[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could Plavsky Particles be only limited to moving and making

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

Could Plavsky Particles be only limited to moving and making Gunpla work? Do you think we can have Macross or some Super Sentai toys join matches?
>>
The most important factor is most probably the plastic, the rest should be just coding the stuff for your customs in the GP Base beforehand.

After all, custom shit made of custom parts work.

So if the plastic is the same as gunpla plastic, it should work
>>
At bare minimum, wouldn't you just need a frame of plavsky plastic?

Or maybe not even a frame. Spray a coating of plavsky plastic on top of whatever model or thing you want it to move.
>>
>>15303818
Aren't all plastics the same though?
>>15303830
Did that ever appear in the show?
>>
Plamo Kyoshiro, the first gunpla battle manga, featured Scopedogs, Vifam, L-Gaim and a few Dunbine suits among others.

As long as it's from Sunrise and modeled by Bandai, it should work.
>>
>>15303818
Super Fumina is partially made of resin. Minato specifically mentions that her chest is made of a soft resin so it's squishable. Sure it's plastic, but plastic is a generic term. And it's an elastomer so it's a different type of plastic than what the kits are made of.
>>
>>15304381
I think Plamo Kyoshiro featured WWII model vehicles in one chapter.
>>
>>15304381
>>15304796
Yeah there's a ton of different franchises that show up in it, either as cameos or in a match, like Dougram Thunderbirds Nazis Star Wars Exorcist
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/o18qveirrtgl4/Plump_Man_KiyoShi
>>
File: 1472205683679.jpg (98KB, 691x991px) Image search: [Google]
1472205683679.jpg
98KB, 691x991px
>>15303818
>The most important factor is most probably the plastic
So Cos-Battle WHEN?!?!
>>
>>15303765
Supposedly Plavsky Particles only react with the plastic used in Gunpla model kits. This seems a bit odd to me, since Gunpla kits aren't made of any unique polymer, but I guess in the world of Build Fighters they are and it's proprietary to keep people from playing with other mecha series. Though they have to sell blanks for the sake of people making custom parts, so I don't see why someone couldn't make a non-Gundam mecha and play with it. It would probably be banned from any official tourneys, but you could do it.
>>
File: 1384234767138.jpg (131KB, 963x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1384234767138.jpg
131KB, 963x1024px
>>15303765
If it's made of Bandai plastic and you're willing to risk damage that you may not be able to repair because it's a toy, I don't see why not.
>>
>>15305864
Or just do the lowest settings and not damage it. This is shown a few times in the show. But it also seems to always dump the gunpla straight to the table if the match ends with your gunpla in the air so...
>>
>>15303765
They *say* it only interacts with Bandai's special plastic, but then in the finale you see A Baoa Qu rip a fuckhuge hole in the ceiling of the arena, so unless *that* was made out of Bandai plastic they've got a plot hole on their hands.
>>
>>15305908
From what I remember, the reason why it was able to do that was because the crystal was freaking out and the Plavsky particles were spreading everywhere and PPSE had an actual model of A Baoa Qu they were going to bring out after the finals in order to show off their new products. Meaning that since the arena was inside the Plavsky zone, it was fair game to being blown the fuck up.
>>
>>15305908
A bunch of shenanigans happened in that scene. I took it as the extreme overpour if plavsky particles became more real than people cared to admit.
>>
>>15305908
>They *say* it only interacts with Bandai's special plastic, but then in the finale you see A Baoa Qu rip a fuckhuge hole in the ceiling of the arena, so unless *that* was made out of Bandai plastic they've got a plot hole on their hands.
Hell, a Baseball was able to take out a soda can well outside of the arena halfway though the first series, and I don't know if they'd go all the way to model Ball baseballs just for that match...
>>
>>15305963
That was not a physical model of A Baoa Qu. It was larger than the building.
The line you're thinking of referred to the Mocks, not the stage.
>>15306014
>I don't know if they'd go all the way to model Ball baseballs
Of course they would. And a plastic ball could break a drinking glass if it were going fast enough.
>>
>>15303765
>year 2050
>you're now 60+ yrs old
>plavksy particles are invented
>gunpla battle is now a thing
Would you still play /m/?
>>
>>15306082
>2050
I'll be...74
Sure. I'll play.
>>
File: meijin vs meijin.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
meijin vs meijin.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
>>15303765
>>some Super Sentai toys join matches?
1/6 Metal Heroes Versus when?

>>15306082
Why NOT?
>>
>>15306082
>>15306098
72, and if I can even hold the controller I'll at least try!
>>
File: 5435345.jpg (125KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
5435345.jpg
125KB, 1024x576px
>>15306112
>1/6 Metal Heroes Versus when?
Oh my....
>>
>>15305337
The whole thing works basically on magic.

I just wondered how customization actually works. Like if you take a power source from model that's super powerful based on it's lore and add it to some other random model, would it then work properly, as super powerful power source.
>>
>>15305908
>only interacts
Not just that imo.

To make the maps and such, they need to either simulate the terrain of the map via plavsky/plastic interaction, or really form the map using plavsky particles so the gunpla can actually interact with the map. That incident seem to point to the latter, it formed the map in an extra large plavsky field, and after forming the map, the formed map ended up destroying the stadium when it extends vertically fully.
>>
>>15306762
Also, damage levels.

Other than manipulating the plastic and presumably forming the terrain, plavsky particles is apparently capable of damaging the plastic.
The machine is able to damage the plastic during the battles via plavsky particles, a beam saber attack will cut the plastic for real, a shot would punch a hole in it, etc. To do that the particle control should probably be able to vary between full simulation level to actually damage the plastic(Cutting, heat, force, etc) and minimal damage(Just pulling the joints apart). The full simulation part is the key point here, the full capability of the particle allows for the destruction of the very plastic it is manipulating, not only can the control system force the plastic to break via smashing them into the solid map(formed by plavsky) or other gunpla, it can also melt or cut with streams of plavsky particles(beam weapons).
Now, how high can the temperature of a stream of plavsky particle go now that we concluded that it can at least melt plastic? How tough can a structure formed with plavsky actually be if it could destroy infrastructure made with steel and concrete? If it could cut plastic, how powerful is a stream of plavsky as a cutting tool?
A lot of questions come into play once you thinking about it.
>>
>>15306784
So what does this mean?
Will the next (possible) season of GBF have terrorists use Gunpla to kill people and we will accuse it for ripping off Danball Senki?
>>
>>15303765
I wonder what happens to bootlegs
>>
>>15306784
This seems like a cheap tactic to force kids to buy replacement parts
>>
>>15306762
That only happened when the plavsky crystal was overloading and going berserk. Normally its just a sort of hologram only the gunpla can interact with and there has been a time or two when a character put their hands on the field and passed through the terrain.
>>
>>15306082
Yes and without a second thought.. Being able to fight with your Gunpla is every /m/an's dream so why would I turn down the opportunity to do so?
>>
>>15306784
>The machine is able to damage the plastic during the battles via plavsky particles, a beam saber attack will cut the plastic for real, a shot would punch a hole in it, etc

Not exactly. From what was seen in S1 at least the particles only really do impact damage to the model itself that can separate, crack, or shatter parts. Actual cutting, melting, etc is a visual effect caused by a hologram layered over the gunpla. When the field fades that sort of damage disappears with it revealing the true damage underneathe.

For example, in the regionals the gyan gya gyan was cut in half diagonally by a beam saber from its hip to its shoulder, yet when the field faded it showed that only the torso parts had come disconnected with no melted or cut parts lining up with what was shown in the battle.

Similarly the Wing gundam in episode 1 was sliced up, had a hole melted through the torso, and then exploded, but when the field faded there were just some separated and cracked parts with no burn or melt damage.
>>
>>15307448
>Will the next (possible) season of GBF have terrorists use Gunpla to kill people
Time for a return of the GUNPLA MAFIA
>>
>>15306082
2050... I'd still be plenty young! So who cares? Gunpla is FREEDOOOOOOM.
>>
>>15307448
>GBF have terrorists use Gunpla to kill people
GUNPLALLAH ACKBAR
>>
>>15311997
Which gets weirder in the ending of Amazing Exia vs F91 Imagine, the Exia slices the F91 but no actual damage is revealed.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.