[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Contemporary Gundam series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 367.jpg (500KB, 1600x1147px) Image search: [Google]
367.jpg
500KB, 1600x1147px
CGI aside this is by far the best modern Gundam series and best entry for those just getting into Gundam as a whole
>>
>>15295235
Definitely not. You might like the story and animation but you need to know previous UC Gundam stories to actually enjoy it and understand it.
>>
I think it's Origin at this point actually.
>>
>>15295824
>Definitely not. You might like the story and animation but you need to know previous UC Gundam stories to actually enjoy it and understand it.

What a load of crap. You can certainly understand and enjoy Unicorn without ever having watched 0079, Zeta, ZZ and CCA. I mean the first fucking episode starts with a condensed history lesson of the UC.
Knowing the other shows only helps in noticing some inside joke, or some obscure reference.
But that is not necessary to the enjoyment of Unicorn.
>>
>>15295824
I love Unicorn and I don't deny that. However, I don't see why this should be considered a bad thing. That's like saying Empire isn't the best Star Wars movie because it requires watching Hope to better understand it.
>>
>>15298578
Empire came out 3 years after The New Hope and is exact and direct narrative sequel of one and same series.

Unicorn came out decades after the stuff it proceeded and is presented as new series, with it's own protagonist and story and all.
If Unicorn doesn't work on it's own, that's a failure for it.

Though, I assume that Unicorn is perfectly watchable and understandable even without intimate knowledge of older UC stuff.
>>
>>15298616
That doesn't change the fact it requires you to watch Hope. Unicorn is part of a larger story like Empire.
>>
>>15295235
It's probably the Origin books. They are a beautiful refresh of 0079 and are available (or will eventually be made available) freely through comic walker. When I first started reading it, it made me want to rewatch the original series again even though I've seen it dozens of times.
>>
>>15295235
That's not terribly high praise considering the competition.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.