[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why exactly did Xebec decide to continue a show they made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1483099265178.jpg (250KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1483099265178.jpg
250KB, 640x960px
So why exactly did Xebec decide to continue a show they made in 04 out of nowhere?
Not that I'm complaining or anything but still
>>
>original was 2004
>movie was 2010
>exodus was 2015
Fafner sequels just take five years to come out every time
It's a slow burn
>>
>>15294675
They knew the time was right.
OH GOD I HOPE THE BEYOND COMES OUT SOON
>>
>>15294678
Yeah this, it wasn't totally out of nowhere. The series is a continuing story with devoted Japanese fans that sells reasonably well, which is probably enough for Xebec to justify it.

Keep in mind too that Exodus was announced in 2011. The gap is only so noticeable because of delay after delay.
>>
I didn't know Athrun had a twin.
>>
>>15294675
Because they were free and work was offered to them. It's not that difficult to understand.
>>
Xebec has no input on the matter of when a series is done tho
>>
File: CcM7LcDUcAAdVBY.jpg (219KB, 1080x1271px) Image search: [Google]
CcM7LcDUcAAdVBY.jpg
219KB, 1080x1271px
>>15294675
Because everyone in the company likes it and they did it as a labor of love, just like Sanzigen made Bubuki/Buranki even though the sales weren't that good, god bless their souls
>>
Because Fafner is a labor of love and a true tribute to the mecha genre rather than some generic mecha flavored paste that Gainax made called Gurren Lagann that only existed to get money which is why nobody at Trigger does mecha
>>
>>15294800
>>15294675
Kinda odd how labor of love shows are usually mecha
>>
>>15297076
Because giant robots are excellent vehicles to show spirit and guts.
>>
>>15297076
>he didn't believe wise sage ryusei when he said giant robots are a man's soul
>>
File: 15_6470.jpg (291KB, 1114x1600px) Image search: [Google]
15_6470.jpg
291KB, 1114x1600px
>Kazuki started showing visible ring marks shortly after Shouko died

Between it combining plot elements from the LN, the drama CDs, and the original anime, and the retcons from Exodus, the manga really does seem like its Fafner: The Origin. If only it were translated.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.