[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got myself a PS2, already played ZOE, Armored Core 3 and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

File: vweeee the game.jpg (49KB, 500x716px) Image search: [Google]
vweeee the game.jpg
49KB, 500x716px
Just got myself a PS2, already played ZOE, Armored Core 3 and pic related on it.
What are some other /m/ PS2 games worth checking out?
>>
File: Gundam_Ace_Pilot.jpg (87KB, 500x694px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam_Ace_Pilot.jpg
87KB, 500x694px
>>15320941
>>
RAD: Robot Alchemical Drive
>>
Super Dimension Fortress Macross is basically Ace Combat with a Macross paintjob Check it out, its pretty cool.
Also check out Another Century's Episode. Its made by FromSoft and is Super Robot Wars but with ZOE gameplay
>>
Gundam vs Zeta Gundam is a classic, it even has branching UC paths.
>>
>>15321055
This and don't forget Federation vs Zeon if you somehow haven't played that one already
>>
S.L.A.I.
>>
>>15321055
Probably worth at least glancing at all the English language PS2 Gundam games. Zeonic Front is tactical shooting action, Encounters in Space is space shooting through a bunch of OYWish stuff, Journey to Jaburo kinda sucks, MS Era is a grindy rpg with build-your-own MS stuff.
Also the Gsaviour game is surprisingly decent for being a license game at system launch.
>>
>>15321596
>Journey to Jaburo kinda sucks,
Does it? Tell more.
>>
>>15320941
The Ape Escape games at times, but 3 has the most /m/ content second only to Million Monkeys. Even has a crossover with MGS, because why not?
>>
>>15322370
You have to play Lost War Chronicles (JP only) to understand. It was made by the same developers a little later. Journey to Jaburo is very rough around the edges, like half the systems haven't been implemented properly. Hitting a moving target is close to impossible, the Gundam moves like shit and you have to shoot a Zaku 8 or more times WITH the Beam Rifle to kill it.
Lost War Chronicles is this game, but finished. The only thing I didn't like was how you still needed a ton of Beam Rifle shots to down a single Zaku.
>>
>>15322370
it's a clunky 3d action game from early in the ps2

it's not like it randomly crashes or something crazy, but it doesn't rise above the licensed game stigma
>>
not retro reee
>>
About ACE, can I just pick whichever one has the roster that arouses me the most, since the story in moon will go over my head anyway, or is there anything else I need to take into consideration?
>>
>>15321204
This
>>
>>15323542
ACE 1 has a really rough beginning, because both of your mechs are pretty shit.
ACE 2 has a few stages that will make you tear your hair out, but the main mech gains a really strong weapon. There's a ton of missions (60 or more), but they're 5 minutes tops.
ACE 3 has 1/3 of the missions of 2, but that's because its missions are all set on a huge map, taking from 10 to 20 minutes each.

ACE 1 was retconned.
ACE 2 and ACE 3 are linked, but don't share a setting. It's sorta like a parallel world, and one of the MCs of 2 shows up at the end.
>>
>>15320941
it's a PS1 game, but Omega Boost is an absolute requirement -- you don't really need a PS1 memory card for it either, but you should probably still get one
the only other thing I can really think of off-hand is that there's a really nice port of the first Virtual On to the PS2 if you can boot JP imports/burns (also, on that note, please ignore Virtual On Marz -- the missions kind of suck and the mechs are unbearably clunky, VO goes from having some of the fastest mechs around to ending up with this fucking shit, the only thing that made the game half tolerable was playing as Fei-Yen, and it's still kind of slow and clunky)
>>
>>15322420
do you possibly have a iso of lost war chronicles cause i can't find one anywhere
>>
>>15324236
>if you can boot JP imports/burns
Well, it ran ACE2 and the Votoms game.
>>
Not 100% related, but does anyone have that /m/ chart of recommended videogames? It had some great stuff, to memory.
>>
>>15322370

It's just not good. The amount of damage enemies can take is nuts.

It did have a pretty awesome Zock design though.

Also, this game is alright too for an RPG that also lets you kitbash Gundams
>>
File: Gundam000A.jpg (73KB, 562x446px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam000A.jpg
73KB, 562x446px
>>15324497
>It's just not good. The amount of damage enemies can take is nuts.

Which is what your charged attacks are for. Not to mention your melee attacks when you can afford to use them at close range if timed right (and when I say 'melee attacks' I'm talking about forward dash attacks and not those baby swings that everyone keeps using for some reason). They easily destroy enemy shield cover (which aborbs most of your enflicted damage, and allow you to go for the kill.

I swear, nobody knows how to play this game. The Let's Plays on youtube are fucking horrible to watch.
>>
>>15321596

There was that Gundam SEED game too that was built off the Encounters in Space engine, so it came out alright and had some side story stuff attached. Never-ending Tomorrow or whatever the fuck it was called.

Yeah, pretty good game, though they gutted the licensed music from the NA release and just recycled tracks from other games.
>>
>>15324703
thats why i play the japanese version. along with not having to deal with dub voices.
>>
>>15324703
Haven't played Neverending Tomorrow, but Alliance vs. Zaft 2+ was my favourite Gundam game before Gundam Extreme Vs.
>>
>>15324684
>I swear, nobody knows how to play this game.
Yes, it's silly. Well timed abilities allow you to push through the game fairly easily. The weapon and part re-speccing allows you to have an optimum setup for trashing teams of mooks with multi-target attacks, and then switch to a setup for debilitating skills to nerf bosses and exploit it with heavy single hit attack/weapons and parts. Every boss had a very specific pattern of skill use and attack that it would stick to (no real AI to speak of), so you could negate or seriously weaken some strong boss attacks and phases with the right abilities at the right time
>>
>>15324684
>charged attack
Remember that you can't aim your charged attack. Yes, you can down a Zaku in one or two, but it was so dumb that they made it that you can aim it in Lost War Chronicles.
And don't even get me started on that Mission mode. I wonder how the hell how you do that Canyon mission with the Ground Gundam. Like I said, it's like they didn't even test the game.

>baby swings
Was it this game or Federation vs Zeon, where if you knocked someone down with melee, they would get up blinking (invincible)? That was sort of dumb.
>>
>>15324892
The lack of invincible standing up would make the game even easier than it already is.
>>
>>15324249
Google "128bit.me ntsc-j single link".
While you're at it, look up "One Year War". It's the best PS2 Gundam game. It's JP-only, but it's pretty awesome. It goes from the beginning to the end of the OYW, and there's tons of cutscenes.

>>15324497
I've played MS Saga, and... I don't really recommend it. The customization is cool, but the game is Dragon Quest levels of grinding. If you don't grind, you barely have money to buy ONE weapon in the next city, and you need at least 3 - also some parts. The battle system wasn't anything special, but the enemy formations are trite - they make sure to bring out just the perfect combination to fuck you in the ass.
>two snipers that disable first attack
>three zaku shield kais, that have 90% block and do a charged attack every 2 turns

The bosses were cool, though. Fucking Xamel.
>>
>>15324903
I know, but having your mech blinking like in Super Mario was kinda jarring for me. There's another game that did it, that G-Breaker that was an Armored Core clone. It was worse there, because you had a 3-hit combo, but blinking was activated after the first. So you could never hit someone with a full combo.
>>
>>15324906
i have the one year war one but it keeps crashing on the lalah fight
>>
>>15324914
Weird. Maybe a bad rip? Or are you playing from an HDD? There's a background change during the fight, maybe your lens is croaking.
>>
There's also Generation of CE game. It's an SRW clone that follows the story of Destiny up to the middle point. It has some route variation (I think you can truly fuck Kira and the Archangel),and there's a bunch of scenarios based on Astray.
>>
While we are on topic of Gundam games, anyone got a link for Japanese version of Missing Link? All I could find is a Chinese version where all menus are in Chinese as well.
I know that Missing Link is a hot garbage, but still want to try it. If only because it is the only way I can play Blue Destiny (not counting G Generation games).
>>
Here were my favorite games on the PS2.

Federation vs Zeon. A good arcade classic. It's sequal Gundam vs Zeta Gundam was also good. It had more content but a lot of it felt repetitive.

Lost War Chronicles. It's a similarly styled arcade game but more refined in my opinion. If you can find an ISO or hard copy, I highly recommend it. Though it's JP only, it's One Year War, so there's not a whole lot you need to comprehend and it's super fun. It's the only game I ever bothered trying to get all A ranks on the missions.

Zeonic Front has a good rep and is good if you like tactical games, but it was a bit tedious for me.

Between Encounters in Space and Never-ending Tomorrow, I'd say go with the former. Less BS.

One Year War (JP only) was not bad, I don't remember much about it. I felt it was was what Journey to Jaburo could've been if done right.

A bit of a digression from true /m/, but if you like convoluted and long stories, the Metal Gear Solid story is good. I really enjoyed MGS 3: Snake Eater.
>>
Does anyone have a Gundam vs Z Gundam .iso that isn't the japanese version? I've been through three PS2s in the last five years and I'm done trying to replace them.
>>
>>15326485
I got one at coolrom, without using their shitty downloader thing

Emuparadise doesn't have Gundam vs. Z Gundam
>>
時期ならメックアサルト2ぐらいの頃だろ
>>
>>15320941
Oh, also the Keroro game was kinda fun. Mellow-Mellow Battle Royale. They did a sequel that I assume is "The First One With Some More Characters And Maybe We Fixed Some Of The Crap Parts".
It was basically a Powerstone clone. Had various gundam stuff like a beam saber, I think it had a beam rifle and a Zaku gun, Lance Of Longinius.
Nothing I'd call a great or balanced game, but worth a look if you like the show. Gives a good argument that Powerstone clone is the way they need to make a King of Rumic game.
>>
>>15324444
seconding this.
>>
>>15324906
i think the website that leads to the download of lost war chronicles but it seems like the site want down
>>
>>15324444
>>15327441
This one?
>>
>>15327483
>Steambot Chronicles
>GTA but with steampunk mecha
Holy hell, how come I never heard of this one?
>>
>>15327483
Yeah, that one. Thanks m8!
>>
File: Snapchat-1619011237.jpg (524KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1619011237.jpg
524KB, 1080x1920px
>tfw i need a new crt tv
>>
>>15320941
RAD
>>
>>15327466
https://file.al/58uh4ksu2uw3
>>
>>15327483
Thanks for the chart.

>>15327497
It's pretty overwhelming at first, there's a ton of stuff to do. However, be aware of the technical problems. Specially framerate, which can be killer. If you go to youtube and watch one of this game's battles in 1.5x speed, you'll realize the game is supposed to look like this, but in the game itself, it's sub-30 fps all the time. There were plans for a sequel, but it was cancelled.
>>
>>15329795
>It's pretty overwhelming at first, there's a ton of stuff to do.
Beats being underwhelming I guess.
Definitely gonna check it out, color me intrigued.
It still amazes me that I never heard anyone ever mention this game, even on /m/ (chart notwithstanding), given how ambitious it apparently is.
Even if it were a big failure, you'd expect there to still be some aknwledgement of its existence, in a "isn't that a shame that a game with such an interesting premise didn't work out?" kind of way, right?
>>
>>15320941
ace combat 4 and 5
not truly /m/, but still very nice
>>
>>15331471
>implying the holy trinity wasn't literally the first thing I burned after I bought the PS2
>>
>>15331647
Burn? Don't waste your PS2's laser when you could be using HD Loader.
>>
>>15331702
I'll get to that, eventually.
>>
>>15331402
I remember there being threads about it in the past, as well as some lamenting when Bumpy Trot 2 was cancelled. That was a sad day.

Also, what was up with the PSP Blokus and arena battling spinoffs?
>>
File: Screenshot (22).png (100KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (22).png
100KB, 1920x1080px
>>15329790
it says this when ever i try to download it
>>
>>15331839
I think Blokus was made by the same developer or something, that's why the Bumpy Trot characters are in there. The battling spin-off was probably made because they already had the models and BT2 wasn't gonna happen, so they just made another game based entirely about battling (which wasn't really very good in BT1, mind you).
>>
>>15331846
I just went there and it started the download fine. Maybe some connection problems on your end?
>>
Played a bunch of Steambot last night and today. A little rough around the edges here and there but I'm really liking it.
The idyllic atmosphere reminds me a little of Harvest Moon and the earlier episodes of Turn A, it's quite charming.
>>
File: Steambot_Chronicles_Coverart.png (191KB, 256x363px) Image search: [Google]
Steambot_Chronicles_Coverart.png
191KB, 256x363px
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.