[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Female Mecha Designer(s)?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 1328891963m_SPLASH.jpg (65KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1328891963m_SPLASH.jpg
65KB, 500x375px
Hey dudes,

I've never heard of a female mecha designer. Are there any (in Japan or elsewhere)? Short of that, anyone able to point out any mecha designed by women?

pic not especially related
>>
File: Kamille.Bidan.full.424664.jpg (3MB, 2098x3016px) Image search: [Google]
Kamille.Bidan.full.424664.jpg
3MB, 2098x3016px
>>15313339
obligatory
>>
Fictionally, there's Marion Radom and Dr Wakeman off the top of my head.
>>
>>15313339
Thores Shibamoto, kind of. Character designer for Trinity Blood and one of Nagano's proteges. Her stuff isn't technically mecha design since most of it falls under that weird category of Amano-inspired spiky goth people. But her art style is very mechanical, much like how Nihei used to draw his characters and settings. .
>>
File: rayearth.jpg (156KB, 891x1024px) Image search: [Google]
rayearth.jpg
156KB, 891x1024px
Clamp.
>>
>>15313880

I dunno... the mecha designer for the TV series was Masahiro Yamane, and for the OVAs it was Naoyuki Konno. The character designs for the animes were credited to CLAMP ladies, so I'm not sure if any of the CLAMP ladies actually designed the mecha. :-/
>>
>>15313363
beat me with girl's name
>>
>>15313880
Do they actually fight in their mechs in the anime. Don't remember them doing it in the manga.
>>
>>15313416
>this is CLAMP on Nagano
>>
>>15314958
They did during the second half of the manga.
>>
>>15313880
Cardcaptors mecha when
>>
>>15318658
I've seen comics that had gags of "Domoyo" and "Zakura", also one where Sakura summons THE HIGE and Turn A comes out.
>>
File: Winnersforever.jpg (43KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
Winnersforever.jpg
43KB, 704x480px
>>15313363
>>15313339
In-universe, Gundam has some female mecha designer.
The mc is holding one in the pic for instance...
Then there is many of them in 0083 and SEED among others.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.