[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's going on with Guyver?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 95

File: IMG_1262.jpg (83KB, 313x470px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1262.jpg
83KB, 313x470px
How is this manga still running? What's going on right now? I heard that there's some sort of gigantic Kaiju Guyver now?

Will the anime ever continue?

Also Guyver general I guess.
>>
File: 2017-03-06_1442.png (949KB, 636x899px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-06_1442.png
949KB, 636x899px
>>
>>15289289
Holy shit
>>
>>15289276

Is Guyver just the one series? Or is there a manga I can also read. I have been interested eversince I saw the figma.
>>
File: 1463490237429.jpg (197KB, 512x384px)
1463490237429.jpg
197KB, 512x384px
>>15290385

There's a manga yeah, but it's impossible to find online after a certain point because a group called Guyver Advocacy has that shit on lockdown. They're the only group that scanlates Guyver and they're really elitist about it.

You have to join their website and formally request a volume from them, then they ask for proof that you bought and own a physical copy of the volume in question, then they send you scanlations with special watermarks embedded so if you try to share or distribute them, they'll know who did it and permanently blacklist you from ever getting scanlations from them again.

They claim it's to enforce supporting the manga and discouraging piracy, but it reeks of pompous egotism. it feels like "you want your precious biotech horror/superhero manga in English? Well then you gotta answer to US!"
>>
>>15289289
That looks odd and amazing...I want this manga to get a second anime adaptation but I know it's so old and niche it's nigh impossible :(

I'll start reading the manga when it's closer to the end.
>>
>>15290555
Is there any particular reason why other groups haven't picked it up themselves?
>>
>>15290565

Probably because they don;t want to deal with whatever shit the other group will end their way and it's generally a rather old series so demand isn't especially high
>>
>>15290565
Old series with small fanbase coupled with how assy Guyver Advocacy are?

They've pretty much driven it into the ground and noone really bothers with Guyver anymore sadly.
>>
>>15290565
Not enough interest I guess. There's oodles of other untranslated manga out there.
>>
>>15289276
>How is this manga still running?
Fans in japan
>What's going on right now?
Don't know. A few elitist asses keep scans to themselves
>I heard that there's some sort of gigantic Kaiju Guyver now?
Really old news, it's the red version of Guyver Gigantic
>Will the anime ever continue?
No
>>
>>15290727
>>15290735
>Ciaran Hillock did a few chapters 2 years ago
>GA pretty much did nothing since 2011
I mean, it's not like Guyver Advocacy has anything else better to do, they got less series to do than many scanlation groups. They shouldn't be dragging on one darned title.
>>
>>15290555
>>15290727

I always lold at people so butthurted about GA not releasing their scanlates. Hahahah, pathetic people.

Back at point. The author is on unexplainable hiatus and it continues for 12 months already.
>>
>>
File: CK8h7m7UYAATwsv.jpg large.jpg (268KB, 1024x877px) Image search: [Google]
CK8h7m7UYAATwsv.jpg large.jpg
268KB, 1024x877px
>>
File: CNXkW09WIAA6qLw.jpg large.jpg (112KB, 794x618px) Image search: [Google]
CNXkW09WIAA6qLw.jpg large.jpg
112KB, 794x618px
>>
File: 003.png (1MB, 722x1024px) Image search: [Google]
003.png
1MB, 722x1024px
>>
Where do the "official" releases stop and GA scanlations begin? If it's only a few volumes, I don't think it would be that hard for someone else to pick them up and undermine GA.
>>
Can't somebody just get the scans privately from someone who has bought it and simply typeset it onto the public raws? That way, we'd get it and they wouldn't know who shared it. That's the best option, I'd say.
>>
I find difficult to get updates on how the story is developing in the last three years. Resources only are extremely scarce and avoid "spoilers". Anyone can provide a general synopsis of the latest chapters?
>>
>>15290555
why not just murky up the watermark with more watermarks to the point where they cant recognize any of the identifying info? or just blackbox it

or just proxy up and make some phoney reciepts
>>
>>15291397
jesus , how many guyver units are out there?
>>
>>15291397

Wha? Did the past Guyver and Second male guyver return somehow?
>>
>hello guyver advofags I am Totally Realname and here is my evidence of buying guyver
>HAHAHA I WAS REALLY ANONYMOUS FROM THE HACKER KNOWN AS 4CHAN NOW I WILL BURN THIS BRIDGE AND RELEASE ALL YOUR SCANS
why is this plan not carried out
>>
>>15291998
Because you would need to buy all 32 volumes, take pics of each and send to them
>>
>>15291998
>>15292020
I actually plan on doing this at some point when I have the coins and my shit together. Car parts can wait a few months to give Guyver to the world.
>>
>>15292032
If you can do that you would become a hero to the three or four Guyver fans there are
>>
>>15292032
Godspeed, noble Anon.
>>
I really liked to see the translated chapters involving Aptom covering Guyver 1 to become Guyver-Aption and the moment of Aptom being discovered by Guyver II female and recognizing his freezing abilities
>>
>>15291960

Five.

>0
The early human who was the first to bond with a Guyver and wrecked the precursors' shit, forcing them to leave Earth. He's on the upper right in that image.

>I/Gigantic/Gigantic Exceed
Sho Fukumachi, the protagonist. He's in the center. Gigantic is the one in the background.

>II
Oswald Lisker, who died really early on. He's the bottom right.

>III/Gigantic Dark
Agito Makishima, the secondary protagonist. He's the upper left.

>II-F/Valkyria
Valkyria Forsberg-Lisker, Oswald's sister, who uses an artificial Guyver. She's based on Valcuria, the female Guyver II from the first OVA. She's on the lower left.
>>
>>15292432
not him but I thought it was four in total as the femme guyver medallion was made from liskers failure.
>>
>>15291378
>I always lold at people so butthurted about GA not releasing their scanlates.

Noones buttmad at them for not relasing scans however alot of people were upset because they damn near killed the fandom while claiming to serve it.

>>15292453
II-F is Kronus jury rigged rebuild made from what was left from the original second unit.
>>
File: 2G564476765.jpg (9KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
2G564476765.jpg
9KB, 223x226px
>>15292432
>>15292569
>>15292453

There are six guyvers anons.
>>
>>15292432
>uses an artificial Guyver
I thought it was a repaired Guyver II.
>>
File: AUGUSSSSST?.jpg (225KB, 800x1136px) Image search: [Google]
AUGUSSSSST?.jpg
225KB, 800x1136px
>>15292032
Can we crowdfund this? I'd drop ten or so dollarydoos.

>>15292599
I mean, there was the original three that got smuggled out of Chronos's Japanese base, the 2F clone thing, and I guess you could count the Guyver from millions of years ago that got killed and probably destroyed, maybe that's becoming part of the plot now, the last I saw was pic related. Does anyone have anything later that it?
>>
So... What's the deal with the gigantic black dude punching a mountain?
>>
>>15291378
Edgy
>>
>>15290555
>you have to have the volume to get the volume
Now, i'm not against scanlations groups supporting official releases(like, say, lavender scanlations), but this is outright retarded.
>>
>>15294952
What does that scanlation group to support official releases?
>>
>>15292035
There may even be 10 of us.

At any rate, yeah, that would be pretty awesome. I keep meaning to get caught up on Guyver, but once I learned how... aggravating... GA folks were being over everything after, like, volume 11 (or 18? it's been a while) or something, I sorta was forced to give up.
>>
>>15295142

I have up to Vol. 29. I don't know where they all came from, but the later volumes look a lot more choppily translated than earlier ones.
>>
>>15295430
From what I heard the later chapters were done via Chinese or something like that.
>>
File: tumblr_nsv7kihCji1tjcikoo1_540.jpg (290KB, 540x765px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsv7kihCji1tjcikoo1_540.jpg
290KB, 540x765px
>>15292569
>they damn near killed the fandom while claiming to serve it
This is just delusional.
>>
>>15293438
I've thought about crowd funding before but A
>trusting 4chan to crowdfund something
>trusting some guy you've never met not to run off with the money
And B
>GA somehow not getting wind of this
>>
>>15295612
Your points are 100% valid.
>>
>>15295623
Who cares what GA thinks? They don't own the series. Besides, they can be shared privately and possibly somebody could just typeset them onto public raws so they don't find out who done it.

>>15295580
>forcing people to pay to read it when any other fanbase doesn't
Sure.
>>
>>15295649

Really, the solution is so simple that I'm surprised that no one's managed to do it already.

I guess because it requires someone to be the fall guy and spend the money on raw Guyver volumes, but if you're a big enough fan that probably isn't that big a deal.
>>
>>15295649
>and possibly somebody could just typeset them onto public raws so they don't find out who done it.
Depending on how they watermark it, it might be quickest to just cut the unwatermarked part from a raw and paste it on the GA release.
>>
>>15295649
>>forcing people to pay to read it when any other fanbase doesn't
>Sure.

With that kind of attitude, you're just proving them right. Reading a published work is not a right, it's a privilege. They're just asking you to support the author.
>>
>>15295724
Well, it's because everyone wants it for FREE, but one shouldn't have to pay to read it. However, it couldn't hurt for a crowdfund, but who do you trust is the case.

>>15295734
>support the author
Like anything they do even remotely affects the author or manga financially.

>a privilege
Is this the case for any other manga out there done via scanlation? I think not.
>>
>>15295827
So, basically, do what you want 'cause a pirate is free?

>Is this the case for any other manga out there done via scanlation? I think not.

It's supposed to be so, and the fact that there are countless pirate groups that distribute them for free doesn't change that fact. Don't get me wrong, I pirate as much content as any other anon here, but you'll never see me bitching about not being able to enjoy my entertainment media because someone who bought it and translated it hasn't uploaded it for everyone. They're in no obligation to give it to anyone, and in fact, they'd be going against the law if they did (even if it's a very poorly enforced one). You're just spoiled by piracy.
>>
File: 074127801.jpg (40KB, 339x339px) Image search: [Google]
074127801.jpg
40KB, 339x339px
>>15295649
>>15295827
>mahonigger thinks its opinion matters
>>
@15295827
@15295649

Avatarfagging is a bannable offense you know.
>>
File: 14453526565790.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
14453526565790.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
>>15297269
>@
>>
>>15290727
>Old series with small fanbase
And now it's even smaller thanks to those retard scanlators
>>
>>15297269
I'm not sure if you're on too many layers of irony or too few.
>>
File: 1488322793596.jpg (348KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1488322793596.jpg
348KB, 900x900px
See here's the thing as much as I can appreciate the sentiment of support the official release no one in the states has thought about getting an official release here since the early 2000's and the fact is the only way we can get is if a fan base is there is one who will buy it! It does not help anyone who want's it if it is limited to people to buy the Japanese volumes and the fact is a the fanbase best hope relies on a showing a work at it's highest quality I mean come on. When Gundam the origin came out I made sure to buy every release but the only reason I knew it was worth it was because of the scans. The fact is if Guyver is to get any traction it has to come from passionate fans, and right now the only people who are willing to translate it are gatekeeping like no tomorrow.
>>
>>15296175
That's not the point. Are you the same person who always defends GA is Guyver threads on /m/? Why do you keep defending them? If people did this for an actually popular mainstream series, they wouldn't get away with it.

>>15296179
Not an argument.

>>15297269
>rules
>>
Look, regardless of whether GA bought the volumes and translated them is irrelevant, and as long as they're not releasing them to the public it never will be. Everyone angry at them have had a steak dangled in front of their nose and put in a steel cage. It doesn't matter if the steak exists or not, you're never getting it. There's nothing stopping an existing group to buy and translate the series, and if it were more popular, this would already have happened regardless of DA. There is no moral high ground an internet pirate can take in this matter. Suck it up, or get purchasing.

What I'm surprised and slightly upset by is that there isn't a Webtoon-esque online, official, manga database done by JUMP or whoever. Webtoon is in my mind one of the few official manga/anime/etc. services that's better than the fan-run ones, because it's ad free, reliable, and full quality. I don't know how or if Webtoon make money, but as long as I get ToG every Monday, I'm cool with it.
>inb4 personal surveillance botnet
>>
The fact of the matter is that GA is able to get away with what they do solely because Guyver just isn't popular enough to cause an outcry. No one else has decided to translate because there is no one else.

The 38 unique IPs in this thread alone probably cover a very generous portion of the fanbase.
>>
>>15298271
True. Unless we want to commission a group to work on the series or translate from the russian or chinese version
>>
>>15297779
Then what's the point?

>If people did this for an actually popular mainstream series, they wouldn't get away with it.

And what could a lot of internet anons do to them? You mean they won't be able to keep their release to just the people that gives them proof of purchase? Or do you mean that simply other groups would do the job and release it for free for the whole world? In any case, GA doesn't need to "get away" with anything. They're not profitting from this nor making any direct gain. Their rules are simply an informal way to give actual support to the author and the rest of the staff behind the publication of the manga.

BTW, I have never defended GA before. In fact, I haven't even watched or read Guyver. I just happened to enter a thread some time and got to know about GA's case, which caught my interest, so I get in Guyver threads to know about that. I myself have translated and uploaded content illegally for other unpopular franchise. I do it for the people who like it, but I also feel guilty for the staff as I often interact with them through social networks. I love the series, so I don't want to give away its products for free, but I end up doing it regardless, taking into account that the producers practically don't consider the West as a market, so the damage is small as you said. Basically, as a fellow actual supporter of the things I like, I completely understand GA take on the matter so I can't see how anyone would feel like they have any right to shit on them for what they do.
>>
There are russian translations? How far do they go?
>>
>>15298423
All the way though I think they translate from chinese since the scans look similar to ga
>>
>>15298335
Nice blog.

>>15298512
Probably are. Most foreign language groups leech from English one's.
>>
>>15289276
tfw I actually got into Gundam because I mixed up its name with Guyver. Still haven't read a lick of Guyver to this day. Kinda Sad
>>
>>15298335
>t. Guyver Advocacy
>>
>>15292032
You do this, and I'll pick the series up.
>>
>>15297804

Because Japan is notoriously anti Digital. They will make buy a DVD to watch a full version of a MV and then have the most hardcore anti piracy groups comb through every fansite with a fine comb to the point the only sites left are invite only with harsh requirements.
>>
>>15292032

You'd be the hero of like twenty people if you did that.
>>
Bump. Anyone think that maybe Russians have their release?
>>
>>15289276
the girl guyver gives me a boner
the one in the ova, she dies at the end of the ova when her suit turns on her and the main chaacter kills her
>>
>>15301580
twenty one
>>
I think we genuinely need more stuff that emphasizes on bio-tech like Guyver does in both Anime and Manga desu. I cant get enough of the biological aesthetic of it all and the science fiction behind it is usually pretty interesting.
>>
>>15305637
>>
>>15305656
>22
https://youtu.be/BN9fHMY76io
>>
>The fact is if Guyver is to get any traction it has to come from passionate fans

The passionate fans ARE the ones buying and getting the scanlations through GA. Not to mention discussing the series regularly.

"Casual fans" are the only ones not getting the newest stuff. And random anonymous people on some forum bitching about it aren't fans at all.

The volumes released up to this point were done by these so called "elitists" as well.
>>
File: IMG_6963.jpg (304KB, 706x646px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6963.jpg
304KB, 706x646px
>>15305409
Anon imma let you finish, but Oswald Lisker as Guyver 2 had the best corrupted medal turning on its owner of all time...
>>
>>15291894

Reason likely is because they have said the their new translator would likely quit if the stuff got leaked ( I remember someone saying this before).

So it could just mean no more translated guyver at all for everyone, rather than a small group of fans.
>>
File: guyver-manga-vol-30.jpg (526KB, 1000x1419px) Image search: [Google]
guyver-manga-vol-30.jpg
526KB, 1000x1419px
>>15291917

This assumes you have read to the end of Volume 29.

Vol 30 - The Segawa siblings wake up on thew Island of Silha and find that Apollyon has brought them there to take care of a sick Alkanphel/Archanphel.

Agito is shown to have been humbled by Sho's win, and has made graves for all his fallen comrades. Sho has some things to work out, but doesn't blame Agito for what happened.

Sho and Aptom, in their new Guyver Aption form visits the Zoalord Shinn to discuss matters including what they know about Apollyon and Shinn reveals Guyver II F's identity.

Guyver II F is having biological issues, possibly due to the artificial unit.
>>
>>15305934
Hahaha that sounds like total bullshit they might as well have said he evaporates or something creative
>>
File: guyver-manga-volume-31.jpg (496KB, 1129x1600px) Image search: [Google]
guyver-manga-volume-31.jpg
496KB, 1129x1600px
>>15291917

Vol 31 - Brief backstory of Valkyria/Guyver II F is shown. She is adopted by the Lisker family, and Ozwald seems like a good big brother, until she overhears him and his father calling her and her mother trash. She works hard to become the youngest Chronos Inspector, which shocks both him and his father.

Shinn and Blacus talk, and we fnd out that Sho has offered them a truce for now, which Balcus accepts.

Sho and Aptom search for anything suspicious that could lead them to Guyot or Apollyon and Sho Senses something 400 meters away.

Apollyon attacks Guyots secret base and wants to ask him about something. Guyver Aption interupts allowing Guyot to try and escape. Apollyon attacks and causes a massive forest fire. Guyver Aption uses a wide range freezing ability to stop it, but drains Aptom. Sho continues to chase Apollyon/Guyot in his Gigantic while Aptom recovers below.

Guyver IIF finds Aptom, but remembers somebody freezing some Enzyme 3's in the past and leaves him.

Sho and Apollyon attack Guyot and he falls off a under construction building while engulfed in flames.
>>
File: 81hblbeOjaL.jpg (359KB, 1077x1536px) Image search: [Google]
81hblbeOjaL.jpg
359KB, 1077x1536px
>>15291917

Vol 32 - Apollyon and Guyver Gigantic try and corner Guyot, but Guyot has damaged a under construction building. Guyver gigantic goes Exceed mode and turns all the falling steel into a ball of steel to save the neighborhood.

Guyot gets away, and Apollyon is about to leave, but Sho grabs him. Using Li Yentsui's attack, Apollyon cuts off Sho's massive hand and teleports away.

Alkanphel and Tetsuro are playing a Zoanoid fighting game and Mitsuki tells them dinner is ready. They cannot understand "Al" but he seems to appreciate the food. A large crash is heard utside, as the hand of Sho's Exceed form crashes by where the Segawas are on the Island and disintegrates.

The remaining 2 Rogue Zoalords talk about send Guyot more units when their base is rocked by something. Guyver 3 is on a neighboring cliffside and his Libertus are firing at the base. Guyver 3 opens up and fire a megasmasher which causes the entire base to collapse upon itself.

the Zoalord emerge and transform. bald guy turns into a ball, and the other turns into the giant black creature. the ball zoalord goes into it's chest.

Guyver 3 becomes Gigantic Dark, only to have them punch him into the mountainside (see >>15291391 ). However, it is revealed that Sho has passed on he Exceed information to Agito and he becomes "Darkness Exceed".

Agito is attacked by compressed air bombs and the Giant black form seems to be made up of some kind of ash. they attempt to kill him with a gigantic super cell tornado which is destroying mountains... but it suddenly starts to disappear. Agito's hand then bursts through the chest of the Zoalords and grabs the ball zoalord.
>>
>>15291917

The 3 newest chapters -

Agtio explains that while inside the super cell, he used the micro black hole to absorb the super cell completely.

He uses their confusion to get behind them and punch his hand through the chest and grab ahold of the ball Zoalord.

Both Zoalords are kind of panicking and the bal Zoalords air bombs are no longer as potent as they were before. Plus Agito can now sense them. the giant black ash Zoalord attacks with what look like are spikes, but Agito destroys them easily, only to see that the "eye' of the Zoalord is missing... and we see a small version of the Ash Zoalord flying away in is "Human Zoalord form".

----

That is all we have so far. The last issue was back in April 2016 and there has not been anymore since.
>>
>>15306083
Correction - only 2 chapters have been released after book 32. Events are still the same.
>>
>>15305927
Yeah but he wasn't a hot girl, thats important
>>
>>15298271
it's really weird too considering Guyver used to be fairly popular here in the US
>>
>>15306174

Eh... Not really.

From my experience, Guyver is one of the those series that got released here early and passed around. A lot of 30+ year old anime fans remember the name, or the gore/action of the 12 ep OAV or even more rarely the "Out of Control" movie.

The first live action movie was exploitation of a license and the second was more of some of the studio being fans of the series and wanted to do something better.

But when ADV decided to help fund a new anime, they were likely made up of 30+ year old fans who remembered the series somewhat fondly. Shame is, it doesn't age very well overall... And while the 2005 Anime did some good things, it did nothing to be memorable.

It needed the violent and gory action that the 12 part OAV had ( that the manga doesn't). But it instead to most, it was a fairly bland "Hero gets power to fight monsters" series that ADV was trying to push hard.

And that is the biggest issue with a series like this... It needs a catch to grab peoples attention, so maybe then they can see the plot of the series and get into that, rather than just the one thing.

So, while I love Guyver because I have read into the plot and like the story and characters... a lot of random people will just look at one episode, or volume and not care... And the fact it is a 30 year old manga that is still going, makes it a daunting task with no clear pay off yet.
>>
>>15306205
This series, with the first movie, is what got me into anime. I've always had a soft spot for it, and it makes me sad that it always seems to be ignored and/or forgotten.
>>15306083

You? Thank you, I've wanted to know what's been going on since GA started their bullshit
>>
How come hardly anyone likes Guyver? Seems weird that something without anything offensively bad about it has such a small fanbase despite the cool suit designs easily grabbing someone's attention. Did that first live action movie really destroy its reputation in the west that much?
>>
>>15307218
No one knows what Guyver is outside of a few fags on /m/
>>
>>15307234
Which is odd to me because it's had like five chances at gaining an audience outside of Japan yet always falls under most people's radar.
>>
File: 1487310179605.jpg (969KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1487310179605.jpg
969KB, 1920x1200px
>>15307234

Guyver is generally well-beloved by oldfags whose experience with anime/manga doesn't go past the mid-90s, but even then they're generally only aware of the 1989 OVA.

Even the 2005 anime, which was more of a traditionally "anime" series, passed under people's radars.
>>
File: dat ass.jpg (151KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dat ass.jpg
151KB, 800x1200px
>>15310084
So they're part of the Violence Jack crowd?
>>
Regarding old Guyver reception in the circles I ran in around the mid-late90s it seemed to be very well-liked by comics nerds as much as the waps. Like lots of the comics stores would have a GK or two of some Zoanoids if not a decent selection, as much as cool monster kits as Japanese stuff.
Viz was publishing the comics for a while, weren't they?
>>
>>15310343
Yeah, but that's a pretty long time ago now.
>>
File: Guyver_v7_06_26 [AleXviD].jpg (324KB, 1250x1921px) Image search: [Google]
Guyver_v7_06_26 [AleXviD].jpg
324KB, 1250x1921px
>>15310343
Last page they published:
>>
>>15306132
yeah but he was voiced by fucking norio wakamoto on the original ova, as well as having a bitching transformation scene
>>
>>15310343
There has been only one other english release, a company called Chuang Yi from Singapore who released volume 10... But they are now out of business and their volumes are even harder to find than the older Viz books (they got to book 7)

The Chuang Yi were done in the proper manga reading style, while the Viz books are so old that they are from back when Viz still flipped books.
>>
>>15311206
>>15311029
>>15310343
wonder what company we could try and convince to bring it over now?
>>
>>15305918
I don't have money to gives to a bunch of elitists assholes or buy thing from fucking JAPAN. So, fuck you.
>>
>>15311217
Forget it- even if they pick up where Viz left off, that's still 25 volumes they'd have to translate and print, and there just isn't that kind of demand out there to justify the cost.
>>
Even if GA claims to be enforcing support for the official release, all their policy does is prevent newcomers and casual fans from discovering or properly getting into the series. All of the animated adaptations of the series and the official English translations of the manga end on massive cliffhangers. Anyone wanting more but not sure if they want to commit is going to find it prohibitively difficult, either by learning Japanese or spending some large amount of money.
>>
File: 1483213871115.jpg (255KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1483213871115.jpg
255KB, 600x1000px
So does a Guyver user NEED to say "Guyver" or "Bio-Boost" or whatever in order to call the armor, or do they just need to will it to happen? I figure the Guyver users (Sho in particular) just shout something to make their transformations more dramatic.
>>
>>15310084
>watching dark hero for the first time as a kid
that shit was scary, been in love with it ever since
>>
File: Book13-008.jpg (565KB, 1428x1073px) Image search: [Google]
Book13-008.jpg
565KB, 1428x1073px
>casually browse /m/ once every odd month
>run into a fucking Guyver thread out of all things
Feels good that there's actually people still interested in this, i just thought the author died or something
>>
>>15313654
We usually have one every few months. Mostly just attempts at getting someone to scanlate where GA went on lockdown but nothing ever comes to fruition.
>>
File: guyvbl.png (306KB, 684x1047px) Image search: [Google]
guyvbl.png
306KB, 684x1047px
>>15314551
But there's 29 volumes translated already, it doesn't seem like the lockdown is that effective
>>
>>15315490
Those were released before the lockdown- originally, they were publically released (up to chapter 188), then they made you buy the actual volumes in order to get the watermarked translation, then someone threatened legal action, and that's when they went into current lockdown.
>>
How many chapter are we behind?
>>
>>15312665
>So does a Guyver user NEED to say "Guyver" or "Bio-Boost" or whatever in order to call the armor,
No, but it's cool.
>>
>>
>>15320390

Several. It's possible to find it up to Vol. 29 scanlated, but the series is up to Vol. 32 and change. It's on indefinite hiatus right now though.
>>
File: nani.jpg (54KB, 714x682px) Image search: [Google]
nani.jpg
54KB, 714x682px
>>15320398
>376 kg
>>
>>15320398
Could someone translate what it says in the box?
>>
>>15306062

Any download link for a raw of this volume?
>>
Why was there never a Guyver videogame(s)? If anything one would have been made for famicom, super famciom, or megadrive.
>>
>>15323524
What, you thought the armor was light?
>>
>>15323640

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=797332

I believe that is it.

Also raws for Vol 1-31

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=623222

Not many seeders on both.
>>
>>15323660
One even appears in the manga: a Zoanoid fighting game. Who's the final boss in that in-universe game- one of the Guyvers, or one of the Zoalords? (And what about hidden unlockables- the Lost Numbers?)
>>
>>15323660
it's equally baffling that there were no games of Guyver or Dougram
>>
>>15295734
And if the author is LAZY faggot cunt that won't release his shit in my language or country, then it's his own fucking fault and his shit deserves to be pirated. You want to avoid shit getting pirated, you make it available.
That's a basic fucking sentiment of the entire Western anime fandom, granted more harshly worded, but whatever. Where the fuck did you come from?
>>
>guyver has a small fanbase
Then explain why it's got a fuckton of name recognition in America. It's objectively more popular than most of what /m/ likes in America aside from like wing Gundam or whatever
This is utter Bullshit pulled out your ass. Guyver is as popular as Bubblegum Crisis. People fucking remember it. Young people discover it. Typical 4chan underestimating itself
>>
>>15325132

Dougram has appeared in a few games, though.
>>
>>15325207
oh okay

but yeah, I wonder if there's some weird thing that prevents Guyver games from happening, like the guy who makes it hates video games or something
I forget, did Guyver merchandise ever come out from majors like Bandai or has it been oddball fig makers or garage kits or something?
>>
File: p40b.jpg (36KB, 196x147px) Image search: [Google]
p40b.jpg
36KB, 196x147px
>>15325168
Then and now are two different things, anon.

>>15325440
Because it's not as popular as you may think. That's why.
>>
Guyver started out as "Kamen Rider" and is now "Devilman".
>>
>>15325168

You don't see new people really getting into Bubblegum Crisis or Guyver though. Most of their fans are pushing 35 nowadays. It's mostly because nothing from either franchise has been officially released outside of Japan in years, but still. It's hard for a big surge in fans to occur when they have to go way out of their way to see stuff.
>>
>>15325589
yeah BGC seems appropriate to compare Guyver to
>>
>>15291845
GA host the whole series on an online reader that readable by anyone up to something like 27. It's after that where you have to start showing them proofs of purchase.
>>
>>15325168
Nearly everything you listed has been forgotten by most people within the last 17 years.
>>
Is anyone officially translating this? I really liked the animu and I'd like to get into the manga if at all possible, but I prefer to hold it in my hand as I read it.
>>
>>15326937
No.
>>
File: 1467595813358.jpg (169KB, 854x479px) Image search: [Google]
1467595813358.jpg
169KB, 854x479px
>>15326983
At least I can still read it online.
>>
>>15326989

Just until Vol. 27. Then you're fucked unless you're ready to spend some money.
>>
I've managed to find the scans for chapters 178-185, which I think are in the blocked off section, would anyone be interested in me uploading them. I think they're part of volume 29.
>>
File: 1-2.jpg (432KB, 992x717px) Image search: [Google]
1-2.jpg
432KB, 992x717px
Who did it better
>>
>>15329730
Neither. They're both shit with the second one being slightly decent, but still 3/10.
>>
>>15329777
Dark Hero deserved at least 5/10 cmon
>>
>>15329730
Dark Hero
Mark Hamill Isn't Guyver gets points for the Jimmy Walker dyn-o-mite gag.
>>
>>15292032
You would be my Guyver, anon. Please do this.
>>
>>15329463
https://mega.nz/#F!KddxDIyL!bmuuh8mjCl0xvTVPt1uX1Q

Not sure how useful they'll be, I'm sure I had scans of volume 28 somewhere but I can't find them.
>>
>>15325440
>I forget, did Guyver merchandise ever come out from majors like Bandai or has it been oddball fig makers or garage kits or something?
aside from some chinese chbi figures and a g unit movie replica, everything has been made by max factory iirc.
>>
>>15325561
>now
more like 20 volumes ago
>>
File: 1481340347332.jpg (53KB, 420x505px) Image search: [Google]
1481340347332.jpg
53KB, 420x505px
>>15292032
You the real mvp.
>>
File: 1489115282969.jpg (797KB, 1623x1989px) Image search: [Google]
1489115282969.jpg
797KB, 1623x1989px
>>15329730

Mutronics is painfully corny and is basically the TMNT live action show with a Guyver skin. Not even Mark Hamill could save this one from shit like the rapping nigger-Gremlin "Zoanoid."

Dark Hero is also pretty corny, but the fights are pretty well done and at least they tried to stick closer to the source material. Guyver Zoanoid is a neat design. Points for watching pre-Metal Gear David Hayter try to act.
>>
>>15292032

Could we get your name and address so that if you do and if they stop releasing them, we can burn you at the stake?

...Please? Cool. Thanks.
>>
>>15329463
>>15329911

Everything up to the end of Volume 29 have already been release publicly.

Mangafox has them... I know because I uploaded them there.

Only volumes 30, 31 and 32 are not publicly available.
>>
>>15326989
>>15327665

Again, just in case people missed it... Up to the end of book 29 is available online already... And that one guy who tried to do more only did like 2 chapters after... But they didn't turn out very well.

http://mangafox.me/manga/guyver/
>>
>>15331161
How did those suits even happen? Low-budget movies usually can't adapt a license without flubbing or ignoring the original designs entirely, and usually make their suits out of foam and duct tape, making it look shit and impossible to move in... yet Guyver gets a fairly accurate suit, with all the random weapons showing up, and it moves well enough for a guy to run around kicking other suited people in it for two movies.
>>
>>15331187
>>15331208

Oh and just to clear things up... the Chapters on the site are slightly mixed up.

184 - No title given - is the first chapter of volume 30

185 - is from the monthly manga chapters numbers and are actually from book 29 and is chapter 179

186 - Is the proper 3rd chapter of book 30... Somehow whomever uploaded that, skipped the actual manga version of 185 ( which is where we find out that Agito has kind of changed and has been humbled. Also, more naked Shizu.)
>>
>>15331229

Because Steve Wang is essentially one of the movie monster suit gods.

He's just really good at the stuff.
>>
File: vdf-008.jpg (645KB, 2054x1500px) Image search: [Google]
vdf-008.jpg
645KB, 2054x1500px
Fuck i wish there were more biomechanical/techno-organic suited MCs like Guyver. Why didn't this genre get more popularity? Bastard comes to my mind, which is pretty cool blend of magic and later on goes to mecha
>>
File: Book30-076.jpg (219KB, 723x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Book30-076.jpg
219KB, 723x1024px
>>15331234

Oh and chapter 186 is the first appearance of the Guyver Aption form.

So there is that.
>>
File: 1488631118260.png (911KB, 940x441px) Image search: [Google]
1488631118260.png
911KB, 940x441px
>>15331229

I would have liked to see some of the other, more exotic weapons like the Sonic Busters, but I imagine budget was a pretty big factor, hence why they stuck mostly to martial arts wirework and the blades aside from the big climactic Mega Smasher.

I also much prefer the suit from the second movie. The one from the first is a decent attempt, but has some issues.
>>
File: 1481384706695.jpg (33KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481384706695.jpg
33KB, 624x480px
>>15331186
>>
>>15331251
Shit, what happened to the Guyver unit remover again?
>>
>>15331316
We don't know. We assumed it was destroyed when Guyot, who was wearing on his arm at the time, fell off the damaged relic and possibly into a giant magma pit of an erupting volcano and died. Like totally dead.

...But he's actually kind of alive... So...
>>
>>15331316
>>15331339
How powerful would Alkanphel be if he obtained unit 1?
>>
File: xlg_Book15-34.jpg (209KB, 959x706px) Image search: [Google]
xlg_Book15-34.jpg
209KB, 959x706px
>>15331466

Completely unknowable overall with the current knowledge of Alkanphels powers and if his current weakened body would effect the overall outcome.

But to speculate, since the unit boosts a normal human "the perfect weapon" by about 100 times, and the Gigantic further boosts it 10-20 times, and it was made to "fight Alkanphel"... Guyver Alkanphel, if the unit worked and bio-boosted the same way, would be something along the lines of 1000-2000x a Guyver's power.

I doubt it would actually boost THAT much, as he is not actually human, but made a leader of... But that would be the basic math.

ie, in his normal Zoalord form, with his shields at full power and severely injured, he shattered a planetoid that was bigger than the moon.

So... freakishly powerful.
>>
File: xlg_Book15-35.jpg (168KB, 959x705px) Image search: [Google]
xlg_Book15-35.jpg
168KB, 959x705px
>>15331544
>>
File: xlg_Book15-36.jpg (209KB, 960x711px) Image search: [Google]
xlg_Book15-36.jpg
209KB, 960x711px
>>15331551
>>
>>15331544
Wasn't Earth and humans abandoned because they feared that Alkanphel would get a guyver unit?
>>
>>15331580
I believe so; additionally they feared that Archanfel could possibly rebel against Creator mind control if he had a Guyver, like Guyver 0 did.
>>
>>15331208
Ah right, thought the sites only had until the end of 27 for some reason, my bad.
>>
File: 1486935115675.jpg (13KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1486935115675.jpg
13KB, 380x380px
>>15331544
>>15331551
>>15331554
Is that the quality of the release? It looks like fucking shit. What year are those from?
>>
>>15331186
Fuck off Shill cunt, someone else will do it better once it's liberated from these psycho translators and their retard logic
>>
File: Book13-010.jpg (270KB, 720x1073px) Image search: [Google]
Book13-010.jpg
270KB, 720x1073px
>>15331544
i fucking forgot he shattered a planetoid. Would his Guyver suit even evolve the same way as unit Agito/Sho? Apparently XD is different for each person due to this>>15291391 , i've read upto vol29 but iirc there shouldn't be any differences between unit 1/3's gigantic form right?
>>
File: 1391695642713.gif (498KB, 325x204px) Image search: [Google]
1391695642713.gif
498KB, 325x204px
>watching out of control
>Valkyria bonding with unit 2
>mfw
>>
File: 20170319_095436.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170319_095436.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
I know it's been 20+ years and the original staff are all doing different things, but I really wish VIZ would pick this series back up and publish all of it.
>>
I've been following Guyver since it first released in the US and it's always so frustrating that the VIZ never continued it. I own both the graphics and the original chapter format comics and they both end in the same place. I did start reading the manga online buy again, GA is a piece and won't let you read anything past a certain volume without jumping through unnecessary hoops... Hoping someone else will pick it up someday
>>
File: 20170319_095919.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170319_095919.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Photos from my personal Guyver collection. Original chapter format comics released in the 90's.

That hiatus page gets me every time...
>>
File: 20170319_100642.jpg (863KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170319_100642.jpg
863KB, 2560x1440px
Here's some last bits of eye candy for fellow fans. A nice box set of the 2005 anime series that picked up for a real good price. The box art is fantastic
>>
File: 20170319_100700.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170319_100700.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>
File: 20170319_100655.jpg (945KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170319_100655.jpg
945KB, 2560x1440px
>>
File: 20170319_100648.jpg (951KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170319_100648.jpg
951KB, 2560x1440px
Here's to hoping they continue the anime someday as well.
>>
File: 1458462299060.jpg (115KB, 487x532px) Image search: [Google]
1458462299060.jpg
115KB, 487x532px
>>15333075

I've heard talk that Valcuria's bonding scene is one of the first instances of explicit tentacle rape in anime history.
>>
>>15333225
Its going to be heavily censored and full cgi like knights of shittonia, so hopefully they wont
>>
>>15333398
Defective units are sex maniacs
>>
>>15333398
>>
>>15333225

I would love to see stuff post-Gigantic actually get animated, but considering the state of modern anime, I'm not sure it would be a good thing at all.
>>
doesn't even show that its damaged
>>
Madokami has up to v30 c186
>>
>>15333444

Look on the left side of the inner circle. There's a little nick. It's not as dramatic as Lisker's massive dent, but it's there.

The Figma of the more pinkish II-F shows a scratch across the Metal. The purple one doesn't. I think the colors are backwards though, because the one from the OVA, which should have the damage, is clearly purple and the one in the manga is always shown as pink.
>>
>>15333485
Is the figma based on the OVA unit 2 or the manga one?
>>
>>15333414
Touche
>>
>>15333497

Both. One was a general release and one was a web exclusive. I think the OVA version was the exclusive, but I don't know for sure.
>>
>>15333637
But the manga version of 2F doesn't have its control metal damaged right? Its overall more defective though
>>
File: 1484283383873.jpg (246KB, 725x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1484283383873.jpg
246KB, 725x1076px
>>15333904

It's artificial, made by Chronos using data from the original Guyver II. It has similar problems to a damaged unit because it was made with incomplete data, though.

Valkyria can only use it for so long before it starts shorting out on her, especially if she overuses the suit's weaponry. It's apparently also killing her. It also shreds anything she's wearing when she activates it, though that's just fanservice.
>>
File: 1480286564335.jpg (146KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480286564335.jpg
146KB, 1280x720px
>>15333485

>The Figma of the more pinkish II-F shows a scratch across the Metal. The purple one doesn't. I think the colors are backwards though, because the one from the OVA, which should have the damage, is clearly purple and the one in the manga is always shown as pink.

No, they're right. Manga 2F, the pink one, has a straight line across the metal, not a scratch, to show that it's artificial. OVA 2F, the purple one, showed no real damage on the metal aside from the tiny chip you see in >>15333444, which the figure lacks. They're otherwise identical, but the OVA version was an exclusive/EX release.
>>
>>15334697
Are femguyver mega smashers more powerful?
>>
File: Gigantic_Exceed.jpg (172KB, 701x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Gigantic_Exceed.jpg
172KB, 701x1024px
Would Unit 1 or 3 improve if they consumed their control metal like when they did with the relic ship?
>>
>>15333989
>It also shreds anything she's wearing when she activates it, though that's just fanservice.
Don't all the Guyvers do that?
>>
>>15334891
Just boosting? No, just hers. Though the Gs don't regen your clothes -or anything in your pockets- if you take damage (or have the control medal removed).
>>
>>15334891
Only if they completely regenerate after getting their Control Medal ripped out.
>>
>>15334891

No. If any of the others return to human form, they'll still be wearing whatever they were wearing when they boosted. Valkyria is left naked after dismissing her armor.
>>
>>15333437
I don't remember this, was it in the OVA or the tv series? If it's the OVA then wow I don't know it went that far.
>>
>>15335024
OVA
>>
>>15335024

There's a pretty explicit shot of one of the tendrils slowly approaching her ass, as well. It cuts away right before insertion, but it's clear what's happening.
>>
>>15333414
to be honest, after gigantic's debut there's not that many fucked up stuff to guaranteed censoring, and since the killed zoanoids are monster-like, there's nothing to take out. as for the nude instances, there's like what? 4 or 5 moments around the unadapted 20 volumes, and almost all of them are shizu in a tube. the manga is pretty tame for anime titties, which is surprising considering who's the author.
>>
>>15335261
>and since the killed zoanoids are monster-like, there's nothing to take out
Im pretty sure they censor that nowadays too, especially if the monsters are closer to a humanoid shape. You're right about the later volumes though, powerlevels go absurdly high, everyone that dies just turns to dust
>>
>>15297804
>What I'm surprised and slightly upset by is that there isn't a Webtoon-esque online, official, manga database done by JUMP or whoever
Something like that was attempted a few years back, didn't last obviously.
>>
>>15292032
I'd be down to contribute. we should organize or something.
>>
>>15335261
Maybe the author chilled out a bunch. The epilogue he wrote for Zeorymer was pretty tasteful compared to what it was like in L People.
>>
>>15299590
I'd say the anti digital sentiment isn't that bad, its just super inconvenient to the foreign market, not that nips care about that
>>
>>15333437
There is a rip of the LD on Youtube... Sadly no subs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYuXjV81UyY

The bonding scene is at 25:56 for those interested... But there is other nudity of her in the OAV as well.
>>
>>15335771
Guyver using mega smasher will never not be hype as fuck. I imagine 2F doing it and you'd expect tits but be disintegrated to dust instead. They really downplayed the mega smasher in the OVA though, it shoots through a fucking mountain in the new one
>>
File: Book28-92.jpg (425KB, 1542x1140px) Image search: [Google]
Book28-92.jpg
425KB, 1542x1140px
>>15333014
That is the main question... If it were to function exactly the same, it'd be way too crazy. Chances are it wouldn't... but would still be a large boost in power.

Technically they aren't different at all. The only difference that was noted, was in the books that came with the 200% TV series original DVDs, and that was that Sho and Liskers units became more "defensive" while Agito's is an "Offensive"...

Which has only come up with a few small differences:

- HF Swords - Agito has 4, while Sho/Lisker/Valkyria have 2... and as a Gigantic he has 6 while Sho retains 2.

- Sonic Busters - In Gigantic form, he has 5, while Sho has 4.

The thing about Agito's Gigantic, is that it is mearly a copy of Sho's. If he had really tried, he probably could have come up with something different, but his control medal already had the information in it from using Sho's... but it only has the info of the powers he had used.

At the end of their fight in book 28, Sho transfers the Exceed and Gravity Implosion/Micro Black Hole information to Agito ( instead of stepping on him like a bug).

So Agito's Exceed is exactly the same as Sho's... Except we do not know if Sho has any other secret powers he hasn't consciously unlocked yet.
>>
>>15335789
Even in the crummy live action, the mega smasher was awesome.
>>
File: book26-23.jpg (466KB, 1496x1076px) Image search: [Google]
book26-23.jpg
466KB, 1496x1076px
>>15335789

Bewbs.
>>
>>15335854
>XD
>not Exceed
I thought it was just a shitty meme, why is this in a legit scan?
>>
>>15335881

Has to do with the original japanese is.

They write a large "XD" but in smaller print above it, it says Exceed.

So both are actually accurate by the Japanese Raws.
>>
File: 1484361750275.jpg (49KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484361750275.jpg
49KB, 960x720px
>>15335867
They even glow, they're trully pillars of heaven
>>
>>15335881
The Creators use emoji to communicate
>>
>>15335863
Any webms? I might download the movies again tomorrow and make some
>>
>>15331580
>>15331629

It was a mixture of two things... The Units effect on humans... And Alkanphel talking back... Which could lead to him getting his hands on a unit.

They realized that despite his loyalty, he still argued. Something they did not want. Thus he was also left to die.

>>15332606
They seem to be from before 2007, and raws were hard to come by.
>>
>>15335789

The best past of the Mega Smasher is how tearing open the pecs exposes all that slimy fleshy shit. The Guyvers have pretty good healing factors, so it's no big deal for them ultimately, but it looks like it's not -meant- to open up like that. It's an interesting detail.
>>
File: MS.webm (2MB, 920x516px) Image search: [Google]
MS.webm
2MB, 920x516px
Gonna do a few webms, any requests? Got the new and old show and the OVA, trying to find Dark Hero to dl too
>>
File: Gigantic.webm (3MB, 850x478px) Image search: [Google]
Gigantic.webm
3MB, 850x478px
>>
File: Intro.webm (2MB, 800x444px) Image search: [Google]
Intro.webm
2MB, 800x444px
>>
File: Guyver Zoanoid.webm (2MB, 1000x554px) Image search: [Google]
Guyver Zoanoid.webm
2MB, 1000x554px
>>
File: Mega Smasher.webm (3MB, 850x472px) Image search: [Google]
Mega Smasher.webm
3MB, 850x472px
>>
File: Transform.webm (2MB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
Transform.webm
2MB, 950x534px
>>
File: 91 Smasher.webm (3MB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
91 Smasher.webm
3MB, 950x534px
'91 smasher is magic
>>
File: OVA Smasher.webm (3MB, 780x584px) Image search: [Google]
OVA Smasher.webm
3MB, 780x584px
The best version hands down
>>
>>15337212
>new and old show and the OVA
Wait, I thought the old show WAS the OVA, am I missing out on anything big for not having seen either?
>>
>>15338755
There were two OVAs- the Out Of Control movie, and the 12 ep series.
>>
>>15337323
>>15337343
>>15337363
Thanks man, those practical effects were amazing.
>>
>>15336368
I think it portrays the techno-organic part perfectly, the outside shell looks mechanic with all the outlines on muscles and such, while the inside is all fleshy bits
>>
File: 1488954735002.png (950KB, 850x599px) Image search: [Google]
1488954735002.png
950KB, 850x599px
>>15338974

The Guyver isn't exactly a suit, but it isn't exactly a bodily transformation either, kind of sitting in the middle. I've always found that really cool and I can't quite think of anything else that does quite the same thing. Maybe Marvel's symbiotes?
>>
>>15335854
Where can I find vol 28 and beyond anon
>>
>>15339706
NGE's mecha are something like it
>>
What's up with this series and badass soundtracks?

https://youtu.be/xANXsjce528
https://youtu.be/B7T6oEpdGdE
https://youtu.be/M9AEb0jr-I8
https://youtu.be/SxlOO_3wI4U
>>
>>15339777

Mangafox has up to the end of 29 and 2 chapters after...

After that the only way to get them is through Japan-legend.com by physically owning volume 30, 31 and 32.
>>
>>15339867
They threw a lot of money at the first 6 episodes of the OAV ( the second 6 were definitely lacking).

So it got great animation and music.

It's definitely part of the reason people remember it.
>>
File: 1441158436667.jpg (110KB, 600x610px) Image search: [Google]
1441158436667.jpg
110KB, 600x610px
Where was this from, exactly?
>>
>>15331208
>>15326989
>>15327665
Last Chapter released before JapanLegend sperged out was 189. You can find it on the usual sites. So that's 2 volumes behind from the RAWs
>>
File: 1439695567184.jpg (88KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
1439695567184.jpg
88KB, 1024x682px
>>15339706
ZoE3 was also supposed to have biomechanical OFs ;_;
>>
File: guyv.jpg (388KB, 600x610px) Image search: [Google]
guyv.jpg
388KB, 600x610px
>>15340264
No idea, but i had some free time
>>
>>15341326

Why is movie Guyver colored like Guyver II?
>>
>>15340766
... why does it have tits?
>>
>>15341408
I just imagined Lisker and Sho being BFFs
>>
>>15341416
Because Kojima was in the throes of going full retard
>>
File: 1441927560136.jpg (936KB, 1000x1360px) Image search: [Google]
1441927560136.jpg
936KB, 1000x1360px
>>15341416
why not
>>
File: 1464046508047.jpg (89KB, 670x1021px) Image search: [Google]
1464046508047.jpg
89KB, 670x1021px
>>15341423

One of the things I liked about the 2005 anime was that it gave Lisker more time to do stuff. I know one of the big regrets Takaya had about the character was that he was killed off too quickly, so it was nice to see him stick around and be a threat longer than a single fight Sho only won through sheer luck.
>>
Why do you people like Guvyer so much again? It's not THAT good.
>>
>>15341727
I'm a huge sucker for sci-fi and Guyver is unique in blending flesh and tech, there's not much similar stuff out there
>>
>>15341784
This ^^^^
>>
>>15341727

I like the setting and concept a lot. Like >>15341784, I'm a big fan of this sort of body horror biotech stuff.
>>
>>15334864
I only read a few early volumes of Guyver... what are, exactly, Gigantic and Exceed?
>>
>>15342137
Just read it then
>>
>>15290555
If they are being that retarded, why don't they just pool money to pay for distribution rights and sell/publish the goddamned thing?
>>
>>15342286

Because

>They claim it's to enforce supporting the manga and discouraging piracy, but it reeks of pompous egotism.

They don't care about making sure fans support Takaya so much as they do making sure you know they're the ones making you do it.
>>
>>15342286
Because it's really just that easy of course.

Born yesterday were you?

I'm no fan of their system, but people making this comment always makes me roll my eyes.
>>
>>15342286
>>15342345

And even if it were easy, there are numerous reasons why it would be STUPID to do.

1. They release the book - Some Anon scans and releases it anyway because the whole argument here is that people want it for free anyway. A lot of money wasted.

2. Assuming that dd happen, they would have to try and shut down all illegally hosted versions anyway and be a huge pain in the ass... More than people think they are already.

3. Not that popular of a series. There is no way they would ever make any money on it, and would be taking massive losses with every issue printed.

Just would not make any sense.
>>
>>15331580
The armor freeing a human from the mind control had huge implication's. If it could free a human then it was probably cappable of releasing Zoanoids/Zoalords too and that put them on edge. Then you have Alkanphel arguing with them which he shouldnt have been able to do and by that point i'd imagine alot of 'rethinking' started up with regards to the whole project.
>>
>>15342374
Was there ever any side material or such that elaborates more on the symbiote in the guyver unit?
>>
While I don't entirely agree with Guyver Advocacy's way of doing things, I think it's at least understandable. The only reason they went into "lockdown mode" is because some asshole reported them to kadokawa shoten, and then kadokawa shoten threatened to take them down. So we should be blaming the asshole that reported them for this, not GA themselves
>>
>>15342906

I've never heard of this whole GA thing happening with any other series, though. Guyver is the only manga I know of that only has one English scanlation group and the only one period that's so tightassed about it. I know there's some kind of unspoken rule among translators about not "stepping on toes," but you'd think there would be at least one other English language group out there.
>>
>>15342959
Apparently mecha in general isn't that popular in the west and Guyver is pretty niche subgenre of it, so its not that strange
>>
>>15342959
Only big series have more than one group working on them, moron.
>>
File: Alien Armor Bros.jpg (202KB, 793x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Alien Armor Bros.jpg
202KB, 793x1024px
>>15342401
I'm not sure, but I do recall a diagram that explained exactly what happens to your organs when you boost- anyone have it?
>>
File: 1489140554867.jpg (242KB, 745x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489140554867.jpg
242KB, 745x1024px
>>15343234

This one?

It basically mutates your body to like 40k Space Marine levels and layers organic armor on top. It's not just a suit by any means.
>>
File: MacGuyver.jpg (458KB, 1660x2047px) Image search: [Google]
MacGuyver.jpg
458KB, 1660x2047px
>>15343314
That's the one- thanks! (I was driving myself crazy looking for it!)
>>
File: 1478202723578.jpg (493KB, 1864x1798px) Image search: [Google]
1478202723578.jpg
493KB, 1864x1798px
>>15343234
Why is the Engrish so bad in Tekkaman?
>>
File: 1480568337904.jpg (1MB, 1200x875px) Image search: [Google]
1480568337904.jpg
1MB, 1200x875px
Figma never...
>>
File: 1463590657901.jpg (107KB, 550x800px) Image search: [Google]
1463590657901.jpg
107KB, 550x800px
>>15347184

We're actually lucky we got anything at all after Guyver-I, much less the two versions of II-F and now Guyver-III coming up in July.

Apparently, prototypes of Guyver-II, Gigantic, Gigantic Dark, ZX-Tole, and Murakami and Guyot's Zoalord forms also exist, but have yet to be produced.
>>
>>15347461

Source?

Because that just seems like fan speculation.

I mean I know Max Watanabe is best friends with Takaya, but so far nothing about any further figmas after Guyver III has been mentioned.
>>
>>15333075
It just made me wonder if the same thing happens to Sho's butthole.
>>
>>15347461

Those were other, older Max Factory figures from years ago. The only confirmed Figma coming out any time soon is Guyver III.
>>
File: muta guyver.png (317KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
muta guyver.png
317KB, 640x360px
I keep forgetting to repost a pic of the time The Great Muta had a Guyver mask
>>
>>15348689
If an alien doesn't kill you, there's a 95% of your ass getting probed
>>
>>15348689
Probably, doesn't the Guyver do some drastic things to your physiology whenever you put it on? >>15343314
>The lungs are degenerated during bio-boosting
>>
>>15351438

Lungs are inefficient and take up too much room. Needs space for more organic laser emitters.
>>
>>15351438
Degenerated has such a negative connotation,i'd say it make it obsolete
>>
>>15351973

Except they are straight up "degenerated." As in the bio-booster breaks down the user's lungs to make room for the Mega Smasher organs. An active Guyver doesn't have lungs at all. That thing with the tubes is what they breathe from.
>>
>>15339820
Imagine an EVA with a Guyver Unit!
>>
>>15352433
Doesn't it say the respiratory organ is in the neck?
>>
>>15352488
It does have a new set of lungs, and the neck part is a secondary lung.
>>
>>15352471
It could probably bond with an angel, but are the EVAs really living things? Guyver is a symbiote after all and i imagine it needs a consciousness to control it
>>
>>15352497
I really like this kind of stuff, even the digestive system degenerates. Is the picture legit or is it fan-made?
>>
>>15352505
Too legit to quit, dood.
>>
>>15352500
EVAs are living beings. It's the only reason they can fight the Angels.

Watch NGE for the reason.
>>
File: GG_0026 (2).jpg (120KB, 873x288px) Image search: [Google]
GG_0026 (2).jpg
120KB, 873x288px
>>15343314
Do they ever mention this in the manga? Because it's not like the removal of the lungs even impacts the characters since it's a henshin and all.
>>
>>15352537
Its just religious stuff crammed to look cool
>>
File: 1485407670425.jpg (264KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
1485407670425.jpg
264KB, 1024x1448px
>>15352552

Not really. Agito gets fucked by a Hyper Zoanoid impaling him through the chest and blowing up one of his Mega Smashers at one point, but aside from being down one Mega Smasher, the most he gets is really fatigued. It completely heals up within a couple of hours.

Guyvers are designed to keep going as long as the Control Metal is active and where it should be. Even if the user is unconscious (or lacking most of their head), the Guyver can hold its own for a while.
>>
>>15352564
that doesn't change the fact they're clones of Ultraman
>>
File: 1476980223255.jpg (604KB, 1000x714px) Image search: [Google]
1476980223255.jpg
604KB, 1000x714px
I don't know if I'm just connecting things that aren't there or what, but I've seen Zetman associated with or compared to Guyver a lot. Why is that? I haven't read/seen Zetman, but the premise looks more like s-CRY-ed.
>>
File: 1489870371137.jpg (33KB, 465x381px) Image search: [Google]
1489870371137.jpg
33KB, 465x381px
>>15352665

ZET is basically a Zoalord.
>>
File: FML-124-125.png (145KB, 676x489px) Image search: [Google]
FML-124-125.png
145KB, 676x489px
Anyone get a Guyver vibe from Nagai's Full Metal Lady?

>>15352665
More like a rejected Devilman.
>>
File: 1468540052040.jpg (281KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1468540052040.jpg
281KB, 1000x1500px
This company called Cinemaquette is doing a 1:3 scale Guyver Zoanoid statue. They're only doing one run of 300 and they're going for like $2000 though.

They've also done a 1:1 scale bust of the Dark Hero Guyver suit and a prop replica of the inactive Unit.
>>
>>15353124
I wonder how a Guyver Zoanoid would look like with Takaya drawing it
>>
>>15353261

Basically Guyver-III, I'm sure. Guyver Zoanoid's basic deal is Guyver-II, but his appearance was mostly based on Guyver-III.
>>
>>15352665

Closer to Devilman, like >>15352731 said.

The anime is total shit. It cuts so much out and the pacing is fucked. If you're gonna check out Zetman, read the manga.
>>
>>15353335
That's just what the costume designer of the movie chose, i kind of want it to have more zoalordish features mixed with Guyver Exceed or something
>>
File: Guyver_gigantic.jpg (194KB, 866x1454px) Image search: [Google]
Guyver_gigantic.jpg
194KB, 866x1454px
bump
>>
File: 1483630735280.jpg (327KB, 887x1413px) Image search: [Google]
1483630735280.jpg
327KB, 887x1413px
What happened to Guyver-0's unit? The manga shows us that someone used the unit remover on him not long after his rampage and it returned to his dormant/inactive state. They found I, II, and III at Relic's Point and state that they're the only three true Guyver units on Earth, but who's to say there aren't more somewhere?
>>
>>15295734
There are raws, in japanese, the only market that matters. Making 200 dudes worldwide buy the compilations is less than 1% of the first week sales.
If people knew it existed there would be a chance of getting an american release, but most aren't aware that it's still going.

If they wanted to help they could charge to get the scans and use that money to promote it or something, not making sure people won't know it's a thing.
>>
>>15353124

This one was actually sculpted by Steve Wang himself. So like that Guyver bust from a year or two ago, this one will mean more for a fan of the movie.
>>
>>15353124
>>15361285
>>
>>15360863
As far as we know, it was likely taken back by the Creators. Since they were able to send Alkanphel the remover as they did, they could very likely have taken the unit back in a similar fashion.

As for if there are more units... There is only 3 known relic sites on Earth so far in the manga:

1. Arizona - Fossilized. Only the Control Spheres survived.

2. Mount Minikami - Was alive, but now destroyed. Where the known units came from.

3. China - Not shown yet, but noted to have been fossilized as well. Don't know if this has been simply forgotten, or if Takaya is planning something ( likely planning... He had the Dragonlord hinted back in book 9)

But that certainly would not stop him for adding more... But it is likely that he is winding down the manga for the finale, so it is unlikely he would extend the story that way.

+ points for using one of my fan art pics for posting though!
>>
>>15352665

Less likely the transforming hero vs monsters bit, and more likely the aspect that is mixed in with politics and an "Evil Corporation" aspect.

And yeah, Zet does remind people of Murakami's Proto-Zoalord form.
>>
>>15361371

I've heard rumors that the current arc will probably be the last considering each "arc" seems to be about eight or nine volumes. (1-8 are intro/Relic's Point, 9-16 are post X-Day, 17-25 are Rescue Aptom, and now we'll probably go to 34-35 before it ends)

It's hard to tell though between the frequent hiatuses and GA's bullshit. I couldn't even tell you when the latest chapter came out. It could be anywhere from weeks to years ago.
>>
>ITT most Manga Scan groups are asshole
So what else is new?
>>
>>15361285
>>15361299
I keep seeing Bayformers Starscream and that new Megatron.
>>
>>15362075
But most don't keep it behind a paywall. There's a different, moron.
>>
>>15362116
I never said there wasn't a difference,man. I'm just saying most scan groups are ass holes. The paywall just puts these guys higher on the totem pole than most others.
>>
>>15343394
....that's one unholy union.
Could the whole enemy organization together stop him?
>>
File: gayvah wa-fuck.jpg (129KB, 620x348px) Image search: [Google]
gayvah wa-fuck.jpg
129KB, 620x348px
>guyver thread on /m/ with 300 posts
holy shit
>>
File: 050.png (19KB, 309x194px) Image search: [Google]
050.png
19KB, 309x194px
>>15362647
I found that odd, too. Like everyone came out from under their rocks like"Guyver, what's that? I mean, I'm the biggest Guyver fan ever. That anime OVA and pre kinography Guyver 2 live action was awesome. Totally read the manga, by the way".
>>
File: Book29-118.jpg (188KB, 722x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Book29-118.jpg
188KB, 722x1024px
Who is Apollon and why is he so cool
>>
>>15362668
>>15362647
Guyver was the stuff I saw as a kid before power rangers. What a way to get into Tokusatsu.
>>
Am I the only one that actually prefers the original Guyver movie over the second?
>>
>>15362647
And for a thread that started 20 days ago no less. We've managed to keep this thread in the limbo between "unsustainably bumping past the limit" and "lel archived" for quite a while.
>>
>>15363247

It's autosaging now though, so we probably only have a day or so left.

Still, it's pretty impressive for a thread topic that usually just devolves into "fuck Guyver Advocacy" and "guys we should stick it to GA somehow" with nothing coming of it.
>>
>>15362868
Yeah, you watched junk only to watch shitier junk.
>>
>>15364012

Name something good

I thought so.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 95

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.