[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Yu-Gi-Oh! /m/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

Is Yu-Gi-Oh! /m/?
>>
Depends on the deck, some of them are /m/ as hell.
>>
>Machine-type
>Gradius tie-in
>Hero archetypes
>Many Warrior-types use machinery
could be
>>
File: latest.png (726KB, 445x645px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
726KB, 445x645px
Ye
>>
if yugioh is fucking /m/ then so is beyblade

can't believe you guys told me beyblade wasn't /m/ wtf
>>
>>15317535
>Yugioh has mecha
>Beyblade doesn't
>>
File: Superheavy Samurai.jpg (226KB, 913x450px) Image search: [Google]
Superheavy Samurai.jpg
226KB, 913x450px
As most of these threads go: Some of it is, some of it ain't.

Superheavy Samurai is an archetype I enjoy using that's fairly /m/, rocket punches n' all.
>>
File: Madolche.full.1810087.jpg (623KB, 1280x907px) Image search: [Google]
Madolche.full.1810087.jpg
623KB, 1280x907px
>>15317516
Obv
>>
File: news_xlarge_yugioh_visual.jpg (77KB, 350x494px) Image search: [Google]
news_xlarge_yugioh_visual.jpg
77KB, 350x494px
Next season is going to be pretty /m/

pity about the fucking Extra Monster Zone
>>
>>15317639
The Super Heavy Samurais have such great designs, shame they are absolutely terrible.

>>15318803
>pity about the fucking Extra Monster Zone
It's needed to try fixing the state of the meta. A limit needs to be put in place to stop the retardation that is rank 4 spam and pendulums who truly pushed extra deck spam to absurd degrees.
>>
>>15318824
And yet the Extra Zone hurts casual decks more than meta ones. Zoodiac doesn't give a shit about needing to make Links when one of the first Links printed is screaming to be used in them and from the first day of Link being introduced there still were "1 card crazy board Zoodiac combos" being displayed using Links. On the other hand, it cripples decks like Synchron, Red-Eyes and Gem-Knights which nobody are even playing.

Links being "Xyz summoning but somehow even easier" already is going to fuck with the meta since a Link toolbox would easily become the new Rank 4 Spam even without implementing the Extra Monster Zone rule. They didn't need to retroactively slam the other Extra Deck types for the sole purpose of pushing Link.

Pendulum getting nerfed is fine, even if the most annoying Pendulum cards Kirin don't even hit the Extra Deck.
>>
>>15318803
It feels like Link Summoning will improve the anime by putting an increased focus on key cards that aren't Boardspam. However, at the cost the of the real game.
>>
>>15318848
>And yet the Extra Zone hurts casual decks more than meta ones.
I don't care about """fun""" decks. I'm not saying you can only play top meta decks, I rarely have, but anything below tier 2 you are playing with garbage anyways.

>Zoodiac doesn't give a shit about needing to make Links when one of the first Links printed is screaming to be used in them and from the first day of Link being introduced there still were "1 card crazy board Zoodiac combos" being displayed using Links.
Zoodiac are going to get raped by the ban list, they are officially tier 0 and are in line for the firing squad. I'm expecting 2-3 bans/limits for them that will ruin them.

>On the other hand, it cripples decks like Synchron, Red-Eyes and Gem-Knights which nobody are even playing.
So who fucking cares about them? Those decks are all absolutely terrible.

>Links being "Xyz summoning but somehow even easier" already is going to fuck with the meta since a Link toolbox would easily become the new Rank 4 Spam even without implementing the Extra Monster Zone rule.
Do what OCG overlords do and run Raigeki break at 3 in every deck. No really the card becomes legitimately good now because nothing protects link monsters outside of solemns pretty much so if you run single card destructions to kill off link monsters quickly then their turn is essentially ruined.

I think this shift is seriously going to help slow things down, everyone who brings up examples of link still being spamfests always make examples that require the opponent to do fucking nothing. After I don't know how many years it's been, traps are going to matter again and aren't a liability for deck speed.
>>
>>15318848
>>15318995
>It's needed to try fixing the state of the meta
>So who fucking cares about them? Those decks are all absolutely terrible.
Contradictory statements, don't you think? When you think of fixing the meta you tend to want to encourage more diversity in deckbuilding, not shaft the rogue decks. Konami's just going to end up doing the same shit they always do where they toss out three completely busted decks every set that they push for one format and then toss another three broken decks to push for the next one. The only difference is that now they make their new busted decks even more dominant since if there's something that might have a good matchup against them that uses the Extra Deck, it's kind of crippled. There are only a handful of plays that actually were so busted they might justify the Extra Deck summoning limitation and those can easily be solved by simply banning certain cards like Hyper Librarian or Bahamut Shark or even if they put a hard cap on the number of times you can summon from the Extra Deck in a single turn. There are so many ways that could've slowed down the game more elegantly and permanently (since it's only a matter of time before Konami prints broken Link related cards) that the Linked Zone mechanic is simply a push to force people to buy Links by gimping every deck in the damn game.

>everyone who brings up examples of link still being spamfests always make examples that require the opponent to do fucking nothing
They're inherently more spammy than any summon mechanic yet. Fusion required a specific spell and, before its massive buffs since Omni-HERO, specific monsters. Synchro required precise levels and a Tuner. Xyz requires two monsters of the same level. Link lets you use any monsters, including tokens, with no inherent limitations. Every card that helps spam Synchro and Xyz works for Link, just more easily.
>>
>>15319630
>When you think of fixing the meta you tend to want to encourage more diversity in deckbuilding, not shaft the rogue decks
It's not diversity, you are bitching it kills decks that are garbage and have always been garbage. The only deck that was ever anything was synchron kinda and ur was nothing special. You might as well bitch that this kills your hungry burger deck, because that's just as relevant as the steaming loads known as red eyes and gem knights.

>They're inherently more spammy than any summon mechanic yet.
You are retarded. The link monster serves as literally a gate keeper just to allow the opponent to summon a very finite amount of extra deck monsters. You still have to summon after link summoning and you can't full field pendulum summon, play synchro solitaire, or just fart out endless amounts of xyz. If you think that this does anything other than slow the game down to inhibit extra deck spam, which is currently insurmountable, then you are talking out of your ass and have no idea how this game works.
>>
>>15319652
Except it kills any deck that can't bend over backwards to play Links. It's easier to list the number of decks that aren't hurt by Link, and even shorter to list the number of competitive decks.

> The link monster serves as literally a gate keeper just to allow the opponent to summon a very finite amount of extra deck monsters.

Unless they're playing Links, which will no doubt have decks that fill the field with Link Monsters in one turn sooner or later. It isn't slowing down the game, it's just changing the color filling the field to blue and subsequently giving anyone who might not like the Link Mechanic the middle finger. There was nothing stopping someone from playing Synchro in the Xyz era but now any deck that came out before Link is severely hamstringed. From what I see, all the first few months of Link (before the Link cards proceed to get busted like every new summoning mechanic) will do is shift the meta back a little bit and get people to run gimped versions of ABC, Nekroz or Monarchs. Possibly some rogue deck like Cyber Angel. The Extra Monster zone being their attempt to slow down the game is sloppy, doesn't fix the root of the issue, and takes so much with it as collateral damage that it makes one think it's just another notch in Konami trying to kill all of its IP.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.