[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: mech sims that only you have played. That was one of them,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: G-Nome.jpg (89KB, 591x640px) Image search: [Google]
G-Nome.jpg
89KB, 591x640px
ITT: mech sims that only you have played.
That was one of them, a bit shallow compared to others, but interesting. I have never ever heard someone talking about it.
>>
I found a copy of this as a child in a bin, along with a broken pen tablet. Never got the tablet to work, but G-nome ran, barely, on my cobbled-together-by-an-10-year-old-from-used-bits computer

With no manual, and the skills of a small child, I never managed to git gud, and by the time I had a machine that could play it properly, I had mostly forgotten about it. By the time it was nostalgic, I'm pretty sure it had compatiblity issues out the ass. I have recently tracked down an iso, and I'm sure I can get it to run in PCEM when I have the time.

I recall it had a cool mechanic where you could hop out of your mech like in Metal Warriors, and then gas grenade enemy mechs to get them to eject, and then jack their shit. That was pretty tight. Art direction was better than average for mid-late 90s american /m/, too.

The one I never hear about is, surprisingly, Starsiege.

Tribes, sure, all the time. Sometimes even Earthsiege, and once or twice, Missionforce Cyberstorm. But never Starsiege.
>>
File: starsiege2.jpg (16KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
starsiege2.jpg
16KB, 320x240px
>>15321250
It's got mechs, it's got customizable weapons, what else do you need?
>>
>>15321216
>ITT: mech sims that only you have played.

The setting also got a RTS which flopped about as hard as G-Nome. Really, the whole series suffered from being a pretty weak copy of a popular concept.
>>
>>15321250
>PCEM
Never heard of it, seems like a good thing for old vidya. Will try it on my ubuntu.
>Starsiege
Yes, that one went completely under radars. I had it on some pirate compilation back in the day but had no 3d accelerator to play it on. I liked Earthsiege 2 from that same disk though, a lot - especially plane parts.
>>
>>15321260
>The setting also got a RTS
>Dominion: Storm Over Gift 3
I cannot believe there was an RTS with mechs I did not hear about by now.
>>
>>15321267
>>15321260
Yeah, i had G-Nome from commission store, but only first disc with couple of missions. Cant remember anything about it being hard or not, but it was pretty dull. Engine was goog.
>>
File: 48013.png (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
48013.png
41KB, 640x480px
>>
>>15321285
Probably still the best PA-simulation. We'd still be playing it if they had ever released that goddamn multiplayer feature.
>>
File: Heavygear_activision.jpg (30KB, 288x336px) Image search: [Google]
Heavygear_activision.jpg
30KB, 288x336px
>>
File: Futurecop.jpg (20KB, 250x298px) Image search: [Google]
Futurecop.jpg
20KB, 250x298px
>>15321216
Had an action adventure game mode similar to those helicopter games, and an alternate tower defense game mode. Was pretty fun. My uncle, who is a cop, gave it to me as a gift.
>>
>>15321216

That TV-guided missile was hot shit, the mechjacking sort of worked, and the visuals were robust for their time.

Requiring all passable terrain in a level be completely level did kind of handicap it pretty severely during the golden age of FASA's MechWarrior titles...a pity.
>>
>>
>>15324998
And what mech game is that from if you care to enlighten us? Since you already bumped the thread.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.