[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does no one talk about Gunbuster when talking powerlevel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: gunbuster.png (1MB, 1432x722px) Image search: [Google]
gunbuster.png
1MB, 1432x722px
Why does no one talk about Gunbuster when talking powerlevel autism?
The outer scouts of the Space Monster fleet had 8 billion units which can fight at a fraction of lightspeed.
this shit is crazy if you crunch up the logistics just from the background talk in the show
>>
>>15310882
Because powerlevel autism is above planet busting or universe busting these days.

It has to have some sort of power over some sort of over-arching meta-narrative.

Basically, Cosmic Armor Superman, Elder God Demonbane, and Mazinger Zero
>>
File: darlin.png (551KB, 1022x1094px) Image search: [Google]
darlin.png
551KB, 1022x1094px
>>15310882
Aquarion Logos made power level discussions useless
>>
>>15310888
That's for gay nerds though.
>>
>>15310882
>a fraction of lightspeed
I always see people saying this, and I never understand what they mean. If I'm walking at a leisurely pace, I'm walking at a fraction of lightspeed too.

Regardless, even limited only to mecha, Gunbuster isn't a contender. Gunbuster is considered, at best, a star buster, and even that may be excessive.
>>
>>15310907

Anyone who legitimately discussed powerlevel autism is a gay nerd, so it works out fine. Gunbuster is also most definitely for nerds, though maybe not gay ones.
>>
>>15310932
There's a bunch of lesbians in it, it's gay enough.
>>
>>15310926
29979.2 km per second
>>
>>15310926
They mean "a normal, everyday fraction, like 1/10 and not 1/5000000000". Yeah, it's silly.
>>
I'm more interested in how the fuck Earth churned out all those spaceships so fast. For a single planet(?), they certainly got their act together quickly during the timeskip. One year they're just starting to stretch their wings and discover space monsters and the robots are closer to Labors than Gundams, and then boom! A few decades later they're blotting out the sun with their fleets and using Jupiter as a tennis ball.
>>
>>15310998
Well imagine all of mankind came together for one purpose. Imagine what could happen.
>>
>>15311088
>Imagine what could happen.
Definitely not what happened in Gunbuster, but whatever it's fiction. However, >>15310998 is right in that it's completely ridiculous. The technological leaps of Gunbuster makes zero sense. Then again, it IS a super robot anime.
>>
>>15311135
>Then again, it IS a robot anime.
ftfy
>>
>>15311135

A roughly similar premise exists in R-Type where humanity has repeatedly fought off the Bydo despite needing a subspace gate to reach the fringes of their mapped territories. Especially in Tactics and Tactics 2, the majority of humanity's powers are always clustered around Earth and the Solar System. Seldom are any colony planets outside of the solar system mentioned, and if any are visited they are almost always ruined, abandoned, or Bydofied. Yet combat operations often see the Space Corps reaching all the way into the heart of Bydo territory.

I like to think that both series just never bother to show us the contractors and organizations that have been charged with strip-mining entire worlds in systems around ours to fuel humanity's technology and forces. But yes, if that is not the case, then the leaps in technology are pretty unbelievable.
>>
>>15310926
'thats why people should say high-c or relativistic speeds.
>>
>>15310998
Hard work and guts.
>>
>>15310954
Literally every female in the show expresses an interest in dick.
>>
>>15310882
>Why does no one talk about Gunbuster when talking powerlevel autism?
Because we see it fighting at it's peak level during the OVA.

No matter how impressive that level was, the fact that it was actually seen makes it inherently less impressive than power levels that are merely alluded to.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.