[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 254
Thread images: 41

File: IMG_2539.jpg (96KB, 499x652px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2539.jpg
96KB, 499x652px
What went wrong?
>>
It went over 13 episodes. I didn't like the song buff happening all the time. The previous shows had it special.
>>
>>15309661
Not long enough to develop the arcs it wanted to and not enough budget to be visually impressive either.
>>
The writers tried to push Windmere as sympathetic when they were actually assholes.
>>
They decided to let the ranka win without making any effort to make her likable.
>>
>>15309661
Not enough Macross. The couple of times they let the Elysion do something were pretty hype though.
>>
Shit that thumbnail made it look like G-Reco
>>
>>15309661

Failed to deliver on two of the three pillars of what makes Macross, Macross. Completely at that, and as a result, the show crumbled under its own weight.
>>
>>15309769
T H I S
Not only that but they also forced some mary sue shit with her
>>
>>15309754
>not long enough
it was 26 episodes long
the problem was it completely lost all momentum past episode 13.
>>
No VALKYRIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>15314328
Which pillars?
>>
>>15314369

Planes, Love Triangles, and Songs.

The plane to plane combat was the weakest I've ever seen in all of Macross. The love triangle was practically non-existent, and there wasn't really any ambiguity in it going one way or another, and the songs failed to deliver on the emotional roller coaster that's expected out of Macross.

On top of that, the story that's supposed to hold all three of those pillars together was missing during large portions of the show. Things were mentioned, only to be forgotten later. Characters said things only to renege on the principles of their convictions because. Last but not least, they made a reference to one of the BIGGEST mysteries in all of Macross, and then did absolutely NOTHING to expand on it.

There were maybe two or three good songs in Macross, and there were three good characters in all of Macross. Everything else was pretty much a bust. The only thing holding Macross together is that idolshit in Japan remains to be ultra massive, and thus Walkure CDs and concerts are doing really well.

More people talk about other Macross shows, including Frontier, in a positive light time and again than Delta. Every delta thread I've seen since the show reached its climax has been: "What went wrong?" and generally negative openers. Which in-itself is fairly indicative of how bad the show was.

And the final nail in this show's coffin? They bought back Sheryl for her own music video, a video that had MORE BUDGET dedicated for a 4-5 minutes song than arguably huge chunks of Macross Delta.

Macross Frontier was basically SDF in a modern setting, and people absolutely loved it--though there are many who didn't. But for the most part, it was very VERY well received. Delta is the aberration in the franchise now.
>>
>>15314654

>There were maybe two or three good songs in Macross Delta, and equally, there were three good characters in said show.***
>>
File: Seig-chan.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Seig-chan.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>>15314654
I was disappointed that they seemed to only use their pew pew guns instead of missiles.
>>
>>15314665

The complete lack of seriousness to piloting that damn plane, with a lack of a helmet is so infuriating. On top of that, everything is so heavily assisted. Completely removes a need for proper pilot skill, which is the reason why song magic was so heavily utilized. It was such a cop out for plane to plane combat.
>>
Not curing Frejya is Kawamori's greatest sin
>>
File: VF-31 Seigfried formation.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
VF-31 Seigfried formation.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>15314670
Basara didn't use a helmet either.
>everything is so heavily assisted
Super sophisticated flight control software has been around in Macross since at least Plus if I recall, and to be fair, with a plane like the VF-31 Seigfried with its FSW, you need it since its so unstable by its very nature you'll stall out, no matter what. I won't defend the lame dogfights though, and the other Seigfried variants like the Ragnan ECM dude being so underutilized was a shame.
>>
>>15314680

Sophisticated flight control is one thing, but it was pushed to the point in Delta, where pilot skill was mostly meaningless. Then when they realized they had written themselves into a corner, they escaped it using song magic. But then song magic was way too OP, so they added the genetically engineered virus. But then that became a far too double edged sword as it proved to be the case with Messer; so then they changed it again such that Hayate wasn't AS affected by its effects because Freyja's song magic was even more special because they were supposedly in love with each other.

Nothing was well thought out and everything was poorly executed with one idea being a "OH SHIT, THIS IS TOO FAR" for the one preceding it. Then halfway through the show, the story underwent a tone shift from "we're the good guys really," to "maybe we're not the good guys all along," to "oh well, it doesn't really matter; let's just dance and sing."

It was like watching a cognitive dissonance happen in real-time.

And one of the worst offenders, was the complete and utter failure of Mirage as a character and the fact that the show did fuck all with her from start to finish. She never grew as a character, her romance went nowhere. Her feelings went nowhere. She was perpetually forced into limbo, because the writers were too busy playing damage control with the aforementioned OH SHIT WE MADE IT TOO POWERFUL plot point. The fact that her skills as a pilot barely changes from the beginning of the show until the last episode is JUST,

I had high hopes for Delta. I wanted it to excel and do better than Frontier, knowing that Frontier had set the bar really damn high. Unfortunately, Delta tried to do too much all at once and couldn't juggle properly to save its own life. So with that said, if you enjoyed SDF: Macross and want more of SDF: Macross, Frontier is the absolute best the franchise has to offer; and there's all the other shows that are just as good, in between.
>>
>>15309661
>What went wrong?

Kawamori got his ideas for the show from shitposters on /m/.
>>
>>15314665
This really stands out after the fact. Delta's dogfights really don't hold up the way the rest of the franchise's do. At the time, I thought they were fine, even good, but on a rewatch a lot of them are pretty dull.

At least the Aether and Elysion are still pretty cool.
>>
>>15314697

The problem is that there's a lot of flash to Delta's dog fights. But when it actually comes to it, there's very little actual combat. Very little actual back and forth attacks, and there's a legitimate lack of tension present--because you know there's song magic just around the corner that will make everything better.
>>
>>15309661
should've had more episodes to develop the characters. The second half was nearly all exposition and characters got shafted.
>>
They spent all their money on the music and thought that was enough to make a good show
>>
7 was the only good one.

And even that was at least like 40 percent crap
>>
The second cour

Delta makes me angry because it had a lot of potential, but they threw it away
>>
>>15309661
Messer died
>>
>>15309769
Fucking this.
They also half-assed every romantic subplot and any detail that could have made the relationship more interesting.
>>
>>15314654
>they made a reference to one of the BIGGEST mysteries in all of Macross, and then did absolutely NOTHING to expand on it
What are you talking about?
>>
>>15314678

Not resolving her situation in any way, shape or form is far more problematic. She could die during the show, be showm to be dying sooner due to her actions or have some kind of cure, but as is the show just kind of brushes it off and never addresses it.

>>15318325

Lady M and what happened to Minimal and Megaroad-1 presumably.
>>
>>15318266
Well, they are making a lot of money with the songs. You could say that Kawamori took the right decision.
>>
File: 171, dance you varmint.webm (542KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
171, dance you varmint.webm
542KB, 640x360px
I was sold on the VF breakdancing, and then they never did it again.
>>
File: Draken_07.jpg (99KB, 1000x707px) Image search: [Google]
Draken_07.jpg
99KB, 1000x707px
>>15309661
Oh boy. Let's see, starting with Macross trademarks: romance, dogfights and music.

>Romance
You wanted the love triangle that franchise is known for? Tough luck, pal. Two corners of it have very little chemistry (if some moments of awkward silence together pass for it) until the last episodes and third one is just kinda here because production team apparently thought "Hmm, but we need three corners for a triangle!" and slapped a spigot in it. There are some subplots involving Windmerean age process and song magic that are supposed to add depth to it, but in they end up wasted, influencing nothing and going nowhere.

>Dogfights
I admit it, they look cool and Delta squad aerobatics at the shows are good, but there is not nearly enough of them in the series that supposed to be about them. Plus, there is at least one very noticeable budget cut in that area. We see a combat ready fleet moving to kick Windmerean ass, and expect the big battle, but then - [record scratch, Delta HQ] - "Captain, windmereans just destroyed our fleet with dimensional weapon!". Yeah, fuck you too, Kawamori.

>Music
Eh. Like pretty much everything else in the show, it is kinda there because it is supposed to be. I have no problem with idol group in charge of music, and their jpop is good per se, but it doesnt fit the onscreen dogfights at all. If you expect something at least as pumping as Lion from Frontier - you will be disappointed.
>>
>>15319591
(cont)

I can continue about Windmere being ripped off from Gundam and being shit at the asme time, but english is not my native language, so i'll just say that - there are interesting subplots here and there, but they are just so, so very half-assed. The whole show seems like it was made by people who work 9 to 5 and then just check their watch and walk away to work at next episode tomorrow with minimum effort and care invested. It just seems that everyone worked on it just because they had to - "Well, it is a tough and unappealing job, but someone's gonna do it". Oh, and episodes 7 and 8? "If you combine water, apples, and jhshsodfhnium, you can brainwash an entire planet!"? Someone was PAID to write that. And then someone looked at the result and said "Yep, it is good, it is going to be in the series".

Draken VFs were cool though.
>>
- They should have gone full bat-shit crazy super magical girl powers and shit with Walkyrie to the point it parodies idol culture and Macross itself. I though this might have been the direction they were going in the beginning, but then nope, they're playing it serious.

-Make Windermere's takeover based more of an island-hopping and expansion of control strategy rather than, "Look we have super weapon. It doesn't work anymore? Let's make it more super!"

-Remember that the main character had a specialty at dancing in battroid mode, rather than just turning him into another generic ace with the boring plane fights.

-More boobs because...why not?
>>
>>15318268
>7 was the only good one.
wait, what?

7 was horrible, SDF and Plus were way better
>>
>>15319784
t. pleb.
>>
>>15309661
>What went wrong?

30 seconds of god tier Macross kicking ass among several hundred minutes of nothing.
Satelight had their priorities all fucked up. It's as simple as that.
>>
Delta barely used battroid mode. All but one fight was fighter mode.
>>
>>15319859
I consider this one of the show's positive sides.
>>
>>15319594
>"If you combine water, apples, and jhshsodfhnium, you can brainwash an entire planet!"? Someone was PAID to write that.
You realize it wasn't just some random water and apples, right? They were full of precursors to whatever their mind control thing was (I don't remember and can't be arsed to check). Storing chemical weapons as binary agents like that is something we do right now, and would be the optimal way of bringing something like that in clandestinely.

Delta does a lot of stupid things, but that idea isn't one of them.
>>
>>15319591
>If you expect something at least as pumping as Lion from Frontier - you will be disappointed.

I miss infinity. I didn't even like frontier all that much in the second half either but damn that was tight
>>
>>15309661
20 episodes of some retards with ulterior motives being repetitive as fuck

Got some Macross 7 vibes from that, only in the case of 7 the first and last 12 ish episodes had plot and Delta had 12-ish episodes of the same shit, 10 of which were in the second fucking cour
>>
>>15318914
Episode 1-2 really were great.
>>
>>15319866
You're stupid. Dancing battroid was what made this show unique and exciting. Without it, we got what we got.
>>
>>15320174
You bet your ass I would have watched this show if it had a capoeira VF, now I'm mad too
>>
>>15320174
>Dancing battroid was what made this show unique and exciting.

yeah for like one episode
>>
>>15309661
Windniggers
>>
We at least can agree that episode 1 Giri Giri Ai scene was pretty cool, right? This was pretty hype.
>>
>>15309661
First half of Delta was good at best. It had dancing mechs, characters had room for development, romance subplot started off smoothly, things felt like they were going somewhere. Then the second half wastes a lot of time on pointless exposition. New subplots go nowhere, characters lose screentime and development, battles reuse animation and become repetitive, dancing mech is forgotten, and little is resolved in the final battle which itself pales in comparison to Frontier's hype finale.
>>
>>15320206
It was. Too bad it was downhill from there.
>>
>>15319734
>They should have gone full bat-shit crazy super magical girl powers and shit with Walkyrie to the point it parodies idol culture and Macross itself.
This. If you want to go M7 road then do it and don't stop halfway, things like that work only when turned up to 11.
>>
>>15319734
>-More boobs because...why not?
The lack of this is the biggest sin of Delta.
>>
Will they actually learn what not to do in the next Macross or will it be another dud like with the Aquarion series
>>
>>15321277
The next series will be more focused on songs because that is what it sells.
>>
>>15321235
And having a Meltran on the main cast that never macronized.
>>
>>15319734
>They should have gone full bat-shit crazy super magical girl powers and shit with Walkyrie to the point it parodies idol culture and Macross itself.

>>15321227

so basically they should have been AKB0048
>>
>>15319591
>Two corners of it have very little chemistry (if some moments of awkward silence together pass for it)
Hayate and Freyja had some really great chemistry until the second half drama started. Then I agree that they dropped the ball there.

But before that, I really liked seeing them interact
>>
File: 3.jpg (29KB, 314x263px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
29KB, 314x263px
>>15321298
>Final Stage literally fucking never
>>
Not enough Mikumo songs
>>
>>15321235
Lack of boobs, first Macross not to have a kiss scene, no bikini episode, only a couple of battles in space, Delta went full retard.
>>15321280
They had TWO meltran characters who never macronized.
>>
>>
File: BIG.jpg (13KB, 543x336px) Image search: [Google]
BIG.jpg
13KB, 543x336px
>>15322719
>>15321280
>there are people on this very board RIGHT NOW who think M7 is not the best one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYHGDEl-zIc
>>
>>15325398
>>
>>15325421
7 episodes in i thought this way too Anon. Even 13 episodes in.
>>
>>15325421
>currently 7 eps in
That's the problem.

Wait until you get past episode 13
>>
why no one ever talks about Macross Zero or Plus?
>>
>>15325570

Because Macross threads have been overtaken by /a/spies and they don't care about any show that doesn't have waifufag pandering in it.

Zero wasn't spectacular or anything, but it's definitely the last worthwhile thing this franchise has given us.
>>
>>15325564
Its sad because episode 13 was great and then it was nothing.
>>
>>15325570
We talk about Plus all the time but there's not a lot to say about it as it's pretty straightforward

Zero isn't very well liked in general
>>
>>15325511
I didn't watch them, so i don't know.
>>
>>15325669
Maybe it is not the best, but i never understood all the hate it gets. I tend to think that it mostly comes from bitter plusfags who want everything to be MUH GRITTY WAR DRAMA but can't understand that plus is not even close to it.
>>
>>15325796
>but i never understood all the hate it gets
Unlikable male and female lead

Prequel syndrome where things don't fit with established lore

Roy Focker is just there because fanservice

Shitty environmentalism plot because back then Kawamori was up his own ass with implmending it with his shows

Ugly ass fucking art

The worst OST in the franchise

There's really nothing about it that's worth watching, you like it to be contrarian or you have legit shit taste.

>Plus
>Gritty War Drama

I see you're a simpleton
>>
>>15325861
>Anime Abandon
Who?
>>
>>15309661
Too much Idol stuff, music its part of the series but throwing idol bullshit EVERY SINGLE episode just for the sake of showing idols doesn't really add anything
>>
>>15325796

I'm pretty sure it's just one guy who really hates it. Either way I wouldn't worry about it. Zero is okay, and I'd take it over II personally. I like Shin, I like Edgar and I like the themes the show was going for even if I think it could have done more with them. There's some nice designs and good action in it too.
>>
>>15325844
>plus is not even close to it
No anon You are the simpletons.

>Unlikable male and female lead
Nice opinion you got here.

>Prequel syndrome where things don't fit with established lore
Oh, you mean the lore where protodevlin and literal song magic exist, that lore? They are just fine together.

>Roy Focker is just there because fanservice
I see no problem with unification wars pilot participating in unification wars.

>Shitty environmentalism plot because back then Kawamori was up his own ass with implmending it with his shows
What's wrong with environmentalism? What's wrong with author expressing his wiews in his works? Why are you such assblasted with someone having an opinion on environmentalism that is different from Trump's one?

>Ugly ass fucking art
3D is kinda bad, i'll give you that. Otherwise - nice opinion you got here.

>The worst OST in the franchise
Maybe, i don't remember it. You didn't gave any reason why it is the worst though, so -
>opinion
discarded.

>There's really nothing about it that's worth watching, you like it to be contrarian or you have legit shit taste.
Sure champ, you definitely showed me :^)
>>
>>15326017
>I'm pretty sure it's just one guy who really hates it
Cool bullshit bro
>>
>>15326118
>NO U The post

You sure told me!
>>
File: macross zero.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
macross zero.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>15326118
>3D is kinda bad, i'll give you that
The first episode had some janky movements, but the CG really improved over time, and the last episode had CG that still holds up today, at least in terms of anime CG.
>>
>>15326258
>One line meme reply
I sure did.

>>15327029
That really looks good.
>>
>>15328073
>I made more meme lines than you so I win

What a deluded world you live in
>>
>>15318914
Most of the fight scenes in Delta were just dogfights. Might as well call this show Ace Combat Delta.
>>
>>15328117
That's goog. Macross is about dogfighting in agile fighters, the battroid mode is for fighting Zentradi which didnt happen often from SDFM. And since no battroid king fu is involved, battroid in comparison to fighter or even gerwalk mode is a big standing target with same armament. Besides, there wasn't a single good show with dogfights in decades besides maybe 2004 Area 88 (which sucks against OVA) and Toaru Hikūshi e no Koiuta (which is steam/dieselpunk). That's one of the reasons why Frontier was recieved so well.
>>
File: 14604227301145.jpg (318KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
14604227301145.jpg
318KB, 1536x2048px
>>
File: Cute.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Cute.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>15309661
>What went wrong?
Not the idols, they were all best girl.
>>
>>15329537
Freyja is clearly better than the others.
>>
>>15328210
Yukikaze had great dogfights
>>
>>15329553

Kaname and Mikumo are both better really. And Mikumo barely had a personality, which says a lot.
>>
Let's make the antagonists mary sues. What could possible go wrong?
>>
>>15309661
I don't see many other people mentioning that the antagonists were mediocre at best, they tried to make the windamere's special because of their runes but it's demonstrated by multiple human characters that they aren't really that much better or faster. Also it felt like the windameres mind control powers were criminally underused, they could have made so much more drama if they could have done something with them besides turning people into zombies for the majority of the series.

>>15319734
Agreed that would have been fun atleast
>>
File: C6smH3tVwAAgHD8.jpg (111KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C6smH3tVwAAgHD8.jpg
111KB, 1200x675px
What is this https://twitter.com/prima_dresara/status/840799193237139456
???
>>
>>15330963
yt version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DchbddwXubo
>>
>>15330966
Another barely canon Sheryl retcon? Macross is dead.
>>
>>15331243
>barely canon Sheryl retcon
what did he mean by this
>>
>>15330963
A tranny.
>>
>>15331264
I haven't actually seen Dynamite 7, I just assumed that's what it was.
>>
>>15330966
>Hurr durr Delta a idolshit, IDOLSHIT!
>Sooooo unlike MUH FRONTIER
>>
>>15330488
Underused? Nah the thing that bugged me is how they walked away after all the shit they pulled.

These fucks were cheering as they brainwashed world after world and they faced ZERO consequences.
>>
>>15331967
I think that where the show left off, the only possible outcome is NUNS tearing Windermere a new asshole. They'll get the Japan post war treatment.
>>
>>15332028
Considering how hard the show bent over backwards failing at making them sympathetic? Nah i doubt they even get trade embargo'd by the worlds they brainwashed in the cluster nvm the rest of the galaxy.
>>
>>15330966
The music is so-so. Is this pachinko or is it related to the new series?
>>
>>15330399
Holy fuck this so much. Everything about Windmere reeksof some butthurt Zeekfag going 'Fuck you, Gundam! I'll make my own Zeon, with shotas, bishies, a gay Char! And most importantly, they'll never ever ever lose!'

>>15332028
Realistically, Windmere should be hated by everyone with the best case for them being embargoed, isolated and treated like Space North Korea and the worse case being NUNS dimension bombing them back to the syone age to the cheers of everyone in the star cluster. But given the obvious bias the writers showed them, I fully expect the next Macross series to reveal that little shit Heinz and the rest of the Windshits getting everything they wanted short of galactic domination.
>>
>>15332028
Considering how Windermerean lifespans are, I expect a 2030 CE situation.
>government running a society where/when nobody lives past the age of 30
>>
Wasn't there a tweet saying that Windermere was fine after the war, that no-one hated them and that there was essentially no repercussions?
>>
>>15332028
It would be extremely satisfactory to see that. "Oh, you didn't like independent planet freely exporting your fucking apples and buying top notch military equipment? Well motherfucking fine then, hard way treatment incoming". Too bad it will never happen.
>>
File: C6seymkVAAEDfT1.jpg (219KB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
C6seymkVAAEDfT1.jpg
219KB, 1200x750px
What the fuck https://twitter.com/PhotoAkiba/status/840799625032359936/photo/1
>>
>>15333054
>>15330963
>>15330966
Pachinko https://youtu.be/jTiX9TjPYO8
>>
>>15333062
Of course. The force driving japanese entertainment industry.
>>
>>15333071
Well, some people thought the new macross was about Sheryl Nome because of the new song.
>>
File: 1424022445152.png (279KB, 507x333px) Image search: [Google]
1424022445152.png
279KB, 507x333px
>>15333116

That's one hell of a leap in logic. We are fast approaching Robotech levels of autism here.
>>
>>15333062
>Pachinko

I fucking knew it
>>
>>15333071
I love how SNK basically tossed away that shit after having shares bought by a Chinese company.
>>
>>15337368 (Dead)
Thanks for bump.
>>
File: 1461513409939.jpg (157KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1461513409939.jpg
157KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>15329517
Perfection in a sea of shit called delta. A fucking shame.
>>
>>15337422
That's actually Frejya
>>
>>15337422
>Mirage
>Anything positive at all
Literally just take her out the show, nothing changes
>>
>>15338710
Who gets cucked in front of the whole galaxy then?
>>
>Mirage was originally planned to be an ace like Messer
>they made her shite instead

The story really suffered when the only competent pilot died and nobody replaced him
>>
>>15338745

Don't be silly anon, Haute replaced him. Didn't you hear him say he'd fly both their loads? And everyone accept this despite him being a demonstrably inferior pilot?
>>
File: a76c7bef30feea5cbed13694e030af23.jpg (939KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
a76c7bef30feea5cbed13694e030af23.jpg
939KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>15338745
>The story really suffered when the only competent pilot died and nobody replaced him
Messer wasn't the one making first half of Delta at least entertaining.

>>15338795
>Haute replaced him
Exactly. Before it was Messer and Keith scissoring in the sky. Then it was Hayate and Keith doing exactly the same thing. Literally nothing changed.

Good pilot =/= good story. And in a good story any pilot can work. Fix the fucking story first and you won't need to care about pilots' skills.
>>
>>15338859
>Messer wasn't the one making first half of Delta at least entertaining.

Maybe not, but he definitely had the potential to be a great mentor figure which is something that Macross sorely lacks.

Like, instead of becoming a doormat and taking in all the MC's bullshit in without exception like Gamlin did, it would have been really great to see someone actually be a direct driving force in the character development of the MC.
>>
>>15309661
it had a second cour
>>
>>15309661
>Frontier set the bar too high for the next Maross series
>DANCING Valk was cool and could have served as something unique, then they ditched it entirely
>MUH WIND
>no missiles at all in the whole fucking series
>underwhelming dogfights
>the usual trinagle between characters was completely absent
>there's like only 3 likeable songs
>the Draken is a piece of shit abomination

there, I can only expect next series to be even worse
>>
>>15329517
How could a character with such a perfect design be so disappointing?
>>
>>15339091
>there's like only 3 likeable songs
You have shit taste, mate.
>>
I'm up to ep 21, so far it is awesome! I mean yeah starting at ep 16 the action decreased, but it isn't enough to tank Delta. I dare say this might be the best in the franchise, ithsd a similar fantastic-ness like Comet Lucifet did.
>>
>>15339355
>it has a fantastic-ness
>>
>>15339355
>>15339355
end yourself into lava
>>
>>15339133
if you dont like delta wings i can see that drakken means nothing to you, but come on , you have to admit that at least is NEW from kawamori, instead of another wing swap on the vf-23-ish frame like the messiah, sigfried and those inbetween
>>
>>15309661
everything
>>
>>15340352
The music wasn't that bad
>>
Anyone have a character sheet/ref of Kaname in her regular civilian outfit? At least with Mikumo I could find those figures.
>>
>only 2 eps left
>still not having any problems aside from minor things

Really not seeing serious issues here, /m/
>>
>>15341451
Delta is a lot like Combattler V: While the second half isn't ZOMG ORGASM level like the first half it still manages to be solid and the problems are not enough to tank the series rather fringe groups meme it up to appear bad.
>>
>>15341451
you have shit taste and/or neither watched the previous macross entries
>>
>>15341462
I've seen every Macross entry, not only is the music better than all the non-7 tracks put together, but it has far more action scenes, trims down romance shit, and even though the idols are annoying they get more tolerable over time which is more than I can say for most entries.
>>
>>15333062
>Frontierfags on suicide watch
>>
>>15341451
The second half is not bad, but the first one was so fucking awesome that you can't avoid to feel some disappointment.
>>
/a/ here, Freyja is the best macross girl.
>>
File: TACTICAL DELTA ESPIONAGE ACTION.jpg (212KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
TACTICAL DELTA ESPIONAGE ACTION.jpg
212KB, 1280x720px
>>15341472
This was how I felt

Almost betrayed, even
>>
>>15343010
>Mirage stealthy operator as fuck
>Mikumo decides to start singing
>>
File: MIkumo hand.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MIkumo hand.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>15343071
She's perfect, isn't she?
>>
File: 1462160426865.jpg (9KB, 138x148px) Image search: [Google]
1462160426865.jpg
9KB, 138x148px
>Miragefags
>>
>>15343112
Actually no, it's ugly
>>
File: CRYING MIKUMO.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
CRYING MIKUMO.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>15343286
>>
>>15309661
It should have been about Reina and her harem
>>
>>15344444
You can't argue against those quints.
>>
>>15339091
Exactly. Holy fuck, Draken is one of the prettiest planes that ever existed, and they managed to fuck it up by shitty colors and paint scheme, no cockpit and clumsy attachment drone-what-the-fuck-was-those-things-i-didnt-even-care. That takes some fucking effort.
>>
>>15343010
>Trust nobody
>Not even Freya
>'specially that windfaggot bitch
>>
>finishes Delta
>ends up being the best in the franchise
>>
>>15344943
more like
>ends up being the worst in the franchise
for 90% of those who watched it live
>>
File: 1468971479063.jpg (180KB, 728x696px) Image search: [Google]
1468971479063.jpg
180KB, 728x696px
>>15344943
>>
This is the easiest one of these threads because I don't know how you can watch this show without knowing the answer

The pacing was just top to bottom completely broken.
>>
>>15309661

it would be easier to tell you what it did right

nothing
>>
>>15346090
Piss off, Zetarager
>>
>>15338804
Makina is so alpha. How can Bogue even compete?
>>
Anyone else order the VF-31 Masterfile?
I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't do a section on the Draken like how the VF-0 Masterfile did a section on the Sv.51.
>>
File: spaceelfwithglasses.png (232KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
spaceelfwithglasses.png
232KB, 800x450px
>>15341451
Really, the more you think about Delta, the more pissed off you get. After watching the finale myself, I was happy at first but then I remembered all the shit they never resolved like Lady M, Megaroad 01, Freyja's lifespan, space muslim and his connections with Windermere, and they wasted episodes talking about this shit. Then you start to remember shit they never expanded upon like Mirage's desire to be as good as her grandparents, Hayate's dancing, Hayate's rivalry with White Knight, etc. Seriously, Delta was so disappointing, it fucking hurts.
>>
>>15347538
Presumably they will do a full Masterfile for the Draken.
>>
>>15347578
You will get the answers in the movies, anon.
>>
>>15347583
I don't think so, they usually focus on the big name VF's.
Maybe once they've finished off the VF-11, VF-17/171, and so on they'll start focusing on bad guy VF's.
>>
>>15314680
>Basara didn't use a helmet either
>Implying anyone liked that
Anon, helmets are cool. Space suits are cool. Nobody likes seeing a guy wearing a sleaveless shirt with blue jeans fly a state of the art spess plane. Hayate was less offensive since he at least wore the suit although his lack of skill development is just as frustrating as Basara being an ace because fuck you.
>>
>>15347622
I give BASARA a pass since M7 is basically all the ridiculous parts of Macross turned up to 11.
I can accept a dude with John Lennon glasses and 90's casual wear flying a state of the art fighter plane if the entire show is premised on the fact that he can rock hard enough to give life back to dead flowers and stop interdimensional black hole space vampires with a wicked guitar solo.
>>
>>15347600
What movie? The next project will be another tv anime and it most likely will have nothing to do with Delta since Kawamori's scared as shit to bring back characters like Gundam did with its early sequels. I wouldn't be surprised if they reintroduced the Megaroad mystery only for it to be unresolved yet again.
>>
>>15320206
It was okay. Wasn't a fan of the song or visuals, but the concept of the idols taking a more active role was interesting.
>>
>>15347670
It was joke. But I'm depressed now because we will never see those movies.
>>
>>15347670
Speaking of Gundam, there was Zeta and Double Zeta. Maybe Macross can make a Double Delta? Wouldn't be the first time Macross took ideas from them. Ditch shit MC Hayate and star anew. Also new MC gets to fuck with perfect girl Mirage.
>>
>>15314665
>I was disappointed that they seemed to only use their pew pew guns instead of missiles.
They have admitted that Delta lacked missiles because missiles take too much effort to draw. This is of course an insult to the franchise, because Macross missiles were famous since the first series.
>>
>>15347759
Did Frontier have a bigger budget or a larger animation team?

I'd have thought that CG missiles would be easy to copypaste..
>>
>>15347759
There was only ONE space battle, the main couple doesn't kiss, the MC doesn't kill the final boss, literally only ONE named pilot is KIA(apple man and diet Char don't count) and My Boyfriend is a Pilot is not sung by anyone, not even Freyja even though she won and had every reason to sing it. Delta missed a lot of things other Macross shows have done.
>>
File: missiles are stupid.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
missiles are stupid.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>15347759
>>
>>15347728
>Macross ZZ

That'd be Macross 7, I think.
>>
Hey anyone you see the scene of the Macross Plus dub where they translated "My Boyfriend is a Pilot" into English and it sounded like hot garbage?
>>
>>15347818
Well ZZ was a direct sequel to Zeta. Oh yeah and it was actually good. Going further into comparisons between the two franchises, 7 and Delta are comparable to G Gundam more than anything. Rock star pilot, dancing mechs, kung fu mechs, the 3 had equally crazy ideas. But yet again, Gundam comes out on top as G Gundam's Domon was a better MC than 7's Basara and it delivered on the crazy robot martial arts unlike Delta which only gave us a couple dancing scenes.
>>
>>15309661
They forgot that Windemere were the bad guys.
>>
File: draken_teaser.jpg (218KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
draken_teaser.jpg
218KB, 1600x900px
>>15347616
>Master File's focus on hero valks

It's true that Master File has historically profiled hero Valkyries, but consider that the Draken has a much more interesting design and transformation than the VF-31. Also, there's precedence for antagonist mecha in the Master File series. The Zaku II MF was just released, and the Sinanju was profiled a while back. I interpreted that parting shot of the Draken in the VF-31's book as a teaser for the next book in the same vein as the VF-31's appearance in the previous VF-4 Master File. I doubt the authors would have invested the effort into producing a detailed model of the Draken for a single throwaway image.

Given the explosion of Macross merchandising we're currently experiencing, I'm optimistic for an Sv-262 Master File.
>>
>>15347903
Hopefully, the Draken is pretty unique as far as VF's go.
I'm also hoping Kawamori does something with that sexy Sv.154
>>
What are the chances the new macross goes full idolshit like delta again?
>>
>>15347903
>Windamia
???
>>
>>15346080
Who cares what they think?
>>
>>15346080
>for 90% of those who watched it live
Thinking about it my opinion on Delta would probably be much better if I didn't watch it ongoing with /a/ and /m/.
Pacing issues would not be so noticeable if I could just marathon second half in few evenings. And all negativity in the threads certainly affected me. It's hard to ignore all the flaws when they are pointed out million times in every single thread.
>>
It will be wonderful if we get a sequel. Just to advertise the idol group and get more songs.

But this time with less male characters and with the addition of an evil idol group.

That will be a fucking succes.
>>
>>15348820
The idol group is already split. JUNNA is starting a solo.
My bet is the new macross is going to be full of manly man who can sing and will try to pander to Fujoshi.
>>
>>15348910
JUNNA will come back very quickly. Her career will not transcend without Walkure.
>>
File: mm.. wait, wat the heck.gif (427KB, 200x198px) Image search: [Google]
mm.. wait, wat the heck.gif
427KB, 200x198px
>>15347781
> My Boyfriend is a Pilot is not sung by anyone
.. & I almost riot about 'Do You Remember Love' not playing in the background when the merchant nigger nagging some shits episode. but then they play it finally.

guess 'When the Rune Sparkles in September' is really good that it deafening other essential Macross song, like My Boyfriend is a Pilot.
>>
Remember when we all jokingly said Delta would get not 1 but 3 movies?

That positivity feels like it was in another timeline.
>>
>>15349251
It was. The cubs/trump winning means we're in the biff timeline now.

Way to fuck everything up, mcfly.
>>
>>15330963
>Toaru Hikūshi e no Koiuta
Ponytais turn me on.
>>15331243
>Macross
>cannon
Good joke.
>>
>>15339091
>there, I can only expect next series to be even worse
That sounds impossible, as long as the music of the new series be as good or better than Delta's
>>
File: non-canon Macross Cannon.jpg (267KB, 1128x738px) Image search: [Google]
non-canon Macross Cannon.jpg
267KB, 1128x738px
>>15349400
>>
>>15341466
SDF had a pachinko game years ago, dipshit.
>>
>>15348820
Macross 35 is not going to be a sequel
>>
>>15349600
What if they make it a prequel? VF tech has kind of stagnated in the 2OP4me area, I'd like to see more experimental older designs that don't have a thrust-to-weight of 100.

Also at this point in technology by far the biggest limiting factor was the gee-force handling of the pilots, we hit that point way back in Plus when Guld became a pancake against his seat with a thrust-to-weight barely above 12. Remote controlled drones (lel fold coms) should be far superior to anything with a meatbag inside it, especially a measly human.

Also also, why is 50 years of human development got the protagonists weapons far superior than the aeon-old Zentrads?

Macross isn't realistic anymore. Plus and 7 were semi-plausible, but Frontier put the final nail in the coffin.
>>
>>15350601
>Also also, why is 50 years of human development got the protagonists weapons far superior than the aeon-old Zentrads?
because the Zentradi didn't have the ability to create anything
they couldn't even fix stuff
>>
>>15350601
prequel would mean yet another "unofficial first VF"

the VF-0 was already silly in name and SV-51 oddly advanced for the time, and who else would they be fighting if not anti-UN forces or zentradi?
>>
>>15348820
>It will be wonderful if we get a sequel. Just to advertise the idol group and get more songs. But this time with less male characters and with the addition of an evil idol group.That will be a fucking succes.

So you want Gem and the Holograms in space ?
>>
>>15350634
They kept their ships running, they built miclone catwalks, and they had a pretty clever broccoli head with them.

>>15350650
I mean a prequel for Delta or whatever you want to call it. More stuff around the post-SDF pre-Frontier timeline, I can't imagine the Macross 7 fleet was the only one to run into the Supervision Army. There's plenty of plot out there, we could even have a good story to how planet Eden was colonised. I just don't think the current VF development will be interesting, they already gave up on aircraft innovation with Delta. Remember back when they were testing pinpoint barriers, fold boosters, and sound boosters? All we got this time was strategic helmet removal, and I can't remember Frontier being interesting in this respect.
>>
>>15351076
Frontier had MDE weapons, fold crystal experimentation, and PPB ka-bar knives

the SMS had a shitton of addon packs, VF-27 had the quantum beam grenade pod, and we did get to see stuff like the q-rau in use
>>
>>15351076
They couldn't fix shit. They weren't designed to.
>>
>>15351113
That's right, fold quartz. I can't remember much of Frontier in the first place.

>>15351119
My point still stands.
>>
>>15309661
Second half felt like a completely different show.
>>
>>15348910
That's good to here. Delta is dead and it would be just plain wrong for her to be stuck in its corpse.
>>
>>15351166

What point? When a window broke they just left it alone because they had no idea how to fix it. Any problems on their ship stayed problems till the ship stopped working or blew up and that was it for the ship.
>>
>>15348910
>in before they appear in only one episode, only for Kawamori to kill them all off and replace them with girls
>>
>>15350601

Probably a mix of the fact that Zentradi never innovated as a society given their lack of culture and that humans had full access to their knowledge as well as their own.

>>15351076

A sequel that was set before Delta would still be in the era of 2fast2furious 100 to 1 thrust to weight ratio you don't like, and anything set before that point wouldn't be a Delta prequel it'd be a Plus prequel given the timing.
>>
>>15351076
> They kept their ships running, they built miclone catwalks, and they had a pretty clever broccoli head with them.

They actually didn't do shit for their ships. The ships were largely self-maintaining, like self-sealing hull breaches. If the ship got too damaged for it to operate, the Zentradi just abandoned the ship. Which was often the same as murdering most of the crew, unless there were openings on other ships already in the fleet. You can't just give the crew a new ship, because the factory sats clone up a crew to do with their ships, so each new ship already comes with a full crew.

The Zentradi system basically treats ships and their crews as totally disposable, easier to replace entirely than attempt to recover.

The miclone catwalks were only built after the zentradi had already been infected by culture, and likely were built with help from humans. 'broccoli head' is an archivist. A historian. Not an engineer.
>>
>>15350601

> 7
> semi-plausible
>>
File: 1488214031624.png (175KB, 397x399px) Image search: [Google]
1488214031624.png
175KB, 397x399px
>>15350601
>Plus and 7 were semi-plausible, but Frontier put the final nail in the coffin.
>>
>>15352017
Does prequel have to mean "a prequel set immediately before this" or "a prequel set before everything else"? I don't know how else to phrase something set between SDF and Frontier. I called it a prequel in comparison to the suggested sequel, but in retrospect the sequel being referred to was "an immediate sequel" as opposed to "a chronological next instalment in the series".
>>
>>15353618

It doesn't have to, but if you have a Delta prequel about finding and colonizing Windermere that it'll take place about 2050, which is several years after the 2fast2furious you gave out about. So any prequel that's before the point of 2fast2furious won't be a Delta prequel, it'll be a prequel to something before Plus, like finding Eden.
>>
>>15340352
Frejya is good, what are you talking about?
>>
>>15309661
NOthing
>>
File: dsc05386[1].jpg (67KB, 550x365px) Image search: [Google]
dsc05386[1].jpg
67KB, 550x365px
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-26/live-animation-heart-x-algorhythm-animated-virtual-idol-project-revealed-for-this-summer/.113951
>A booth at the AnimeJapan 2017 event revealed the Live Animation Heart x Algorhythm "virtual idol project" on Saturday. The project is a Japanese-Chinese co-production. The project will debut this summer simultaneously in Japan and China.
>A flyer at AnimeJapan 2017 for the project describes it as the "first animated live documentary variety program."
>KEI designed the two main characters pictured above. Voice actressMinori Suzuki (Macross Delta's Freya) will play the virtual idol Kirin (with pink hair)
Freyja's VA will be one of main girls in some cheap jap-chink idol show.

So now we have:
May'n/JUNNA - plays older more mature girl in anime, hired through agency recommendation, only singing voice and not actual voice acting, continues career as solo singer.
Nakajima/Minorin - plays younger and less mature girl in anime, went through open auditions, VA + singing, career goes downhill after anime end, starts to target Asian region (outside of Japan).

It's like poetry.
>>
>>15360610
I'm pretty sure that she will get more job because Freyja is very popular.

She had a role in the last Memeronpa, also. Another popular franchise.
>>
>>15339530
Lucifer was most blatant one, thou in story explanation works just fine as justification. Also, Chronos is love.
>>
>>15362173
Delta's ass and character design was pretty solid.
>>
>>15309661
nothing
>>
>>15309661
It wasn't 50 episodes
>>
https://exhentai.org/g/1018079/81bc03768e/

https://exhentai.org/g/1019786/e85c5361bf/
>>
File: 1469046972849.png (484KB, 600x821px) Image search: [Google]
1469046972849.png
484KB, 600x821px
>>15309661
Bogue didn't won the Freyjabowl.
>>
>>15364936
Always nice when they try to keep the personalities intact.
>>
>>15364936
Well, at least Mirage NTR doujins didn't go wrong
>>
>>15365383
The Mirage one was silly but also cute.
>>
>>15329593

What bothered me was that they suddenly tried to shoehorn a personality into Mikumo during the last few episodes. Especially when they came to Windermere.

I was watching Delta thinking Mikumo was just this cool, soulless woman that doesn't give a shit until they pulled off this shit.
>>
>>15347707

Personally I think there's still a chance. I mean we still got until December to bask in more Delta goodness before the new series takes over.
>>
>>15309661
The story was a mess, the romance was a mess, the series looked terrible because of the low budget.

I was still enjoyable though and despite being a Miragefag, I can't help but like Freya enough to be happy that she won.

Still there could have been done sooo much more with this premise and these characters and instead we got .... well whatever Delta's story turned out to be.
>>
>>15365611
With all the negative reception, I think everyone wants to forget about Delta asap.
>>
>>15365738

It's a mixed bag. Sure the anime was a little bit of a letdown, but Walkure and Delta merch are still selling like hotcakes in Japan. Delta's not going away anytime soon.
>>
>>15365816
>It's a mixed bag. Sure the anime was a little bit of a letdown, but Walkure and Delta merch are still selling like hotcakes in Japan. Delta's not going away anytime soon.
Walkure yes, Delta no.
>>
>>15365611

I doubt it. If they announced new projects at a Walkure concert but didn't say any of them were Delta related it's unlikely there's any more coming.
>>
>>15309661
nothing
>>
>>15309661
It didn't get another 25 episodes.
>>
>>15367904
>sagd reporthed hided
Haven't you already "hided" this thread >>15337368, sperglord? That's unhealthy level of butthurt.
>>
>>15365816
>selling like hotcakes
sauce other than Walkure Attack's figures
>>
>>15369278
>implying
macross is ded & buried shitty anon
>>
>>15319594
>sshhhhh lawn dart is sleeping
>>
SHERYL NOME >>>> macross

/thread
>>
File: MacrossDeltaThreads.jpg (2MB, 2097x1368px) Image search: [Google]
MacrossDeltaThreads.jpg
2MB, 2097x1368px
>>
stop bumping this shit thread
Deltas was complete shit, fucking accept it
>>
So on another note, what was the point of the flower girl in 7?
>>
File: gamlin kick!!!!!!!.gif (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
gamlin kick!!!!!!!.gif
1MB, 640x480px
>>15314654
hell Il argue that 7 despite all the recycling of animation dos macross better then delta
>>
>>15371896
but 7 does Macross the best
>>
>>15371474
that's a draken not a starfighter you fuckin geek
>>
>>15347781
>My Boyfriend is a Pilot is not sung by anyone
Thank God, since it is the shittiest song of the original and of the franchise probably.
>>
>>15348820
I'd watch that. Make the idols piloting fighters and i'm sold. Every Macross except Plus so far was "real mecha in super robot setting" to different degrees in different series, so why the fuck not.
>>
>>15365609
My thoughts exactly.
>>
File: Meltran molesting micron.gif (2MB, 374x374px) Image search: [Google]
Meltran molesting micron.gif
2MB, 374x374px
Mirage didn't macronize and just take Hayate for herself and make him into her little sex toy.
>>
File: 1460305997966.jpg (119KB, 886x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460305997966.jpg
119KB, 886x720px
>>
>>15374951

It's still kind of funny to me that she makes that gesture since the "V" symbol is often used as a two finger fuck you in the UK, and possibly more of Europe. The image doesn't even have to be edited to be obscene.
>>
Does anyone have a working link to the Macross The Tribute album?
Thread posts: 254
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.