[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Armoured core AC pilot training regimen?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

How would a pilot for an average AC be trained? Share your thoughts?
>>
By checking the catalog.

>>15293580
>>
File: 1007992865567aa34a45041.jpg (12KB, 530x280px) Image search: [Google]
1007992865567aa34a45041.jpg
12KB, 530x280px
>>15306617
>>
>>15306617
AMS nerve test
>>
>>15306617
Ac training would probably be one of the most hellish things outside of cybernewtype training, even more so if its about teh NEXT since I thing the pilot is integrated somehow into controlling it like its an extension of their own body
>>
>>15306630

Being a NEXT pilot was basically like being in Gundam. There were literally Old types, Newtypes and Cyber Newtypes
>>
>>15306634
Yeah but it was more like "who can better neurally interface with their machine" with the extreme being that one android/cyborg asshole with a weird as fuck ACFragile or something, also I don't remember but were we normals or augmented?
>>
>>15306643
seems like every LYNX at least got a bit augmentation for the AMS control
>>
>>15306643

Your dude has no characterization, so he could be augmented or not.

There were Oldtypes with no special machine intuition, AMS-aptitude guys who just seem to have a superior cognition or whatever who are basically Newtypes, and Fragile was an experiment who was artificially enhanced with cybernetics to give him a smoother interface. So was the AC4 White Glint pilot.

Those guys are basically the kids from IBO.
>>
>>15306678
>Your dude has no characterization, so he could be augmented or not.
Didn't some enemy pilots screech at us for being oldtype and still beating them? I swear there is one guy who has a mental breakdown upon while dying and screaming that he couldn't have been defeated by a normal pilot
>>
>>15306684
Are you sure that wasn't Fragile? He was kind of a fag
>>
>>15306684
Normal is the name of for old AC

he's mad because someone from the day of old beat him
>>
>>15306684

I think the only game where your guy is implied to have any kind of backstory whatsoever was Master of Arena, where Nineball apparently killed your family way back or something and you're trying to become number 1 so you can finally get vengeance.

I don't think this is actually in the game. It might have been in the instruction manual.

Otherwise the only story you are ever given is "you pilot this big robot, and you're in a mercenary organization, and you have an operator" and you're left to make up everything.
>>
>>15306643
>>15306678
>>15306684
>>15306703
>the only game where your guy is implied to have any kind of backstory whatsoever
The AC4 protagonist was explicitly a mercenary pilot of regular ACs before being obsoleted by NEXTs and taken in by Anatolia. A few characters make reference to it, like Unseel, who calls him a fossil.

I'm not actually sure NEXT pilots get much training inherently, I think they're just so powerful that they can and do stick any scrub with bare minimum AMS capacity in one and expect results. It's a GA specialty.

As for ACs though, I get the sense that it's really up to you. You take the initiation test, then either you're good enough to make the cut or you're not. Raven organisations aren't exactly the handholding type.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.