[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3/5/1982 Happy Birthday Metal Heroes! Happy Birthday Gavan!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

3/5/1982

Happy Birthday Metal Heroes!
Happy Birthday Gavan!
>>
Rider killer.
>>
>>15282441
Rider pretty much killed itself in the early 80s.
>>
Chase film featuring Gavan and Rider 1 when?
>>
Oh hey I just started watching Gavan. Pretty neat coincidence.
This series is pretty goddamn awesome.
>>
File: kenjifuckingohba.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
kenjifuckingohba.webm
1MB, 640x480px
Kenji Ohba seems like he had fun doing this show.
>>
Pioneer of the genre, the grandfather of all MH, the man who saved Toei from almost bankruptcy, the most famous MH.

But among space sheriffs, Sharivan is better (both series and movie). And among all space guys, I prefer Juspion a lot more.

>>15282722
To be honest, I hope never: it would be shit, like these messed sentai x kr movies.
>>
>>15282722
Never, because Toei won't put money into cars now.

>>15283883
To be honest, the biggest saving grace of Juspion as a series is probably Mad Gallant. Juspion himself isn't bad, but he's no Gavan.
>>
>>15283883
In fairness, films with less heroes usually have a better chance of not sucking than Yonemura's schlockfests.

>>15283983
>Mad Gallant
Which must be why they made him the villain focus in Space Squad alongside Benikiba.
>>
>>15284003
>Which must be why they made him the villain focus in Space Squad alongside Benikiba.

Well, yeah. I didn't want to state the obvious though.
>>
>>15282349
It's my birthday and I'm rewatching Sakamoto's Next Gen Space Sheriff movies.

Didn't even know it's metal heroes' birthday too!
>>
File: sharivan_sekisha.webm (2MB, 532x300px) Image search: [Google]
sharivan_sekisha.webm
2MB, 532x300px
>>15284003
>films with less heroes usually have a better chance of not sucking
Yeah. Unfortunately, crossovers for japs are made for fanservice, not plot.

>>15283983
>is probably Mad Gallant
MD is great (both enemy and actor), but come on... the battles, Satan and Daileon are unique.

>>15285250
>rewatching Sakamoto's Next Gen Space Sheriff
< best guy of the trilogy.
>>
>>15285705
I said that it was the biggest saving grace, not the only one.
>>
>>15284916
Just look at that design. It's one of the niftiest villain armors that's actually better than the heroes.
>>
>>15282441
I thought Sentai was the Rider killer.
>>
>>15289023
It may be the other way around in a decade though.

>>15285705
Just hope that Sharivan starts getting subs this year, MFC haven't done anything yet.
>>
>>15289036
>It may be the other way around in a decade though.

Honestly, I don't think there's much incentive for them to drop Super Sentai unless a third franchise they could reasonably replace it with suddenly does a lot better in ratings and toy sales.

> Just hope that Sharivan starts getting subs this year, MFC haven't done anything yet.

Maybe they're waiting until they get past where MCS left off to do a release.

Personally, I've been going through Dynaman withdrawals since July.
>>
Who is the better Sheriff? Gavan, Sharivan or Shaider?
>>
>>15289817

Sentai's been around for so long I don't think it will ever end. It's been nonstop since 79. People in Japan are just used to it being around, and thanks to the turn around, every time a series underperforms they give it another shot anyway because it's too ingrained to cancel so easily and it always picks back up with the next group of 5 year olds.

It's had a few close calls but always recovered.
>>
File: sharivan.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sharivan.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
>>15290562
Sharivan > Gavan > Shaider

In a practical way, Sharivan is a lot more "cop" than Gavan: got a pistol, adept of dual wield (use gun and pistol at the same time), flip his gun like a traditional sheriff, hit enemies with pistol butt and does his transformation in many different situations (falling, escaping from explosions, saving someone). And Sharivan's Crash, aesthetically speaking, is not only the best sword finisher of the trilogy, but probably the entire MH franchise (together with Jiraiya's Jikou Shinkuu Ken).

Shaider has some better FXs (beams and laser blade), but the enemies are even worse, the actor is bad and Annie overshadow him in some moments.
>>
>>15289817
Not even Megan knows when Dyna and Sharivan will be ready (https://twitter.com/MegaAnon/status/838930743170564096), so patience is a virtue in this case I guess. I just hope they don't become a second GUIS.

>>15290562
In terms of show or character? If the former, Sharivan might be the best, but I can't judge it just yet.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.