[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

G-Breaker: Legend of Cloudia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: legend of cloudia.jpg (47KB, 250x361px) Image search: [Google]
legend of cloudia.jpg
47KB, 250x361px
Did anyone here play G-Breaker: Legend of Cloudia for the PS2? It's hard to find info online about it, even on the japanese web.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eDqaj17ymA
>>
File: gfs_20658_2_3.jpg (58KB, 1024x764px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_20658_2_3.jpg
58KB, 1024x764px
It's a mix of VOTOMS with Armored Core, if anyone is interested. You play as a robot that can roller dash (like VOTOMS) and you can mix parts to customize your robot (like AC). I've finished it once, so I'm looking for info on it.

The game itself is rather mediocre, but fun nonetheless.
>>
I recognise that song from that getter mad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8RgkEdaMd0
>>
>>15309933
The OP and ED are from JAM Project.
>>
>>15309957
I know.
>>
>>15309855
Thanks for posting this, I'll have to try playing it between finishing Robot alchemic drive and ACE 3.
>>
Well, I've just finished it twice. The gameplay is pretty barebones, but enjoyable. The robot can jump, but not boost.

The game has two campaigns, but you can't choose which to play. Once you finish the game once, you'll play the other campaign automatically. Actually, the campaigns themselves are almost the same, but you play as two different characters. The first character has 12~14 missions (I forgot the exact number), while the second character has 10 missions. The second characters's missions are the same as the first's. Even the final boss is the same. Once you finish with both characters, the game starts the 1st campaign again (but you can choose the robot from the 2nd campaign).

When you customize the robot, you have to pay attention to the weight/speed ratio, because a heavier robot will move and turn much slower. The same way, a softer part will make you quicker, but also give you less health. Health in this game is kinda like AP in Armored Core - heavier parts give you more health.

Weapons are a rifle (infinite ammo), rockets, pile bunkers (a melee attack) and the rare bomb. The game is heavily unbalanced towards missiles, because they're very easy to hit anyone with repeatedly, but you can also dodge them pretty easy (in a fast mech).

What I really didn't like was how the game has very few ambients, and every stage has you moving through at least 2 of those. There's a factory, a dam, a laboratory, a forest, an empty field and the final stage. It gets old fast. Reminds me of Neptunia, where each stage is reused at least 3 times.

Also, something that will probably put anyone off. When the robot is hit a few times, it blinks and enters invincibility state, but... the same happens to the enemy. So you can't really kill enemy mechs with a single weapon volley. You have to wait for them to recover, and then shoot them again. This will become very tiresome.

There's an experience system where you can upgrade attack/speed/mobility.
>>
>>15310457
The upgrade system is weird because you get upgrade points based on your performance on stages (A,B,C,D ranks), but ranks only seem to be based around the time you spent on the stage, instead of enemies killed. So you'd better just plow through stages without caring about the enemies. There's a chain combo system in the game (killing enemies one after the other), but this is so obnoxious to do that you shouldn't even bother.

The enemy types are tanks, flying platforms, flying mines and enemy mechs. The enemy mechs come in a variety of types. I remember someone did a thread last year about Sunrise Eiyuutan, so anyone familiar with that will recognize the mechs. They're:
Gunblaze Assault: the one you start with
Gunblaze Backup: has dual back cannons
Gunblaze Destruction: tons of rockets
Gunblaze Intercepter: hybrid between Assault and Destruction
Gunblaze Knight Hood: a knight frame, with a shield and lance
Gunblaze Night Attack: a GT-A but for night operations, generally weighs less
Gun Elephant: artillery boss
Thunderbolt: first boss
Maysurge: the character from the 2nd campaign uses this
Imakarum: final boss

You get the parts once you defeat the first appearance of that mech, ie. you defeat the GT-B and you get all of its parts at once.

There's not much of the Visual Novel aspect of the other G-Breaker games (more on that next post), it's basically limited to a few messages between missions and some cutscenes.

For anyone interested in playing, the first playthrough takes roughly 2:30h to 3:30h, depending on your knowledge of japanese. That's because you need to read the names of the map exits, or you'll just run around in circles. The 2nd playthrough takes less than 1 hour.
>>
I'd rank the game a solid 6/10. Looks like a budget game. Anyway, for the story itself, there are three G-Breaker games:

G-Breaker: Daisanshi Cloudia Taisen (Third World War of Cloudia)
G-Breaker 2: Alliance's Counterattack
G-Breaker: Legend of Cloudia (this game)

They're in production and story order. The final game is Legend of Cloudia. About its link to Sunrise Eiyuutan, the main character of those games, Kyou Akatsuki, is the father of the MC of Sunrise Eiyuutan.

The first two games are SRPGs with a tint of Visual Novel, and this game is a 3D action game, like VOTOMS (PS2) or Armored Core.

Of note, there's a SPECIAL option on the main menu, that shows a promo for a G-Breaker anime series. I remember someone said in the Eiyuutan thread that Sunrise Entertainment was closed after this, so I guess they canned all their projects.

I didn't find this promo anywhere on youtube, so I'll see if I can capture it somehow. I won't promise anything.
>>
File: megamann.jpg (75KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
megamann.jpg
75KB, 960x540px
>>15309868
>You play as a robot that can roller dash

>>15310457
>The robot can jump, bot not boost

WHO DO I BELIEVE
>>
>>15310507
>G-Breaker anime series

This video?
https://youtu.be/N1Lq80JNbv0
>>
>>15310589
Yeah, but the in-game video is a little longer. I think there's a narration at the beginning and at the end.

>>15310546
It can roller dash along the ground, but once you jump, you fall like a brick. You can't fly or boost higher, like in Armored Core. Jumping is kinda useless, because the game has a pretty sketchy auto lock-on, and once you jump, you have to re-acquire the lock-on.
>>
>>15310589
I went back to the game and rewatched the anime promo, and in the game it's at least 5 minutes long. There are more shots too, indicating it would use normal animation for the characters, but 3D animation for all the robots. There's a scene where a grown man kicks the MC in the face. The anime promo also has voice acting, and the main character's name is Ryou. I think it happens during Sunrise Eiyuutan, because the MC of Eiyuutan talks to Ryou, and there's a few shots of the originals from Eiyuutan too.

What picked my interest was that the video showed the GT-C (blade), GT-M (Marine) and GT-F (boost?) frames.

I'll try to upload this video somewhere, even if I have to capture it from a PS2 emulator. I have a capture card, but it's an old thing that takes a lot of effort to setup.
>>
>>15310668
Also, the MC's robot looks, quite astonishingly, like the GP-02. It even has a V-fin, although it's white, not gold.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.