[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's get this off your chests. Macross is a shitty franchise.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 13

File: IMG_0035.jpg (973KB, 1000x1341px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0035.jpg
973KB, 1000x1341px
Let's get this off your chests.

Macross is a shitty franchise. The original wasn't good, and the sequels just got worse and worse.

Gundam isn't really good either, but I'd take badly written politics over dumb idolshit any day of the week.
>>
File: Ultraxwing Laff.jpg (61KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ultraxwing Laff.jpg
61KB, 800x600px
>Still laughing....
>ha
>ha ha
>ha
>>
people tried but made bad things > people who didn't even try and are too stupid to make things
>>
>>15287230
Thanks for the abusable pasta.
>>
>>15287266
not really defending it
just something that makes me looking down at those localize fags
>>
>>15287230
>badly written politics over dumb idolshit
ok so you didnt watch the original see ya later
one day /m/ will have mods
>>
>>15287265

Star Trek is a shitty franchise. The original wasn't good, and the sequels just got worse and worse.

Star Wars isn't really good either, but I'd take badly written fantasy over dumb technobabble any day of the week.
>>
>>15287288

Evangelion is a shitty franchise. The original wasn't good, and the sequels just got worse and worse.

Braves isn't really good either, but I'd take badly written hot blood over dumb angstshit any day of the week.
>>
File: uh oh.png (333KB, 466x439px) Image search: [Google]
uh oh.png
333KB, 466x439px
I agree, Robotech is the superior franchise !
We at robotechx.com are all laughing!
>>
>>15287230
>Macross is a shitty franchise. The original wasn't good, and the sequels just got worse and worse.
No and no, jokes on you. Original was great, M+ was a nice side story, M7 was all that i want from Macross plus additional content (it was not without flaws, granted), nothing was wrong with M0 and Frontier, and Delta was the weakest of them all but still highly watchable. Sounds like you just expect too much from j-pop melodrama which happen to have some mecha in it or just hate fun, champ.
>>
>>15287266
Original was great, AOI was great, Plus was great. But yeah, the franchise died afterwards. It's been shit ever since 7.
>>
>>15287368
Plenty wrong with Zero and Frontier. I still like them, though.
>>
>like jets
>like missiles
>like /m/
>don't like idols

fug.

like, it's cool and all that they actually do solve their problems with UNDERSTANDING for real, but fuck it, sometimes I just want to watch shit blow up.
>>
I haven't been hearing about any new auditions for Macross so does that mean they're not doing the idolshit again?
>>
SDF was fun mostly because of Max and Millia, the love triangle was pretty terrible due to Hikaru being awful character.

7 was average at best outside of meme value, had 10/10 opening though.

Plus was great and consice, solid 8/10.

Zero was completely forgettable.

F was average at best, it's only remembered because of waifufags.

Delta had some potential but the story wasted all it's potential in the second half.

I actually agree, Kawamori is pretty damn overrated in general honestly, I don't even remember when was the last time he produced something decent.
>>
>>15287603
I don't think he produced anything memorable after Plus and Escaflowne. I haven't seen Arjuna and I don't intend to, but for what I gather it's not noteworthy.
>>

OP is a fag

OP should neck himself
>>
Wing Commander = Tie Fighter >>>>>>> Macross
>>
>>15287230

Anyone who associates Macross with idolshit doesn't actually know anything about Macross, and such their opinion can be safely ignored.
>>
>>15287470
Go to /k/ then

They're like blowing stuff
>>
>>15288295
Since when have idols not been the main focus of Macross?
>>
>>15287230
What is a good mecha anime in you opinion, OP?

BTW most of the Universal Century Gundam stuff is top notch shit, I fucking despise almost every alternate universe/timeline Gundam series, especially that piece of shit Seed and it's bastard offspring.
>>
>>15288808
not op but i recomend heavy metal L-gaim
>>
>>15288829
I am just trying to establish if he is trolling or not. His credibility can be gauged quite easily by assessing what he opines to be a "good mecha anime."
>>
SDF - 8/10
Zero - 6/10
Plus - 6/10
7 - 5/10
F - 4/10
Delta - 5/10

So yea, Macross is a pretty overrated franchise. SDF is nice and all but Plus is problably one of the most pretentious, boring and overrated anime I ever seen. YF-19 is sweet though.
>>
>>15288808
Most of UC is badly written junk. I don't care if you like it, but don't pretend Gundam is anything more than some teenager's fan fiction.
>>
>>15289217
Care to give an example of good anime friendo or is a mature mind like yours only capable of hatred and derision?
>>
>>15288800
Since 1982.
>>
>>15289217
Fan fiction of what?
>>
>>15287230
Zeta 1/10
SDF 2/10
>>
>>15289217
OP confirmed troll.
>trashes classic mecha anime
>can't name a single "good one"
>>
File: witp.jpg (669KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
witp.jpg
669KB, 1920x1080px
>>15289217
LMAO, this dude is trying way too hard. Who the fuck ever thought 0080:WitP, 0083:SM, or 08th MS Team were bad? No one with good taste, I tellya' that boy!
>>
>>15287230
7 wasn't idolshit at all and has appreciable music, Zero definitely wasn't, though it certainly has it's other flaws. Plus was pretty cool too. What do you suggest is an objectively better /m/ series?
>>
>>15289647
Cromatie High School.
>>
>>15289127
>delta
>better than frontier
hahahahaha
I agree though
>>
>>15287230
>Let's get this off your chests.
>a.k.a. here's me posting my personal opinion as an absolute fact

Shut up kid, the world doesn't revolve around your penis.
>>
>>15287230
Its probably not gonna get any better for mecha anytime soon, at least FMP is coming out so maybe some better written politics but i aint holding my breath
>>
>>15290468

OP, returns!
>FMP better written politics
LOLWUT
Surprise, surprise: OP is still a gay retard
>>
File: Freddie.png (123KB, 380x316px) Image search: [Google]
Freddie.png
123KB, 380x316px
>>15289658
>no robots
>/m/ series
>>
>>15289631
8th ms team is one of the worst anime I ever watched
>>
>Zentrati have SDF-1 by the balls

>Chiron: Let's see if i can fit those in my mouth

>SDF-1 wins
>>
>>15289614
Neon Genesis Evangelion
>>
>>15290581
>Mechazawa
>not mecha
>>
>>15287244
>>15287317
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_XFhWI_wAxI
Someone actually made a 2017 guide for new fans.
>>
>>15287230
>Macross is a shitty franchise. The original wasn't good, and the sequels just got worse and worse.

Like any other franchise there are good entries, bad entries and worthless entries. For me the best entries are Macross 7 and Macross Frontier.
Delta is a worthless piece of shit. Macross II is good for the setting and the mecha and architectural designs. Macross Zero I wish it were more episodes than what we got, even though I have no problem with the ending. The rest of the franchise's entries I don't really care one way or the other.
>>
>>15289127
>says plus is overrated
>follows the yf-19 cocksuck meme

"ok"
>>
>>15288800

Out of 6 Macross shows, only 3 have idols. And in the first of those examples, SDF itself, the focus was not on the music itself but rather human culture as a whole. Music was just one specific aspect of it.

Macross being about idols is a meme. And not a particularly good one. Its just a lazy way to attack a superficial element of the franchise to dismiss it. Like if I was to dismiss the entire Gundam franchise out of hand due to 'lol autistic jedi' despite Newtypes not even being in every show.
>>
>>15288841
That shit never works. He'll either respond with some stupid meme answer in a clumsy attempt to troll us even harder, or just never post in this thread again.
>>
File: siennope.gif (613KB, 295x221px) Image search: [Google]
siennope.gif
613KB, 295x221px
>>15292097
agreed, let this thread 404. R.I.P. in peace
>>
>>15291466
Wait they did a robotech dub and a macross dub separately for SDF Macross? Why bother if all you're doing is renaming the characters? Are there any other changes I should be aware of? I watched the SDF dub, was worth it for Minmay's racist Chinese accent.
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 400x300px
>>15290581
You obviously didn't watch the show.
>>
>>15287230

Your favorite franchise is a shitty franchise. The original wasn't good, and the sequels just got worse and worse.
The other one that is popular on /m isn't really good either, but I'd take badly written thing i like it for over dumb things you like any day of the week.
>>
File: .png (102KB, 399x242px) Image search: [Google]
.png
102KB, 399x242px
>>15293985
Oh, just because that guy's name happens to have "mecha" in it? That's pretty silly.
>>
>>15287288
I agree Star Trek can go suck cocks. As for Macross,I tried watching the original and dropped it at episode 26,out of boredom. I`m hoping that 7 and Frontier are better,though.
>>
>>15294368
7 is better if you like J-rock and inanity, Frontier is better if you like J-pop and space lobsters. Plus is a small bit of background that only serves to establish the history of the VF used in 7 but is pretty cool anyway. Zero gives slightly more backstory to Frontier than Plus did to 7, but it's got bad CG and apparently other things people don't like, voodoo I guess.

Watch DYRL if you want not-necessarily-canon a recap of SDF at feature length. Pretty sure it's reanimated, but I haven't watched it myself.
>>
File: image.png (270KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
270KB, 750x1334px
I think I found OP. She's quite angry about the macross shitposting on her channel
>>
>>15296773
Did they change Fokker's name in Robotech or not? Because she's complaining about that name included and some guy who might not be a troll calls Hikaru Rick Hunter in the same sentence that he mentions Fokker.
>>
File: 1371327168706.jpg (76KB, 990x556px) Image search: [Google]
1371327168706.jpg
76KB, 990x556px
SDF Macross is so good that you're better off not even trying to besmirch it. It just makes you look like a tryhard and flags your post as obvious bait that can be dismissed. The other Macross series are fair game though.
>>
>>15296773
No you didn't. Both Macross and Robotech are the same and they're equally bad.
>>
>>15294368
>dropped it at episode 26
the series "ends" with 27 you dumbfuck, why did you drop at 26. you could've totally just watched 27 and have "watched" SDF
>>
>>15296989
good thinking
>>
File: a76c7bef30feea5cbed13694e030af23.jpg (939KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
a76c7bef30feea5cbed13694e030af23.jpg
939KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>15287230
Hey man I don't care about any of that. I'm just here for the giant robots.
>>
>>15287230
I fucking LOVED Macross as a kid when it ran on TV. Yes, it was that dub that Macross fans all hate. But it was still Macross at its core. Roy was the reason I wanted to join the Navy and be a pilot. I used to draw the skull and crossbones from Skull 1 on all of my notebooks and most everything i owned. Years later in the DVD era I got hold of the whole series and found myself actually leaning more towards MOSPEADA than Macross. This was after having seen the original Macross series subtitled, as well as DYRL, Plus, and Zero.

But 7...I couldn't even begin to get into 7. I barely even attempted Frontier before dropping it, and never even considered the Frontier movies, M30, or Delta.

Because during my tenure as a Macross fan I came across Artdink's Macross games for the PSP. It was everything I loved about Robotech:Battlecry and Macross VF-X2 and so much more. Then, as I grew bored with replaying it, I decided to try out Gundam Assault Survive (same game engine) as my intoduction to the Gundam franchise. When asked for recommendations, /m/ directed me towards 0080 and 00, after which I sat down with the 0079 dub and eventually every last episode of every Gundam series (except the last six episodes of Reco because fuck that shit).

It's strange to think about now, after so many years of 001 and the skull-and-bones all over everything I owned, but at this point I can't even consider myself a Macross fan anymore because I've seen the true work that Macross was shamelessly copying (SDFM began pre-production as a Gundam spoof, if you didn't know) and I can never go back again.
>>
>>15299259
that's a good bait anon, keep it for future threads
>>
it's beta cuck propaganda of the highest order
>>
I have only seen Macross Plus. I loved it. I don't think I'll watch any others. Don't want to ruin my respect for the series.
>>
>>15302370
watch the original, but don't go past ep27
>>
>>15291490
>Delta is a worthless piece of shit
The music was really good so I give Delta a couple of points
>>
File: Fucking what.png (442KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Fucking what.png
442KB, 800x600px
>>15287244
why even take a picture of yourself....
and is that Robotech VF from that San Diego con?
oh god, there's a sonic picture, some weird pink doll just, on the wall. and that poster i believe is .dot hack. and the other poster is the three stooges? oh and of course a random boat.
you're a fucking retard.
oh god, what's fucking worse the damn Hachimaki. fucking christ, KYS
>>
>>15292566
not this time
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.