Ray.
>>
I didn't think AO and the movie were that bad

movie still made me angry at the deaths of the crew members in the hangar
>>
File: bg.jpg (223KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bg.jpg
223KB, 1920x1080px
So who pilots the golden Devilfish? Dewey or Adroc?
>>
>>15336026
I saw the movie too soon after re(re)watching the original, and it just felt terrible from all the reused, doctored footage.
>>
>>15336038
I don't think Dewey and Holland were close enough at that point, but it's easily possible that this is just a result of Holland finding out what the military were really doing back when he ran away with Eureka. Adroc also looks like an action dad, fighting in 0 gee, and he was somewhat of a mentor to Holland. But it could be either, because we know (as far as I remember) that Dewey was a better boarder than Holland back in the days, which would explain why he has a golden devilfish while Holland has the silver one.
>>
>>15335969
No way is Xam'd anywhere near as bad as Captain Earth.

Captain Earth had exactly 2 good things - the launch sequence (which was way overused) and the exposed tummy on the qt redhead.

Otherwise, there was quite literally nothing good done with that series. It's BONES' worst work.
>>
>>15336108
>No way is Xam'd anywhere near as bad as Captain Earth.
Xam'd derails hard while Captain Earth remains consistently mediocre throughout its run. Neither show are bad but they're not exactly the studio's strongest works.
>>
File: Ek0Df.jpg (747KB, 2098x3117px) Image search: [Google]
Ek0Df.jpg
747KB, 2098x3117px
AO was a mistake but at least its Nirvash was armed to the teeth and even had missiles
>>
>>15336038
It's most likely Dewey or an original character.
Maybe it's Mattiew, iirc the other gekkostate members were also former SoF, so I wouldn't put it completely out of the question.
>>
>>15336129

This is like, the only E7 design that actually looks good to me. The early 2000's were a bit of mixed bag for Kawamori, weren't they?
>>
>>15336108
Captain Earth isn't offensibly bad though.
It just meanders between nothingness.
It's really weird because it has all the elements to be an A+ show, but for some reason it felt really souless.
>>
>>15336628
I'd say that's worse than a good show that ends in disappointment, which I'd say gets more net entertainment value but that's just me.
>>
>>15336870
I guess it varies from folk to folk, but I think it had some entertaining parts.
The animation was wonderful, I enjoyed the main cast's interactions and the music was alright too, especially the OPs.

I even enjoyed some of the character arcs like the "bear" guy who was a boxer.
>>
>>15336628
>>15336870

It was worse than bad - it was boring. Had it been bad, I could at least maybe have had fun watching as shit went down or seeing how bad it could get. As it stands, the show never reached any rhythm or heights, or fun or interest. It felt like they wanted to do something between StarDriver (all the libido talk, teen pilots, some of the mech designs if I remember them right) and E7, but didn't manage to do it.

Boring, to me, is more offensive than bad.
Thread posts: 205
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.