[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Gasaraki get any better? The first episode had some cool

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 528[1].jpg (35KB, 528x360px) Image search: [Google]
528[1].jpg
35KB, 528x360px
Does Gasaraki get any better? The first episode had some cool 90s Aramaki robot designs but otherwise I found the first episode dryer than I normally expect from Sunrise mecha, and the digital coloring in some scenes has not aged particularly well.
>>
It's one of the more bizarre attempts at riding the late 90s Evangelion wave, that's for sure.
>>
>>15316297

>more bizarre attempts at riding the late 90s Evangelion wave

It's time to stop.
>>
>>15316393
Well, if it's not that, then what on earth is it?
>>
>>15316297
It only gets better if you find the mysticism and the political stuff interesting. The mecha action only makes up a tiny bit of the story.

I personally recommend it, but it's probably not for everyone. I'd say at least watch up to the arc where they're fighting in the desert and encounter the other TA squad. If you're still not feeling it after that point you probably won't like the series much.
>>
>>15316692
>I'd say at least watch up to the arc where they're fighting in the desert and encounter the other TA squad
That's the high point of the series, it is kind of worth watching for that. Sadly afterwards it does that Takahashi thing of not knowing what it wants to be and throws away all the nice focus it had.
>>
it's awful
dont bother
>>
>>15316692
this webm points out another flaw of the show - this is as good of quality as anywhere I've been able to find it. because lol 90s
>>
>>15316855
It's a show about Japan.
>>
>>15316438
Kind of your typical classic sci-fi story, though not quite as well done.

>>15317012
And?
>>
>>15317147
It's a show.
About Japan.

I mean it rather literallt. It's Japan's 1990s sociopolitical and cultural issues, the questioning of who they are and where they stand in the modern world, whether or not they see themselves as peers of other nations or as the subservient pawns acting out the roles their masters have planned for them. If you want to reach further, you can argue Yushiro is symbolic of this search for identity, how his journey is about finding his own path and being an individual rather than the actor playing their assigned role throughout history.

That said the two halves of the show don't exactly transition as fluidly as it could, but it's very much focused on questioning the Japanese identity of its times.

Thus, it's a story about Japan.
>>
>>15316438
A love story set in political intrigue and metaphysical shenanigans.
Except protagonist is not blue haired this time.
>>
>>15318951
This.

Its uneven and hasn't really aged well, but you have to give it credit for being about something.
>>
>>15316438
Basically what Takahashi has been doing as usual, only this time he's able to blend in the crowd without anyone blinking an eye.
>>
>>15318951
Yeah, there's a lot of the resurge of nationalist attitudes of that period baked into the show.
>>
>>15319718
Actually I think it aged quite well.

Maybe someone will rip the Nozomi release of the show so we don't just have the somewhat mucked with ADV release to judge it by.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.