[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternate Universe Gundams

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: e5a7115b12c3785add884e55eec64269.jpg (152KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
e5a7115b12c3785add884e55eec64269.jpg
152KB, 1024x768px
Which alternate timeline Gundam series outside of Universal Century are good/worth watching?

pic maybe unrelated
>>
>>15298944
KIDOU
SHIN
SEIKI
AFTAH WAHR GUNNNDAMU EKKKSU
>>
>>15298944
SEED, AGE, G-Reco and IBO.

You can thank me later.
>>
>>15298952
Why would you do that anon? Just go into someones thread and LIE to them?
>>
G, X, 00 (debatable), and Build Fighters. Turn A and G-Reco are part of UC.
>>
File: 500px-GundamX-09-01.jpg (36KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
500px-GundamX-09-01.jpg
36KB, 500x375px
>>15298949
Does X have the best Gundam captain? He is a fucking badass
>>
>>15298975
He is a fusion between Amuro, Bright and Quattro. Of course he is best Gundam captain! Plus he actually ends up piloting.

>>15298949
Seconding this, it's basically a straight different take on UC which is fairly light-hearted and turns the whole newtype-shit over its own head, which is refreshing.
Plus Gundam X and the derivatives are all great gundams.

00 is a little bit too serious for its own good, but the beginning is pretty ok at least (rest is divisive). Build Fighters is pretty fun but the last few episodes.
>>
>>15298960
I'm sorry, you're right.

>>15298944
Don't bother watching IBO, OP.

It's not finished yet.
>>
>>15298952
>Seed
>G-REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEco
>AGE
I know this is bait, but come on.
>>15298944
00, G gundam, IBO, After X, BF (not Try) is the real list
>>
File: 324234352634277.png (373KB, 494x494px) Image search: [Google]
324234352634277.png
373KB, 494x494px
>>15298975

I like how he was a melting pot of character traits from famous Gundam characters but ended up being a strong character in his own right.

I also like how his outfit was similar to Amuro's CCA uniform, with them being roughly the same time apart (Jamil being 15 years after the 7th Space War and Amuro in CCA being 14 years after the One Year War).
>>
>>15298944

going by Turn-A Timeline

UC, AC, After War, FC, Turn-A

Then forget anything that came after Turn-A
>>
G, X, 00 are worth a viewing in my opinion.
>>
G, After War, 00, are all legit good.
Wing might be worth it if you have any shred of nostalgia for it.
Seed is bad.
>>
>>15298944
Any recommendation that doesn't include G Gundam is wrong
>>
>>15298944
Unequivocally good: G, X, 00 first season
Might be worth a try: Wing, SEED, 00 second season
Mediocre: IBO
Unequivocally bad: SEED Destiny, AGE
>>
>>15298944
Just check some bits and decide for yourself which you want to watch. All of them has fans and haters. All of them has something worth even if some people here deny it.
>>
>>15298944
None of them. AU are shows that were too shit to stand out on their own merit so they get a Gundam reskin at the last moment for brand recognition.
>>
>>15299903
WOW! It's Johnny Sunrise! He's here to tell all of us bar-car guy-gene about how a Gundam series is made!
*clap clap clap*
Please share more of your valuable wisdom with us, sir!
>>
>>15299926
Mind your own god damn business.
>>
>>15299941
WOW! No need to get so uppity, sir. I was just surprised to find someone so important on a little backwater foreign website like this one.

So please, tell us more of how a Gundam series is made. We'd all like to know.
>>
>>15299949
If you don't stop replying to me I will have you reported for harassment. I'm not in the fucking mood to deal with snot nosed punks like you tonight...
>>
>>15299954
:O
Please sir, don't report me for harassment! You just seemed to know so much but didn't state any sources so I just assumed you were the one and only Johnny Sunrise. Because only someone of his calibre would be able to make a statement like >>15299926 and anyone else would just be spouting nothing but uninformed dribble. YOU wouldn't ever do that, right?
>>
>>15299982
Damn it, I clicked my post instead of >>15299903
Oh well.
>>
>>15299982
>>15299987
That's it you're freaking done kid. You fucked with the wrong guy.
>>
>>15298949
Watching it right now, liking it so far.
>>
>>15298949
>Watching fanfic garbage

The only reason you hipster shits like this boring-ass show is because you want nostalgia replacement for the even shittier GW.
>>
>>15298944
Just roll a die and do what it says. Pretty much as good and consistent recommendations as you get by asking.
>>
>>15298944
G Gundam
GBF and GBFT
Turn-A Gundam

00 and IBO have their problems, but they're easily have the better stories of any of the AU shows produced in this millennium. Although I don't like it, SEED/SD is also hugely popular.
>>
>>15298944
00 is the best one.
>>
Gundam 00 season 1 can fit into every other Gundam timeline.
>>
File: new to gundam.jpg (3MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
new to gundam.jpg
3MB, 2800x3402px
>>15298944
>>
>>15303589
this fucking chart
>Turn A
>regarded by many as a low point in the franchise
The old one was better, whoever updated this is a fucking hack
>>
File: The Last Outpost Cover.jpg (55KB, 341x500px) Image search: [Google]
The Last Outpost Cover.jpg
55KB, 341x500px
>>15298944
As far as shows go. I would recomend 00 & G Gundam (cause it's fun). As far as manga is concerned check out Gundam The Last Outpost/Gundam Wing G-Unit. A great story that takes place in the AC timeline but is basically it's own story. Has it's own offical english version and it's a super short read. Also I haven't finished it yet but check out Gundam Wing Endless Waltz: The Glory of Losers. I can't really reccomend it yet but alot of people have told me that it's a better retelling and reimagining of the Wing series, and I've liked it so far.

(Pic of Last Outpost)
>>
>>15303753
>Gundam Wing Endless Waltz: The Glory of Losers. I can't really reccomend it yet but alot of people have told me that it's a better retelling and reimagining of the Wing series, and I've liked it so far.
I don't know why assholes keep shoveling this bullshit to people but it's not a better reimagining of Wing. If anything it's a mixed bag. It shifts around the character development and changes major plot points seemingly arbitrarily and without much reason.

To be fair, sometimes this works in the manga's favor but other times it's complete and utter shit. It also has a huge problem with pacing. While the show would drag on too long, the manga flies by what are supposed to be important moments. Oh and GorL uses FT as it's backstory. So it's required reading if you want to understand certain random characters being mentioned or popping up in panels for no reason.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.