[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MS IGLOO is basically War in The Pocket except it's actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 13

File: 9035.png (414KB, 636x360px) Image search: [Google]
9035.png
414KB, 636x360px
MS IGLOO is basically War in The Pocket except it's actually good and worth watching, lets be honest with ourselves.
>>
>>15309343
The Federation didn't use MS to take Odessa apart from the Whitebase crew

Retcons are dumb
>>
Horrendous bait.
>>
>>15309343
If it weren't full CG and there wasn't that freaky death god shit in Igloo 2, if would probably be one of the better rated OVAs.
>>
>>15309365
Please do not lump IGLOO in with IGLOO 2. Even Bandai knows the latter was a mistake.
>>
>>15309387
2 was better than 1 though
>>
File: GT_440.jpg (299KB, 832x1280px) Image search: [Google]
GT_440.jpg
299KB, 832x1280px
The best part of Igloo was the blue zaku that went 2fast2furious and the guntank model that was shown to be way better than humanoid mobile suits
>>
>>15309343
They are nothing alike, thematically, visually or even in the way the story is told.
Why would you even make this shitty thread? I hate this fucking board so much
>>
Both are formulaic as hell, but IGLOO 1 has a better formula.

>Weapon is to be tested by the Jotunheim with a pilot with some sort of personal stake in it, weapon does well but at the cost of its pilot, we see Zeon deteriorate to the point where they approve weapons before they've been tested and slap together mobile armors from whatever is lying around

>Federation soldier who hates their job goes up against overwhelming odds and seems to win, but then loses, while a literal phantom floats around, and it's not symbolism because characters interact with it

HOYW > Apocalypse 0079 > Dogshit > Gravity Front

That said, 0080 is better than IGLOO, and I say this as a huge IGLOOfag.
>>
>>15309420
>They are nothing alike, thematically, visually or even in the way the story is told.
They're the same stories, anon. The difference is Alfred is an annoying git that needed to be booted out of the way.
>>
File: Shinigami 0079.png (707KB, 1284x428px) Image search: [Google]
Shinigami 0079.png
707KB, 1284x428px
>>15309365
>death god shit
Fuck you nigger, that shinigami stuff has been around since 0079.

>But anon that's Dolze's evilness
Then why didn't the other Zabi's like Gihren and Kycilia display such evilness right before they died
Plus Dozle was presented as a better Zabi like Garma.
>>
the CG facial expressions were meh.

the shinigami was a horrible addition and as grunts we knew they were going to die anyway.
>>
>>15309343
Are you sure you watched either of those things? I'm not sure you did.
>>
>>15309343
what do you mean War in The Pocket?
>>
>>15309409
Why didn't they manufacture more of those things?
>>
>>15309991
I thought that was dozel's rage
>>
>>15310299
Because it's a Japanese robot model selling franchise, not some sci-fi novel.
>>
File: RTX-440 Rebellion.jpg (2MB, 2258x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RTX-440 Rebellion.jpg
2MB, 2258x1600px
>>15309409
>>15310299
besides its cameo in Build Fighters. I'm happy that it got some rep time in 0083 Rebellion.
>>
File: The Rebellion.png (4MB, 2018x1274px) Image search: [Google]
The Rebellion.png
4MB, 2018x1274px
>>15310544
really love how Rebellion is taking "The Origins" approach with retelling the story. The beginning earth arc really getting fleshed out helps add more character development to the cast. Plus the new variants it adds are pure fun
>Adzam/Zaku/Apsalus hybrid MA
>Chobham Armor for Unit 1
>Aqua Gundam armor for Unit 1 to chase Gato's Jukon sub
>GM Cannon II Striker w/0081 style beam rifle and armor motif
>G-Armor II for Unit 1

I need some gunpla of these. If Thundebolt can get its own line, what's stopping Rebellion?!
>>
>Another JEWGundam2099 thread
>>
File: Mechanical Continuity.png (4MB, 2244x1014px) Image search: [Google]
Mechanical Continuity.png
4MB, 2244x1014px
>>15310636
incorporating MSV and side story material is a really cool aspect of Rebellion.
>M-MSV
>0080
>0081
>MS Igloo
>08th MS Team (Alice Miller/Adzam Repair)
>MSV-R (GM Night Seeker/Assault Gunperry)
>Lost War Chronicles (Matt Healy/Ken)

Any other connections to other stories I missed so far?
>>
>>15310643
Oh shut the hell up, Duelrager. At the very least please connect the dots for those of us not fueled by paranoid autism.
>>
>>15309991
>Fuck you nigger, that shinigami stuff has been around since 0079.
But it didn't spend a lot of time TRYING to be spooky and only being an annoyance at best with its retarded monologues
>>
>>15309991
>that shinigami stuff has been around since 0079

That was the manifestation of Dozle's emotions, rage, anger, blah blah, against an enemy of Zeon, as perceived by Amuro's Newtype senses, you forgot this last part. It's not his "evilness", what the hell made you think of THAT?

To add, Dozle was directly facing the White Devil while Ghiren probably didn't even register his own death and Kycilia got double-crossed. Neither participated in frontline battle, and Dozle was the most emotionally open out of the three Zabi siblings. If anyone were so emotionally charged as to be able to manifest a projection when viewed through the Gundam equivalent of 3D glasses, Dozle easily makes the mark by a large margin. In comparison, Ghiren and Kycilia were cold lizard bastards.

>B-but fuck you Garma didn't have it!

Garma's target in his last moments was the White Base. Furthermore, Amuro's NT abilities were not even openly manifesting at that time yet.

Meanwhile the shinigami ends IG2, by narrating to the spirit of the dead Guntank pilot, about how she got her jimmies played like a fucking fiddle by her double agent former boyfriend. In comparison, Dozle's manifestation did fuck all except give Amuro an impromtu IMAX experience.

I suppose one can make a point that the pilot's Newtype tendencies awoke at a critical juncture just before her death that allowed her will to linger long enough to add WHATATWEEST to the story, but seeing as we're given no indication as to any form of Newtypism in the entirety of all IGLOO works, to say nothing of IG2, it's understandable as to why nobody would see it that way.

It didn't even do anything until the last IGLOO story anyways, it just floated around for the first two, do I assume the guys involved were NTs too? Fuck that. IG2's beginning also featured the super UFO HLVs used by Zeon. Fuck that, too.

The 3D was okay though.
>>
>>15309409
>You can play them is Battle Operation. That game has a lot of obscure suits, I like it. Shame about the sortie limit.
>>
Some of those early episodes were pretty jank though.

In particular episode 2 where the stolen Zakus would raid JPEG bases.

That said, it had its moments... I still want to run an all tank army in a mech game at some point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSz7nKYNSTo
>>
File: vlcsnap-2014-09-05-05h35m59s85.png (635KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-09-05-05h35m59s85.png
635KB, 1280x720px
>>15311076
>they add the ground assault type Guntank in
>it can transform

>they add the Hildolfr in
>it can't transform
>>
>>15310684
the adzam mobile armour was fuckin neato

really made the Africa arc more tense as opposed to a half a dozen mobile suits
>>
I think Igloo 2 is pretty good to be honest, even if it looks like a shoddy PS3 game cutscene. In my opinion, it does a really nice job at painting Zakus and Zeon as a whole to be an extremely horrifying threat if you don't have a MS.
>>
File: 20355.jpg (177KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20355.jpg
177KB, 1600x900px
>>15311076
msgo has them too
>>
>>15311730
>mfw

That must be the legendary Magella Mk. XLIV produced by Shin Neo Neue True Final Zeon of the post-Victory era. Truly, a weapon to surpass mobile suits.
>>
>>15311844
It's a Hildolfr, flying with a Sub Flight System, alongside a Zanzibar, above New Yark.
>>
>>15310643
>(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
>>
>>15312099

The White Base would have went down if Garma had this back then. Hildolfr stronk. Dodai and Hildolfr stronker.

Joke aside, the Hildolfr is the one Zeon mobile weapon I genuinely like. Highly mobile, packing firepower, limber in action.
>>
>>15309343
MS IGLOO was good, I'm glad I stuck with it despite initially being turned off by the animation.
>>
>>15312133
I wish mods would ban Duelrager
>>
>>15309343
The series i like is basically the series you like except it's actually good and worth watching, lets be honest with ourselves.
>>
>>15312134
But its a tank.

If they revealed tanks are actually far superior to giant robots too hard what would be the point of the series?
>>
>>15309353
White base wasn't at Odessa, tv version cuck
ORIGIN manga >0079 movies >>>> reruns family guy >>>>> 0079 tv
>>
Remember when we enjoyed all the Igloos for their exploitable reaction imagery?

What happened to you people?
>>
>>15312703
People started to take it seriously.
>>
File: what (2).png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
what (2).png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>15312703
NANI?!?!
>>
>>15312218

>If they revealed tanks are actually far superior to giant robots too hard what would be the point of the series?

It's quite ironic is that IGLOO EP. 2 nailed that the hardest, it's easily one of the best tank vs MS episodes in anything Gundam. It's like Zeon suddenly turned reasonable and competent. Then at the end of the episode, you're reminded that 603 is where they send unfavored and/or unwanted projects to die.

I'm not one to blindly accept "why doesn't the technology spread to tanks and planes" for any given series setting just because, but it doesn't take away from the Hildolfr being an example of what might happen when it does.

IG2 has some moments in its own tank episode, but it still didn't quite match up to the Hildolfr's own. There may have been moments like the Feddie pilots staying around in the smoke cloud instead of boosting out and over it, but there are far sillier moments in IGLOO overall than just those. To add, the episode had some of the best battle choreography in the series.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.