[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do we anyone at /m/ who appreciates Chouja Reideen?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

File: 45054-1396100131.jpg (2MB, 1414x1400px) Image search: [Google]
45054-1396100131.jpg
2MB, 1414x1400px
Do we anyone at /m/ who appreciates Chouja Reideen?
>>
I -love- Dagwon
>>
File: quality MoTW design.jpg (98KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
quality MoTW design.jpg
98KB, 720x576px
It's one of my favorite "dumb" shows and I even ended up buying it on DVD and the SRC.
>>
>>15303693
Man that looks super Obari.
>>
>>15303705
>and the SRC
I'm so sorry.
>>
>>15303727
is it like super bad or something?
>>
>>15303735
It's quite literally a brick (so, actually quite accurate) with some pretty dumb design decisions here and there.

The hands for example have their own pegs that you pop into the forearms which sounds fine and dandy if it wasn't for the fact that if you also put on the weapons then, hand and weapon, pry the two halves of the forearm apart. This could've been easily solved by giving the weapon attachment points some sort of polycap-esque encasing.

Also, the blue on mine faded away for some reason resulting in it becoming silver.
>>
>>15303754
My problem is that it's just so damn fiddly. I can't put it in anything other than a very basic pose without it collapsing or something falling off. I have 17 SRCs, and it's the only one I was disappointed with.
>>
>>15303709
Obari actually animated the final battle, and God reideen gets dancouga colors
>>
>>15303766

As said, I guess they tried to make it show-accurate by turning it into a barely posable chunk of metal and plastic.
Outside of the final episodes I don't remember it doing anything more impressive than lifting a finger, slowly shooting an arrow that toasted every major city on earth at once and transforming into God Bird mode.
>>
>>15303693
>>15303693
No because its a shitty obscure show people will suck its dick constantly for because its old and not popular
>>
is this subbed?
>>
>>15303944
all of it
>>
Yep. It was a pretty fun series - not spectacular but not terrible.

It did have a pretty fucking great soundtrack though, which I couldn't find uploaded anywhere so I went ahead and snagged the 3 OST Volumes and uploaded them here:

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=903467

and here:

https://mega.nz/#F!sglAQSzI!lIHSvaoPHpwtKKXrvUKoVA

Enjoy.
>>
File: CHOUJA KOURIN.png (424KB, 635x468px) Image search: [Google]
CHOUJA KOURIN.png
424KB, 635x468px
I really like Chouja Raideen (as in the robot), it's a goddamn shame it only showed up at the end of the second to last episode - seriously, titular robot showing up in EPISODE 37, that has to be some kind of record - and it spent its entire screen time getting its ass smacked by God Raideen/Black God Raideen.
>>
>>15303855
I'm pretty sure the show is almost impossible to like unironically. The darn thing has stuff like the duck episode and a monster so ridiculous-looking that it would fit better in a comedic series.
>>
File: reideen2.webm (324KB, 360x288px) Image search: [Google]
reideen2.webm
324KB, 360x288px
>>15308263
> duck episode
That it was a two-parter was even worse/better.
>>
File: bully her.png (420KB, 635x468px) Image search: [Google]
bully her.png
420KB, 635x468px
>>15308263
>it would fit better in a comedic series.

...and this wasn't one? Most of the MotWs were silly as fuck in this show.
>>
>>15308240
>titular robot showing up in EPISODE 37
w-what the fuck do they do in the first 36 episodes? beat the monsters with their fists?
>>
>>15308318
The show is a powered armor show for almost the entire thing where the main cast uses the Raideen armors to beat up demons that are often much larger than they are (although not always).

Then in the second to last episode they all combine together into one giant robot which (from what little we see of it) seems to have all the individual power armor powers. It still loses because God Raideen is absolutely bullshit broke as fuck, but they last a decent amount of time against it.

Also nothing at any point implies they have a giant robot form, they just sort of make it happen. The second opening makes it seem like they might use God Raideen themselves, but nope, EVIL MUST BE OBLITERATED and all that.
>>
File: 185.jpg (1MB, 900x1392px) Image search: [Google]
185.jpg
1MB, 900x1392px
>>15308318
Transform into some bird-Tekkamen.
>>
>>15308314
Nah, specifically talking about the proto-Truth Orochi thing.
>>
File: HEY EVERYBODY.png (379KB, 637x480px) Image search: [Google]
HEY EVERYBODY.png
379KB, 637x480px
>>15308400
Tons of the MotWs were goddamn silly though. Remember the horse carousel? Dog Detective? That weird fucking thing with the tentacles and the old guy face? The panty raid toad?
>>
>>15308484
Yeah, the writers basically went nuts here. Almost seems like stuff that would have fit neatly in the weirder Sentai shows.
>>
>>15303693
>that boyband on the cover
Gundam Wing, is that you?
>>
>>15308351
And we're sure this isn't a Dagwon followup?
>>
>>15308497
Technically, they shared some staff, according to Anidb and ANN.
>>
>>15308493
GW isn't even a fraction as faggy as this.
>>
>>15308518
chamber music tea parties are pretty damn gay
>>
>>15308491
And it was great. The absurdity is probably the best part of this show.

>>15308497
Would be extremely difficult, considering Dagwon ended in 1997 and Chouja Raideen started in 1996.
>>
File: reideen2.jpg (67KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
reideen2.jpg
67KB, 720x576px
>>15308526
Still doesn't hold a candle compared to the shit in this.
>>
>>15308531
>Would be extremely difficult, considering Dagwon ended in 1997 and Chouja Raideen started in 1996.
So Dagwon wasn't even bringing "cute guys get hero gear" to the table? lol
>>
>>15308642
Wasn't that technically Samurai Troopers/Ronin Warriors? Unless you want to argue that it was Saint Seiya.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.