[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Byarlant Custom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 11

File: vlcsnap-2017-03-16-04h58m41s813.png (993KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-03-16-04h58m41s813.png
993KB, 1280x738px
Who thought the Byarlant Custom was a good idea?
>>
Are you implying that it isn't?
>>
Why wouldn't it be? It's just a machine with a decent track record slightly upgraded, and with a less zeony head.
>>
>>15321274
Basically single-handedly held the line against superior numbers and in some cases more technologically advanced mobile suits (the Zee Zulus). Protecting the shitty backwater that is Torrington Base while Banagher was off dicking around with autist newtype girl. I'd say it makes a pretty good case for itself.
>>
>>15321288
I don't see the point of the claws.
>>
>>15321475
I don't see your point.
This thread is pointless.
>>
>>15321475

They're not claws, given that they don't appear to have sharp tips. They're just simplified manipulators, presumably to see if a unit can function without a full human hand. And it has them because the regular Byarlant had them. As to who thought it was a good idea: Sunrise, Bandai and the Federation presumably, with Robin Diaz proving them right. It sold fairly well as a gunpla as well to my knowledge, so they were right in that sense too. You not liking it or getting it's appeal doesn't mean no-one does. And I say that as someone who doesn't particularly like it, or the base Byarlant either.
>>
File: BYARLANT_CUSTOM_02.png (206KB, 439x559px) Image search: [Google]
BYARLANT_CUSTOM_02.png
206KB, 439x559px
>>15321484
Not really, it's for discussion. It's got as much point as the Lazy Matsumoto threads that one guy keeps making.

>>15321475
Probably for the ESF engineers at that point to try out new parts and stuff while at the same time sticking to the original Byarlant design. Since the original couldn't hold weapons very well, this new pair comes equipped with fixed beam emitters.

Another thing to note would be that the rate of fire in relation to power as shown by its guns haven't been seen before, so it's probably just as experimental tech? The way I see it, the thing literally used to be a standard Byarlant before they swapped out different parts on it to try and update it for post-Gryps UC.

In the manga (I think) there's even a second unit with long-range specs and equipped with standard manipulators instead. Testing new components seem like something they'd do at a relatively backwater place like Torrington - see 0083, for instance.
>>
>>15321521
I get that. I'm just trying really hard to imagine a practical use for the claws. I really am and I just can't.

>>15321525
Yeah it looks like the result of plain fiddling. When I saw it first I thought of it as a kitbash because it really lacked that solid-feel of most mobile suits that are really fleshed out and regularly used and built on.
>>
>>15321542

The claws don't need a practical use beyond being simplified hands. Just like your hands don't need a practical use beyond being hands.
>>
>>15321525
You think too highly of Snapfag, his threads are almost universally pedantic nonsense.

However, assuming you want serious discussion, then the answer is simple: it's an experimental/test design. Flight-capable MS have been something both Zeon and the Federation had been trying to get to work since Zeon blew their load all over Odessa, but none of them really worked because, unsurprisingly, making a giant metal man fly is hard as shit. The original Byarlant was probably the first design that could do it without being an exploding death trap, and it was still hampered by low versatility, a huge target profile, and presumably low operational duration. The Kai was a token attempt to rectify those flaws on the cheap; notice that the most obvious modifications are the massive boosters and fuel tanks on the back, while the new arms are essentially the legs of the Gabthley, but stripped of all their armor. Even the new guns act essentially the same as the mega particle guns used by the Z'Gok E, a design two decades older, so that's not exactly innovative.

Regardless, it's yet another footnote in MS design that doesn't amount to anything. The original was beat out by the Asshimar as the Fed's first flying MS, despite not having to rely on transforming. Even still, the EFSF decided to stick with the Asshimar anyway, which eventually gave us the more numerous Anksha in 0096. The entire concept is a gimmick rendered meaningless by SFS in the first place.
>>
>>15321542
The original Byarlant fits that description, I think. It was supposed to be a new concept of MS, not unlike the oddball ones tested by the Principality during the OYW.

Like we see in Unicorn, it's larger than average suits, but I think because the focus at the time of Zeta was either the movable frame or better speed, it ended up with a rather skeletal, gaunt resulting frame as a sacrifice.

But that's just one of its problems. In the OVA, Kirks even managed to blow up one of its large, vulnerable propellant tanks, which ended up being the last we see of the Byarlant Custom. But I guess that just shows how crazy good of a pilot Diez is.
>>
スタッフがマトモのモビルスーツを作る訳が無い、適当に作って適当にごまかすだけ今のネット民と同じ勘違い素人のマスゴミが今の日本人の体質、言いふらして本人は何もしない
>>
>>15321578
>Even the new guns act essentially the same as the mega particle guns used by the Z'Gok E, a design two decades older, so that's not exactly innovative.

I don't think Z'goks can form beam sabres with theirs, anon.
>>
>>15321592
Several Gryps-era designs could though. It's not exactly a new design concept.
>>
>>15321578
Oh well, I just come here in between work anyway. Sometimes I come across good things like the Overworld patch. Speaking of which, you really hit a good point there. Something that's really bugged me is that in SD Gundam Overworld, the Byarlant and Byarlant Custom are two of the few UC suits that can adequately operate in the air by themselves.

So thanks for that sweet new info. That said, I have to wonder if, from looking at the Byarlant's overall silhouette, that they weren't just aiming for atmospheric flight-capability. It's just not human at all. Another thing is, couldn't its beam guns also work as sabers? I don't think there were anything else like that prior besides maybe the GP04 concept.
>>
>>15321578
All gryps era MS are capable of flight. The Hyaku-Shiki and Mk II do it a few times and they even caught up the Asshimar during the shuttle launch chase, so the power is there. They just can't do it for very long at all.

Considering the point of the Byarlant it probably has decent operation time. Maybe not as good as transformable MA/MS but better than its non-tranforming contemporaries, that was the entire point after all.
>>
BASED YAZAN
>>
>>15321274
>and then some random yahoo showed up and killed everyone
>>
>>15321618

Has nothing to do with this thread.
>>
>>15321274
I like to think it was a couple bored efsf engineers at Torrington who saw an old byarlant lying around and just decided to start working on it.

It held the line pretty fucking good tho
>>
>>15321713
There was only one Byarlant though
>>
>>15321736
There's got to be at least one other considering there's a separate Byarlant Custom 2.
>>
>>15321736
>>15321862
Alright yeah, according to GundamWiki's page for it
>inb4 citing GundamWiki
The one that kicks all the ass is a refurbished Jerid's unit, and the 02 is a different Byarlant with more improved upgrades that further increase its atmospheric flight capability.
>>
File: 71qsecvEu5L._SL1500_.jpg (145KB, 1500x1048px) Image search: [Google]
71qsecvEu5L._SL1500_.jpg
145KB, 1500x1048px
Like look. There are pipes going into the claws. For what purpose? Do they heat up or something?
>>
>>15321884
it's beam guns moron
>>
>>15321884
How do you not understand that they are for GRABBING
VIOLENT GRABBING
>>
File: 058 copy.jpg (349KB, 1280x1771px) Image search: [Google]
058 copy.jpg
349KB, 1280x1771px
I wonder what a Baund Doc Custom would look like?
>>
>>15321884
Hydraulics, clearly. I think it's already been established that the MS is bare-bones and rather exposed.
>>
File: Kobe Byarlant.gif (3MB, 320x183px) Image search: [Google]
Kobe Byarlant.gif
3MB, 320x183px
KOBE
>>
>>15322204
That whole fight is like watching a "Play of the Game" video.
>>
>>15322222
Checked but not kek'd because you made an Overwatch reference and Overwatch is shit.
>>
>>15321592
>I don't think
You certainly don't.
>>
>>15321884
Hydraulics need pumps and cylinders to move. Unlike the Unicorn, the Byarlant needs actual machinery instead of Newtype magic to move.
>>
>>15322204
really love the way it's beam guns work(makes it's arms really fun to use in Gundam Breaker 3 too)
>>
>>15321370
>and in some cases more technologically advanced mobile suits (the Zee Zulus)
The Zee Zulu's not more technologically advanced, it's just manufactured nearly a decade later. The only thing it's better at than the Byarlant that actually matters is swimming. The Zulu series has a higher generator output, meaning it can handle a larger amount of beam weapons, but that's not really going to help it in the Zee Zulu's intended role, especially against a flight capable Byarlant.

In millenial faggot terms, it's like saying a Galaxy J7 is better than a Galaxy S6 simply because it was released a year later. It may do one or two things almost as good if not SLIGHTLY better, but it's not a better or more technologically advanced phone.
>>
Anybody have that picture of Byarlant with regular MS arms?
>>
>>15321484
This thread is pointless.
That's kind of Snapfit's thing.

Stupid questions taht don't need a thread are his personal style of shitposting. He's not as cleverly insufferable as Black_Knight. He's just annoying.
>>
>>15324650
I haven't seen Black_Nazi in a while, did he finally get banned or am I just missing the worst shitposting threads lately?
>>
>>15321274
>Snapfit-Kun !jyii1UI8x.
I'm sure your parents thought having you was a good idea but soon came to realize their error
>>
>>15321542
>I get that. I'm just trying really hard to imagine a practical use for the claws. I really am and I just can't.
My cousin is autistic. You type just like her.
>>
>>15321370
>more technologically advanced mobile suits (the Zee Zulus).
Zee Zulu's are just a specialized Geara Zulu which itself is just an updated Geara Doga.
canonically the Geara Doga was built on a budget and is barely a match for a Jegan.
Whereas the Byarlant was a high spec experimental mobile suit which have pretty consistently shown to kick all kinds of ass in Gundam.

MG Zee Zulu when...?
>>
>>15327537
>Geara Zulu which itself is just an updated Geara Doga.
if I recall properly the Geara Zulu is in fact worse then the Geara Doga cause it's even more of a budget suit(and if I recall properly the Geara Doga was already worse than many Zeta era MP suits in specs)
>>
>>15327589
On paper the Geara Zulu is a significant improvement in general performance and in fact I don't see anyway it's worse.

The Geara Doga is better than most Zeta era MP suits. It's worse than ZZ era Neo-Zeon suits but that's because ZZ era suits had the full force of Axis, a resource asteroid and apparently RD facility, behind them. Geara Dogas were suits ordered by Sweetwater, a lone colony I think, from AE
>>
>>15327684
According to Mark Simmons, the Geara Doga's basis came from some unknown and unused Gryps war era design by Axis Zeon. Anaheim Electronics reworked that design and it became the Geara Doga as the final version.

http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?p=362667#p362667

It's kind of a middling machine in terms of performance. While skill and numbers can make up for gaps in how well they perform against Jegans, it's still telling that Londo Bell's ~20 Jegans successfully fought their way aggressively toward ~80 Geara Dogas defending Axis and didn't get decimated.
>>
>>15322204
Good times.
>>
File: tumblr_nysvca6Vd11t51kf8o1_500.jpg (68KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nysvca6Vd11t51kf8o1_500.jpg
68KB, 500x400px
>>15321897
question, to people who like the Baund Doc? Why? I sometimes see why in art like this one but I have honestly never understood it's appeal.
>>
>>15327912
Probably the same reason people love the Nu and Quan[T], asymmetrical designs.
>>
>>15321274
Basically why isn't it a good idea?

Any custom MS design is always a good idea
>>
File: Baund Doc.jpg (52KB, 349x512px) Image search: [Google]
Baund Doc.jpg
52KB, 349x512px
>>15327912
awesome looking pink dog with a crazy claw hand wearing a skirt, whats not to love?
>>
>tfw even UC TV wouldn't honor that one poll and put in a Barzam
>>
>>15327993
Barzams are ugly, its like if you told someone over the phone what a HiZack is.
>>
>>15328047
hizack is a titan zaku whats so complicated? and for your information Barzams are awesome looking
>>
File: 1467738561430.jpg (1MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1467738561430.jpg
1MB, 5000x5000px
>>15328047
>Barzams are ugly
This kind of shit-taste should be a bannable offense.
>>
>>15327912
It's pretty and cool.
>>
>>15327912
Personally, I liked it when playing Gundam vs Zeta Gundam.
>>
File: Mrc-f31.jpg (21KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
Mrc-f31.jpg
21KB, 310x310px
>>15321897
something like the Muttowooo
>>
File: RefinedTaste.jpg (86KB, 364x644px) Image search: [Google]
RefinedTaste.jpg
86KB, 364x644px
>>15328047
you take your pleb opinion back. its one of the best UC designs
>>
>>15335586
>he says this while posting Barzam Discount MK. II Ver.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.